Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,782 members, 7,831,524 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! (8352 Views)

List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo / Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable / The Poltical-economic Stuctures That Make Igboland The Emerging African Paradise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by Princek12(m): 6:53pm On Sep 22, 2010
aisha2:

For starters, I have joined a political party, which is not perfect but seems like the only credible alternative. I have also raised over N1million as my own modest contribution to fund the presidential ambition of someone i really really believe in. Am not a millionaire far from it but i beleive in this candidate and am ready to go all the way for and with Him
Unfortunatwly i cannot be fully involved in his campaign train because of the nature of my work, but if i can not support him with my hands, I can support him with funds

Good job on what you are doing! But I am sure many Nigerians can also boast of doing the same, hopefully they are not supporting IBB or Atiku or Saraki, sha!
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 22, 2010
Princek12:

awww, I am willing to give you a slack for writing this comment if you did not look at your picture before posting it. For you to say Naija men are ugly, it is appalling since it comes from someone who is a model example of what we call "wowo." Regardless of how you depict Naija men, they are still the most sought after African men. Can you say the same of Naija women? I guess not.

Lmao!! I saw this coming tongue

Another expensive joke grin grin
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by Ben13: 7:00pm On Sep 22, 2010
aisha2:

The way we sit complain, and do nothing, wait for God or for any individual to sacrifice his life while we sit on the side and do nothing but complain

That's nature! It's only human. There must always be a messiah in every situation, that's what you should understand.And for a messiah to come, the people in the predicament must long for one.
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by zionsown: 7:05pm On Sep 22, 2010
the way the hausa, yoruba and igbos think they are the owners of nigeria make me sick and the same people are the architec of bad governance, my personal opinion
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 22, 2010
@ poster, how about " what makes you love  your country?"

If u focus on what makes u "cringe" about our country, Im afraid that's all u'll ever see. Why not see the cup as half full rather than half empty. Always remember this, your thoughts become your reality. Garbage in garbage out, think -ve see -ve.
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by UyiIredia(m): 7:13pm On Sep 22, 2010
i'm back on campus >>> C.U to be precise >>> sitting in a plush, air-conditioned & serene library environment ( & browsing high-speed) >>> i can't think of what about Nigeria makes me cringe_a paradox >>> and i am obviously not cringing >>> thinks to himself >>> What makes me cringe? bad health care
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by SSaemoenl(m): 7:14pm On Sep 22, 2010
Being a Nigerian!!! It sucks
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by BulusMBitrus(m): 7:15pm On Sep 22, 2010
Things that make us nigerian cringe are as follows:- (1) we pretend. (2) we are corrupt people,that's in every sector.(3) Family and friends problem is distopping us.(4) law enforcement agencies. Their making life difficult to poor people. E.T.C
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by UyiIredia(m): 7:30pm On Sep 22, 2010
i'm quite pissed >>> we, Nigerians yab ourselves so much >>> yet CNN & co do their smut >>> abeg, for all her faults >>> good still dey for 9ja

to be candid >>> if i were 'born again' >>> i would love to come to Nigeria
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by naijaworkz(m): 7:34pm On Sep 22, 2010
Poor level of development in the midst of plenty natural resources. - it's pathetic.
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by buzugee(m): 7:41pm On Sep 22, 2010
things that make me happy about nigeria

the food (best in the world)

the sense of humor

the social scene

the bond that friends form is stronger than in other parts of the world.

the culture of 'what is yours is yours forever with no ties' ( no property tax, road tax, council tax, tv license, water tax, garbage man tax, etc etc )

the sense of freedom you have when in nigeria

lack of racism

feeling like a first class citizen and that you belong
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by UyiIredia(m): 8:02pm On Sep 22, 2010
buzugee:

things that make me happy about nigeria

the food (best in the world)

the sense of humor

the social scene

the bond that friends form is stronger than in other parts of the world.

the culture of 'what is yours is yours forever with no ties' ( no property tax, road tax, council tax, tv license, water tax, garbage man tax, etc etc )

the sense of freedom you have when in nigeria

lack of racism

feeling like a first class citizen and that you belong

hoooooooooold it >>> fashola will all dis im tax tax talk is changing all that >>> few days ago i just paid the tax due our residence
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by buzugee(m): 8:14pm On Sep 22, 2010
Uyi Iredia:

hoooooooooold it >>> fashola will all dis im tax tax talk is changing all that >>> few days ago i just paid the tax due our residence
how much was it for ? is it affordable ?
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by safariman(m): 8:15pm On Sep 22, 2010
Tribalistic
Average people, terrible leaders, no accountability
Corruption (at all levels)
Sexism (oppression at all levels) Overpopulation
Lack of maintenance culture
Lack of patience (instant gratification)
voodoo
outwardly religious (inwardly NO)
Fakeness (gra gra with no substance)
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by UyiIredia(m): 8:39pm On Sep 22, 2010
in our case #61 k >>> after serious 'tactical begging' with the officials >>> to avoid paying fines for late payment_ we didn't get the means to pay on time >>> talkless of all the nonsense local govt levies & permits that get posted to my place per month
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 22, 2010
1. nigerian bank's ATM machines
2. the fact that a corrupt politician is still very credible to run for elections
3. the greed of nigerian ladies
4. the police force
5. the high level of illeteracy even amonst the learned ones that call themselves the older generation
6. the staggering rate of unemployment
7. the hausa people in the north that dont hesitate taking up arms during religious crises
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by ayo2009ice(m): 9:42pm On Sep 22, 2010
Alao alamala of oyo state.
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 22, 2010
religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion, religion,
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by chibaby5(f): 10:26pm On Sep 22, 2010
@topic

Jus da word NIGERIA is enof 2 make one cringe. Full of negativity sad
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by metalGo0g: 10:37pm On Sep 22, 2010
Sheer hypocrisy . . . Example, Some people who benefitted from zoning agreement are now opposing it because they have had their own turn.
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by McCoy91(m): 10:57pm On Sep 22, 2010
angry simply put, our 'backwardness'. A friend said that ie the USA was paused & Nigeria put on fast-foward for fifteen years, we wud'nt still get to that level. It is appalling that in the 'giant' of Africa, a human being can have a tire put on him & then be burnt in public with people aroun enjoying the show & filming it. Am I proud to be a Nigerian? Not sure.
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by Pafuri(m): 12:16am On Sep 23, 2010
Witches and wizards calling themselves 'prayer warriors'! shocked sad angry cry cry cry
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by luckyseven: 12:18am On Sep 23, 2010
lack of respect for one and other,nothing can work without this basic thing.
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by Nobody: 12:24am On Sep 23, 2010
1) The belief that elections in particular and Democracy in general is somehow more than just begging the corrupt criminal political class to be good for a change.
2) The fact that I want this country and its people to change so badly, but knowing there is very little I can do to affect change.
3) The sense of despair I feel when I read these comments of a people yearning for a change that may never come.
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by Pafuri(m): 12:32am On Sep 23, 2010
@Idehn: , unless they wake up and act.
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by Nobody: 1:56am On Sep 23, 2010
nigerians pretending to be who they are not.
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by kabukabu(m): 2:24am On Sep 23, 2010
1)bus touts
2)crooked cops
3)crooked justice system
4)omonile
5)armed robbers
6)money for hand, doctors
7)malaria
coolreligous zealots, christians, muslims and idiots painting themselves with chalk and leaving sacrifices at road junctions.
9)drunk drivers
10)bribery
11)bad gutters
12)trash everywhere
13)No electricity
14)People who think you are a genius if you use one big word, usually incorrectly or mis pronounced.
15)bad merchandise sold in stores, expired
16)tribalism
17)nepotism
18)military men who think they are gods, remember nigeria is a democracy which means you answer to civilians not the other way around.
19)election intimidation
20)Close minded nigerians who will use foreign technology but still frown on women wearing pants.

21, i'll add more later
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by bidemi12(m): 2:36am On Sep 23, 2010
Blackcat1 and bluetooth; dont you dare comment on this thread. you find nothing wrong with the country remember?
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by bkbabe97y(m): 2:54am On Sep 23, 2010
metalGo0g:

Sheer hypocrisy . . . Example, Some people who benefitted from zoning agreement are now opposing it because they have had their own turn.

The fact that MENTALgong [/b]has now changed to [b]MENTALGO0G! grin
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by occam(m): 3:49am On Sep 23, 2010
what is the purpose of this thread? this only a bitchfest with no real value
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by AloyEmeka5: 3:52am On Sep 23, 2010
1. Yorubas

2. Igbos

3. Hausa/Fulani
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by yashika(m): 4:01am On Sep 23, 2010
Let us for one preach or say something good bout our dear country. Nigeria is one of the best countries in the world , ask questions. Its the name u give a child/dog the he /she will depict Lion will act like a lion, bingo will act like bingo. May God help us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ex-Militants Get More Money Than Health Sector: Nigeria's 2012 Budget / Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU / Buhari, AGF Meet Over Probe Of Govt Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.