Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,465 members, 7,823,088 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

“EFCC Can't Probe My Government” — Gov. Wike Blows Hot - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “EFCC Can't Probe My Government” — Gov. Wike Blows Hot (555 Views)

“We Will Know Who Is In Charge Soon” – Wike Blows Hot, Visits APC Chairman / 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot / Festus Keyamo: Lagos Judicial Panel Illegal, States Can't Probe Military, Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“EFCC Can't Probe My Government” — Gov. Wike Blows Hot by BleedingPen: 7:17pm On May 09, 2019
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike has declared that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has no powers to investigate financial transactions of his government.

He said before the EFCC can investigate his government, the anti-graft agency must first vacate a Federal High Court judgment that declared that it cannot investigate the financial transactions of the Rivers State Government.

The governor made the declaration on Thursday when he received the Group Managing Director (Designate) of Zenith Bank, Ebenezer Onyeagwu.

“EFCC has no powers to look into our financial transactions. You cannot be giving our financial transactions to the EFCC, because that it is illegal.

“Unless the EFCC sets aside the judgment, they have no powers to look into our financial transactions. Not that we are afraid, but due process must be followed.”

He said that if Zenith Bank refuses to obey the Court judgment, Rivers State Government will be compelled to file the necessary processes to ensure that the right thing is done.

Wike congratulated Onyeagwu on his appointment as the Group Managing Director (Designate) of the Zenith Bank, stating that his appointment was due to commitment and hardwork.

On his part, Onyeagwu congratulated the Rivers State Governor on his re-election, adding that “everyone of us in Zenith Bank is very pleased over the success you have recorded . We also want to use this opportunity to congratulate you on your victory at the last election and wish for a glorious second term”.

On the reason for his visit, the Zenith Bank GMD Designate said he was in Rivers State to inform the Governor that he would take over the leadership of the bank on June 1, 2019.

http://igberetvnews.com/643274/just-in-efcc-cant-probe-my-government-wike-blows-hot/

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J

Re: “EFCC Can't Probe My Government” — Gov. Wike Blows Hot by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 09, 2019
The same constitution he paraphrases has contradictory lines. Our constitution needs to be amended, and not amended by anyone who has held any government position or who is in government.
We live in a country where one set of family and friends rule, and they are liken as though they share monarchical royalty of rulership.
The history of Wike has always revolved around River State's government, from one position to another.

Let's be judgmental; these thieves have been ruling us since independence. Why else will sb rule as a governor, then a military ruler, then a senator, then a minister, then a president, then a senator, then a commissioner, then an advisor, then he puts his child to continue the cycle when old?
Are you a devil? Are you the only one in the country! May God P Y'all.
Be less bothered, when we ascend that office; y'all corrupt (then) past government officials (and including your children) will suffer the pain you caused to others; all our monies looted will be uncovered.
Gentlemen of the country, I say to you, be less bothered'bout them. No stone will go uncovered in the nearest future.
Re: “EFCC Can't Probe My Government” — Gov. Wike Blows Hot by iammo(m): 8:25pm On May 09, 2019
cool

thief ole barawo
Re: “EFCC Can't Probe My Government” — Gov. Wike Blows Hot by donbachi(m): 8:30pm On May 09, 2019
He is ranting because of the perpetual injuction odili collected from the court...same reason amaechi could not be probed.rather they set up a commission of enquiry to look into the case brought against him(amaechi).
Re: “EFCC Can't Probe My Government” — Gov. Wike Blows Hot by LacunaJacuna(m): 9:18pm On May 09, 2019
Trouble dey sleep Yanga go wake am

Becareful what you wish for.
Re: “EFCC Can't Probe My Government” — Gov. Wike Blows Hot by helinues: 9:22pm On May 09, 2019
Mr Wike the Wiked , if you do not have any skeletons in your cupboard, why not allow them to their works..

Re: “EFCC Can't Probe My Government” — Gov. Wike Blows Hot by dollytino4real(f): 10:03pm On May 09, 2019
dem dey crase or dem wan crase mad
Re: “EFCC Can't Probe My Government” — Gov. Wike Blows Hot by Abdulazeez99: 8:57am On May 10, 2019
He's right jhor. Wike my man.

Cc: Lalasticlala

[quote author=BleedingPen post=78251968] He said before the EFCC can investigate his government, the anti-graft agency must first vacate a Federal High Court judgment that declared that it cannot investigate the financial transactions of the Rivers State Government.

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Holds Valedictory FEC Meeting In Abuja / Beloved Children Of Kwara - Ahman Pategi / Muhammadu Buhari: The President Without An Agenda.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.