Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,191 members, 7,953,689 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:21 PM

How To Plan A Good Wedding? - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How To Plan A Good Wedding? (31927 Views)

Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? / Am In Need Of A Good Wedding Planner In Kaduna / Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Plan A Good Wedding? by eby4k4(f): 11:59am On May 03, 2007
Fellow Nairalander,
My wedding is coming up by December and I want to start planning now, but I don’t know how and where to start, Please I need help!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: How To Plan A Good Wedding? by temmyabby(f): 10:20pm On May 05, 2007
Congrats cheesy, Get a wedding planner undecided,
Re: How To Plan A Good Wedding? by kticks(m): 11:16pm On May 05, 2007
The first thing to do is to first get pregnant for the guy so that his family will know that you are fertile. This is the practice in Nigeria today.

1 Like

Re: How To Plan A Good Wedding? by RedLips3(f): 11:17pm On May 05, 2007
maybe in your village, that's the practice.
Re: How To Plan A Good Wedding? by omogenaija(f): 11:57pm On May 05, 2007
start saving and get a wedding planner , good luck
Re: How To Plan A Good Wedding? by dollyp1cute(f): 12:37am On May 06, 2007
kticks:

The first thing to do is to first get pregnant for the guy so that his family will know that you are fertile. This is the practice in Nigeria today.

Typical guy 'sillyness', someone wants to plan for wedding, e say make e get pregnant, so she will be planning for baby, ko.

Anyway @eby4kb

[list]
[li]Get a notebook and pen.
Determine your budget.
Start attending more weddings to get ideas and feel of what you want.
Get numbers of ur friend, sisters friends or anyone who recently got married to be by you, they are usually excited to help and will be good pointers.
Get a list of 3-4 caterers and get quotations (if possible attend functions where they are catering to sample their food)
Start scouting for venue and book asap.
Music will it be live band or DJ, again get list and sample.
Decide if you are sowing your gown, if buying from abroad start sourcing and order asap.
Find a good haristylist practice to find style that suits your face e.g top, flat, afro u get my drift.
Get a good makeup artist if not practice to find colour shade that suits you and practice or get a groovy friend who is fashionable and is a true friend you dont want anyone making you up as a clown (I am serious o) I have seen some brides and believe me,
Choose the colour theme for the day.
Get a list of 3-4 decorators and try to go to functions they decorating to see their work.
Decide who your best lady will be and get them to do the runnings with you.
Start looking at cake designs, e.t.c
[/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
Others
Eat healthily (fruits, veg e.t.c)
Drink plenty of water it will help your skin.
Pray

ALL THE BEST smiley

2 Likes

Re: How To Plan A Good Wedding? by spoilt(f): 1:08am On May 06, 2007
kticks:

if you have nothing better to say why not just put your tongue in its sheath or scabbard? angry
Re: How To Plan A Good Wedding? by smile4kenn(m): 6:39am On May 06, 2007
There are so many wedding planners in Nigeria now. Try get one. They charge over 500,000 naira
Re: How To Plan A Good Wedding? by spoilt(f): 6:48am On May 06, 2007
smile4kenn:

There are so many wedding planners in Nigeria now. Try get one. They charge over 500,000 naira

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

[s]that N500,000 will completely foot the bill for a small wedding[/s]. grin
Re: How To Plan A Good Wedding? by Aniomaman(m): 10:52am On May 06, 2007
My wedding is coming up in september and even though we don't want such a big wedding, N500,000 is definitely no where near our budget. We are having just the traditional but then everyday it just keeps going up. having a wedding in naija now is worth planning long and hard so u get the best, it's something you do once in a lifetime and you want good memories.
Get a wedding planner but those can be expensive, why don't u get your closest family members involved? I know ladies have a thing for planning weddings. My fiancee is in charge of everything basically with my mom, not becos I don't wanna be involved but becos they think I don't know a thing about planning weddings, oh well, what can a broda say grin.
Goodluck and Congrats
Re: How To Plan A Good Wedding? by ebonie(f): 2:09pm On May 06, 2007
If you dont have time to do all the running around (can be VERY stressful), it will be better for you to get a wedding planner.

Anyway im into event decoration so you can contact me for that ( d_ebonie@yahoo.com )
Re: How To Plan A Good Wedding? by jesuseun1(m): 5:01am On May 07, 2007
ITS GUD to knw dat u are getting married soon,I will advise u to do the first thing first,and that is choosing a specific date in December ,which two of you must agree upon including the two families.By the time the date is specific,then planning starts and u will knw where to starts from and wat to do.and try to be close to somone who is newly married to put u thru,to help u avoid the mistakes they made.
and most importantly dont forget to also get prepare spiritually,fast and pray to make everthing work out well.it is well!
Re: How To Plan A Good Wedding? by smile4kenn(m): 7:01am On May 07, 2007
When i mean 500,000 naira, its just the fee to pay the weddings planner thats not the money to setup the wedding.
Re: How To Plan A Good Wedding? by Sundaisy(f): 8:42am On May 07, 2007
Fellow Nairalander,
My wedding is coming up by December and I want to start planning now, but I don’t know how and where to start, Please I need help!!!!!!!!!!!!

[color=#990000][/color]Congrads Sweetie. I wish u and your loved ones the very best smiley
Re: How To Plan A Good Wedding? by Ronke2811(f): 11:01am On May 07, 2007
smile4kenn:

When i mean 500,000 naira, its just the fee to pay the weddings planner thats not the money to setup the wedding.
@ smile4kenn
i think this price is really on the high side, just because i need information doesnt mean myself and my hussy shld dole out half a million to a single soul, bearing in mind that i still have to pay other vendors ( caterers, drinks, facial , makeup, cameramen, videography, rentals, etc).

Sundaisy:

Fellow Nairalander,
My wedding is coming up by December and I want to start planning now, but I don’t know how and where to start, Please I need help!!!!!!!!!!!!}
@ sundaisy
my candid advice
1. do a budget on ur expenses
2. buy wedding planner magazine ( its a monthly magazine)
3. get ideas by attending pples wedding
4. get ur friends involved ( two good heads are better than one)
5. 2 things dat must be handy( biro and a note pad) ideas springs up every seconds
6. inspirations comes from within, dare to be different
7. surf the net
Re: How To Plan A Good Wedding? by MyPeace(f): 11:45am On May 07, 2007
All you need now is to start saving your money.

Get a must do list,state your budget, list all you need. e.g the basics are:

your ring
gown and suits
your accessories, i.e shoe, ear-ring etc
food/caterer
decoration
cake
drinks
hall
video
music

Get the people that will help you do these and get the prices.

Start active preparation 3months to the wedding, start buying or sewing your gown, and buying d accessories. a month to the time, you start giving the contractors their money, i.e the catere, the video man etc.

mine is next week, l never engaged any weddn planner, l planned it by myself and sisters, it lessening the cost and l am having no stress at all.

Good luck and congratulation.
Re: How To Plan A Good Wedding? by Beline(f): 12:18pm On May 07, 2007
dollyp1cute:

Typical guy 'sillyness', someone wants to plan for wedding, e say make e get pregnant, so she will be planning for baby, ko.

Anyway @eby4kb

[list]
[li]Get a notebook and pen.
Determine your budget.
Start attending more weddings to get ideas and feel of what you want.
Get numbers of your friend, sisters friends or anyone who recently got married to be by you, they are usually excited to help and will be good pointers.
Get a list of 3-4 caterers and get quotations (if possible attend functions where they are catering to sample their food)
Start scouting for venue and book asap.
Music will it be live band or DJ, again get list and sample.
Decide if you are sowing your gown, if buying from abroad start sourcing and order asap.
Find a good haristylist practice to find style that suits your face e.g top, flat, afro u get my drift.
Get a good makeup artist if not practice to find colour shade that suits you and practice or get a groovy friend who is fashionable and is a true friend you don't want anyone making you up as a clown (I am serious o) I have seen some brides and believe me,
Choose the colour theme for the day.
Get a list of 3-4 decorators and try to go to functions they decorating to see their work.
Decide who your best lady will be and get them to do the runnings with you.
Start looking at cake designs, e.t.c
[/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
Others
Eat healthily (fruits, veg e.t.c)
Drink plenty of water it will help your skin.
Pray

ALL THE BEST smiley

This is all you need
Re: How To Plan A Good Wedding? by afolayangs(m): 1:51pm On May 07, 2007
Its seems this section is ladies affairs because the only guy that responded said rubbish.
I will advise u to take ur time to plan what u will spend and how u will source for the money

ire a ka ri oooooooooooo
Re: How To Plan A Good Wedding? by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 08, 2007
looking at all of this its no wonder guys are scared of getting married.
all this doe for a simple ceremony?
a beautiful wedding and a year of gari(with no sugar) undecided
Re: How To Plan A Good Wedding? by penfold(m): 4:12pm On May 08, 2007
don't worry urself, just make sure that u ahve d reception venue booked and paid for,your gown suit and rings bought and ur train in place, i suggest u ave just a best man and chief bride's maid, the rest will fall into place,
Re: How To Plan A Good Wedding? by software(m): 5:01pm On May 08, 2007
Best of Luck to all those who are Getting Married soon smiley, But seems the guys aint so much interested in this thread, grin
Re: How To Plan A Good Wedding? by dollyp1cute(f): 5:28pm On May 08, 2007
'cos they haven't got a clue
Re: How To Plan A Good Wedding? by software(m): 6:58pm On May 08, 2007
dollyp1cute:

'because they haven't got a clue

LOL But not all. some of the event planners are GUYS grin
Re: How To Plan A Good Wedding? by sketch18(m): 10:32am On May 09, 2007
does any one know the total COSTS for the whole wedding??
from the church to the actual wedding party?
Re: How To Plan A Good Wedding? by sketch18(m): 10:32am On May 09, 2007
ON AVERAGE I MEAN grin grin
Re: How To Plan A Good Wedding? by phantah(f): 1:07pm On May 09, 2007
hi all! congratulations to all those getting married soon. if you want exquisite beads and accessories for yourself and your train at an unbelievebly low price just send a mail to freeecclesia@yahoo.com. also, we have great suits,shirts and ties and men's accessories to suit any budget. we help you save money!
Re: How To Plan A Good Wedding? by chivaley(f): 4:23pm On May 09, 2007
hello y'all! congratulations to the ladies gettin married. my mum is a wedding planner and specializes in wedding cakes and decor and she is top notch, so hey holla if you are interested so i'll hook you up.
Re: How To Plan A Good Wedding? by dinnerm(f): 11:03pm On May 09, 2007
get a wedding planner,they are many jobless ones that are looking for jobs like this
Re: How To Plan A Good Wedding? by tenik: 12:39am On May 10, 2007
Hmmmmm, and dont forget to get a good photographer to capture ur beautiful day. Check out www.eikonworld.com, WISH YOU A BLISSFUL MARRIAGE.
Re: How To Plan A Good Wedding? by finemocha(f): 4:14am On May 10, 2007
why dont u just save ur money adn ask other people who have gotten married.
1. make a freaking list
2. put your cousins and sisters to good use
3. take that wedding planners number and throw it out the window
4. trust me, u can do it urself, all u need to do is be organized, and know exactly what u want.

1 Like

Re: How To Plan A Good Wedding? by Elgaxton(m): 11:55am On May 10, 2007
Firssssst Question!!!

What kinda wedding are you looking at?

wher is the wedding holding?

is it a high society wedding? then just go arrange cash kia kia

1.5mill plus wedding planner, they are many in nigeria
Re: How To Plan A Good Wedding? by ovadose(f): 1:09pm On May 10, 2007
congrats. If you plan well, you shouldnt need a wedding planner.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Benue University Fresh Graduate Who Died On Valentine's Day Buried (Photos) / 80 Couples Wed In Nasarawa Catholic Church (Photos) / Beautiful Pictures Of Twins Celebrating Their Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.