Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? (21900 Views)

How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only / See The Food A Couple Served Their Guests At Their White Wedding In Benue(pic) / My Traditional And White Wedding With Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by goodson(m): 8:13pm On May 06, 2009
please i would want to know if one can plan a white wedding with 450k, i will be xpectin close to 150 guest at the wedding
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 06, 2009
hmmm thingswill be tight oh? undecided
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Okanran(m): 8:40pm On May 06, 2009
Some peeps nor go see food chop! grin Dn't mind me jare, couldn't resist the dig! embarassed

@ Topic: Y not meet a wedding planner
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by tpiah: 8:40pm On May 06, 2009
Catering bill and reception - outdoor or indoor?

Bride and Groom wedding outfits+ rings+ change of clothes

Set up, decorations, venue and seating if you're not using wedding planner

Very important: choice of photographer

Wedding bands/dj/music

start from there with your estimates.

1 Like

Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by tkb417(m): 8:41pm On May 06, 2009
go save ur dough till ur wife comes into ur house
go to the Reg to sign and then take pics.
You dont have to do any jamboree if u dont have the dough
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by whitelexi(m): 8:45pm On May 06, 2009
Why not?

Invite few people, u only really need a few witnesses.
Avoid all the fancy rings, cakes, food, clothes, and party.
You will even have change for a nice place for your honeymoon in naija!
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by tkb417(m): 8:48pm On May 06, 2009
Why not?

we are saying the same thing
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by tpiah: 8:52pm On May 06, 2009
tkb417:

I have nothing against registry marriages (in fact I prefer them), but not everyone wants that.

Some people are very family/socially oriented and like large weddings with everyone in attendance.
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by bigbumper(f): 8:53pm On May 06, 2009
tkb417:

whitelexi:

Why not?

See them crawling outta the woodworks, the cheapskates tongue cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by whitelexi(m): 8:55pm On May 06, 2009
big_bumper:

See them crawling outta the woodworks, the cheapskates tongue cheesy grin cheesy

U no go tie that ya tongue now abi? tongue
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by tkb417(m): 8:56pm On May 06, 2009
I have nothing against registry marriages (in fact I prefer them), but not everyone likes that.

Some people are very family oriented and like large weddings with everyone in attendance
but with 450k shocked
People will die of hunger grin

See them crawling outta the woodworks, the cheapskates
i do my things LARGE
was only asking how 450k will be enuff to do what he wants to do.
That wont b enuff for the liqours for me
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by bigbumper(f): 8:58pm On May 06, 2009
Okanran:

@ Topic: Y not meet a wedding planner

We, the wedding planners are already here, Tpia has already started the ball rolling cheesy

tpiah:

Catering bill and reception - outdoor or indoor?

Bride and Groom wedding outfits+ rings+ change of clothes

Set up, decorations, venue and seating if you're not using wedding planner

Very important: choice of photographer

Wedding bands/dj/music

start from there with your estimates.

In addition to this, it also depends on what you want to spend most of that money on, and also whether that budget includes your wedding gear and rings, etc

I have heard of sone reception halls costing around the N100,000 naira mark and I am sure you can get cheaper than this cheesy

But before I talk any further, my own fee as a wedding planner is N3.5 Million Naira only, but I would do you a favour out of the kindness of my heart and only charge you 10%, which is N350,000 Naira only cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by surface(f): 9:00pm On May 06, 2009
wit good planing i think it will be okay,since little help might comes frm friends and family
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by bigbumper(f): 9:03pm On May 06, 2009
tkb417:

. . . i do my things LARGE
was only asking how 450k will be enuff to do what he wants to do.
That wont b enuff for the liqours for me

Why did you think I have been shamelessly pursuing you all over NL for you to marry me if not that I need a man with endless wealth to satiate my longthroat cheesy cheesy cheesy

whitelexi:

U no go tie that ya tongue now abi? tongue

Hello slitty sexy eyes cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Okanran(m): 9:05pm On May 06, 2009
big_bumper:

We, the wedding planners are already here, Tpia has already started the ball rolling cheesy

But before I talk any further, my own fee as a wedding planner is N3.5 Million Naira only, but I would do you a favour out of the kindness of my heart and only charge you 10%, which is N350,000 Naira only cheesy grin cheesy

Ni tori Olorun! After the guy explain sey na 450K u still dey charge 350K, u wan make guest drink garri and pure water abi

Guy, abeg when I advised u 2 meet planners God knows I didn't have the likes of onidi alada nla in mind!

@ Topic: Get married to ur wife within ur mite, so long as u guys love each other nuffin do u! Pls avoid planners cum killahs.
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by maray(f): 9:05pm On May 06, 2009
it all depends on d type of wedding u want.Gd luck.
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by tkb417(m): 9:05pm On May 06, 2009
In addition to this, it also depends on what you want to spend most of that money on, and also whether that budget includes your wedding gear and rings, etc

I have heard of sone reception halls costing around the N100,000 naira mark and I am sure you can get cheaper than this

But before I talk any further, my own fee as a wedding planner is N3.5 Million Naira only, but I would do you a  favour out of the kindness of my heart and only charge you 10%, which is N350,000 Naira only

exactly!
I know someone who will collect between 1.2 and 2m to plan
Then talk of the attires (The suits and the natives) between 500-1m
Hall between 100-250
Food-1m
Drinks1m
Sundries/music/live band1m
Cake and decors-500-1m
Rings, Recordings, wedding album, honeymoon 1-2m

sum it and lets see

if you take 40% of the base costs in trying to go cheap, im sure the dude will still do more than 450k

Why did you think I have been shamelessly pursuing you all over NL for you to marry me if not that I need a man with endless wealth to satiate my longthroat
Siena is loaded enuff to satisfy ur long throat grin
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by tpiah: 9:21pm On May 06, 2009
am I missing something or what kind of food are they eating for N1 million?

No be jollof rice them dey serve for wedding abi Naijas don dey chop caviar?

Drinks for 1 million?

total number of guests is 150 people. Lets assume another 100- 200 will gatecrash making say 350. (especially if the wedding is held in the village).

I wish my mom were here so I can ask her to give me an estimate of how much food would be needed to feed 350 people.

anyway, considering the cows that have to be slaughtered, I guess upwards of half a million may be necessary.

lets say 3 cows for about N300,000. Plus maybe 10 goats @ up to 100,000?

just guessing.

Reception venue could be cheaper if it's outside Lagos, PH or any of the big cities.

and if you're doing plate per head, 150 times say N3000 per plate is still N450,000, conservative estimate.
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by bigbumper(f): 9:28pm On May 06, 2009
Okanran:

Ni tori Olorun! After the guy explain sey na 450K u still dey charge 350K, u wan make guest drink garri and pure water abi

Guy, abeg when I advised u 2 meet planners God knows I didn't have the likes of onidi alada nla in mind!

@ Topic: Get married to ur wife within ur mite, so long as u guys love each other nuffin do u! Pls avoid planners cum killahs.

Okobo oko Tgirl4real, no be you talk say he should get a wedding planner, after all that discount I gave him, you people like free things sha, I don talk my own sha, hit me up if you still require my service tongue

tkb417:

exactly!
I know someone who will collect between 1.2 and 2m to plan
Then talk of the attires (The suits and the natives) between 500-1m
Hall between 100-250
Food-1m
Drinks1m
Sundries/music/live band1m
Cake and decors-500-1m
Rings, Recordings, wedding album, honeymoon 1-2m

sum it and lets see

if you take 40% of the base costs in trying to go cheap, im sure the dude will still do more than 450k
Siena is loaded enuff to satisfy ur long throat grin

Nah, Siena does not have the non-negotiable blue blood flowing through his vein, so he is disqualified from the race cheesy Besides, he is over the hills and I would have to replace him in a few years time cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by bigbumper(f): 9:31pm On May 06, 2009
tpiah:

No be jollof rice them dey serve for wedding abi Naijas don dey chop caviar?

Drinks for 1 million?

total number of guests is 150 people. Lets assume another 100- 200 will gatecrash making say 350. (especially if the wedding is held in the village).

I wish my mom were here so I can ask her to give me an estimate of how much food would be needed to feed 350 people.

anyway, considering the cows that have to be slaughtered, I guess upwards of half a million may be necessary.

lets say 3 cows for about N300,000. Plus maybe 10 goats @ up to 100,000?

just guessing.

Reception venue could be cheaper if it's outside Lagos, PH or any of the big cities.

and if you're doing plate per head, 150 times say N3000 per plate is still N450,000, conservative estimate.

Fellow wedding planner, you berra negotiate your own price too cheesy

A bag of rice is N8,000.

N100,000 per cow, you are having a laugh cheesy That would not even buy you the tail cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by tkb417(m): 9:32pm On May 06, 2009

No be jollof rice them dey serve for wedding abi Najas don dey chop caviar?

Drinks for 1 million?

total number of guests is 150 people. Lets assume another 100- 200 will gatecrash making say 350.

I wish my mom were here so I can ask her to give me an estimate for how much food would be needed to feed 350 people.

lets say 3 cows for about N300,000. Maybe 10 goats @ up to 100,000?

just guessing.
Tpia
im not talking of a budget of 150. All i wanted to do was give an estimate for a society wedding where all are invited.
Trying to estimate a low keyed one, i assumed taking 40% of my base costs to arrive at what could be suitable for a few people like the OP really want. In essence, just trying to say 450k wont be enuff for what he wants to do. The REG will be the most ideal thingy to do
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Okanran(m): 9:33pm On May 06, 2009
big_bumper:

Okobo oko Tgirl4real, no be you talk say he should get a wedding planner, after all that discount I gave him, you people like free things sha, I don talk my own sha, hit me up if you still require my service tongue

Of-course I intend to invite u to a pre-qualification process when my wedding comes up. Just so u know, u'll be competing against established planners. . . shey emi e gbe tongue
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by tpiah: 9:37pm On May 06, 2009
big_bumper:

Fellow wedding planner, you berra negotiate your own price too cheesy

A bag of rice is N8,000.

N100,000 per cow, you are having a laugh cheesy That would not even buy you the tail cheesy grin cheesy

my own price is 30% of the total grin I give discounts grin

but seriously, the average cow is N100,000, I think. Fairly meaty one is N150,000 and above.

N200,000 is too much to pay for a cow unless its a prize bull you want to use to improve your other stock cheesy

imo- not set in stone oh cheesy

My mom told me the cost of a bag of rice but I've forgotten. Probably around this price you're quoting. But it should feed close to that 150 people, or at least one quarter/half of them.

tkb417:

Tpia
im not talking of a budget of 150. All i wanted to do was give an estimate for a society wedding where all are invited.
Trying to estimate a low keyed one, i assumed taking 40% of my base costs to arrive at what could be suitable for a few people like the OP really want. In essence, just trying to say 450k wont be enuff for what he wants to do. The REG will be the most ideal thingy to do

gotcha. wink
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by bigbumper(f): 9:42pm On May 06, 2009
Okanran:

Of-course I intend to invite u to a pre-qualification process when my wedding comes up. Just so u know, u'll be competing against established planners. . . shey emi e gbe tongue

Insolent and impudence angry You are marrying my homegirl Tgirl4real and you expect me to be a sabojo angry Of course I am gonna be sitting on the high table as the Iyalode, and if you don't take your time, I would tie my gele so tall and high to make sure it continuously pokes you in the face angry angry angry grin
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by bigbumper(f): 9:49pm On May 06, 2009
tpiah:

my own price is 30% of the total grin I give discounts grin

but seriously, the average cow is N100,000, I think. Fairly meaty one is N150,000 and above.

N200,000 is too much to pay for a cow unless its a prize bull you want to use to improve your other stock cheesy

imo- not set in stone oh cheesy

My mom told me the cost of a bag of rice but I've forgotten. Probably around this price you're quoting. But it should feed close to that 150 people, or at least one quarter/half of them.

gotcha. wink

N350,000 + N135,000 = N485,000 (Houston we have a problem cheesy ) We will come back to that.

I just came back from Africa so I am 100% sure about the rice being around the N8,000 mark, but to get a cow that would fill 5 coolers, you are looking at around the quarter of a million mark cheesy

I want to wait for the OP to come and tell us if this includes the wedding gown, suit, photography, honeymoon, etc before I venture further cheesy
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Igwe9(m): 11:03pm On May 06, 2009
big_bumper:

wahala dey oooooh!
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by mmababy(f): 11:42am On May 07, 2009
yes you can,just take them to a fast food like mr big burget their food with drink around 1500 each,which looks so powerful and expensive but the chapest means.try it,it will save ur hall fee,alot of wasting of food and drinks just try it out.
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by Tonyet1(m): 11:54am On May 07, 2009
NAIRALAND FOLKS WHEN WILL YOU GUYS BE SERIOUS OVER A GOOD ISSUE?  angry angry
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by tboy1(m): 11:59am On May 07, 2009
mmababy:

yes you can,just take them to a fast food like mr big burget their food with drink around 1500 each,which looks so powerful and expensive but the chapest means.try it,it will save ur hall fee,alot of wasting of food and drinks just try it out.
so in other words, reception in mr biggs?
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by spikedcylinder: 12:09pm On May 07, 2009
OP,
Don't kid yourself and please save 150 people from going hungry on your behalf. If you don't have the money please, go to the registry and get married. 450k is not going to give you the kind of wedding all these elenu nlas are propagating here. tongue
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by izeek(m): 12:27pm On May 07, 2009
when u plan a wedding, estimate that each guest is worth 1000per person on food alone.
do the maths an d know wats left.
Re: Can One Plan A White Wedding With 450k? by charminme(f): 12:44pm On May 07, 2009
With guest of 150 in number,
and a white wedding not just traditional
it is not possible, except,
u will use ur compound for the reception,
ur mom as the caterer,
no alcohol and no juice but more of pure water and zobo
and may be ur uncle is the owner of the rental shop

So go for a low key wedding and i guess u will be fine grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Burial Of Man Who Died A Week To His Wedding In Bauchi (Photos) / My Wedding Pictures / Birthday Party For One Year Old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.