Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Mother Sells Baby For N600,000 To Buy Phone, Wrapper - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mother Sells Baby For N600,000 To Buy Phone, Wrapper (19275 Views)

Mother Sells Six-week-old Baby, Buys Phone With Proceeds (photo) / Couple Sells Three Babies For N600,000 In Imo / Mother Sells Son For N300,000 In Enugu; Buyer Resells At 350,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother Sells Baby For N600,000 To Buy Phone, Wrapper by delpee(f): 5:41pm On May 10, 2019
hardasan:

Well, I feel its just like a glass that's either half way full or half way empty. The family for some reason cannot have a child and aren't aware of IVF obviously. they must have been in contact with her to get the child as soon as its born.

What about women who sell their eggs?
What about men who sell their sperm?
What about women who abort their kids or give birth and drop them in dunghills or in orphanages who still sell the kids?
What about families up north who raise children who end up as beggars or bokoharam recruits?
what about families down south that raise girls and knowingly send them off to italy to prostitute?
What about families who pay women to give birth for them and disappear or women who get pregnant with another man's child to cover up for their husband?

Wont it be better for that child to get education it wont have gotten before and become the next president of Nigeria or a ceo employing hundreds of people instead of becoming molested, initiated to cultism or prostitution and end up carrying cv and files up and down?

I'm not justifying anything she did or did not do, I'm saying her crimes are much lesser than the punishments being dished to her.

The point is that she deliberately sold her child which is a crime under the law!
Re: Mother Sells Baby For N600,000 To Buy Phone, Wrapper by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 10, 2019
hardasan:

You consider being asked if you're celibate derogatory?
All I know is if your life were at stake, you wouldn't swear that none of those ladies got pregnant.

Read again, I never justified her, I said she's better than those who out-rightly murder the children
Yes! I do. grin

This isn't about me or my life.. grin but if you want it to be about me, Then i would say, like i ve Already Asserted we used protection, I have never heard, read or come across a case of protected sex resulting to pregnancy..

Yes, you did. She isn't better. she has taking the child's life by selling it to buy a phone. look! if a mobile phone is more important to her than her child she is no different than those who kill their child. There is no Justifications for such. If she had the child adopted perhaps i would understand.
Re: Mother Sells Baby For N600,000 To Buy Phone, Wrapper by Sunrise258: 6:07pm On May 10, 2019
NNEWIsuper:
that's imo state for u.. marrying from imo state leaves u with a 70% chance of marrying a former prostitute

This is very true! Imolite n prostitution be like 5n6
Re: Mother Sells Baby For N600,000 To Buy Phone, Wrapper by LilMissFavvy(f): 6:10pm On May 10, 2019
If she dump it in pit toilet, they will call her wicked. She gave her baby out, because she already has enough children. She might have given it to a barren woman, now they are arresting and embarrassing them.
Re: Mother Sells Baby For N600,000 To Buy Phone, Wrapper by crucifiso(m): 6:11pm On May 10, 2019
This is ridiculous
Re: Mother Sells Baby For N600,000 To Buy Phone, Wrapper by damoobaba: 6:44pm On May 10, 2019
anonymuz:
That's just pure foolishness on her part. You carried a baby for nine months and decided to sell for a token,less than a million naira. She doesn't deserve to be called a mother rather a murderer.

Its like you don't understand something, some Ibo ladies now give birth every year to eventually sell for the highest bidder (maybe about #600,000). That will amount to #50,000 per month. Even federal government is finding it difficult to pay #30,000 minimum wage. its a lucrative business for those girls. Those IBO ladies are something else when it comes to giving birth and selling the children, had one here in my compound who was impregnated by "God knows who". she travelled to the east 2months ago after delivery and only God knows where her baby daughter is going to end up.

1 Like

Re: Mother Sells Baby For N600,000 To Buy Phone, Wrapper by Bhol28: 6:57pm On May 10, 2019
anonymuz:
That's just pure foolishness on her part. You carried a baby for nine months and decided to sell for a token,less than a million naira. She doesn't deserve to be called a mother rather a murderer.
that's the worst and most annoying part of d story.600k

1 Like

Re: Mother Sells Baby For N600,000 To Buy Phone, Wrapper by hardasan(f): 8:06pm On May 10, 2019
gypsey:
Yes! I do. grin

This isn't about me or my life.. grin but if you want it to be about me, Then i would say, like i ve Already Asserted we used protection, I have never heard, read or come across a case of protected sex resulting to pregnancy..

Yes, you did. She isn't better. she has taking the child's life by selling it to buy a phone. look! if a mobile phone is more important to her than her child she is no different than those who kill their child. There is no Justifications for such. If she had the child adopted perhaps i would understand.

Exactly what I am saying, she sold the child but the buyers were adopting the child. I'm not certain but its 85% likely that they were buying the child for adoption.
I am sorry to say but it is not a new thing in the east. Women who for one reason or the other find it hard to conceive do this a lot, they go to baby factories, describe the kind of mother and father they want for the child and even select a preferred candidate, select the period they want the child, pay for her upkeep, drugs and screening, then they take drugs to make themselves look and feel pregnant.
By the time of delivery, they go to a hotel and wait till the delivery and they are handed the child, they also take injections to allow then breastfeed the child. They pay and leave with the child. Many people prefer this method to adoption because this method is completely anonymous and they can't trace you back even if they want to but with orphanages, the birth parents can still trace and claim the child many years later.
I heard the full gist from people who experienced it or know people who went through the process so its not guess, its fact.

Its recently I am hearing that ritualists may have hijacked the process and hence the raids and arrests but hundreds of children's destiny have been positively altered through those exchanges.

So It's just like adoption/surrogacy instead of ritual aid or slavery.
Re: Mother Sells Baby For N600,000 To Buy Phone, Wrapper by anonymuz(m): 8:12pm On May 10, 2019
damoobaba:

Its like you don't understand something, some Ibo ladies now give birth every year to eventually sell for the highest bidder (maybe about #600,000). That will amount to #50,000 per month. Even federal government is finding it difficult to pay #30,000 minimum wage. its a lucrative business for those girls. Those IBO ladies are something else when it comes to giving birth and selling the children, had one here in my compound who was impregnated by "God knows who". she travelled to the east 2months ago after delivery and only God knows where her b aby daughter is going to end up.
this country dead and buried and I believe there might be problem soon if things continues like this. Revolution loading....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mother Sells Baby For N600,000 To Buy Phone, Wrapper by hardasan(f): 8:12pm On May 10, 2019
delpee:

The point is that she deliberately sold her child which is a crime under the law!

Its a crime but I still insist that the gravity is not as heavy as they are making it out to be?
Those who commit an abortion also committed a crime right? It should even be a heavier crime as its 1st degree murder and they should be hanged for it right?
Re: Mother Sells Baby For N600,000 To Buy Phone, Wrapper by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 10, 2019
hardasan:

Exactly what I am saying, she sold the child but the buyers were adopting the child. I'm not certain but its 85% likely that they were buying the child for adoption.
I am sorry to say but it is not a new thing in the east. Women who for one reason or the other find it hard to conceive do this a lot, they go to baby factories, describe the kind of mother and father they want for the child and even select a preferred candidate, select the period they want the child, pay for her upkeep, drugs and screening, then they take drugs to make themselves look and feel pregnant.
By the time of delivery, they go to a hotel and wait till the delivery and they are handed the child, they also take injections to allow then breastfeed the child. They pay and leave with the child. Many people prefer this method to adoption because this method is completely anonymous and they can't trace you back even if they want to but with orphanages, the birth parents can still trace and claim the child many years later.
I heard the full gist from people who experienced it or know people who went through the process so its not guess, its fact.

Its recently I am hearing that ritualists may have hijacked the process and hence the raids and arrests but hundreds of children's destiny have been positively altered through those exchanges.

So It's just like adoption/surrogacy instead of ritual aid or slavery.
shocked I am Discombobulated
Re: Mother Sells Baby For N600,000 To Buy Phone, Wrapper by hardasan(f): 8:14pm On May 10, 2019
gypsey:
shocked I am Discombobulated.

ko ye mi
Re: Mother Sells Baby For N600,000 To Buy Phone, Wrapper by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 10, 2019
hardasan:

ko ye mi
try flabbergasted. cheesy
Re: Mother Sells Baby For N600,000 To Buy Phone, Wrapper by hardasan(f): 8:18pm On May 10, 2019
gypsey:
try flabbergasted. cheesy

oh, I just hope you see things from their end by now
Re: Mother Sells Baby For N600,000 To Buy Phone, Wrapper by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 10, 2019
hardasan:

oh, I just hope you see things from their end by now
I see, but it's still don't make it right.

I apologise for using the term Hoe to describe you, if you found that offensive. tongue

what does "ko ye mi" means?
Re: Mother Sells Baby For N600,000 To Buy Phone, Wrapper by NaMeAboki: 8:28pm On May 10, 2019
They call this country a zoo; yet they are the ones behaving like primitive animals
Re: Mother Sells Baby For N600,000 To Buy Phone, Wrapper by hardasan(f): 8:30pm On May 10, 2019
gypsey:
I see, but it's still don't make it right.

I apologise for using the term Hoe to describe you, if you found that offensive. tongue

what dies "ko ye mi" means?

Your stance now is different from the initial one. I agree with you, what she did was very wrong but it doesn't warrant being called a murderer. What they need is enlightenment.

If I found it offensive? I for vex now but... Apology accepted

Ko ye mi means I don't understand in yoruba
Re: Mother Sells Baby For N600,000 To Buy Phone, Wrapper by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 10, 2019
hardasan:

Your stance now is different from the initial one. I agree with you, what she did was very wrong but it doesn't warrant being called a murderer. What they need is enlightenment.

If I found it offensive? I for vex now but... Apology accepted

Ko ye mi means I don't understand in yoruba

I guess so.

Believe it or not SOME females are Happy/proud describing or parading themselves as Hoes. cheesy They are all over Instagram/social media.

Okay. learnt something new today. Ciao! grin
Re: Mother Sells Baby For N600,000 To Buy Phone, Wrapper by hardasan(f): 8:44pm On May 10, 2019
gypsey:

I guess so.

Believe it or not SOME females are Happy/proud describing or parading themselves as Hoes. cheesy They are all over Instagram/social media.

Okay. learnt something new today. Ciao! grin

And I dont expect things to get better in these matters till the world finally comes to an end
Re: Mother Sells Baby For N600,000 To Buy Phone, Wrapper by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 10, 2019
hardasan:

And I dont expect things to get better in these matters till the world finally comes to an end
Unfortunately, World isn't ending soon, over here we are Already making plans for 3019 grin
Re: Mother Sells Baby For N600,000 To Buy Phone, Wrapper by damoobaba: 9:00pm On May 10, 2019
anonymuz:
this country dead and buried and I believe there might be problem soon if things continues like this. Revolution loading....

When things go bad, Nigerians complain but before you know it, everybody moves on like nothing happened. Look at the killings in the north for example,it was like heaven was going to fall at a time but nobody cares nowadays. For how long are we going to continue like this?
Re: Mother Sells Baby For N600,000 To Buy Phone, Wrapper by anonymuz(m): 11:51pm On May 10, 2019
damoobaba:

When things go bad, Nigerians complain but before you know it, everybody moves on like nothing happened. Look at the killings in the north for example,it was like heaven was going to fall at a time but nobody cares nowadays. For how long are we going to continue like this?
I don't know, until those gullible people starts reasoning the way we are, and I must tell you they the ones really facing the squares of it.
Re: Mother Sells Baby For N600,000 To Buy Phone, Wrapper by hardasan(f): 5:42am On May 11, 2019
gypsey:
Unfortunately, World isn't ending soon, over here we are Already making plans for 3019 grin

As my niece will say, All the best to you and the plans o
Re: Mother Sells Baby For N600,000 To Buy Phone, Wrapper by oonix(f): 11:05pm On May 11, 2019
hardasan:

Well, that's left for her to find out.
Come to think about it? What about parents who use their children for rituals?

What if the new couple gives the child privileges the birth mother could only dream of and the child gets saved from a life of poverty, hardship and molestation?

Not saying this is exactly what will happen but its a possibility right?
Yes it is possible. but we must condemn what she did. It was clearly premeditated, especially for one who already has 5 children.You'd know she had the baby with the evil intention of selling it off.
Re: Mother Sells Baby For N600,000 To Buy Phone, Wrapper by Boxer007(m): 12:42pm On Aug 10, 2019
Revolva:

Bros no game sure pls

Brother. Please can we shower together and discuss business?
Re: Mother Sells Baby For N600,000 To Buy Phone, Wrapper by Revolva(m): 7:12am On Aug 11, 2019
Boxer007:

Brother. Please can we shower together and discuss business?

U dis idiot again

Dats trolling me dose days which business we want discuss
Re: Mother Sells Baby For N600,000 To Buy Phone, Wrapper by Boxer007(m): 2:57pm On Aug 11, 2019
Revolva:

U dis idiot again

Dats trolling me dose days which business we want discuss

Sweet brother calm down sir. U act like u shy to get pregnant. Grow up please. What's wrong with grown men like us shower together? Grow up

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Suleiman Bello Murdered By A Motorcyclist In Kubwa, Abuja (photos) / Ramalan Yero And The Boy With Removed Eyes (Pics) / Nigerian Man Arrested In South Africa For Selling Drugs To Schoolchildren

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.