Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,457 members, 7,819,667 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

EFCC Arrests Naira Marley Over Yahoo Boy - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / EFCC Arrests Naira Marley Over Yahoo Boy (32323 Views)

Ada Ameh Slams Naira Marley Over His Sexual Fantasy (Video) / Police Arrest Naira Marley Over Abuja Concert / EFCC Parades Naira Marley, Zlatan Ibile, Ramanjago Over Yahoo Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Arrests Naira Marley Over Yahoo Boy by Naija4love(m): 8:57am On May 10, 2019

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested Nigerian musician, Naira Marley, real name Afeez Fashola.

The fast-rising singer is currently being questioned at the EFFC office in Lagos.

Although the reason behind his arrest is yet to be made public, it might be in connection with his statements on social media which glorifies internet fraudsters, popularly called Yahoo boys.

The EFCC spokesperson could not be reached early on Friday, but a top source at the agency confirmed the arrest to PREMIUM TIMES.

Perhaps coincidentally, Naira Marley released the official video of his hit track, ‘Am I A Yahoo Boy’ featuring Zlatan on Thursday

Naira Marley during a recent Instagram live session, urged Nigerians to pray for internet fraudsters (Yahoo boys) saying they are the reason money circulates to the common man.

He said: “All you guys, all the money in your pockets, all the money you spend, you think it’s the government that is making the money go round?”

The video has since stirred reactions from Nigerians who described Marley as a disgrace and bad example to young Nigerians.

However, a few Nigerians supported Marley, staying that Yahoo boys were the reason some Nigerians can eat and survive.

The singer is popular for his 2017 hit song titled ’It’s a goal.’

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/329282-breaking-efcc-arrests-nigerian-musician-naira-marley.html

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Naira Marley Over Yahoo Boy by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:59am On May 10, 2019
Efcc wan learn work from am. Everything is messed up in this country.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Naira Marley Over Yahoo Boy by Naija4love(m): 8:59am On May 10, 2019
Naija4love:

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested Nigerian musician, Naira Marley, real name Afeez Fashola.

The fast-rising singer is currently being questioned at the EFFC office in Lagos.

Although the reason behind his arrest is yet to be made public, it might be in connection with his statements on social media which glorifies internet fraudsters, popularly called Yahoo boys.

The EFCC spokesperson could not be reached early on Friday, but a top source at the agency confirmed the arrest to PREMIUM TIMES.

Perhaps coincidentally, Naira Marley released the official video of his hit track, ‘Am I A Yahoo Boy’ featuring Zlatan on Thursday

Naira Marley during a recent Instagram live session, urged Nigerians to pray for internet fraudsters (Yahoo boys) saying they are the reason money circulates to the common man.

He said: “All you guys, all the money in your pockets, all the money you spend, you think it’s the government that is making the money go round?”

The video has since stirred reactions from Nigerians who described Marley as a disgrace and bad example to young Nigerians.

However, a few Nigerians supported Marley, staying that Yahoo boys were the reason some Nigerians can eat and survive.

The singer is popular for his 2017 hit song titled ’It’s a goal.’

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/329282-breaking-efcc-arrests-nigerian-musician-naira-marley.html
Re: EFCC Arrests Naira Marley Over Yahoo Boy by Kingpee2(m): 9:10am On May 10, 2019
When they say have sense they won’t hear ,I knew it would get to this ,so painful that after saying EFCC o le mu mi,yet it happened ,my country is a place where anything can happen,Buhari and Tinubu will be like ,who is his father self?

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Naira Marley Over Yahoo Boy by Upton: 9:13am On May 10, 2019
Long overdue.

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Naira Marley Over Yahoo Boy by Upton: 9:13am On May 10, 2019
My guy said SARS cannot arrest him. He didn't know it was EFCC that was coming for himgrin

139 Likes 13 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Naira Marley Over Yahoo Boy by tsinzu: 9:15am On May 10, 2019
Not surprised, he is always glorifying yahoo boys. He should be thoroughly dealt with

108 Likes 13 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Naira Marley Over Yahoo Boy by Deepfeel(m): 9:15am On May 10, 2019
Lol he has a loud mouth, he should go explain himself grin

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Naira Marley Over Yahoo Boy by Deepfeel(m): 9:17am On May 10, 2019
Re: EFCC Arrests Naira Marley Over Yahoo Boy by TheTourist: 9:18am On May 10, 2019
WELL THIS GOES TO SAY - "THINK BEFORE YOU POST" smiley

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Naira Marley Over Yahoo Boy by KendrickAyomide: 9:21am On May 10, 2019
grin
Re: EFCC Arrests Naira Marley Over Yahoo Boy by Nobody: 9:22am On May 10, 2019
He must have felt invisible while saying those things.

And did he say Yahoo boys bring money into the economy? He must have had an 'F' in economics. How does government accounts for 'Gifts' in National income since what yahoo boys get is more like it?

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Naira Marley Over Yahoo Boy by Walking(m): 9:22am On May 10, 2019
I happy ehn..
The guy is just a nuisance.. Ranting on social media on what is not

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Naira Marley Over Yahoo Boy by Rapmoney(m): 9:22am On May 10, 2019
Egbami o!!!

I have discovered that most of these recent musicians in Nigeria do songs that promote immorality in the society. We hear all sort of useless expressions such as '36 million ina me ganja'...'I want to use my cassava to shift your womb, permit me'. I mean, these guys don't know what damage they are doing to the society!

Oh where are you? Raskimono, Mandators, Edna Ogoli, Essien Igbokwe, Isaac Black, Oris Wiliki, etc. These were the ones who used music to create a positive impact in the society.

Naira Marley or whatever you call yourself, una no dey try for the lives of our children, I swear.

66 Likes 9 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Naira Marley Over Yahoo Boy by Upton: 9:23am On May 10, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
He must have felt invisible while saying those things.
I tell you.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Naira Marley Over Yahoo Boy by AntiWailer: 9:23am On May 10, 2019
It is now the Gee Boys will know that EFCC craze pass SARS.

They are shouting and sponsoring #EndSars campaign.

I am telling u. EFCC are mad people.

Their own bribe na millions or you go to jail after mug shots and arraignment.

And let me tell una, Lawyers avoid EFCC like mad cos if they get a dirt on them , they are in trouble too.

The few that will defend u will bill u in millions also.

After this campaign, na #BringBackOurSars go follow.

97 Likes 10 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Naira Marley Over Yahoo Boy by 3rdavefarms(m): 9:23am On May 10, 2019
First good job Efcc

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Naira Marley Over Yahoo Boy by Chukwurah003: 9:23am On May 10, 2019
Thank God.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Naira Marley Over Yahoo Boy by scribble: 9:23am On May 10, 2019
good riddance to bad rubbish

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Naira Marley Over Yahoo Boy by bolaji73(m): 9:24am On May 10, 2019
Good development

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Naira Marley Over Yahoo Boy by GTFO(f): 9:24am On May 10, 2019
is he a Yahoo boy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Naira Marley Over Yahoo Boy by Rapsodee(m): 9:24am On May 10, 2019
Wow..at last, he was arrested
Re: EFCC Arrests Naira Marley Over Yahoo Boy by Nobody: 9:24am On May 10, 2019
grin

55 Likes 6 Shares

grin useless ugly ass mothefùcker

25 Likes 2 Shares

Let the man without sin be the first to cast the stone hypocrites.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Naira Marley Over Yahoo Boy by SALIMAN(m): 9:24am On May 10, 2019
Yahoo! Yahoo!
Re: EFCC Arrests Naira Marley Over Yahoo Boy by tkaofee: 9:24am On May 10, 2019
Boys go enter street soon. Continue with your illegal raiding

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Naira Marley Over Yahoo Boy by okeniti: 9:25am On May 10, 2019
MF DOOM - Rapp Snitch Knishes.
Re: EFCC Arrests Naira Marley Over Yahoo Boy by Nobody: 9:25am On May 10, 2019
Nice one.

These fraudsters having been giving our already battered image a bad name and that idíot is glorifying them in his music?

How did we end up with these lowlifes as our entertainers?

22 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CeeC Rocks Laced Up Fashion Pants - Photos / Beautiful Photo Of Sinach & Her Mum / Audu Maikori Collapses At Muson Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.