Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,446 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World (20523 Views)

Do The People In The City Of Wekan, Oman Truly Fast For 3 Hours In Ramadan? / Turkish Muslims Have Been Facing The Wrong Direction To Pray For Decades / Muslims In Iceland Fast For 22 Hours A Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World by obafemee80(m): 10:13am On May 10, 2019
[img]https://imagizer./img921/1010/FqEKMB.jpg[/img]

Ramadan is the holiest month of the year for Muslims around the world and it began today, May 6, 2019. During this month, adult Muslims who are healthy get up before daybreak for an early morning meal, suhoor. Then they proceed to fast until nightfall.

During the period of fasting, they are to abstain from eating, drinking, and all immoral acts.

In different cities across the world, the number of hours of fasting varies. According to Islamic Finder, a Muslim resource platform, in Oslo, Norway, Muslims have to fast for much longer than any other place on earth -- 19 hours and 20 minutes. In London, England, fasting lasts for just over 18 hours. In Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, fasting lasts for 13 hours and 8 minutes.

These times are determined by the length of daylight in those cities. Here's how long Muslims have to fast for Ramadan in different cities across the world.

Oslo, Norway -- 19.20 hours

London, England -- 18.18 hours

Paris, France -- 16.54 hours

Istanbul, Turkey -- 16.30 hours

New York, USA -- 16.04 hours

Lahore, Pakistan -- 15.21 hours

Mecca, Saudi Arabia -- 14.33 hours

Lagos, Nigeria -- 13.30 hours

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia -- 13.19 hours

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania -- 13.08 hours

Melbourne -- 11.29 hours

Credits: https://www.pulse.ng/bi/lifestyle/heres-how-long-muslims-have-to-fast-for-ramadan-across-the-world/yvfgvgf

8 Likes

Re: Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World by IMAliyu(m): 1:24pm On May 10, 2019
I feel for our brothers in the far north that have to fast for 16hours+
May Allah give them strength.

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:10am On May 13, 2019
Subhanallah! More rewards for them for their extended fasting time!

But lesser time for Tahajjud and sleep

May Allah grant us all our 'Ibaadah in manifold.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World by Empiree: 11:17pm On May 14, 2019
This 13hrs projected for New York was inaccurate. It is 16hrs if you stop eating at 4AM, bcuz adhan is called around 4:05 even though you may eat further for some mins afterwards.

Iftar is around 8:10PM. So you are looking around 16hrs of fasting in New York at the moment.

However, New York and nearby states will be shorter hours in 7yrs after this Ramadan. It is longer night in the winter and longer day in the summer.

Right now winter is going away but still fairly around. By next Ramadan, which will be sometimes in April, New York may be around 12hrs. Seven(7)yrs from now Ramadan falls exclusively in the winter which makes FASTING hrs around 8hrs, from approximately 6AM(Sahur) to 4PM(iftar). New York will enjoy that time very well. Fasting is very hard in summer yet they fast in the harsh, hot weather conditions with longer hrs.

***Modified***

Awe ti ngbo mi faah grin . I just realized op was right about New York's 16hrs of fasting time. I thought I saw 13hrs. My bad

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World by Nobody: 9:25am On May 17, 2019
Rashduct4luv:
Subhanallah! More rewards for them for their extended fasting time!

But lesser time for Tahajjud and sleep

May Allah grant us all our 'Ibaadah in manifold.

Hmmmm.... coupled with the fact that we don't have frequent rain like u do
Re: Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World by Nobody: 9:27am On May 17, 2019
Op are u very sure it's 13hrs + in Lagos?
Re: Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World by ntyce(m): 9:27am On May 17, 2019
May Almighty Allah accept our ibadahs

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World by madridguy(m): 9:33am On May 17, 2019
The long cold hours in Oslo/UK is even better compare to the severe heat in India and Pakistan.

May Allah make it easy for Ummah in general.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World by Afonja007: 9:38am On May 17, 2019
if muslims dont like norway they should go back to pakistan or somalia norway is for norway people angry angry angry angry angry

8 Likes

Re: Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World by 2extremes(m): 9:54am On May 17, 2019
I believe only those in NORWAY are fasting. Others are just on hunger strike
Re: Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World by Stalwert: 9:54am On May 17, 2019
madridguy:
The long cold hours in Oslo/UK is even better compare to the severe heat in India and Pakistan.

May Allah make it easy for Ummah in general.

Ameen ya rabi

1 Like

Re: Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World by TANID(m): 10:05am On May 17, 2019
IMAliyu:
Same As Well To 19Hours

1 Like

Re: Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World by TANID(m): 10:08am On May 17, 2019
Empiree:
This 13hrs projected for New York was inaccurate. It is 16hrs if you stop eating at 4AM, bcuz adhan is called around 4:05 even though you may eat further for some mins afterwards.

Iftar is around 8:10PM. So you are looking around 16hrs of fasting in New York at the moment.

However, New York and nearby states will be shorter hours in 7yrs after this Ramadan. It is longer night in the winter and longer day in the summer.

Right now winter is going away but still fairly around. By next Ramadan, which will be sometimes in April, New York may be around 12hrs. Seven(7)yrs from now Ramadan falls exclusively in the winter which makes FASTING hrs around 8hrs, from approximately 6AM(Sahur) to 4PM(iftar). New York will enjoy that time very well. Fasting is very hard in summer yet they fast in the harsh, hot weather conditions with longer hrs.

***Modified***

Awe ti ngbo mi faah grin . I just realized op was right about New York's 16hrs of fasting time. I thought I saw 13hrs. My bad
Awe Ti Ngbo O Lago Melo Walahi Norway Loye Ko Ti Gbawe Re grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World by Ozid(m): 10:18am On May 17, 2019
Afonja007:
if muslims dont like norway they should go back to pakistan or somalia norway is for norway people angry angry angry angry angry
What of Norwegians that are Muslims where should they go?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World by Nobody: 10:19am On May 17, 2019
Afonja007:

2 Likes

Re: Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World by salemdv(m): 10:20am On May 17, 2019
17 hours in China, Alhamdulilah still for witnessing the blessed of months RAMADAN KAREEM

2 Likes

Re: Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World by faliowino(m): 10:29am On May 17, 2019
4:13am---7:01pm here in abu dhabi

1 Like

Re: Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World by Predator1: 10:52am On May 17, 2019
In the 3 hours they are not fasting they will pray magrib, isha, tarahwir and subhi... I salute them

1 Like

Re: Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World by mamapidgin: 11:21am On May 17, 2019
Great
!!!

However let's pray for Muslims in China it is illegal to fast during the month of Ramadan

The Muslim world must not be silent on this

China

China hate Islam

7 Likes

Re: Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World by aksule(m): 11:35am On May 17, 2019
Religion is what we have taken upon ourselves as a way to reach the almighty God. Some religion is so stringent that one needs to ask whether Allah brought this upon his creation.
Even some human creations such as clothes suddenly has God's input on how to wear or use it either female or male. I am of the opinion that had it been aircraft was in existence then, may be Allah would have told us how to use it.
In some religion almost every human innovations have suddenly got God's approval on how to use it citing one holy book or the other. If we believe that even human creation has the almighty guide just as some of the Holy Books to a very large extent has human contributions then sincerely we have a long way to search for how to worship the almighty God which l believe is there.
People are either compelled to do this or not citing Allah for such laws. In years to come, you must just pray otherwise you will be arrested citing Allah's command.
The two strongest religion in our country are making fools of us citing God's law. How do you verify these almighty laws, of course when we are dead and the dead stayed dumb. Most of the religious leaders whom we are following refused to come back to earth after they are dead leaving us once again with you must follow attitude.
We need religion to keep us at least from horrendous ways of living. I am still trying to understand why the developed countries that paid little relevance to religion are far ahead of us that practically live in religion for our day to day activities. In fact, we need their innovations to properly carry out our religious obligations. There is Allah or God but the way we are going about it sounds human.
Every language you can think of has a name it called God. Then, before we are wiped into two or three religion, every tribe has its unique way of communicating to Allah and God in his infinite mercy answered such calls. I shudder to think what becomes of our forefathers who were not "enlightened". I should not worry, even the way we are presently worshipping God is slightly different from my childhood days in the same religion setting.

1 Like

Re: Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World by Jeilani244(m): 11:36am On May 17, 2019
cry
IMAliyu:

Ameen
Re: Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World by Afonja007: 11:54am On May 17, 2019
Ozid:
What of Norwegians that are Muslims where should they go?
you mean Norwegians by having Norwegian passport or you mean real Norwegian person?cus real Norwegian are not into Islam sh***t
Re: Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World by Shafiiimran99: 12:21pm On May 17, 2019
THE SALAT AND FASTING TIMES FOR THOSE WHO LIVE WHERE SUN DOESN'T SET DURING THE SUMMER
Those who live in a land where the sun does not set during the summer and the sun does not rise during the winter, or in a place where the day lasts for sixth months and the night lasts for six months for example, should offer the five daily prayers during each twenty-four hour period.

The prayer's time should be determined by the prayers time of the closest country/ies to them where the times of the five prayers are distinct from one another.

Also, they should work out the beginning and end of the month of Ramadaan, and the times to start and end the fast every day, and the time of dawn and sunset every day, in the closest country to them where night is distinct from day and the total of night and day is twenty-four hours, because of the hadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about the Dajjaal that we have quoted above, in which he told his companions how to work out the times of prayer.
There is no difference in this case between fasting and prayer. And Allaah is the Source of strength.
May Allaah send blessings and peace upon our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions. 

ISLAMQA.INFO

1 Like

Re: Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World by Ozid(m): 12:30pm On May 17, 2019
Afonja007:
you mean Norwegians by having Norwegian passport or you mean real Norwegian person?cus real Norwegian are not into Islam sh***t
Wow fantastic!! You sit in your comfort zone and presume that there are no Muslims of Norwegian decent. Man we have Muslims of Norwegian decent and guess what they're increasing in numbers as time goes by.

Insha Allah we will keep on spreading Salam (peace) throughout the world.

7 Likes

Re: Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World by Afonja007: 12:43pm On May 17, 2019
Ozid:
Wow fantastic!! You sit in your comfort zone and presume that there are no Muslims of Norwegian decent. Man we have Muslims of Norwegian decent and guess what they're increasing in numbers as time goes by.

Insha Allah we will keep on spreading Salam (peace) throughout the world.
i wanted you to say this that's why I asked you that question, so a Norwegian can convert to Islam still his people will not kill him Abi? So what happens to a person that leave Islam in countries like Saudi Arabia Yemen Pakistan afganistan Somalia tell me what will happen to that person?if am a president of any country I will ban Islam like Angola did,

1 Like

Re: Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World by Demmzy15(m): 1:24pm On May 17, 2019
Afonja007:
i wanted you to say this that's why I asked you that question, so a Norwegian can convert to Islam still his people will not kill him Abi? So what happens to a person that leave Islam in countries like Saudi Arabia Yemen Pakistan afganistan Somalia tell me what will happen to that person?if am a president of any country I will ban Islam like Angola did,
No one banned Islam in Angola and Norwegians are converting to Islam in droves. This is a sad news for you unfortunately!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can I Use Toothpaste While Fasting? / Hajj Miracle: Sudanese Woman Regains Vision After Years Of Blindness / The Arabic Origins Of Common Yoruba Words

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.