Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Ooni: Make deeper researches about Yoruba-Igbo family ties - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni: Make deeper researches about Yoruba-Igbo family ties (16652 Views)

What's The Oldest Tribe In Nigeria Between Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa / Why Do Edos/binis Have Yoruba & Igbo Looks / Ooni Reaffirms Igbo-yoruba Family Ties, Invites Olugbo For Clarification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni: Make deeper researches about Yoruba-Igbo family ties by Dareal90s(m): 10:21pm On May 10, 2019
FSU:

This is the funniest shytte I have ever seen on Nairaland. You are typing with China phone of 35 thousand Naira, while I am typing with a Lenovo thinkPad I bought for 1500 United States Dollars (=525,000 Naira).
See d dirty laptop sef, am sure u bought it 25k from Aba
Re: Ooni: Make deeper researches about Yoruba-Igbo family ties by sapientia(m): 10:39pm On May 10, 2019
APOSTLECHUMA:
THE SIMPLE BIBLE TRUTH IS THAT ALL HUMAN BEINGS REGARDLESS OF COLOUR,RACE ETC CAME THROUGH THESAME MOTHER THOUGH NOT THESAME FATHER. IN GEN 3-20, ADAM CALLED HIS WIFE'S NAME EVE BECAUSE SHE WAS THE MOTHER OF ALL THE LIVING BUT THERE WASNT A SINGLE PLACE ADAM WAS CALLED THE FATHER OF ALL THE LIVING. A DEEP LOOK INTO THIS HELPS US TO SEE THE ORIGINAL SIN IN EDEN HAVING SOMETHING TO DO WITH REPRODUCTION,THOUGH IT WAS REPORTED INFORM OF PARABLE. SEED IN THE BIBLE REPRESENTS PROSTERITY AND THE SERPENT OUT OF WHAT HE ATE WITH EVE,HAD A SEED,
BECAUSE GOD SAID "I WILL PUT ENEMITY BETWEEN THY SEED ( CHILD) AND THE SEED OF THE WOMAN" CAIN DIDNT APPEAR ANY WHERE IN THE BIBLE AS ADAM'S SON AND WHERE HE DID, HE WAS SAID TO BE OF THE EVIL ONE (THE DEVIL/SERPENT) IN 1JOHN 3-12. READ THE PARABLE OF WHEAT AND TARES IN MATTHW 13 AND YOU WILL SEE THIS. ALL
DESCENDANTS OF CAIN ARE SERPENT SEEDS, WHILE GOD BEGAN COUNTING ADAM'S SONS THROUGH SETH. GEN 6. WHEN SONS OF GOD BEGAN TO MARRY DAUGHTERS OF MEN (NOT DAUGHTERS OF GOD) MIXING BOTH BLOOD, GOD DESTROYED THE WORLD OF NOAH. SCIENTISTS KNOW THIS TRUTH MORE THAN THOSE CARRYING BIBLES. THEY HAVE TRIED IT THROUGH APE BUT IT DIDNT WORK AS THE ORIGINAL ANIMAL THAT DID WAS CURSED.THEY SAID THAT WE EVOLVED FROM THE APE AND THEY ARE RIGHT IN A WAY AS SOME ARE SERPENT SEEDS.

Are you OK?
Re: Ooni: Make deeper researches about Yoruba-Igbo family ties by macof(m): 10:45pm On May 10, 2019
LazyGold:
This is a result of the supremacy battle between Olugbo of Ugbo and Ooni of Ife, it is just politicaly motivated

Alaafin of Oyo said he believes Igbo came from Isreal and he disagree with Ooni of Ife

Aláàfin did not say he beliefs they came from Israel. He said they believe that of themselves and he wants to respect it

1 Like

Re: Ooni: Make deeper researches about Yoruba-Igbo family ties by seguun(m): 10:57pm On May 10, 2019
FSU:

The Oni was not even talking about quantity between Yoruba vs others. He was saying quite clearly ONLY the Yoruba produce it and I quote , which is WRONG. Do you get the difference?

Because you now plant it in Igboland doesn't mean it is native to your land. Many crops we plant in Nigeria today were not native to West Africa...i.e Maize, Pawpaw, Casava etc were all brought by the Portuguese.
Re: Ooni: Make deeper researches about Yoruba-Igbo family ties by popsy2(m): 11:02pm On May 10, 2019
Vitaprivita:
Wondering what to do this weekend? Confirm attendance to @vitaprivita10 for Saturday and you can meet the team to experience a demonstration of our erotic massage - www.vitaprivita.com.ng

Do you offer "anything goes" orgy massage parties ?
Re: Ooni: Make deeper researches about Yoruba-Igbo family ties by FSU: 11:05pm On May 10, 2019
Dareal90s:

See ur mumu self, am also typing with a Lenovo G750 which you cant buy from Nigeria. u wanna show? lets get it started. ill show u i can feed ur whole street for a good one month.

Look at this urchin. If you know who you are dealing with in real life you will just be bowing your head and shouting e'jo sir, e'jo sir, e'ma binu sir, to me. You need to feed yourself first before you can feed my cat, or dog, let alone me.

BTW, your laptop is not Lenovo, seeing as you sound and behave like an uneducated Ogbomosho village man cheesy cheesy.

And thanks for noticing my dirty laptop; too busy to even notice it. Anyways, I have just asked my Ogbomosho maid to clean it up. Did she do a god job?

Re: Ooni: Make deeper researches about Yoruba-Igbo family ties by FSU: 11:10pm On May 10, 2019
seguun:

Because you now plant it in Igboland doesn't mean it is native to your land. Many crops we plant in Nigeria today were not native to West Africa...i.e Maize, Pawpaw, Casava etc were all brought by the Portuguese.

Neither I nor the Oni was talking about origin of crop species. I doubt The Oni knows that subject. I admit, Yorubas grow more kolanut than Igbos. Ya''ll should just admit he was wrong in saying ONLY Yorubas grow kolanut. But Igbos spend more money on kolanuts than Yorubas. Without Igbos, your kolanut farmers will die of hunger. Case closed.

1 Like

Re: Ooni: Make deeper researches about Yoruba-Igbo family ties by biztip: 11:14pm On May 10, 2019
iammo:
cool

Everyone knows we are all cousins, Africans have similar root and origin, grin yoruba and Igbos have been co habitating for a long time now without any reported case of violence between us, except our continues Healthy competition in Wealth creation, education, entertainment and many more (which Yorubas dominates and leads by the way, and yeebos are beefing tongue lol)

its d other way round. ur people envy on Igbo's don't let them move on
Re: Ooni: Make deeper researches about Yoruba-Igbo family ties by seguun(m): 11:23pm On May 10, 2019
FSU:

The Oni was not even talking about origin of crop species. I doubt he knows that subject. I admit, Yorubas grow more kolanut than Igbos. Ya''ll should just admit he was wrong in saying ONLY Yorubas grow kolanut. But Igbos spend more money on kolanut than Yorubas. Case closed.

There is no way the Ooni would mean only Yorubaland plant Kolanut, we all know just about any plant can be planted anywhere in the world with the right technics...The Ooni was surely talking about the Origin of the crop but was only speaking in a somewhat classical manner.

The atmosphere wouldn't permit him to start delving into the detailed analysis of the Oriigin of Species. Every student of history would grab the Oonis's gist without any qualms
Re: Ooni: Make deeper researches about Yoruba-Igbo family ties by FSU: 11:30pm On May 10, 2019
seguun:

There is no way the Ooni would mean only Yorubaland plant Kolanut, we all know just about any plant can be planted anywhere in the world with the right technics...The Ooni was surely talking about the Origin of the crop but was only speaking in a somewhat classical manner.

The atmosphere wouldn't permit him to start delving into the detailed analysis of the Oriigin of Species. Every student of history would grab the Oonis's gist without any qualms

Kolanut (Cola acuminata/nitida) is not native to Yoruba. It is native to Tropical Africa extending from West Africa to Congo and East Africa.
Re: Ooni: Make deeper researches about Yoruba-Igbo family ties by Danwakae(m): 11:42pm On May 10, 2019
Dareal90s:

Educate urself, do u think he just opened his mouth to utter anything? He is an educated Oba in case u don't knw, make ur research well before attacking.

https://www.finelib.com/about/nigeria-cash-crops/kolanut-production-in-nigeria-and-its-cultivation-processes/146

You can also check other sites. Google is ur friend.

Bro, I lived in the south west states like Lagos, Ogun, EKITI, OSUN, ONDO , oyo, and even KWARA, I did not notice any colanut not until I went to Delta , warri, I saw many different types of colanut and how they r pack in a bunch , I was so happy and a guy who is from the East was even laffing at me that they have many in Imo state even my friend from oyo was seeing it for the first time, tho she grow up in ibadan, but latter when I went back to ektit and ondo I started identifying the trees easily which were not much like that in warri...In the north we have many of it , we grow goro for comercial purpose but few species when compare to that in the south.,...so I believe , The Oni could be making an adage by saying that but not literally true,
Re: Ooni: Make deeper researches about Yoruba-Igbo family ties by seguun(m): 11:47pm On May 10, 2019
FSU:

Kolanut (Cola acuminata/nitida) is not native to Yoruba. It is native to Tropical Africa extending from West Africa to Congo and East Africa.

Ask yourself how come historically traders from those West African regions all migrated to Yorubaland to purchase Kolanut?

Also it doesn't mean there would be no form of Kolanut speicie in those regions at all. Like we have a particular apple speicie in tropical Africa,but we all know the real deal when we talk of apple and where it originated from.
Re: Ooni: Make deeper researches about Yoruba-Igbo family ties by FSU: 11:53pm On May 10, 2019
seguun:

Ask yourself how come historically traders from those West African regions all migrated to Yorubaland to purchase Kolanut?

Also it doesn't mean there would be no form of Kolanut speicie in those regions at all. Like we have a particular apple speicie in tropical Africa,but we all know the real deal when we talk of apple and where it originated from.

They came because of production volume, not because of species origination. I am reading an article in which Kenyans came to Nigeria and saw Cola being used/celebrated massively by Nigerians (Igbos) and were so shocked that a plant that grows in the wild in their country has such commercial value in Nigeria. Did the kola growing wild in Kenya originate from Yorubaland? In fact, scientifically speaking there is no biogeographical or ecological explanation for a small space of land as Yoruba (actually not all Yorubaland, but mainly Ondo, Ekiti and Osun) to be the exclusive origin of a plant species. What is different between the ecology of Yorubaland vs that of Edoland, Igboland and Cameroon, etc, to warrant Cola species to originate exclusively in Yorubaland? Kola is native to Tropical Africa, especially West and Central Africa, which includes Yorubaland and Igboland.
Re: Ooni: Make deeper researches about Yoruba-Igbo family ties by Dareal90s(m): 7:07am On May 11, 2019
Danwakae:

Bro, I lived in the south west states like Lagos, Ogun, EKITI, OSUN, ONDO , oyo, and even KWARA, I did not notice any colanut not until I went to Delta , warri, I saw many different types of colanut and how they r pack in a bunch , I was so happy and a guy who is from the East was even laffing at me that they have many in Imo state even my friend from oyo was seeing it for the first time, tho she grow up in ibadan, but latter when I went back to ektit and ondo I started identifying the trees easily which were not much like that in warri...In the north we have many of it , we grow goro for comercial purpose but few species when compare to that in the south.,...so I believe , The Oni could be making an adage by saying that but not literally true,
U lived in d city in SW, likewise myself, move to d village nd see confirm Kolanuts, even at Ogijo close to use in Lagos here the trees I saw there ar uncountable. U nw want to view how huge it is go to Ogun state, I don't even need to mention other states.

Other regions might av started growing it now but am sure Oni isn't just bluffing. We all knw from d East they come down here to buy it till date.

1 Like

Re: Ooni: Make deeper researches about Yoruba-Igbo family ties by Dareal90s(m): 7:12am On May 11, 2019
FSU:

Look at this urchin. If you know who you are dealing with in real life you will just be bowing your head and shouting e'jo sir, e'jo sir, e'ma binu sir, to me. You need to feed yourself first before you can feed my cat, or dog, let alone me.

BTW, your laptop is not Lenovo, seeing as you sound and behave like an uneducated Ogbomosho village man cheesy cheesy.

And thanks for noticing my dirty laptop; too busy to even notice it. Anyways, I have just asked my Ogbomosho maid to clean it up. Did she do a god job?
Lol, I can see eye's paining u if u can't see lenovo there, meanwhile I don't boast with lenovo coz its China product am planning to upgrade soon, u ar d first village boi I'll see boast with lenovo online nd DAT useless 15k passport without travel.

I repeat it once again I'll feed u and ur village brothers for good 1 month.

Village boi, if u see me physical u won't shout ejor sir, u will run to hide, u wan die?
Re: Ooni: Make deeper researches about Yoruba-Igbo family ties by Dareal90s(m): 7:21am On May 11, 2019
FSU:

Lol, I can see eye's paining u if u can't see lenovo there, meanwhile I don't boast with lenovo coz its China product am planning to upgrade soon, u ar d first village boi I'll see boast with lenovo online nd DAT useless 15k passport without travel.

I repeat it once again I'll feed u and ur village brothers for good 1 month.

Village boi, if u see me physical u won't shout ejor sir, u will run to hide, u wan die?

We still feed ur flat headed brothers here in Ogbomosho ever since they came back from Cameroon though they mostly pay back with evil, but we see it as help for humanity. We r blessed nd helping their slack ass won't make us poor.
Re: Ooni: Make deeper researches about Yoruba-Igbo family ties by EagleNest(m): 7:24am On May 11, 2019
Let's move forward folks. United we stand and divided we fall. We can't build Nigeria of our dream with hatred and divisiveness in our heart. Geography, language, religion and cultures are all human creations and have put barriers to essence of humanity which is to love one another unreservedly. Let's move forward!
Re: Ooni: Make deeper researches about Yoruba-Igbo family ties by seguun(m): 8:20am On May 11, 2019
FSU:

They came because of production volume, not because of species origination. I am reading an article in which Kenyans came to Nigeria and saw Cola being used/celebrated massively by Nigerians (Igbos) and were so shocked that a plant that grows in the wild in their country has such commercial value in Nigeria. Did the kola growing wild in Kenya originate from Yorubaland? In fact, scientifically speaking there is no biogeographical or ecological explanation for a small space of land as Yoruba (actually not all Yorubaland, but mainly Ondo, Ekiti and Osun) to be the exclusive origin of a plant species. What is different between the ecology of Yorubaland vs that of Edoland, Igboland and Cameroon, etc, to warrant Cola species to originate exclusively in Yorubaland? Kola is native to Tropical Africa, especially West and Central Africa, which includes Yorubaland and Igboland.

My last post has already addressed your supposed points. So this epistle is unnecessary.

If you have the exact highly demanded specie of a crop naturally in your environment, does it make any sense to still migrate far to purchase it from another people? Nobody does that Mr Man!

Are you trying to say no regions have any exclusive plant or crop in Tropical West Africa? This is not restricted to plants alone, go and do a research on the endangered Apes specie only found in Cross River Nigeria. Nature is more complex than you see it. It will shock you that even in the same region, some areas have a particular native plants that you have to migrate from your own area to get. It doesn't mean if you bring those plants to your areas they won't grow though. In ancient and the medieval ages, 'issues' have not yet been fully settled... This is why some native doctors migrate even within their areas to get some plants they need.

I trust an average Igboman if you have what the Yorubas have in terms of Kolanut, you will also have many rich generations from Kolanut business like we have in Yorubaland.

Note:: The Ooni was speaking in context of West Africa. Therefore we are discussing West Africa, don't try to smuggle in East Africa please!

1 Like

Re: Ooni: Make deeper researches about Yoruba-Igbo family ties by Alamoo: 10:44am On May 11, 2019
hmm
Re: Ooni: Make deeper researches about Yoruba-Igbo family ties by Lovelyn451(f): 12:21pm On May 11, 2019
Follygunners:

Then, stay put in your savage jungle, abeg. angry

No one forced you savages to leave your savage jungle
there are igbos in the north and hausas in the east, we have disagreements though but none ever go through the kind of oppression ND intimidation those who visits ur region face...ur region is actually the Savage jungle of Nigeria, made up of bitter, poor and angry people
Re: Ooni: Make deeper researches about Yoruba-Igbo family ties by Follygunners: 4:18pm On May 11, 2019
Lovelyn451:
there are igbos in the north and hausas in the east, we have disagreements though but none ever go through the kind of oppression ND intimidation those who visits ur region face...ur region is actually the Savage jungle of Nigeria, made up of bitter, poor and angry people

Again and again... Nobody goes to the SE! It's jungle, savagery and Cannibalism out there hence, the reason y'all rushing out daily moving to Yoruba lands for civilization and better living. cool
Enough of the migration.. we don't want you guys at all! You pple and ur fvcked up culture/morals disgust Yoruba pple! angry
Re: Ooni: Make deeper researches about Yoruba-Igbo family ties by Lovelyn451(f): 4:35pm On May 11, 2019
Follygunners:

Again and again... Nobody goes to the SE! It's jungle, savagery and Cannibalism out there hence, the reason y'all rushing out daily moving to Yoruba lands for civilization and better living. cool
Enough of the migration.. we don't want you guys at all! You pple and ur bleeped up culture/morala disgust Yoruba pple! angry
angry people!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Controversial Rituals Still Practiced Today / Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material / Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.