Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,368 members, 7,812,054 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

Kate Ekechi Becomes First Black Female Mayor Of Enfield In UK - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kate Ekechi Becomes First Black Female Mayor Of Enfield In UK (38475 Views)

We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti / Joseph Chukwueke Elected Mayor Of Woodlynne In New Jersey (Photo) / Herman Mashaba: No Need To Apologise To Nigeria - Mayor Of Johannesburg Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kate Ekechi Becomes First Black Female Mayor Of Enfield In UK by blaqroy: 7:54pm On May 10, 2019
In my next life i will love to still remain Igbo but Nigeria system must be the best in whole world

3 Likes

Re: Kate Ekechi Becomes First Black Female Mayor Of Enfield In UK by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 10, 2019
aribisala0:
This is 2019 ,20 years after a Yoruba quietly did the same.

Chest beaters you are 20 years late
Since then there have been other Yoruba Mayorssssssssss

Mayors in Drug dealing, Health Insurance Fraud in the UK?

https://www.nairaland.com/25729/yoruba-movie-actress-wunmi-yetunde

3 Likes

Re: Kate Ekechi Becomes First Black Female Mayor Of Enfield In UK by ugo4u: 7:58pm On May 10, 2019
LazyGold:

Can the people of Anambra elect a Yoruba house of Assembly?
In 1952 a Fulani man Umaru Altine was elected as a governor in Enugu state, he won the elections by a wide margin.
The question should be would Yorubas travel to Anambra settle, contribute their quota in state building and contest? You can't be somewhere in Ogbomosho and want to win an election in the east.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kate Ekechi Becomes First Black Female Mayor Of Enfield In UK by LazyGold(m): 8:02pm On May 10, 2019
ugo4u:

In 1952 a Fulani man Umaru Altine was elected as a governor in Enugu state, he won the elections by a wide margin.
The question should be would Yorubas travel to Anambra settle, contribute their quota in state building and contest? You can't be somewhere in Ogbomosho and want to win an election in the east.

It is impossicant, you can't fool anyone

Re: Kate Ekechi Becomes First Black Female Mayor Of Enfield In UK by selemo: 8:07pm On May 10, 2019
0ppa:
If you believe that Igbo Amaka, lodge in here.
This is that part of the world where things work! White people are demigod. Can a yoruba man be a Governor in Anambra State? But a black woman is given a notable position in White man land.
Re: Kate Ekechi Becomes First Black Female Mayor Of Enfield In UK by PapaAdanna: 8:12pm On May 10, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Source?
U always portray low IQ like the one u advocate for

1 Like

Re: Kate Ekechi Becomes First Black Female Mayor Of Enfield In UK by aribisala0(m): 8:13pm On May 10, 2019
ugo4u:

How old is Enugu state.

Why do Eboes lie like children
Re: Kate Ekechi Becomes First Black Female Mayor Of Enfield In UK by Igbodicool(m): 8:13pm On May 10, 2019
ugo4u:

Is it your inferiority complex? abi is it your slaving? abegi swerve, this news don pepper you for body pass Cameron pepper.
Hahahahahahahahahaha
Ask him oooooo........?
Ndị ofe mmanụ ekwubeghi ihe ha hụrụ ebe ndị Igbo nọ.
Ọsọ ndị... Owe ndị...

1 Like

Re: Kate Ekechi Becomes First Black Female Mayor Of Enfield In UK by LazyGold(m): 8:13pm On May 10, 2019
BeautifulMind2:

That's the repercussions of being jealous and hateful over those striving for success, they are greatly losing

No one is jealous of you because there is nothing to be jealous about and we are greatly progressing, in fact you have not achieve what we have achieved this year

In Nigeria, Yoruba won best Pharmacist

In Nigeria, Yoruba won best Mathematician

In the World, Yoruba won best Invention

In Africa, Yoruba scientists won Grant funds

Yoruba won BBC Play-writing award too

A Yoruba novelist became the only finalist for International Women Prize, despite the fact that 3 Nigerians were nominated, she is the only Yoruba and the other 2 Nigerians were Igbo but she is the only one that became the finalist for the prize and she is the only African

Yoruba are progressing greatly
Re: Kate Ekechi Becomes First Black Female Mayor Of Enfield In UK by kernel01: 8:19pm On May 10, 2019
Yujin:

There's nothing like superior blood. Appreciate our sister's excellence and move on.

Hope if they commit crime, you won't remember they're Igbos, but Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Kate Ekechi Becomes First Black Female Mayor Of Enfield In UK by okwusdidi: 8:20pm On May 10, 2019
The sad truth is that the Yorubas on this forum have this false belief that it's only them that have the right to succeed, but unfortunately for them the Igbo have continued to dissapoint them.Which they find very annoying, as a result they try to run down any achievements made by an Igbo forgeting that they share a lot in common with Igbo. The igbo man is a black man like them,he is also a Nigerian and an African just like thenThe sad reality for them is that the Igbo would continue to dissapoint them in their very myopic thinking because they don't own the monopoly to succeed in Nigeria. Most annoying for them is that most of the Nigerians performing wonders so far are Igbos. The question they should be asking themselves is why am I always proud of others who are yorubas and have achieved, can't I make others proud of me aswell.

5 Likes

Re: Kate Ekechi Becomes First Black Female Mayor Of Enfield In UK by kernel01: 8:22pm On May 10, 2019
aribisala0:
Communicate . You are not communicating.

Stop posting lies, This is not the first black female mayor in the UK
That is my point what is yours

Your bitterness wouldn't let you comprehend. First Black female Mayor of Enfield in UK.

5 Likes

Re: Kate Ekechi Becomes First Black Female Mayor Of Enfield In UK by jidxin(m): 8:32pm On May 10, 2019
AuthorityXYZ:
Lol, I owe you no iota of apology!!!.
I'm not the people that declared Igbo race as one of the most intelligent races in the world.

Igbo race is a super-superior race, if you don't like it, jump and pass my comment.
reference to your claim pls
Re: Kate Ekechi Becomes First Black Female Mayor Of Enfield In UK by Burgerlomo: 8:35pm On May 10, 2019
Congratulations we are proud of your achievement cool
Re: Kate Ekechi Becomes First Black Female Mayor Of Enfield In UK by kernel01: 8:37pm On May 10, 2019
aribisala0:
Do not attempt to be an idiot

You people started with a lie.

Now that we have rumbled you you have changed the story that is good. I would not even have dignified your foolish intrusiveness but for the fact that I know this thread would be here in years and people would wonder what the fuss was all about.

You guys are such shameless liars . You have not an iota of shame

Someone came here claiming to have first female black mayor in the UK after being rumbled they edited it to Enfield. If it had started that way I would not be on the thread. So do not pretend or feign ignorance.

In typical Igbo style your folk came here to propagate a lie and were rumbled

It's not my fault if you can't read well. The caption had it. Nairaland is not owned by an Igbo man, how did the Igbos influence it.

3 Likes

Re: Kate Ekechi Becomes First Black Female Mayor Of Enfield In UK by aribisala0(m): 8:38pm On May 10, 2019
okwusdidi:
The sad truth is that the Yorubas on this forum have this false belief that it's only them that have the right to succeed, but unfortunately for them the Igbo have continued to dissapoint them.Which they find very annoying, as a result they try to run down any achievements made by an Igbo forgeting that they share a lot in common with Igbo. The igbo man is a black man like them,he is also a Nigerian and an African just like thenThe sad reality for them is that the Igbo would continue to dissapoint them in their very myopic thinking because they don't own the monopoly to succeed in Nigeria. Most annoying for them is that most of the Nigerians performing wonders so far are Igbos. The question they should be asking themselves is why am I always proud of others who are yorubas and have achieved, can't I make others proud of me aswell.
Do not be a victim. This is not success. Yorubas achieved this 20 years ago I only found out today. Your brothers started this thread with a headline of how it was the First black female mayor in the UK . A clear LIE.

It also is NO BIG DEAL. We are talking of a councillor who was selected by her fellow councillors to lead them. There is no general election to be mayor. This is not a job at the level of an MP e.g where Chuka Umunna another Eboe is.

In terms of pay, a Primary school Head is better paid. The pay is at the level of a senior nurse SO when a 70 year old woman achieves this yes she should be congratulated but do not make it out to be more than it is

When Yorubas achieved this as a female in 1999 and as males later I never heard. Those Nigerians who are professional in the UK would not go for this job because it is not a high paid job at the level of a lawyer,doctor etc so do not make out like it is a highly sought after role . It is NOT

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kate Ekechi Becomes First Black Female Mayor Of Enfield In UK by aribisala0(m): 8:40pm On May 10, 2019
kernel01:

It's not my fault if you can't read well. The caption had it. Nairaland is not owned by an Igbo man, how did the Igbos influence it.
Captions can be changed do not be daft

1 Like

Re: Kate Ekechi Becomes First Black Female Mayor Of Enfield In UK by aribisala0(m): 8:41pm On May 10, 2019
kernel01:

The caption of this thread WAS CHANGED

1 Like

Re: Kate Ekechi Becomes First Black Female Mayor Of Enfield In UK by samydo(m): 8:45pm On May 10, 2019
0ppa:
If you believe that Igbo Amaka, lodge in here.

I lodge in oo
Re: Kate Ekechi Becomes First Black Female Mayor Of Enfield In UK by kernel01: 8:53pm On May 10, 2019
aribisala0:

The caption of this thread WAS CHANGED

It's a lie. I challenge you to show any earlier quote without Enfield on it.

2 Likes

Re: Kate Ekechi Becomes First Black Female Mayor Of Enfield In UK by safarigirl(f): 8:55pm On May 10, 2019
Sunsets:
While I do not subscribe to 'superior blood' nonsense, why go this length unsuccessfully to discredit the post. It clearly says 'Enfield', not in UK. Rejoice with those who rejoice; bitterness kills.

Thank you for having sense.

This thread is littered with products of failed education who cannot comprehend basic English. They should all be ashamed of themselves.

Topic says first black female mayor of ENFIELD, and one fellow is here shouting, she wasn't the first black female mayor in the UK.

He and everyone who has liked and continued with his argument should all be ashamed of themselves.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kate Ekechi Becomes First Black Female Mayor Of Enfield In UK by mikaelzX(m): 9:20pm On May 10, 2019
AuthorityXYZ:
Ndi be anyi, Igbo Amakanu.

If you're proud of your Igbo superior blood, hit like.
lol
Re: Kate Ekechi Becomes First Black Female Mayor Of Enfield In UK by jimi4us: 9:21pm On May 10, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Source?
source choke you there

1 Like

Re: Kate Ekechi Becomes First Black Female Mayor Of Enfield In UK by Queenboy123(m): 9:32pm On May 10, 2019
Some people are now trying to be tribalistic
Re: Kate Ekechi Becomes First Black Female Mayor Of Enfield In UK by IkpuMmadu: 9:39pm On May 10, 2019
LazyGold:

The Best Mathematician in Nigeria right now is Yoruba

The Best Pharmacist in Nigeria right now is Yoruba

The best Student in the last WAEC in West Africa is Yoruba

Even Top Jambites, Yoruba was present

Empty Barrel make the Loudest Noise

Google Ezeilo theorem (global theory not Nigeria )
Google Chke Obi (Global not Nigeria)

I don't think Igbo is interested in that your Nigeria local contest they have the world as stage

Also Google Ethelbert Chukwu (Differential Equations, Control Theory, and Mathmatical Economics) these are international Igbo that have made their marks in maths not some local champions

You can go local and let them go international ....my Yoruba man

5 Likes

Re: Kate Ekechi Becomes First Black Female Mayor Of Enfield In UK by IkpuMmadu: 9:40pm On May 10, 2019
safarigirl:

Thank you for having sense.

This thrrad is littered with products of failed education who cannot comprehebd basic English. They should all be ashamed of themselves.

Topic says first black female mayor of ENFIELD, and one fellow is here shouting, she wasn't the first black female mayor in the UK.

He and everyone who has liked and continued with his argument should all be ashamed of themselves.

Don't you get it

Awọ"a Education was quantitative not qualitative

1 Like

Re: Kate Ekechi Becomes First Black Female Mayor Of Enfield In UK by IkpuMmadu: 9:41pm On May 10, 2019
okwusdidi:

Apart from being in same country what else do they have in common ?

1 Like

Re: Kate Ekechi Becomes First Black Female Mayor Of Enfield In UK by IkpuMmadu: 9:42pm On May 10, 2019
LazyGold:

No one is jealous of you because there is nothing to be jealous about and we are greatly progressing, in fact you have not achieve what we have achieved this year

In Nigeria, Yoruba won best Pharmacist

In Nigeria, Yoruba won best Mathematician

In the World, Yoruba won best Invention

In Africa, Yoruba scientists won Grant funds

Yoruba won BBC Play-writing award too

A Yoruba novelist became the only finalist for International Women Prize, despite the fact that 3 Nigerians were nominated, she is the only Yoruba and the other 2 Nigerians were Igbo but she is the only one that became the finalist for the prize and she is the only African

Yoruba are progressing greatly

Names and links

1 Like

Re: Kate Ekechi Becomes First Black Female Mayor Of Enfield In UK by IkpuMmadu: 9:45pm On May 10, 2019
LazyGold:

Can the people of Anambra elect a Yoruba house of Assembly?
when the Yoruba man runs a business and build a house in Anambra and pays tax for 10yrs just like Igbo in Lagos we can

You don't elect any idiọt to represent you

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Seyi Makinde Buys New Police Patrol Cars / I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah / Buhari Presented With His National ID Card (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.