Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,479 members, 7,954,862 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:03 AM

Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) (75747 Views)

Tears As 20-yr-old Cadet Officer Who Died In Hotel Pool In Abia Laid To Rest / Olamide Aka Wizzy Missing: UNIABUJA Student Missing For 4 Weeks / Uniabuja Student Points Gun At Female Lecturer(see Photos And Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by jhubril(m): 4:59am On May 11, 2019
I'm extremely sad
Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by Ndipe(m): 5:50am On May 11, 2019
Very tragic.
Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by TreasureJunky: 6:30am On May 11, 2019
What stops them from reporting to police, then police will carry out investigation.. Please don't talk like a baby

How would the hotel know his school? [/quote]
Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by MiddleSpot: 7:19am On May 11, 2019
darkelf:

As in, its a bewildering mentality. They'd rather poison their source of sustenance than see him/her suceed

cheesy
Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by MiddleSpot: 7:27am On May 11, 2019
Dami12345:

Funny enough this is true. A good lawyer can claim that they didnt know. That the boy was do a skiff or something.

What of the cctv footage. One said leave him let him die is motive to kill which is man slaughter punishable by 15years imprisonment.
Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by Trustee1: 8:20am On May 11, 2019
Gabrie300:
So this cute boy is Gone.

*Chai

*What a wicked world we live in
You're a guy right?
Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by Trustee1: 8:23am On May 11, 2019
RIP man. Don't swim if you can't. Eat, dance and Go home.
Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by chioma134: 8:23am On May 11, 2019
I know this boy's family personally. His mum is very godfearing and committed to the things of God. The heartbreak is unimaginable. May the Holy Spirit comfort the family.
Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by charlsecy(m): 8:34am On May 11, 2019
MiddleSpot:
What of the cctv footage. One said leave him let him die is motive to kill which is man slaughter punishable by 15years imprisonment.
Do you think a case of manslaughter could be successfully slammed against a bystander who chose not to help a dying person?
Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by MiddleSpot: 8:42am On May 11, 2019
charlsecy:
Do you think a case of manslaughter could be successfully slammed against a bystander who chose not to help a dying a person?

Yes. In this case its their words against them, don't tell anybody let's leave him to die. 2,they stole his wallet. A lawyer can establish a cast for even outright murder because they had intention to steal his possrssions after his demise which played out. So on the basis of intent and motive manslaughter charges can be slammed in fact I don't see them escaping it. Its murder. The lawyer could go far to suggest they organizer the whole event to make it happen. The law these days is very very strict which is why one's hands must be outright clean these days in dealings..
Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by Dami12345: 8:55am On May 11, 2019
MiddleSpot:

.most CCTV dont have audio.
Its oral evidence from one of the witnesses.
A good cross examination will destroy it.
Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by Firgemachar: 8:56am On May 11, 2019
darkelf:

These are some very valid points you made. I know a rich family friend of ours who never gave his kids as much as they needed. In fact, I feel I got more from my parents than he ever gave his kids. He preferred they cook their meals, etc. Now this man is stinkingly rich as in rich enough to build 2 duplexes in Lagos.

He only wanted to discipline them and it until worked. Also, I remember my mum strongly discouraging parties outside the school premises when I was an undergrad. Age also made me swear that I would never attempt to swim (I don't even know how to). She also got the contacts of all my friends and ensured she met them in person to pass her verdict. Now talk about a super, loving mum.

However, we cannot exculpate the green eyed jealousy and morbid envy displayed by the frenemies of the deceased. That was some sick shit they did bro. I have been trying to imagine the dead guys last thoughts before he died. How betrayed and disappointed he must have felt. Good Lord.......

Even if these guys are discharged and acquitted by the law, Karma is one unforgiving bitch and would serve them double when it hurts the most.

#So sad

I agree with you.

When a child that hasn't been trained to be shrewd has more than enough cash, he will most likely attract many 'frenemies'.

Too bad!
Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by MiddleSpot: 8:57am On May 11, 2019
Dami12345:

.most CCTV dont have audio.
Its oral evidence from one of the witnesses.
A good cross examination will destroy it.

Really. Some cctv have audio. In the absence the theft of his items proves a motive to kill my dear kiss
Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by Dami12345: 9:04am On May 11, 2019
MiddleSpot:

Really. Some cctv have audio. In the absence the theft of his items proves a motive to kill my dear kiss

This one didnt.
Lol so theft now means killing to you?
Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by MiddleSpot: 9:27am On May 11, 2019
Dami12345:

This one didnt.
Lol so theft now means killing to you?

Intent to kill. Sorry are you not following brother? Once there's a motive to kill, any action be it willing or unwilling advances the motive. If there's a theft, the theft is hinged on the motive to unwilling kill so as to steal after the death hence murder aka manslaughter. Please read intelligently.
Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by Nicedavo(m): 11:38am On May 11, 2019
The heart of men is evil, everyone needs to be careful the kind of friends we keep.
Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by Dami12345: 11:58am On May 11, 2019
MiddleSpot:

Intent to kill. Sorry are you not following brother? Once there's a motive to kill, any action be it willing or unwilling advances the motive. If there's a theft, the theft is hinged on the motive to unwilling kill so as to steal after the death hence murder aka manslaughter. Please read intelligently.

It would be hard to prove this in court.
Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by MiddleSpot: 12:01pm On May 11, 2019
Na so. When there's video evidence. Do you know not reorting a crime is a crime and can even be debated as an accessory in the entire events leading to the crime. Those boys are not coming home soon. If their your brothers just forget about them for like 15 years first
Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by MiddleSpot: 12:01pm On May 11, 2019
Na so. When there's video evidence. Do you know not reporting a crime is a crime and can even be debated as an accessory in the entire events leading to the crime. Those boys are not coming home soon. If their your brothers just forget about them for like 15 years first
Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by ebig21(m): 3:45pm On May 11, 2019
grandstar:

Thanks for this. What of the minor? What punishment may he face?

The minors will be charged for stealing, simple

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by ebig21(m): 3:50pm On May 11, 2019
Mustsucceed:

Was he standing there and watched her burn,did he rake away any form of identity on the body ?? These are enough to twist this as premeditated ,they can go on to even say they encouraged the boy t drink down enough alcohol like I said a good lawyer will put these boys away I also hope the father uses all resources to ensure these boys pay for it

He stood there and didn't do anything, the learned judge just said , though it's an unfortunate incident, the action of the police officer was wrong and immoral but it's not a crime, you can't force him to help the woman, he is an incompetent police officer but not a criminal.
Those boys are criminal not of murder but stealing, they cannot be charged for murder all are minors,
Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by Squirrel01: 4:06pm On May 11, 2019
It's a pity. RIP. though I have seen the worst in my own case with the so called friends, but the discrepancy between my own story with this one is, this is a matter of life and death, while mine is a matter of Reputation and character assassination. Lesson learnt.
Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by claycares: 8:03pm On May 11, 2019
MiddleSpot:

Yes. In this case its their words against them, don't tell anybody let's leave him to die. 2,they stole his wallet. A lawyer can establish a cast for even outright murder because they had intention to steal his possrssions after his demise which played out. So on the basis of intent and motive manslaughter charges can be slammed in fact I don't see them escaping it. Its murder. The lawyer could go far to suggest they organizer the whole event to make it happen. The law these days is very very strict which is why one's hands must be outright clean these days in dealings..

First, it's really unfortunate but it's a careless death. Why would you enter the pool if you can't swim Life of the gram! SMH May his soul rest in peace. My heart is with his family.

Any charge on murder or manslaughter will fail woefully based on the facts here and the CCTV footage.

There is always two elements in criminal conviction: mens rea and actus reus. In this case, the thought of killing and the actual overt act to kill. The deceased voluntarily entered the pool and drawn himself. Note that the video footage doesn't show that the boys carried out any overt act that led to his dead. So, even if they confessed they did want him dead, how would the prosecutor establish actus reus? Or is there a footage showing the other boys drown him? So, even if the boys confessed they drown him, they'd still need evidence to show actus reus. It's immoral to do what those boys did but morality is never law and there's no obligation under the law to help a dying person. Unless you set the action is motion then you'd be legally required to save the life of your victim or report the case.

Also, another point to be considered is the age of these boys. I think they're minors so it has to be juvenile court I guess or are they majors?

I think it's best the prosecutor just charge them for the lesser offences of stealing the deceased personal belongings.
Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by claycares: 8:07pm On May 11, 2019
Squirrel01:
It's a pity. RIP. though I have seen the worst in my own case with the so called friends, but the discrepancy between my own story with this one is, this is a matter of life and death, while mine is a matter of Reputation and character assassination. Lesson learnt.

I suffered same months ago from friends too.
Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by Squirrel01: 8:50pm On May 11, 2019
claycares:

I suffered same months ago from friends too.
That's the reason one needs to be careful. So many sheep in wolves clothing.
Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by MiddleSpot: 9:00pm On May 11, 2019
claycares:

First, it's really unfortunate but it's a careless death. Why would you enter the pool if you can't swim Life of the gram! SMH May his soul rest in peace. My heart is with his family.

Any charge on murder or manslaughter will fail woefully based on the facts here and the CCTV footage.

There is always two elements in criminal conviction: mens rea and actus reus. In this case, the thought of killing and the actual overt act to kill. The deceased voluntarily entered the pool and drawn himself. Note that the video footage doesn't show that the boys carried out any overt act that led to his dead. So, even if they confessed they did want him dead, how would the prosecutor establish actus reus? Or is there a footage showing the other boys drown him? So, even if the boys confessed they drown him, they'd still need evidence to show actus reus. It's immoral to do what those boys did but morality is never law and there's no obligation under the law to help a dying person. Unless you set the action is motion then you'd be legally required to save the life of your victim or report the case.

Also, another point to be considered is the age of these boys. In think they're minors so it has to be juvenile court I guess or are they majors?

I think it's best the prosecutor just charge them for the lesser offences of stealing the deceased personal belongings.

Na so. Go do your research.
Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 11, 2019
ebig21:

He stood there and didn't do anything, the learned judge just said , though it's an unfortunate incident, the action of the police officer was wrong and immoral but it's not a crime, you can't force him to help the woman, he is an incompetent police officer but not a criminal.
Those boys are criminal not of murder but stealing, they cannot be charged for murder all are minors,

Sir,follow up on this case,watch and learn that's all

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Woman Defrauds Victims Of N179m, Uses N139m For Sport Betting, N1m To Pay Tithe / Woman Cuts Her Husband's Lips For "Sending Money To His Lover". Graphic / Soldiers Beat A Muscular Guy In Lagos For Flexing His Muscles In Armless Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.