Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,780 members, 7,810,036 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

How Do You Cope With Nigeria's Epileptic Power Supply Issue As A Freelancer? - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do You Cope With Nigeria's Epileptic Power Supply Issue As A Freelancer? (18100 Views)

Remittances, Trade With Nigeria Seen Dropping As UK Economy Slows / How Do You Cope With This Much Charges From The Bank / Has An End Finally Come To Nigeria's Epileptic Power Supply? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Cope With Nigeria's Epileptic Power Supply Issue As A Freelancer? by Just2endowed2(m): 8:36pm On May 31, 2019
Get yourself a Romoss LT 20 20,000mah with digital display powerbanks
Re: How Do You Cope With Nigeria's Epileptic Power Supply Issue As A Freelancer? by kachiz(m): 12:03am On Jun 06, 2019
ConquerAll:
Well, power has always been a problem in my area cos the DISCO in my area is very well experience in dancing disco with our power. The only good side is that you're sure of at least six to eight hours of light daily unless there is a major breakdown.

Then, to how I solve my power problem as a web designer, I got one reliable laptop power bank that last from 12 - 15 hours on full charge. In fact, I'm using it now while typing this. The cycle has been to charge it while we have power and rely on it when power is out. That pretty much solves my power issue as regards powering my laptop.

It's been like two years plus since I got this power bank and it's still going strong. The funny part is that it's Nigerian made. I got from one guy like that in Lagos in 2016.

Hello bros,

How do I get in touch with the person you bought the power bank from?

Thanks.
Re: How Do You Cope With Nigeria's Epileptic Power Supply Issue As A Freelancer? by Nobody: 6:03am On Jun 06, 2019
kachiz:

Hello bros,

How do I get in touch with the person you bought the power bank from?

Thanks.
This is his website: https://ceeprotech.com/shop/

You will see his phone number and address there.
Re: How Do You Cope With Nigeria's Epileptic Power Supply Issue As A Freelancer? by kachiz(m): 10:31am On Jun 06, 2019
gensteejay:

This is his website: https://ceeprotech.com/shop/

You will see his phone number and address there.

Thanks
Re: How Do You Cope With Nigeria's Epileptic Power Supply Issue As A Freelancer? by odysey: 10:16am On Jun 10, 2019
czarina:
Where I currently live in Jos is close to a teaching hospital and as such light is relatively constant.

Before then though, it was crappy and still is sometimes, so what I did was get two INEC powerbanks, that didn't solve the problem as much as I expected. I later got a medium size Firman generator early this year.

How it works now is; I charge the powerbanks round the clock with Nepa light, then use on blackout or brown out days. When it runs out, I power the banks with the generator for 6hours while working as well.

That way. I'm never out of power.

Again, Jos has been good because I've been using 3k fuel for over 4months. I still have a full tank and some in the gallon.

Where did you get the inec power bank n how much is it?
Re: How Do You Cope With Nigeria's Epileptic Power Supply Issue As A Freelancer? by czarina(f): 10:21am On Jun 10, 2019
odysey:

Where did you get the inec power bank n how much is it?
It was built. The same INEC powerbank box.

I got the two for 45k.

There are sellers on Nairaland, make your own findings please. I can't recommend anyone

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With Nigeria's Epileptic Power Supply Issue As A Freelancer? by odysey: 2:08pm On Jun 10, 2019
czarina:
It was built. The same INEC powerbank box.

I got the two for 45k.

There are sellers on Nairaland, make your own findings please. I can't recommend anyone

Thanks, can you point me to who you bought from or you help me buy? I'll appreciate your help. Thanks in advance
Re: How Do You Cope With Nigeria's Epileptic Power Supply Issue As A Freelancer? by czarina(f): 2:20pm On Jun 10, 2019
odysey:

Thanks, can you point me to who you bought from or you help me buy? I'll appreciate your help. Thanks in advance
I can't help you do any of that.

If you read my first post, I had to get a generator to supplement it as they weren't what I expected at all. .

Do your findings yourself, you can use the search bar on Nairaland, there are some sellers on here. I can't recommend or help you buy.

Sorry

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With Nigeria's Epileptic Power Supply Issue As A Freelancer? by odysey: 3:09pm On Jun 10, 2019
ehix89:
A system with two 200ah batteries and 1.5kva inverter. With say 300w load could give you between 15-18hrs

2×200ah = 86k
1.4kva inverter = 46k
Installation cost = 5k

1x200ah = 43k
1kva inverter = 35k
Installation cost = 5k

Does it have DC output for changing laptops?
Re: How Do You Cope With Nigeria's Epileptic Power Supply Issue As A Freelancer? by odysey: 7:43pm On Jun 11, 2019
ChieduJoshua081:

Am starting in Edo state but will be moving very fast to cover up the south south then to the south east followed by the south west. That is in electricity anyway. E-commerce and the rest are starting at once in all parts. In Electricity, it will not be as fast. The government might want to stop us and all those sorts of obstacles.

The government won't stop you, the cabals might. What solution you offering?
Re: How Do You Cope With Nigeria's Epileptic Power Supply Issue As A Freelancer? by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 12, 2019
odysey:

The government won't stop you, the cabals might. What solution you offering?

08106203711. Shall we?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With Nigeria's Epileptic Power Supply Issue As A Freelancer? by Chidonc(m): 10:41am On Jun 12, 2019
makavele:

At the same time?

Printer about 35w
laptop = as much as 65w when charging
fan = as much as 50 watts for standing fans * 80 watts for ceiling fans ( non energy saving ones)
phone = 5 watts
tv = as much as 150 watts even 200watts ( for non energy saving ones)

So we will work with the worst case scenario; that is about 385 watts thereabout. If you want a more precise answer;
then you must know the exact wattage of each appliance to be powered and then add a 10% extra for headroom.

You need to get this load audit right => it's critical . else the whole installation will crumble and you will
start saying "renewable energy doesn't work"

So assuming our 385watts; the next step of the calculation is how long would the items be turned on . . .

the 2nd important part of the equation => duration

Assuming 10 hours only every day => that's 385 w x 10 hr = 3,850 Wh of usage per day; You will need 2 x 200 Ah batteries to supply that load

But since you cannot use a lead acid battery past 50% of it's capacity; else they die prematurely; it means you must get double => 4 batteries

If he wants to run them for only 5 hours; reduce the batteries by half of our original case study amount i.e. 2 battries in total

If he wants to run for 20 hours; multiply the amount by 2; 8 batteries in total

The inverter shouldn't be loaded past 70% of it's capacity; so a 1000 watts inverter would work in this case . If planning future expansion, get a bigger one.

Do this and have peace of mind . . anything short of this will only work for some months and fail terribly. Trust me!

oshey sir, I really learned from this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Cope With Nigeria's Epileptic Power Supply Issue As A Freelancer? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 22, 2019
acesoul:
Well..power is relatively stable in my house..as a backup I installed a small solar inverter solution (0.5kva and 80 watts panels) to power my laptop, fan and led light) all less than 60k..

hello good day.

Please sir, I need to know the name of the solar inverter you use, if possible the place you got it.
Re: How Do You Cope With Nigeria's Epileptic Power Supply Issue As A Freelancer? by kiekie1(m): 9:52pm On Aug 06, 2022
makavele:

At the same time?

Printer about 35w
laptop = as much as 65w when charging
fan = as much as 50 watts for standing fans * 80 watts for ceiling fans ( non energy saving ones)
phone = 5 watts
tv = as much as 150 watts even 200watts ( for non energy saving ones)

So we will work with the worst case scenario; that is about 385 watts thereabout. If you want a more precise answer;
then you must know the exact wattage of each appliance to be powered and then add a 10% extra for headroom.

You need to get this load audit right => it's critical . else the whole installation will crumble and you will
start saying "renewable energy doesn't work"

So assuming our 385watts; the next step of the calculation is how long would the items be turned on . . .

the 2nd important part of the equation => duration

Assuming 10 hours only every day => that's 385 w x 10 hr = 3,850 Wh of usage per day; You will need 2 x 200 Ah batteries to supply that load

But since you cannot use a lead acid battery past 50% of it's capacity; else they die prematurely; it means you must get double => 4 batteries

If he wants to run them for only 5 hours; reduce the batteries by half of our original case study amount i.e. 2 battries in total

If he wants to run for 20 hours; multiply the amount by 2; 8 batteries in total

The inverter shouldn't be loaded past 70% of it's capacity; so a 1000 watts inverter would work in this case . If planning future expansion, get a bigger one.

Do this and have peace of mind . . anything short of this will only work for some months and fail terribly. Trust me!

Hello, where have you been ?
Re: How Do You Cope With Nigeria's Epileptic Power Supply Issue As A Freelancer? by Warrior247: 7:28pm On Jan 25, 2023
Yemmyteespeed007:
I have 24hrs on my laptop.
I use solar n battery bank.
Battery Bank is your best bet.
your battery may be charged by phcn, gen, solar. (your choice)

you then need a converter to match your laptop
as the cheapest means.

you can start with 50k .

What is battery bank bro?
Re: How Do You Cope With Nigeria's Epileptic Power Supply Issue As A Freelancer? by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 3:21pm On Jan 26, 2023
Re: How Do You Cope With Nigeria's Epileptic Power Supply Issue As A Freelancer? by Warrior247: 5:15pm On Jan 28, 2023
Yemmyteespeed007:

as the cheapest means.

you can start with 50k .
Re: How Do You Cope With Nigeria's Epileptic Power Supply Issue As A Freelancer? by Warrior247: 5:15pm On Jan 28, 2023
Yemmyteespeed007:

as the cheapest means.

you can start with 50k .

Please you sent me a link before, but I can't find it again. Kindly resend..

Modified

I have seen the link after sending this message

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With Nigeria's Epileptic Power Supply Issue As A Freelancer? by innovativeglobal(m): 11:19pm On Feb 17, 2023
Are you tired of being chained to a desk, stuck in the same location all day, every day? As a freelancer, you know that the key to success is being able to work whenever, wherever. But what happens when the power goes out? You're left in the dark, unable to get your work done and meet your deadlines.

That's where an inverter comes in. Installing an inverter is the perfect solution for freelancers who need to stay connected no matter what. With an inverter, you can power your laptop, phone, and other devices during a blackout or in areas without electricity. This means that you can continue to work from your favorite café, your car, or even a remote location.

But that's not all. An inverter is also a cost-effective and eco-friendly solution. You won't have to rely on expensive backup power sources or contribute to the pollution caused by generators. With an inverter, you can use renewable energy sources like solar power to keep your devices running.

Plus, installing an inverter is incredibly easy. You don't need to be an electrician to set it up, and you can easily carry it with you wherever you go. With a compact and lightweight design, you can easily store it in your backpack or car trunk.

So what are you waiting for? Don't let power outages or lack of electricity hold you back. Install an inverter and take your freelancing career to the next level. With an inverter, you'll never miss a deadline or lose a client due to power problems again. Invest in an inverter today and enjoy the freedom and flexibility you deserve!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

** / 6 Things Successful Entrepreneurs Have In Common / Naira Hits Record Low Of N1,348.63 /$1 At The Official Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.