Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada (78108 Views)

Man Reveals Harsh Living Conditions Of Asylum Seekers In Portugal (video) / German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps / 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Kcuf: 8:11pm On May 11, 2019
you pple are just exaggerating this kidnapping thing to make ur point I don't know about other states like the north or south. I de VI n they're places in naija wey security sure die, agreed the country don jagajaga but make we talk true joor

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:11pm On May 11, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:
He should have stayed and sent his wife and kids to settle out there instead. . .

No need starting from scratch again, not when you've built a foundation here already.
So that one niga will be helping him shine his wives Toto over there abi?

U wicked sha

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by munas: 8:15pm On May 11, 2019
lastmessenger:
have you heard of gun violence in the western world?There are evil everywhere bro. Nothing will make me leave this country if I earn 1million monthly

lol...

Gun violence? How many has been shot today compared to the robberies without response from the police in Nigeria? What about kidnapping for ransom? What about accidents without rescue?

What is 1m per month?

You think its a big amount of money?

How many children do you have or intent to have?

Lol....when you make 1m per month,you will understand that you are still FAR AWAY from enjoying Nigeria

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by ffo(m): 8:17pm On May 11, 2019
lastmessenger:
have you heard of gun violence in the western world?There are evil everywhere bro. Nothing will make me leave this country if I earn 1million monthly
Can you compare the rate of kidnapping with that of gun violence in Canada?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by franchasng: 8:17pm On May 11, 2019
The only things that make me scared of Nigeria is insecurity; kidnapping, terrorism (suicide bombers cry), robbery, stupid Policemen....if security is guaranteed in Nigeria, i think Nigeria would have still remained the best place to live but with the rate of insecurity, mba cry

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Firstorderwizard(m): 8:18pm On May 11, 2019
lastmessenger:
Supper story. With that kind of money,you can live the best life ever,afford the best health care and give your children the best right here in Nigeria. The guy to me is very mayopic.
All he needs to do is to invest well or start up his own company.

This country is getting unconducive for the big boys. You have money but you can't enjoy it. Here in PH,my senior niggaz are jetting out.Ordinary night club na war,Fsars harassment, kidnappers/ cultists, efcc etc. Balling in Lome is even more preferable this days.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by pato1(m): 8:18pm On May 11, 2019
truthsayer009:
This story has too many faults.

Lets hear the faults na

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by hush15: 8:19pm On May 11, 2019
daddytime:
Hmmm

Mama Nigeria and mama Africa..as all your children don dey run away abandon you make you still try small calm down for some of us wey come back to you and the ones wey still remain..na beg I dey beg.

Na from far your children dey point you hand now dey tell even strangers say " see..na my mama be that..she dey very useless and senseless..." haba mana

E no good at all...make you still try for your children and package yourself well..

omo, na to join the guy o. if the rich is reasoning this way, what hope is for the poor man so and he is right in every sense. i still say it, nigerian government has done nothing for me but they collect even the little i have. i cant even get a goodnight sleep, where is the light to have that after struggling to provide everything for myself. After all the hustle, one nigga be come try to rob again.....

no chills men in this country we in. i havent given up technically speaking but i rather do my bit from the other side men...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by bigfrancis21: 8:20pm On May 11, 2019
ikewaterwater:
A Nigerian man took took to Twitter, to reveal why he dumped his million Naira paying job at a Multinational Company to relocate to Canada. 

According to the Nigerian man, after he dumped his million Naira paying job to relocate to Canada, the secretary he gave his resignation letter looked at him like a mad man and his wife was also against it. He however revealed that it was the best decision he made. 

Read his tweets below; 

https://unclesuru.com/2019/05/11/nigerian-man-reveals-why-he-dumped-his-million-paying-job-to-relocate-to-canada/

He just got to Canada and is still carried away by the beautiful environment. In about 2 to 3 years, the reality of what he has done will hit him straight on. At the end of the day, it's not about the amount of income you're making (in Dollars or Naira) or the beauty of the environment you find yourself in but instead the amount of your income you're able to keep after all expenses are taken care of. Just like other Canadians, he might end up living from paycheck to paycheck and paying the unending cycle of enormous bills. Welcome to Obodo Oyibo.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Immorttal: 8:20pm On May 11, 2019
Kcuf:
you pple are just exaggerating this kidnapping thing to make ur point I don't know about other states like the north or south. I de VI n they're places in naija wey security sure die, agreed the country don jagajaga but make we talk true joor
are you in their shoes? Its irrational to say that. Just last month two people were kidnapped in my street.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Charly68: 8:22pm On May 11, 2019
lastmessenger:
Supper story. With that kind of money,you can live the best life ever,afford the best health care and give your children the best right here in Nigeria. The guy to me is very mayopic.
Don't mind him ,playing second class citizen in another man's land & yet bragging . You can create your world in Naija and live well as much as you can afford it 247

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by pato1(m): 8:22pm On May 11, 2019
Kcuf:

Cause u dey VI means say u Go close eyes to reality abi...
Fire burn fire burn E nor burn you or your person no mean sa fire no burn...
Bokoharam displaced innocent citizens for North as E no reach VI for Lagos mean say E no happen abi....
Biko be open 2 the Plight of others not in ur shoe to live in VI

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Immorttal: 8:22pm On May 11, 2019
munas:

lol...

Gun violence? How many has been shot today compared to the robberies without response from the police in Nigeria? What about kidnapping for ransom? What about accidents without rescue?

What is 1m per month?

You think its a big amount of money?

How many children do you have or intent to have?

Lol....when you make 1m per month,you will understand that you are still FAR AWAY from enjoying Nigeria

gbam, my bills run more than 500k monthly sometimes,. The saying is true oo, big man big trouble.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by franchasng: 8:22pm On May 11, 2019
Kcuf:
The cost you pay to maintain that topnotch security can buy you a good house in US cry

They sell a plot of land in Banana Island, Ikoyi for NGN100,000,000 which is approximately $280,000....but do you know that $200,000 will buy you a more decent looking house in a secured area in Houston Texas

When you hear richest celebrities in USA bought a palace looking house with mini forest reserve, etc for $3million you will think its much...but in Nigeria....places like Banana Island, Queens street, and some highbrow areas in Abuja, $3million will only buy few empty plots with no trees or good environment, just empty desert.....

My dear, Nigeria is hell....anybody that has lived in Nigeria should not be scared of hell fire at all because he has been to one already angry angry

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by golddust6000(m): 8:23pm On May 11, 2019
pansophist:
As a Nigerian diasporean, I completely understand this man. My elder sister, 3 years older than me passed away over a year ago, due to health complications that could have been avoided with the right medical facilities. And money was not the problem, but structural deficiencies. If it was here in Europe, she will not only have lived, but healthcare would be world class and completely free.

With your money, you're scared of your life, kidnapping, buying your dream car and just enjoy the fruit of your labour. Regardless of your financial worth, structural problems such as security, healthcare, education, electricity etc, are all not something you can buy or bribe your way through. And if you love seeing the world, you'll apply for Visa to every single reasonable country outside ecowas.
health care free in Europe?? Where?
Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by codecyan(m): 8:23pm On May 11, 2019
Different strokes for different folks. Canada is cool but the winter no be here.
In Nigeria, all issues the author wrote can be addressed if he really has the sacks load of cash he making.
For example, he could have signed up for armed security (army/policemen), buy a bullet proof vehicle, live in a gated estate where you won't have funny looking guys as neighbors, there are insurance plans you can sign up with for medical evacuation overseas of you and your family. There is almost no first world country without an residency plan that cannot be bought with money Canada, US, UK and so on, there are also countries you can buy their passports legitimately. So he could have gotten an entrepreneur visa for he and his family. Ship they off to the country of his choice and still keep his job. Thereafter, take an extended leave and see how the country is...cos the grass is not always green on the other side particularly if you have a job that pays serious money.

Nigeria might be a shit hole but it is much bearable if you have loads to cash.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by profmallor: 8:26pm On May 11, 2019
May God help Nigeria, most middle class families would love to leave this country and with good reasons. My observation, lol, if you own a house in any estate in any major city in Nigeria, you probably dont need to leave, otherwise, in my opinion, if you can then you should.
Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by bigpicture001: 8:28pm On May 11, 2019
He is a very foolish man that is just fascinated by snow and fine environment....

Very rich persons in NIgeria has secured places where they live and there would b no security problem...lagos electricity has vastly improved...

Nigeria is a ground where you could grow money fastest..he simpky has a mentality of a paid job worker...he dies nit know that the whites has prigrammed their land tgat salary earners can ...NEVER be come very rich.......

I dont envy him...my guy that earns just 1.5 mill monthly has bought 3 lands ..has 15 enployees...visit the UK and US at will for holidays...nd live in a serene and posh environment in a GRA... ..

He has set up two very progressing firms ......

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:29pm On May 11, 2019
lastmessenger:
You can't spell myopic!
You are the short sighted one.
Nigeria is lawless, Canada has law.

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by golddust6000(m): 8:29pm On May 11, 2019
bigfrancis21:

He just got to Canada and is still carried away by the beautiful environment. In about 2 to 3 years, the reality of what he has done will hit him straight on. At the end of the day, it's not about the amount of income you're making (in Dollars or Naira) or the beauty of the environment you find yourself in but instead the amount of your income you're able to keep after all expenses are taken care of. Just like other Canadians, he might end up living from paycheck to paycheck and paying the unending cycle of enormous bills. Welcome to Obodo Oyibo.
they never see something, a lot of them here never cross airport o. I know how much I earn in germany and how much bills I pay, sometimes I wonder if I come this world to surfer, even though I schooled abroad

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 11, 2019
Vikky014:
Have u ever heard of kidnapping in Nigeriadont worry when u make ur own money just stay put

Who will Kidnap you when you don't flaunt your Wealth? If you earn 1M in Nigeria, you are good to go.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Vikky014(f): 8:29pm On May 11, 2019
lastmessenger:
I dont even know the adjective i will use and qualify u and the people dt liked your comment!so u think a million Naira a month in Nigeria without safety of you and ur loved ones means anythingImagine u living in constant fear of being kidnappd in ur own country and u r here tlking about gun violence

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by tessytessy(f): 8:30pm On May 11, 2019
No mind the guy.

When him and his wife quarrel and no elder to solve their issues him eye go red.

When you and your wife take turns to shovel snow from your compound your eyes go red. You just land with plenty money you dey here dey sing, Please go in peace and stop dissing the country on whose passport you even travelled with in the first place.
bigfrancis21:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by bamdexfarms(m): 8:30pm On May 11, 2019
lastmessenger:

Pray that you or any of your family members do not have a health crisis in the middle of the night, or a fire incident. Then you will realise that your large money will not guarantee prompt arrival of an ambulance or fire service. This country is a joke. Presently in Germany and sometimes I weep when I realise that the things considered as basic human rights here are privileges in Nigeria. If you can, get out fast for the sake of your unborn kids.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by AngelicBeing: 8:30pm On May 11, 2019
fecta:

I live abroad and if i had to choose again i will still relocate.

i wrote Jamb twice and got 255 and 267 respectively but still was not admitted, and one guy will get 120 and enter because of connection.

Schools are begging for you to come over here.

And If it was that easy to start a successful company , everyone will be able to get jobs, no one will spend a huge chunk of their life to get a degree just to start hawking it around looking for jobs.

the only Good thing about Living in Nigeria is that it is hard to forget the love you have for Nigerians , that is why most of us still come back to Nairaland to read the latest new, thats why we wept when Buhari won the election.

Nigerians are the best but Electricity, Health Care, Education, Security e.t.c cant be compared to the one abroad
Gbam

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 11, 2019
golddust6000:
health care free in Europe?? Where?

You pay 100 Euros or 90 for Public & Private health care in Germany, Every month, I don't know why people keep saying Health Care is free. If you live in Germany for a year, you would have paid 1200 Euros for Health Insurance, that's almost 500k.

Even in Europe, 100 Euros is a lot of money.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 11, 2019
Vikky014:
I dont even know the adjective i will use and qualify u and the people dt liked your comment!so u think a million Naira a month in Nigeria without safety of you and ur loved ones means anythingImagine u living in constant fear of being kidnappd in ur own country and u r here tlking about gun violence

1M Naira in one month without safety? Please where do you live. You people woth 80k salary will just be making noise.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Nobody: 8:37pm On May 11, 2019
bigpicture001:

He is a very foolish man that is just fascinated by snow and fine environment....

Very rich persons in NIgeria has secured places where they live and there would b no security problem...lagos electricity has vastly improved...

Nigeria is a ground where you could grow money fastest..he simpky has a mentality of a paid job worker...he dies nit know that the whites has prigrammed their land tgat salary earners can ...NEVER be come very rich.......

I dont envy him...my guy that earns just 1.5 mill monthly has bought 3 lands ..has 15 enployees...visit the UK and US at will for holidays...nd live in a serene and posh environment in a GRA... ..

He has set up two very progressing firms ......

Bro I tire oh, Working in Canada is good surely but not compared if you earn 1.5 in Nigeria. If I earn 1.5M, mehn I'm staying in Nigeria Biko!

1.5M is $4,167 US Dollars in a month, how many Americans/Canadians earn that please after Tax?

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by madridsta007(m): 8:39pm On May 11, 2019
elampiro:

Must you bring politics into everything? Nigeria has always been messed up

It has never been this bad post 1984 and of recent, post-1999. We can deceive ourselves how much we want but of course we know this is an obvious fact.

A fast depleting middle class leads to the eventual collapse of any nation. Again, this is a simple fact which we can pretend about if we want to. The facts and consequences from these facts stares in the face of Nigerians daily.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by madridsta007(m): 8:40pm On May 11, 2019
elampiro:

Must you bring politics into everything? Nigeria has always been messed up

It has never been this bad post-1984 and of recent, post-1999. We can deceive ourselves how much we want but of course we know this is an obvious fact.

A fast depleting middle class leads to the eventual collapse of any nation. Again, this is a simple fact which we can pretend about if we want to

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

The State Of Kano Airport As Dangote's Daughter Gets Married In Style (Photos) / Hanging Conductor Falls Off Speeding Danfo In Lagos (Photos) / Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.