Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,968 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Nigeria @50, What Are U Going To Celebrate About It? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria @50, What Are U Going To Celebrate About It? (816 Views)

There Is Nothing To Celebrate About Independence – Fayose / What Is Thr To Celebrate About Abiola? / Jonathan Slashes N16.4 Billion Nigeria @ 50 Celebrations Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria @50, What Are U Going To Celebrate About It? by orangemen: 3:52pm On Sep 22, 2010
looking at the age, size, qualities and quantities of our natural and human resources, i come to terms with the word FAILURE.

if at 50, we are yet to have working and effective institutions in place, then we need to re-examine our intentions.

by working and effective institutions, i mean organisations like police, judiciary, efcc, nafdac, inec and a host of other institutions here in nigeria.

looking back at some of these institutions, one can easily understand that they have never been active rather the individuals in their personal capacities have been.

i will refer you to such names and Dr. Mrs Dora who headed NAFDAC. under this woman, nafdac seemed to be very effective but to justify my position above, little or nothing have been made our of nafdac since the woman left the institution.

another good example in relation to my claim was the much talked about ribadu's efcc. the exit of ribadu from the institution made it clear that it was all about ribadu.

steady and stable developments can never take place with individuals decissions rather they must be based on having effective institutions in place that will have the backings of the constitution and not personal decissions.

well @ 50, nigeria is yet to know what it means to have a steady power supply.

@ 50, nigeria is yet to observe a safe atmospher in the name of security.

our roads are death traps with wonderful and terrible potholes @ 50.

@ 50, our universities are mere glorified secondary schools and have no recognition within the other african states talkless of the western world.

@ 50, our electorial systems are impossible movies and can never stand the taste of time.

@50, the self acclaimed giant of africa has got no national carrier - aircraft.

@50, societal assasinations have remained unsolved even with such personalities as bola ige

Nairalanders, i find it hard to believe that even as a failed state, huge sums of money have been mapped out for embezzlement in the face of all these hardships and low lives on the faces of the majority of the citizenry.

i ask, is there anything to celebrate on 1st october or since it is 50 yrs we are talking about, we need to celebrate even if it means celebrating our failures?

(1) (Reply)

Babanguida Advices Jonathan Over Abuja Bomb Blast / Delta Politicians Having A Field Day With Married Women. / Why Is It That Us Airplanes Crash Lands Easily This Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.