Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,068 members, 7,956,989 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:44 AM

Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer (18317 Views)

Man Changes His Surname To His Mother’s Name / Photo Of The Woman Who Gifted Her Husband A Coffin On Fathers' Day In Anambra / 'Children Should Bear The Name Of The Mother Not The Father' - Sugabelly Tweets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by nnaeyes6: 11:42am On May 12, 2019
Chai
Jesus son on David (not son of Mary that did not sleep around like this poster fool) have mercy on us.
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by Nobody: 11:43am On May 12, 2019
WilliamsDek:
what is so difficult in giving birth self!!! its only lazy girls that makes giving birth a death threat. Have sense its only a push, think about what men pass through everyday, some even get killed bec they want to hustle for the family.

Seun!!! u see what u have caused now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 12, 2019
SachaBastien:

It's not an attack but a fact, sugabelly is vile. There is no emotional blackmail either except you and your ilk of pro-matriarchy are not up to the task of running the world completely. You want the child your ovum and sperm of a man forms to bear your surname and yet you would not go to war to defend that child?
Women sit on their bums and ask for greater political representation. If women were so strong why not shut up, rise up, grab it and take it!
This brand of feminism is nothing but intellectual indolence, hubris laden and vileness filled foolishness.
If you want the child to bear your name based on the pangs of pregnancy and childbirth, you should scientifically generate your own sperm and babies without any input from a man.
U dont have a point either from the angle of ur point How can u say a woman can only have a right to give her own child her name only if she generates her own sperm.....mr sperm donor....Did u generate the egg u released the sperm on or the uterus both it sperm and the egg grew in??
Children have been bearing their father's name long time ago....And that's fine...And many children have been bearing the mothers name too..It's really no big deal...Some men inpregnate and clearly say they want nothing to do with the child, some women were raped by robbers, some women got sperm from sperm bank or neutral donors....
Be objective for once..The point might come from a useless slay queen...It doesn't make it less of a valid point...
The idea that a child should bear the father's name came from a long time when women were considered inconsequential, when women weren't even counted as part of the populace during census, where women were almost nothing but baby producing machine, they had no money, no inheritance, no say in public or even private matters...It's was an idea borne out of patriarchy and chauvinistic mindset..When only men had a say
While I feel it's part one of those things u allow remain the same cos it's been like that for a long time...Anyone willing to do otherwise isn't wrong either.. it's just a name....It's for identification...It's really no big deal....

1 Like

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by selemo: 12:33pm On May 12, 2019
LesbianBoy:
I have no problem with idiots like this and their opinions! What I have a problem is how they still want to be treated like queens like other humble and sensible girls who knows the right thing to do.

In fact if you are a man here and your wife has a hyphenated surname YOU ARE A MUGU! YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO REAL MEN! **Spits* angry
You must be a black monkey jihadist..

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by selemo: 12:34pm On May 12, 2019
Harrymig1:
The fastest way to end your marriage with a Blackman.
Because Black do not reason twice but once..
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by SachaBastien(m): 12:48pm On May 12, 2019
1StopRudeness:

U dont have a point either from the angle of ur point How can u say a woman can only have a right to give her own child her name only if she generates her own sperm.....mr sperm donor....Did u generate the egg u released the sperm on or the uterus both it sperm and the egg grew in??
Children have been bearing their father's name long time ago....And that's fine...And many children have been bearing the mothers name too..It's really no big deal...Some men inpregnate and clearly say they want nothing to do with the child, some women were raped by robbers, some women got sperm from sperm bank or neutral donors....
Be objective for once..The point might come from a useless slay queen...It doesn't make it less of a valid point...
The idea that a child should bear the father's name came from a long time when women were considered inconsequential, when women weren't even counted as part of the populace during census, where women were almost nothing but baby producing machine, they had no money, no inheritance, no say in public or even private matters...It's was an idea borne out of patriarchy and chauvinistic mindset..When only men had a say
While I feel it's part one of those things u allow remain the same cos it's been like that for a long time...Anyone willing to do otherwise isn't wrong either.. it's just a name....It's for identification...It's really no big deal....
If she wants the child to bear her name BASED on the pangs of pregnancy and childbirth. If you would read to understand and not read so you can say irrelevant things and make assertions, you wouldn't come across so dumb.
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by selemo: 12:54pm On May 12, 2019
Martinez39:
Stupid set of entitled women who feel they are entitled to every thing just because they have a vagina. Who forced you to give birth? Did anyone hold you at gun point to force pregnancy and child birth on you? When you were having sex, didn't you know what will come after? Why then should you be rewarded for doing something willingly?

Nonsense. undecided
Apart from the story of Adam and Eve in the book of Genesis in the old testament of the Holy Bible,written by the male hegemonists, it has been scientifically proven that man was formed from woman. Not the other way round. Since every baby in the first 7 weeks of pregnancy is female. A male child is formed if only the Y chromosomes exist otherwise all babies would have been girls. It was also discovered that the Y chromosomes which determine the male sex was formed from the female X chromosomes by mutation or evolution. The female clitoris formed the penis, while the labia and ovaries formed the scrotum and testes respectively at the 7th week of pregnancy.
However have you forgotten that the oldest human fossil remain was a lady called LUCY.
Men are just Women in another form.
So therefore every child should bear the name of his/her mother as surname not father.
Men should leave their parents to stick to their wives not the other way round as it is been practiced now.
Men hijack these rights from them because of their strength.

1 Like

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 12, 2019
SachaBastien:

If she wants the child to bear her name BASED on the pangs of pregnancy and childbirth. If you would read to understand and not read so you can say irrelevant things and make assertions, you wouldn't come across so dumb.

All I'm saying is irrelevant..??..And I'm dumb....?? Wow!
I know ur type..U can't hold a meaningful dialogue without insulting another party so far they dont see things exactly ur way.......But thats fine....I get the approach of insulting ...It's make it look like u are good at something better than the other person ...I won't come down to ur level of insulting just to make a point
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by paddyofboss(m): 2:23pm On May 12, 2019
Start with changing ur surname to your mum's
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by SachaBastien(m): 2:57pm On May 12, 2019
1StopRudeness:

All I'm saying is irrelevant..??..And I'm dumb....?? Wow!
I know ur type..U can't hold a meaningful dialogue without insulting another party so far they dont see things exactly ur way.......But thats fine....I get the approach of insulting ...It's make it look like u are good at something better than the other person ...I won't come down to ur level of insulting just to make a point
The only meaningful thing I can say to you right now is that you know nothing.
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 12, 2019
WilliamsDek:
what is so difficult in giving birth self!!! its only lazy girls that makes giving birth a death threat. Have sense its only a push, think about what men pass through everyday, some even get killed bec they want to hustle for the family.

Ah! Guy na you talk this kain thing. O boy, If to say I get thunder for house. I for just send am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by Martinez39(m): 3:02pm On May 12, 2019
selemo:
Apart from the story of Adam and Eve in the book of Genesis in the old testament of the Holy Bible,written by the male hegemonists, it has been scientifically proven that man was formed from woman. Not the other way round. Since every baby in the first 7 weeks of pregnancy is female. A male child is formed if only the Y chromosomes exist otherwise all babies would have been girls. It was also discovered that the Y chromosomes which determine the male sex was formed from the female X chromosomes by mutation or evolution. The female clitoris formed the penis, while the labia and ovaries formed the scrotum and testes respectively at the 7th week of pregnancy.
However have you forgotten that the oldest human fossil remain was a lady called LUCY.
Men are just Women in another form.
So therefore every child should bear the name of his/her mother as surname not father.
Men should leave their parents to stick to their wives not the other way round as it is been practiced now.
Men hijack these rights from them because of their strength.
The reason sugarbelly gave is different from this and it reeks of the entitlement mentality. Had she given this reason, she might have had a case.

1 Like

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by thaEMINENT(m): 3:27pm On May 12, 2019
The truth is bitter. Why are you pained??

QueenSekxy:

Now, repeat this to your mother.
Ajo nwa sad
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by Shitface(m): 8:20pm On May 13, 2019
Ryan03:
So forcing principles made by another man on your wife means you have a high self esteem? Hmmm, i'll pass

What principles exactly??

Why will your so called wife be answering another mans name when you are alive?? Or don't u realize your wife's surname is the name of another man?? And you want your kids to answer same too??

You simply shouldnt MARRY her.

She can only keep her name if she is a celebrity and her name is her brand. Even at that, your name should be added to her famous name

Nigga, go and think about yourself, if you do not see the bigger picture, its really unfortunate my man.
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by Ryan03(f): 8:36am On May 14, 2019
Shitface:

What principles exactly??

Why will your so called wife be answering another mans name when you are alive?? Or don't u realize your wife's surname is the name of another man?? And you want your kids to answer same too??

You simply shouldnt MARRY her.

She can only keep her name if she is a celebrity and her name is her brand. Even at that, your name should be added to her famous name

Nigga, go and think about yourself, if you do not see the bigger picture, its really unfortunate my man.
Its obvious you didnt read and understand my post, i said there is nothing wrong if she wants to add her surname to my name and i never said my kids will bear her fathers name. Re-read the post
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by booksrite(f): 5:46am On Jun 29, 2019
Ah! Guy na you talk this kain thing. O boy, If to say I get thunder for house. I for just send am.

undecided
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by Jewelbaby01(f): 8:52pm On Nov 15, 2019
Ryan03:
If my wife wishes to add her father's name to my name, i really Dont care, even if she Dont want to change her name after marriage, as long as it will not affect my home negatively then it shouldn't be a problem. Some things we take too serious are not really serious, for a couple that really loves each other, name seem very trival to cause issues
I love you, you have a spectacular reasoning. You know this African mentality is really getting the most of us, for heaven's sake we've gat too many things to worry about. Who cares what name anyone chooses to bear, paying one's bride price doesn't mean you've bought her personality or right to life. Yes, I bear my husband's name, but that doesn't mean I should condemn others who chose otherwise, everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion, lifestyle, and life in general. What rocks your boat might not be suitable for mine. We should learn to respect other people's views as regards life.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Architectural Design Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedroom Block Of Flat / Four Family Members, 7 Others Die Of Suspected Food Poisoning In Benue (Photos) / Housewife Offers N120,000 To Quit Marriage, Court Grants 50,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.