Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer (18114 Views)

Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s / Man Changes His Surname To His Mother’s Name / 'Children Should Bear The Name Of The Mother Not The Father' - Sugabelly Tweets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by WilliamsDek(m): 9:56pm On May 11, 2019
[quote author=damiloladuke post=78304963]A Nigerian writer Sugabelly has explained the reason why a child should take the woman’s surname, instead of the man’s.

In her opinion, she believes the pains of childbirth are enough for the the child to be named after the mother and not the father.

Read her post:

Everyone fights so much about women taking their husband’s name when the real issue is why should the child bear the father’s surname when women are the ones who face death to give birth, and the ones who do majority of all child care worldwide?

And it’s actually true. Every woman who gets pregnant knows or should know that there is a distinct chance of her not making it out of the labour room alive. That’s the reason why the first statement always made about a new birth is “Mother and child are both healthy” Women die.

One of her followers then wrote that he who proposes should get the name

She then responded saying proposal can never be equated with giving birth to a child and nurturing the child for a lifetime.

she replied:

Because proposing marriage is equal to giving birth and nurturing that life for a lifetime not to mention years of unpaid and unappreciated domestic labour
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by meobizy(f): 9:57pm On May 11, 2019
I don’t understand, if Nairalanders chased her out of this platform then why is her write up still gracing the front page?

1 Like

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by Smile4mee01: 10:03pm On May 11, 2019
The Birth rate in the USA and some other western countries is on the decline because women are different from what they used to be.

Well back to the topic. If this same woman was married to dangote she will be quick to ensure her kids are named after him to lock in their inheritance. Hypergamy is crazy.

Could education and freedom be responsible for women thinking these thoughts?

1 Like

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by Angrymode: 10:14pm On May 11, 2019
With all these many idiots forming feminists out there without even knowing the true definition of feminism, it's only a matter of time before an idiots ask such a question.
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by Gabson001(m): 10:33pm On May 11, 2019
Your shame is shaming me.. Chai..
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by Ohraykon: 10:35pm On May 11, 2019
MelaninGold:
I believe women should be allowed to name their babies and even their kids should bare a part of her maiden name. Women go through hell to bring forth children, any woman who has been to the labour room and back will tell you.

I am a new mom to a lovely little sweet princess, just birthed her yesterday after 3 days of labour.

Salute to all the moms out there. Now I have seen and felt what it is like. The thing get as eh be.

Ladies if you haven't been there,respect your mother, and men respect women.

My baby has been given a name from my tribe although her father is of a different tribe. She also bares a part of my maiden name.
whats so special in women giving birth na today why are u guys so selfish do u also know what men go thru. Learn to balance life see from all angles.
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by PisciMan: 10:38pm On May 11, 2019
grin grin grin

God knows how long I've been waiting for someone to come up with this ill logic...So much for being an intelligent Feminist.

Let sleeping dogs lie ok? If men begin asking for what should be our fundamental right, it will be a total chaos everywhere.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 11, 2019
MelaninGold:
I believe women should be allowed to name their babies and even their kids should bare a part of her maiden name. Women go through hell to bring forth children, any woman who has been to the labour room and back will tell you.

I am a new mom to a lovely little sweet princess, just birthed her yesterday after 3 days of labour.

Salute to all the moms out there. Now I have seen and felt what it is like. The thing get as eh be.

My baby has been given a name from my tribe although her father is of a different tribe. She also bares a part of my maiden name.

God bless your baby, she will grow and become a blessing to you.
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by LZAA: 10:44pm On May 11, 2019
Ya head is paining you o ye rape accuser

1 Like

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by Grupo(m): 10:44pm On May 11, 2019
MelaninGold:

Nobody should respect anybody because they gave birth to children. No one forced you to do it.

3 Likes

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by crackhaus: 10:45pm On May 11, 2019
If Sugabelly was trying to be smart, she ended up coming off as the opposite.

Her surname is her father's name, her father is a man who did not feel the pains of childbirth. Her intended point has been left shattered by her own shortsightedness.

Verdict: Sugabelly is not to be taken seriously, just another girl thinking with her emotions rather than her brain.

2 Likes

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by crackhaus: 10:47pm On May 11, 2019
MelaninGold:

Ladies if you haven't been there, respect your mother, and men respect your mother also.

1 Like

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by DissTroy(m): 10:57pm On May 11, 2019
cococandy:
Not one intelligent response to her comment. Only whining, personal attacks, emotional rants and blackmail. Not one single intelligent response in sight.

And who do we have here, ladies and gentlemen? It's the pseudo-feminist Cococandy whose parents sold her in the name of brideprice and whose husband's people haggled the final price they paid to buy her like a rottening paw paw at Oshodi Market. cheesy

You who go around throwing it in people's faces that your husband married you well? Meaning he paid well for you. ...Like a choice goat.

Scurry back from whence you came, you being with an eternal sore between your legs!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by Coolgent(m): 11:20pm On May 11, 2019
Wait a minute...
Is your mother bearing your grand mothers name?

Dumbass!
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by IFNOTGOD(m): 11:51pm On May 11, 2019
QueenSekxy:

Now, repeat this to your mother.
Ajo nwa sad

Just shows ur level of thinking
I doubt if u have a mother cos if u do, u wouldn't bring his mother into dis comment

Ode

To me I support gender equality such dat if a lady like u should slap a man dey should slap u back how about dat
Try get sense

2 Likes

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by Nobody: 12:44am On May 12, 2019
LesbianBoy:
I have no problem with idiots like this and their opinions! What I have a problem is how they still want to be treated like queens like other humble and sensible girls who knows the right thing to do.

In fact if you are a man here and your wife has a hyphenated surname YOU ARE A MUGU! YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO REAL MEN! **Spits* angry
dear ladies, if your husband's surname doesn't open doors for you, or is less influential than your fathers own and you didn't hyphenate it then you are a brainwashed fool and mugu
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by jojothaiv(m): 2:05am On May 12, 2019
lilmax:
have you guys noticed something? people like these do not talk about women asking guys out grin

women want to keep that privilege to themselves

they want every other thing to change,but this one? lie lie grin

if women don't give up this privilege they aren't ready for whatever crap this one wrote

and btw is this not the same babe that trend that year for being a hoe or something?
Na the babe be that o...
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by OyinO: 2:57am On May 12, 2019
A child nearing the mother's name is not a problem but the reasons given by this Sugarbelly woman are very dumb.
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by thunderbabs: 3:03am On May 12, 2019
Who injected pap into her brain? shocked
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by Mouthpis(m): 3:52am On May 12, 2019
DissTroy:

And who do we have here, ladies and gentlemen? It's the pseudo-feminist Cococandy whose parents sold her in the name of brideprice and whose husband's people haggled the final price they paid to buy her like a rottening paw paw at Oshodi Market. cheesy

You who go around throwing it in people's faces that your husband married you well? Meaning he paid well for you. ...Like a choice goat.

Scurry back from whence you came, you being with an eternal sore between your legs!

You are wicked! What?!!! grin grin grin

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by BABANGBALI: 3:56am On May 12, 2019
Rubbish talk
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by SachaBastien(m): 6:03am On May 12, 2019
cococandy:
Not one intelligent response to her comment. Only whining, personal attacks, emotional rants and blackmail. Not one single intelligent response in sight.

It's not an attack but a fact, sugabelly is vile. There is no emotional blackmail either except you and your ilk of pro-matriarchy are not up to the task of running the world completely. You want the child your ovum and sperm of a man forms to bear your surname and yet you would not go to war to defend that child?
Women sit on their bums and ask for greater political representation. If women were so strong why not shut up, rise up, grab it and take it!
This brand of feminism is nothing but intellectual indolence, hubris laden and vileness filled foolishness.
If you want the child to bear your name based on the pangs of pregnancy and childbirth, you should scientifically generate your own sperm and babies without any input from a man.

4 Likes

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by BlueAir: 6:52am On May 12, 2019
A child will always belong to the father. Helloo..... A Man's sperm is the child is it not? The mothers body is just a processing machine. The birth pain is little or no valid reason to claim any good right over the child
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by Shitface(m): 6:57am On May 12, 2019
Ryan03:
If my wife wishes to add her father's name to my name, i really Dont care, even if she Dont want to change her name after marriage, as long as it will not affect my home negatively then it shouldn't be a problem. Some things we take too serious are not really serious, for a couple that really loves each other, name seem very trival to cause issues

for your mind you have made sense now
you are a man with no self esteem and its all over your write up
bleeping beta male

3 Likes

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by omooajisnooni: 8:03am On May 12, 2019
Senseless talk from nonsense slay idiot!
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by Nobody: 8:04am On May 12, 2019
cococandy:

This is a Man vs Woman thread LOL, nothing good can come from this thread. Even yours. grin grin grin

My own na to siddon look with my popcorn as I no go Church na!

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by samguru(m): 9:00am On May 12, 2019
It is high time Government did something about crazy feminist before they move to next level of incurable madness.

Government should also fish out chronic feminist like this and annihilate them sharp sharp before they cause more havoc
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by dunsin125: 9:01am On May 12, 2019
Am just here to read and laugh, let's keep it going �
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by Ryan03(f): 9:53am On May 12, 2019
Shitface:

for your mind you have made sense now
you are a man with no self esteem and its all over your write up
bleeping beta male
So forcing principles made by another man on your wife means you have a high self esteem? Hmmm, i'll pass
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by Omoluabi16(m): 10:00am On May 12, 2019
wristbangle:
It seems everyday is now pregnant with useless slay queens.
time wasters bro. Don't waste time giving a thought to those dummies.
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by Ningi2020(m): 11:22am On May 12, 2019
QueenSekxy:

Now, repeat this to your mother.
Ajo nwa sad
His mom will not say something stupid like that, she is a responsible woman
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by Nobody: 11:35am On May 12, 2019
NoSidonLook:
Lmao grin grin grin

Sugarbelly...sounds like a name of a comedian grin grin grin

I wonder why African women feel they should have thesame voice like their European/American counterparts

Adele (musician) just got divorced to her husband
She earns the highest between them...so she had to split her £200m wealth in two for her ex

Those are the ones that when they talk about feminism or gender equality, people will listen

Not one black slay queen without sense that will divorce her husband and still be looking for ways to kill him grin grin

This sugarbelly should go and continue her Dubai porta potty...I heard that shit makes women high grin grin grin

PS: my maximum respect goes to all hard-working and loyal African women...from strength to strength you shall go...keep your head low and do your thing...y'all are the real amazons cool cool

Please enlighten me...What has the sugarbelly's opinion got to do with Adele's post divorce settlement?
So a woman can have an opinion about a socially engineered, patriarchy issue until she can measured up to her Western world female counterpart...

As regards post divorce settlements....No one joyfully splits their networth into two after divorce .....from tiger woods, to Micheal Jordan to Mike Tyson, and now Adele....its the court that makes forces them.
I dont know why u guys keep juxtaposing feminism and the payment Adele's ex got from the divorce.....She didn't pay him will fully....Once again, it's a court order..
Post divorce settlement is usually a payback, vindictive move from one spouse against the other that wants to leave when the other partner hasn't done anything to warrant separating from them. Adele is forming big girl now she has blown...And her husband is hitting her back cos even though he doesn't have any talent musically that contributed to the her music..he made some sacrifes in the marriage to get Adele to where she is today...And that's why he's getting the money

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do You Handle Household Chores? / Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? / Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.