Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

The Round About In Front Of UNEC Shows How We Think In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Round About In Front Of UNEC Shows How We Think In Nigeria (388 Views)

Nigeria’s Train To Nowhere Shows How Not To Build Public Transit - Bloomberg / Lady Share Video Of Round About"she Saw In Ogun / Polar Vortex: Breathtaking Photos Shows How Insanely Cold It Is In America Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Round About In Front Of UNEC Shows How We Think In Nigeria by pimper24: 8:15pm On May 11, 2019
The first time I drove into Enugu, I decided to visit a friend of mine at the University of Nigeria Enugu Campus. Right in front of the entrance Gate is a big round about which one does not notice until one passes the wall shielding if from the other part of the road. In fact its as if the round about is not part of the main road and forms another road into a separate street.

I drove straight into the gate as any other person new at the place would do, all the security men sprang up from where they were seated rushing to the front of my car and each person shouting on top of his voice, "go back" , "go back" . I was initially confused until a woman among them drew closer to ask if I was new in the city to which I nodded, already pulled up.
Yet the men insisted that I drove back to go and negotiate the bend in before driving into the campus Gate. It was so dramatic as I remained adamant, telling them there should have been a road sign at least. It took the intervention of same woman that approached me to calm them down while I drove into the campus.

It's just terrible the classified ignorance exhibited even in Nigeria 's ivory tower. One would argue that they are mere Gate men but professors pass this place without sensing that theres a need for a simple road sign reading 'give way to the left or right' as the case may be. The only sign you would see is just 'jump queue and pay fine'. And this place has been like this for years. I just conducted a secret survey and discovered that all new comers had at one time or the other faced similar embarrassment with some parting with some change to have their Peace and continue their journey. It's sad

(1) (Reply)

Please I Want To Travel To Canada For Work Permit What Are My Requirements / Amazing Cockpit View Of Landing At Greenland �� � / What's The Cost Of A Road Trip To Benin Republic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.