Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,595 members, 7,823,583 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

RCCG Sunday School Students Manual Lesson, Sunday 12th May 2019 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG Sunday School Students Manual Lesson, Sunday 12th May 2019 (303 Views)

RCCG House Fellowship Leaders Manual, Sunday 12th May, 2019 / May 2019 Holy Ghost Service / 21 Days Non-alcoholic Drinks Challenge. (14th April 2019 - 6th May 2019) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

RCCG Sunday School Students Manual Lesson, Sunday 12th May 2019 by femoint007(m): 7:52am On May 12, 2019
RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENT'S MANUAL
LESSON THIRTY-SEVEN
SUNDAY 12TH MAY 2019

TOPIC: GOD’S MASTER PIECE

*SUNDAY SCHOOL HYMN*

*1.* O Sunday School, on the Lord's day,
O how I love Thee well,
I am happy, it makes me glad
To rejoice at Thy birth.

*2.* O Sunday School, on the Lord's day, Thy friendship suits me well,
Both young and old will sing Thy song,
We long for Sunday School.

*3.* O Sunday School, on the Lord's day,
Christ was Thy first teacher,
The Holy Spirit, great teacher,
Does manifest in thee.

*4.* O Sunday School, on the Lord's day,
This testimony is sure,
That God, the Father Almighty,
Poured His blessing on Thee.

*5.* O Sunday School, on the Lord's day,
Though the sun be so bright,
Or if the clouds black with rain,
I'll be in Sunday School.

*6.* O Sunday School, on the Lord's day,
I rejoice to see Thee,
Will thou pass over me today?
Without my being blest?

MEMORY VERSE: ‘’Whereas thou hast been forsaken and hated, so that no man went through thee, I will make thee an eternal excellency, a joy of many generations.” - - Isaiah 60:15

BIBLE PASSAGE: Jeremiah 18:1-10

Jeremiah:18.1
The word which came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying:
Jeremiah:18.2
"Arise and go down to the potter's house, and there I will cause you to hear My words."
Jeremiah:18.3
Then I went down to the potter's house, and there he was, making something at the wheel.
Jeremiah:18.4
And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter; so he made it again into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to make.
Jeremiah:18.5
Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying:
Jeremiah:18.6
"O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter?" says the LORD. "Look, as the clay [is] in the potter's hand, so [are] you in My hand, O house of Israel!
Jeremiah:18.7
"The instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, to pull down, and to destroy [it,]
Jeremiah:18.8
"if that nation against whom I have spoken turns from its evil, I will relent of the disaster that I thought to bring upon it.
Jeremiah:18.9
"And the instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant [it,]
Jeremiah:18.10
"if it does evil in My sight so that it does not obey My voice, then I will relent concerning the good with which I said I would benefit it.

INTRODUCTION:
God’s original intention at creation was to make man a showpiece from ordinary dust (Genesis 1:26, 2:7). However, men fell short of God’s expectation (Romans 3:23). The mercy of God still prevails despite the cracks in our log of wood to make us fit into His showcase. Today, we shall examine some of God’s showpieces that got cracked and how the cracks were mended to make them masterpieces. God can do the same for you.

LESSON OUTLINES
1. God’s showpieces
2. Cracked but mendable

GOD’S SHOWPIECES

Every hardworking sculptor will want to display his showpiece. God also has his human showpieces. For instance, God boldly displayed Job before Satan as an outstanding sculpture (Job 1:cool. God boasted about Abraham’s integrity that the world must emulate (Genesis 18:19). God showcased Elijah at Mount Carmel. Baal’s prophets were destroyed and the nation turned to God (1Kings 18:21-40). Elijah was also exhibited on his way to Heaven (2Kings 2:11-12). Paul was conspicuously showcased as a chosen vessel (Acts 9:15-16). You too can make it to God’s showroom if only you surrender your life to Jesus – the Master Sculptor – who is able to save, sanctify and use you as a vessel unto honour.

CRACKED BUT MENDABLE

When any of the materials being used by a sculptor gets cracked, he has two options. One, he could work out a new carving so as not to waste all efforts and time already invested in it. Secondly, if all efforts to patch it prove abortive, he drops the wood for another e.g. Saul – (1Samuel 13:13-14); Eli – (1Samuel 3:11-14). Examples of ‘’logs of wood’’ that were showpieces but cracked and were mended until they ultimately became mighty carvings (masterpieces) abound in the Bible: David – (2Samuel 12:7-13); Peter – (Mark 14:66-72; John 21:3, 15-17), etc. Drop your backsliding and compromise. Stop betraying the Lord. Stop struggling with the Holy Spirit. In all areas, yield yourself completely to Him – (Acts 5:1-9). You can become God’s masterpiece.

CONCLUSION
God is still working on you. Allow Him

QUESTIONS

1. What is the difference between a masterpiece and a showpiece?

2. Give three examples of God’s showpieces.

3. What can you do in order to become God’s masterpiece?

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Interpretation Of The Dream Of When You See The River Flowing? / Pope Changes Translation Of A Line In The Lords Prayer / Touch Not My Prophet Is Still Sacrosanct, It Will Never Change, Man Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.