Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,907 members, 7,824,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

New Images Of Abakaliki Trends On Twitter - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Images Of Abakaliki Trends On Twitter (8218 Views)

Peter Chukwu, Bishop Of Abakaliki Diocese Rejects Umahi’s Award (Pictured) / The Beautiful City Of Abakaliki, Ebonyi State (pics/video) / Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Images Of Abakaliki Trends On Twitter by coolcentbigman(m): 12:19pm On May 12, 2019
07063637661:
A recent image of Abakaliki, the Ebonyi State capital surfaced online and got Twitter people talking. What do you think of Ebonyi State under the leadership of Engr. David Nweze Umahi?

Engr. David Nweze Umahi a wonder working Governor as his people call him due to foolishness, ask trader in the state what they are going through, as of his last tenure my brother paid 50k for tax and it's only in ebonyi state you paid direct tax.

My brother who is below 18yrs payed task also because the school and teachers were also taxed though some parents fought against it and many companies like Coca cola has left the state due to high taxation and direct tax, Investors are scared to come into the state to start-up their business and his people are suffering but he's busy building flyovers, snatching people's lands those who are in the state should know better even the building materials avenue was collected by him to build the new shopping moil and people's shops were destroyed.

Ebonyi people don't need all this fly overs he is building if his being honest, a good governor should know what the people what/needs and provide them. He wanted to borrow trillions of naira to construct ring road and some ebonyians in fed level fought against it and what he did is to go to the village and town to bring some indigenes to say they love is work and should be granted the loan which failed.

What i'm i saying in excess he has tried in educating the people(ebonyians) to know so things but roads are not only what makes a state developed but when the needs of the people are meant. The governor who has tried in that expect is Peter obi and others should learn from him.

1 Like

Re: New Images Of Abakaliki Trends On Twitter by EbukaHades10(m): 12:21pm On May 12, 2019
obiekunie1:

YOU MEAN THEY ARE HAILING THE GOVERNOR FOR CONSTRUCTING SOME FEW 15 TO 20 KM LOW QUALITY ROADS AND LIGHTING THEM UP FOR THE GLAM AND NO ONE NOTICED THAT IT IS ONLY THE ROADS THAT ARE LIGHTED WHILE THE REST OF THE SURROUNDING AREAS ARE IN TOTAL DARKNESS!

ARE THEY SAYING THAT THE PEOPLE LIVING IN THOSE VICINITY DON'T NEED ELECTRICITY??

MEN! WE NIGERIANS ARE SO DUMB AND GULLIBLE!

WITH THIS OUR MENTALITY BA? E GO HARD FOR THIS COUNTRY TO STEP OUT OF THIS LEVEL WE ARE!
This got me thinking

Re: New Images Of Abakaliki Trends On Twitter by Amanew(m): 12:47pm On May 12, 2019
obiekunie1:

YOU MEAN THEY ARE HAILING THE GOVERNOR FOR CONSTRUCTING SOME FEW 15 TO 20 KM LOW QUALITY ROADS AND LIGHTING THEM UP FOR THE GLAM AND NO ONE NOTICED THAT IT IS ONLY THE ROADS THAT ARE LIGHTED WHILE THE REST OF THE SURROUNDING AREAS ARE IN TOTAL DARKNESS!

ARE THEY SAYING THAT THE PEOPLE LIVING IN THOSE VICINITY DON'T NEED ELECTRICITY??

WITH THIS OUR MENTALITY BA? E GO HARD FOR THIS COUNTRY TO STEP OUT OF THIS LEVEL WE ARE!
Who told you that there is no Electricity in Abakaliki?
At least we do have 95% power supply as am typing this there is Light now!

1 Like

Re: New Images Of Abakaliki Trends On Twitter by superlightning: 1:12pm On May 12, 2019
Abia, IMO, Enugu, Anambara, all at one point in time or the other in the past, achieved some degree of infrastructural development in their states. The question is - were they maintained and upgraded? I hope Ebonyi maintains this good feat.

By the way, Abia (and IMO) are holding the fort in maintaining educational success.

https://punchng.com/imo-abia-osun-top-utme-jamb-blacklists-116-centres/

2 Likes

Re: New Images Of Abakaliki Trends On Twitter by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 12, 2019
I don't want to use your naive comment to judge the overall perception of Nairalanders to issues raised on this platform.

Engr. Dave Umahi, is known for his giant stride in quality infrastructure. The quality of his roads and structures had remained a standard even to federal ministry of works. He has networked roads across cities, town and villages of Ebonyi which earned him the title, road mister. Why the surrounding is not lit up in ONE of the pictures was because the image was taken at evening. Only the Transroute was lit up as at the time.

I personally think you need to work on your own mentality first.

obiekunie1:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Images Of Abakaliki Trends On Twitter by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 12, 2019
coolcentbigman:

Engr. David Nweze Umahi a wonder working Governor as his people call him due to foolishness, ask trader in the state what they are going through, as of his last tenure my brother paid 50k for tax and it's only in ebonyi state you paid direct tax.

My brother who is below 18yrs payed task also because the school and teachers were also taxed though some parents fought against it and many companies like Coca cola has left the state due to high taxation and direct tax, Investors are scared to come into the state to start-up their business and his people are suffering but he's busy building flyovers, snatching people's lands those who are in the state should know better even the building materials avenue was collected by him to build the new shopping moil and people's shops were destroyed.

Ebonyi people don't need all this fly overs he is building if his being honest, a good governor should know what the people what/needs and provide them. He wanted to borrow trillions of naira to construct ring road and some ebonyians in fed level fought against it and what he did is to go to the village and town to bring some indigenes to say they love is work and should be granted the loan which failed.

What i'm i saying in excess he has tried in educating the people(ebonyians) to know so things but roads are not only what makes a state developed but when the needs of the people are meant. The governor who has tried in that expect is Peter obi and others should learn from him.

LolzZzzzZzz

Ebonyi is in God's hand.....

So u don't like paying tax?

Secondly what do u mean by school children paying tax.?

1 Like

Re: New Images Of Abakaliki Trends On Twitter by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 12, 2019
Amanew:
Who told you that there is no Electricity in Abakaliki?
At least we do have 95% power supply as am typing this there is Light now!

Lolzzzzzzz
Re: New Images Of Abakaliki Trends On Twitter by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 12, 2019
superlightning:
Abia, IMO, Enugu all at one point in time or the other in the past, achieved some degree of infrastructural development in their states. The question is - were they maintained and upgraded? I hope Ebonyi maintains this good feat.

By the way, Abia (and IMO) are holding the fort in maintaining educational success.

https://punchng.com/imo-abia-osun-top-utme-jamb-blacklists-116-centres/
Re: New Images Of Abakaliki Trends On Twitter by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 12, 2019
The Agabaidu of roads,
The transformative transubstantiation of ebonyi courtesy of Akubaraoha is quite inexplicable. grin

More pictures,
Credit @MarkmurDrone.

1 Like

Re: New Images Of Abakaliki Trends On Twitter by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 12, 2019
Ogalagidi okpolu uzo (road master)

2 Likes

Re: New Images Of Abakaliki Trends On Twitter by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 12, 2019
Finally.

2 Likes

Re: New Images Of Abakaliki Trends On Twitter by duncun: 2:13pm On May 12, 2019

4 Likes

Re: New Images Of Abakaliki Trends On Twitter by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 12, 2019
duncun:
This evil tribe from the west has got a new trend of infiltrating igbo related threads with alternate names to cause discord. I expect you guys to decipher these comments and ignore them. Lazy sets of people.

If u call others evil, I wonder what u are.
Re: New Images Of Abakaliki Trends On Twitter by pluto123: 2:20pm On May 12, 2019
obiekunie1:

Thats A Street Light Buddy! U Dnt Expect The Governor To Put Street Light In Every Home,besides Power Fairlure Is A Nation Wide Problem,,do Us Gud And Upload The Ones U Have In Your State..Hater!!

2 Likes

Re: New Images Of Abakaliki Trends On Twitter by pluto123: 2:24pm On May 12, 2019
EvilMetahuman:
Ebonyi is the best state in the south east.

Unlike shithole anambra.
interms Of What Exactly? Lets Stop This Rubbish Every South East State Is Beautiful On Its Own Way,,thou Am Nt Anambra Bt I Dnt Jst Like What U Said.

1 Like

Re: New Images Of Abakaliki Trends On Twitter by VillagePipu: 3:17pm On May 12, 2019
I hope that animal in Abia called Ikpeazu and the kerosene-hungry fools who voted him in are seeing this.

God bless Ebonyi, God bless Engr. Dave Umahi, God bless Nigeria.
Re: New Images Of Abakaliki Trends On Twitter by ThePreachersSon: 4:03pm On May 12, 2019
The streetlights are on, but the people don't have light.

The Governor try Sha, saw him on TV the other night, he said ALL THE STREETLIGHTS IN THE STATE ARE POWERED BY ELECTRICITY GENERATORS. He's doing the best he can.
Re: New Images Of Abakaliki Trends On Twitter by goodnessme1(f): 5:12pm On May 12, 2019
pluto123:
interms Of What Exactly? Lets Stop This Rubbish Every South East State Is Beautiful On Its Own Way,,thou Am Nt Anambra Bt I Dnt Jst Like What U Said.
the person you quoted is an enemy of igbo.
Re: New Images Of Abakaliki Trends On Twitter by coolcentbigman(m): 8:01pm On May 12, 2019
Osagyefo98:

LolzZzzzZzz

Ebonyi is in God's hand.....

So u don't like paying tax?

Secondly what do u mean by school children paying tax.?

Funny enough rit That's true student were paying tax which was added by private schools paying tax to the government even teachers were not left out. Paying tax is very necessary for a state/country to grow/develop but Nigeria doesn't pay direct tax, imagine you set up a business with 100k and you're expected to paying direct tax of 30k every month by the government tell me!! what is left of your investment and that's my problem.

The company constructing this roads are owned by him why wouldn't he focus on infrastructures with all the tax he is receiving because all the money are coming back to his pocket with interest so why wouldn't he keep developing all the road.

I'm just ashamed for ebonyians saying that others governors should learn from him but now most of them has become victims of his leadership. We are still at rest because he hasn't fully resumed office wink wink wink
Re: New Images Of Abakaliki Trends On Twitter by pluto123: 8:10pm On May 12, 2019
goodnessme1:
the person you quoted is an enemy of igbo.
Ok Now I Undstnd..
Re: New Images Of Abakaliki Trends On Twitter by Nobody: 8:36pm On May 12, 2019
coolcentbigman:

Funny enough rit That's true student were paying tax which was added by private schools paying tax to the government even teachers were not left out. Paying tax is very necessary for a state/country to grow/develop but Nigeria doesn't pay direct tax, imagine you set up a business with 100k and you're expected to paying direct tax of 30k every month by the government tell me!! what is left of your investment and that's my problem.

The company constructing this roads are owned by him why wouldn't he focus on infrastructures with all the tax he is receiving because all the money are coming back to his pocket with interest so why wouldn't he keep developing all the road.

I'm just ashamed for ebonyians saying that others governors should learn from him but now most of them has become victims of his leadership. We are still at rest because he hasn't fully resumed office wink wink wink

Samething Rochas did@bolded...

Ebonyians said he is working and I think so....maybe trying to beat other states I think...

U not from ebonyi?
Re: New Images Of Abakaliki Trends On Twitter by Rossikk(m): 9:14pm On May 12, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Wonderful but in ekiti state currently they are having kindred meeting with their children from abroad.

Photo credit.

funny guy
Re: New Images Of Abakaliki Trends On Twitter by Ohaozara: 10:03pm On May 12, 2019
obiekunie1:

YESOOOOOO! We're hailing the man for his good works. These pictures are recent pics from my own community, EZEOKECHIMA ( Ugwulangwu). In fact we love these kind of low quality works!!

Re: New Images Of Abakaliki Trends On Twitter by Ohaozara: 10:09pm On May 12, 2019
Ohaozara:
YESOOOOOO! We're hailing the man for his good works. These pictures are recent pics from my own community, EZEOKECHIMA ( Ugwulangwu). In fact we love these kind of low quality works!!

Re: New Images Of Abakaliki Trends On Twitter by Ohaozara: 10:10pm On May 12, 2019
[quote author=Ohaozara post=78339721][/quote]

Re: New Images Of Abakaliki Trends On Twitter by ikennamadu1(m): 10:19pm On May 12, 2019
obiekunie1:

DID YOU JUST CALL ANAMBRA SHITHOLE??

OGA LET ME EDUCATE YOU.

ANAMBRA IS THE ONLY HABITABLE STATE IN THE WHOLE OF NIGERIA - PLS FEEL FREE TO AGUE WITH YOUR KEYBOARD.

Common shut up your smelling mouth... Who are you to question a performing governor.. You think it's that your stupid governor Rochas
Re: New Images Of Abakaliki Trends On Twitter by duncun: 11:28pm On May 12, 2019

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Claims These Pictures Are Photoshop. You Decide. / Kogi West Citizens Demand Fixing Of Kabba-Egbe-Ilorin Road / APGA Issues Ike Okorafor Certificate Of Return For Arochukwu State Constituency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.