Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,285 members, 7,815,480 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

What Is The Difference Between Sin Unto Death And Sin Not Unto Death - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Difference Between Sin Unto Death And Sin Not Unto Death (392 Views)

Sin Not Unto Death Explained - Emoji Devotions / What is the difference between sin , iniquity and transgression? / Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between Sin Unto Death And Sin Not Unto Death by josephni12: 11:00am On May 12, 2019
I've been trying to find out the difference between sin unto death and Sin not Unto death. Those I've asked haven't been able to give me an answer, Can someone help me out?
1 John 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
1 John 5:17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.
Happy Sunday All.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Sin Unto Death And Sin Not Unto Death by Kobojunkie: 6:21am On May 27, 2021
josephni12:
I've been trying to find out the difference between sin unto death and Sin not Unto death. Those I've asked haven't been able to give me an answer, Can someone help me out?
1 John 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
Happy Sunday All.
Blasphemy against the Spirit of God is an example of a sin that leads to eternal Death..it is unforgivable and we know instesd that we thrive on God's forgiveness to make it through this life. undecided

Other sins you commit, you are able to ask forgiveness for. undecided
Re: What Is The Difference Between Sin Unto Death And Sin Not Unto Death by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:44am On May 27, 2021
Humans were created with the instinct to explore our domain {Genesis 2:16} but there's limitation to such freedom {Genesis 2:17} if a person wants to remain God's friend he must stick to those he knew God accepted their worship and learn from such persons! Genesis 4:6-7
Most people feel God shouldn't have a choice in the way worships are performed whereas the Creator knows what will result from forms of worship that's not based on the truth. John 8:41-44
So if anyone knows those practicing pure worship and seeing the benefits that can't be found anywhere else yet he chose to speak against such form of worship due to his own hobbies and likeness then he/she is sinning against God's Holy Spirit {Matthew 12:31-32} such a person is annoying the SPIRIT of God {Ephesians 4:30} because imperfect humans can never come together for worship and produce the FRUIT of God's Holy Spirit without God's backing {Matthew 7:16-18} therefore whoever chooses to speak against an organized people whose form of worship is producing this qualities: LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITH, MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL {Galatians 5:22-23} is already on the path of destruction {Matthew 7:13-14} note Paul's closing remarks regarding the fruit of God's Holy Spirit
"against such (group of people producing this qualities) THERE IS NO LAW" smiley

josephni12:
Happy Sunday All.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Sin Unto Death And Sin Not Unto Death by Kobojunkie: 7:51pm On Nov 21, 2023
josephni12:
Happy Sunday All.
The sin unto eternal death aka Eternal Damnation aka the Second Death spoken of by John in this context is the sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.
13 I write this letter to you who believe in the Son of God. I write so that you will know that you have eternal life now.
14 We can come to God with no doubts. This means that when we ask God for things (and those things agree with what God wants for us), God cares about what we say.
15 He listens to us every time we ask him. So we know that he gives us whatever we ask from him.
16 Suppose you see your fellow believer sinning (sin that does not lead to eternal death). You should pray for them. Then God will give them life. I am talking about people whose sin does not lead to eternal death. There is sin that leads to death. I don’t mean that you should pray about that kind of sin.
17 Doing wrong is always sin. But there is sin that does not lead to eternal death.
18 We know that those who have been made God’s children do not continue to sin. The Son of God keeps them safe. The Evil One cannot hurt them.
[b]19
We know that we belong to God, but the Evil One controls the whole world.
20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding. So now we can know the one who is true, and we live in that true God. We are in his Son, Jesus Christ. He is the true God, and he is eternal life.
21 So, dear children, keep yourselves away from false gods. - 1 John 5 vs 13 - 21
On the other hand, sin that is not onto death, as John explained above, there is the hope of forgiveness. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Tb Joshua Healed Footballer's Injury / COZA: ‘Stand By Your Pastor’ – Prophet Abiara Advises Church Members / Why Do Most Atheist Seem Bitter,angry And Very Insultive.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.