Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,782 members, 7,824,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

What Do I Say My Nationality Is? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Do I Say My Nationality Is? (8682 Views)

What Is Your Nationality? / I Want To Change My Nationality / Dual Nationality Nigeria/uk Passport? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do I Say My Nationality Is? by pslm23(f): 8:20pm On Sep 22, 2010
I'm about to complete the application for an epassport and one of the questions is Nationality. I became a US citizen a few months ago and I'm assuming I am a Dual CItizen of both countries. What should I put there as my answer?

thxs

p.s can't i just mail the form and other information requested like i did when i wanted to re-new my old passport and just pay to have it mailed back to me? I believe the Atlanta office mailed my passport back to me
Re: What Do I Say My Nationality Is? by justwise(m): 8:28pm On Sep 22, 2010
pslm23:

I'm about to complete the application for an epassport and one of the questions is Nationality. I became a US citizen a few months ago and I'm assuming I am a Dual CItizen of both countries. What should I put there as my answer?

thxs

p.s can't i just mail the form and other information requested like i did when i wanted to re-new my old passport and just pay to have it mailed back to me? I believe the Atlanta office mailed my passport back to me

You are a Nigerian and if you completing the American passport application then u are an American.= Dual CItizenship.
Re: What Do I Say My Nationality Is? by pslm23(f): 8:38pm On Sep 22, 2010
justwise:

You are a Nigerian and if you completing the American passport application then u are an American.= Dual CItizenship.

@ Justwise, so i guess the answer is that i should state i'm a Nigerian? Thank you for the quick response
Re: What Do I Say My Nationality Is? by justwise(m): 8:40pm On Sep 22, 2010
pslm23:

@ Justwise, so i guess the answer is that i should state i'm a Nigerian? Thank you for the quick response

Yup, cos if you say American then u will not be given any passport.
Re: What Do I Say My Nationality Is? by itstpia1: 6:25am On Oct 25, 2014
Re: What Do I Say My Nationality Is? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 25, 2014
Is there an option for "dual nationality "? If so be truthful. Your claiming otherwise is simply called MISREPRESENTATION. Trust me Nigerian consulate in ATL or WA checks or verifies NOThing
Re: What Do I Say My Nationality Is? by tpia6: 6:45pm On Oct 25, 2014
if there's no option for dual nationality then probably she should just state whichever nationality on the passport of the country she's applying for.

pending if they're deciding to eliminate the dual nationality clause?

(1) (Reply)

U.s.a Immigrant Visa{legal Permanent Resident}enquiries / ( Hot, Hot Video ) Nigerian Dance Club / Schooling In Cyprus For International Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.