Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,379 members, 7,822,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Flood Kills Soldier, 9 Others In Kebbi - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flood Kills Soldier, 9 Others In Kebbi (9004 Views)

Flood Kills Mother Of Five In Anambra (Disturbing Photo) / 5 Children, 9 Others Killed As Truck Rams Into Passenger Bus In Kogi (Graphic) / Flood Kills 8000 Birds In Edo, Submerge House(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flood Kills Soldier, 9 Others In Kebbi by olokeded: 2:52pm On Sep 04, 2018
Kebbi Government on Tuesday confirmed the death of a soldier and nine others in two separate flood disasters across the state.

A statement by Abubakar Dakingari, Chief Press Secretary to Gov. Atiku Bagudu issued in Birnin Kebbi, said the flood occurred in two local government areas on Thursday.

He listed the communities affected as Kanya village in Danko Wasagu Local Government and Mahuta in Fakai Local Government.

“A soldier and nine other people were killed by heavy flood as a result of incessant rainfall in the state; the soldier was said to have died while trying to rescue a woman from the flood.’’

Dakingari said although the body of the woman was recovered, that of the soldier had been washed away, but effort was on to recover the corpse.

He added that the remains of five victims were recovered at Kanya and three in Mahuta.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Gov. Bagudu had earlier visited the communities to commiserate with the victims.

At Kanya, the village Head, Alhaji Isah Dan Hassan, told the governor that many houses, livestock and farmlands were destroyed by the flood.

He urged government to construct emergency bridge and provide canoes for the immediate evacuation of residents to safer areas.

During the visit, Bagudu also made a stop over at Waje bridge, where a young man was reported to have jumped to his death.

At Fakai, Chairman of the local government, Musa Jarma, said 48 houses and a bridge linking the town to other parts of the state were destroyed.

http://www.metronaija.ng/flood-kills-soldier-9-others-in-kebbi-2/

Re: Flood Kills Soldier, 9 Others In Kebbi by JudasNaCarrot: 2:59pm On Sep 04, 2018
Everything in the North is in extreme:

Cold...

Sun....

Heat....

Flood....

Drought...

Illiteracy...

Poverty..

Diseases...

Drug abuse....

Religious intolerance...

Sheepish followers....

Boko Haram...

Killer Herdsmen....

Lifelessness....

The North is under a spell.....period!

Buhari why?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood Kills Soldier, 9 Others In Kebbi by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 04, 2018
Re: Flood Kills Soldier, 9 Others In Kebbi by DBossNG(m): 3:20pm On Sep 04, 2018
RIP
Re: Flood Kills Soldier, 9 Others In Kebbi by Peculariconcept(m): 3:20pm On Sep 04, 2018
shocked. Eyah.
Re: Flood Kills Soldier, 9 Others In Kebbi by KingLennon(m): 3:21pm On Sep 04, 2018
May their souls rest in peace. To the soldier who died you fought a good fight and you deserve a seat in the gathering of the brave....
Re: Flood Kills Soldier, 9 Others In Kebbi by kennosklint(m): 3:22pm On Sep 04, 2018
Thunder will fire Buhari and his supporters

1 Like

Re: Flood Kills Soldier, 9 Others In Kebbi by kindnyce(m): 3:22pm On Sep 04, 2018
I Hope the relevant authorities Will do the needful.
Cameroon have been unleashing terror on Nigeria since time immemorial.
The DAM in Cameron has been wrecking havoc on us

1 Like

Re: Flood Kills Soldier, 9 Others In Kebbi by Bustincole(m): 3:23pm On Sep 04, 2018
Lord have mercy
Re: Flood Kills Soldier, 9 Others In Kebbi by Jhayeahsam01(m): 3:24pm On Sep 04, 2018
meanwhile, i will use this opportunity to tell God what i need. am an agronomist married with a kid no job looking for one in Lagos and its environ. am a squatter. am desperately in need of good job pls help a father n brother...
Re: Flood Kills Soldier, 9 Others In Kebbi by Jhayeahsam01(m): 3:24pm On Sep 04, 2018
meanwhile, i will use this opportunity to tell God what i need. am an agronomist married with a kid no job looking for one in Lagos and its environ. am a squatter. am desperately in need of good job pls help a father n brother...
Re: Flood Kills Soldier, 9 Others In Kebbi by Brains1990(m): 3:25pm On Sep 04, 2018
Can a day go by without hearing or reading a bad news in and/or about Nigeria?

Nawao
Re: Flood Kills Soldier, 9 Others In Kebbi by viccgm: 3:25pm On Sep 04, 2018
Y is the flood helping boko haram to finish our soldiers. Buharrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiii answer me
Re: Flood Kills Soldier, 9 Others In Kebbi by xtophy1(m): 3:28pm On Sep 04, 2018
I'm sure it will never reach Dakingari... That place aint meant for showers
Re: Flood Kills Soldier, 9 Others In Kebbi by ajbf: 3:35pm On Sep 04, 2018
kindnyce:
What are you saying?

Re: Flood Kills Soldier, 9 Others In Kebbi by adetes: 3:39pm On Sep 04, 2018
The rate @ which soldier died in this regime is much
Re: Flood Kills Soldier, 9 Others In Kebbi by chukwutope: 3:45pm On Sep 04, 2018
Never feel sorry for a Nigerian soldier, SARS or the police.
Re: Flood Kills Soldier, 9 Others In Kebbi by seborrhic: 3:46pm On Sep 04, 2018
A lovable Northern state.
Peaceful state,nice,lovable people,agricultural power house,vast expanse of sites to see if u travel the state by road.
If Kebbi ever gets blessed with a brilliant governor,it would be one of the most attractive places to visit,for business and a tourist haven.

1 Like

Re: Flood Kills Soldier, 9 Others In Kebbi by thatigboman: 3:49pm On Sep 04, 2018
kindnyce:
River Niger has nothing to do with Cameroon pls. There's is River Benue.
River Niger flows through NW Nigeria, where Kebbi is, while River Benue flows through NE Nigeria where Adamawa and Taraba are.
Re: Flood Kills Soldier, 9 Others In Kebbi by thatigboman: 3:51pm On Sep 04, 2018
ajbf:

What are you saying?
i tire for d guy
Re: Flood Kills Soldier, 9 Others In Kebbi by AllahSWT: 4:06pm On Sep 04, 2018
i hope my friend sheikh Isa Abubakar Usman is safe

I'll call him this evening angry
Re: Flood Kills Soldier, 9 Others In Kebbi by Developrog(m): 4:24pm On Sep 04, 2018
May God protect our land
Re: Flood Kills Soldier, 9 Others In Kebbi by jegz25(m): 4:25pm On Sep 04, 2018
JudasNaCarrot:

Cold...

Sun....

Heat....

Flood....

Drought...

Illiteracy...

Poverty..

Diseases...

Drug abuse....

Religious intolerance...

Sheepish followers....

Boko Haram...

Killer Herdsmen....

Lifelessness....

Buhari why?

your stupidity is extreme too
Re: Flood Kills Soldier, 9 Others In Kebbi by JudasNaCarrot: 4:37pm On Sep 04, 2018
jegz25:
your stupidity is extreme too
Just take a look at my moniker.

Oya tell me sorry now for abusing me or.....
grin
Re: Flood Kills Soldier, 9 Others In Kebbi by Niyi9002(m): 4:51pm On Sep 04, 2018
This is very sad, served there in 2011-12. Very nice set of people there. RIP to the dead. cry
Re: Flood Kills Soldier, 9 Others In Kebbi by drsmiley: 4:56pm On Sep 04, 2018
s true now everything s North gud and bad
Re: Flood Kills Soldier, 9 Others In Kebbi by Gkemz: 5:25pm On Sep 04, 2018
Something is fishy here. This story is sketchy and i believe there's more to this story.
Re: Flood Kills Soldier, 9 Others In Kebbi by bigcasava1(m): 8:52pm On Sep 04, 2018
JudasNaCarrot:

Cold...

Sun....

Heat....

Flood....

Drought...

Illiteracy...

Poverty..

Diseases...

Drug abuse....

Religious intolerance...

Sheepish followers....

Boko Haram...

Killer Herdsmen....

Lifelessness....

Buhari why?

my brother u sure say na God create them?
Re: Flood Kills Soldier, 9 Others In Kebbi by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 04, 2018
kennosklint:
Thunder will fire Buhari and his supporters
Bross y u mumu like Dis na.....na buhari cause d flood again!!!! Its like their is tetanus in ya brain....
Re: Flood Kills Soldier, 9 Others In Kebbi by koolaid87: 11:17pm On Sep 04, 2018
Can flood kill a navy seal member or British sas?

After they will say they are the best in Africa
Re: Flood Kills Soldier, 9 Others In Kebbi by NTJrasta(m): 12:31am On Sep 05, 2018
You forgot 'Flies'

(1) (Reply)

Life In Ghana Compared To Nigeria (must Read) / Us Embassy Unveils New Visa System ! / How To Know If My Nigerian Passport Is Ready

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.