Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,703 members, 7,827,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

How Powerful Was The Service - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Powerful Was The Service (175 Views)

No Matter How Powerful Powers Of Darkness/witches Disturbing You Are . / How Powerful Is An Angel, And What Abilities Do They Possess? / How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Powerful Was The Service by djoguns: 12:18pm On May 12, 2019
Not once, not twice, I have asked folks who claimed that certain christian meetings were powerful, what they actually meant by this.

Your guess is good, for I have encountered a plethora of ambivalent responses, I possibly will not dare to list here.

*Powerful, we all laughed and laughed in the spirit.
* we danced in the holy ghost.
* Very wonderful, the man of God prophesied into our lives.
* Very glorious, G. O. told us that daddy said there would many marriages this year.
* Most of us fell to the ground as the man of God threw his jacket at us.
* Daddy said we would get home to meet our enemies dead.
* The meeting was great, because daddy said all our problems are over forever, and that we would never cry again.

I always wonder if there is any similarity between a huge number of these experiences and Christian meetings in the bible.
Luke 5:17 ..and the power of the Lord was present to heal them..
Matt. 4:23..and preaching the Gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.
Matt. 9:35 ..and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.Matt 12:15 ..and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all...
Mark 16:20...and they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.
Acts 5:15...It was the shadow of Peter healing the sick.
Acts 19:11..it was Paul's shredded garment that wrought signs and wonders.
Acts 8:6-8 .Philip at Samaria, with the power of God setting people free from unclean spirits, paralysis, lameness etc.

The list is endless.
If Jesus Christ is the same, yesterday, and today, and forever, Heb 13:8, and it is true that he that believeth on him (born again, or is saved) can do the works he did, and even greater works, John 14:12, then to hold a christian gathering destitute of supernatural power in mirrific preternatural outbursts or out of order with this status quo and divine modus operandi is antithetical to Christianity.

This has been my persuasion over the years, and herein do I exercise myself before God and men, that I might have a conscience void of offence in the "day of visitation". Preaching the Gospel of Christ without incredible evidences and proofs of power is vain, godless human religion from which we must turn away. This is not validation of human potency or cheap confirmation of human efforts at pleasing God, rather it is the reality of divine power, evidential in the gospel of eternal life. Healing power is not 'extra' to the Christian status, it is a manifestation of the natural life, called, eternal life, by which the Christian has become a christian.[color=#990000][/color]

(1) (Reply)

Whats The Best Way To Pay Tithe? HELP / The Procession Of Holiness / Don't Give Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.