Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See (998 Views)

Day 6 || Loose Him, Let Him Go || GCK / Abortion: Don't Turn Murderer For A Man, Hand Over The Baby To Him Let Him Do It / Why Do Christians Fear Atheists So Much ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See by bingbagbo(m): 4:55pm On May 09, 2021
Luke 10:18-19

[18]And He said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.

[19] Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Contrary to what the cults tell you about Satan, he is already defeated. The child of God has more power than Satan. There are cults which teach that, Satan rules the earth, Satan will destroy you if you dare him and all, but take a second look at the verse above. He is defeated. He is a liar. He is doomed for the lake of fire.

Satan employs lies and fear to prey on the ignorant.

Resist him and he will flee
Re: How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See by bingbagbo(m): 4:57pm On May 09, 2021
Mark 16:17-18

[17]And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons ; they will speak with new tongues;
[18]they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

The believer has power to expel devils
Re: How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See by Hashabiah: 4:57pm On May 09, 2021
Brother, don't test the devil. There are certain mysteries of the spirit that are hard to comprehend and its only through revelation that you can overcome ; and not by scripture reading

1 Like

Re: How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See by bingbagbo(m): 4:59pm On May 09, 2021
Hashabiah:
Brother, don't test the devil. There are certain mysteries of the spirit that are hard to comprehend and its only through revelation that you can overcome ; and not by scripture reading

Are you a child of God?
Re: How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See by Hashabiah: 5:03pm On May 09, 2021
bingbagbo:

Are you a child of God?
I'm a child of God, but that does not mean I will go about looking for trouble. Neither does it mean that I can boast in the salvation of God. For it is written " him who thinks that he stands, let him take heed, lest he fall".

1 Like

Re: How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See by Betscoreodds: 5:05pm On May 09, 2021
Revelation 13:7
King James Version
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

Well authority will be given to Satan to do as he wills at a certain point of time so don't be afraid when you see such things happen...

Remember tho he slay me yet will I trust him (God)
Re: How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See by bingbagbo(m): 5:08pm On May 09, 2021
Hashabiah:
I'm a child of God, but that does not mean I will go about looking for trouble. Neither does it mean that I can boast in the salvation of God. For it is written " him who thinks that he stands, let him take heed, lest he fall".

Colossians 2:15
[15] Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.

If you are a child of God, then note that Our Lord Jesus has disarmed the devil on your behalf. You sound so frightened and insecure

These are unlike a child of God
Re: How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See by bingbagbo(m): 5:10pm On May 09, 2021
Betscoreodds:
Revelation 13:7
King James Version
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

Well authority will be given to Satan to do as he wills at a certain point of time so don't be afraid when you see such things happen...

Remember tho he slay me yet will I trust him (God)

The above will take place only during the great tribulation and it Will happen because the Lord has plotted it so.
Re: How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See by Hashabiah: 5:19pm On May 09, 2021
bingbagbo:

Colossians 2:15
[15] Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.

If you are a child of God, then note that Our Lord Jesus has disarmed the devil on your behalf. You sound so frightened and insecure

These are unlike a child of God
Brother you are speaking of things you do not understand. Let me ask you a question: why is it that so many Christians lack, yet the bible expressly says that seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you? What is that mystery that keeps a Christian in poverty even though he is faithful...? Answer

1 Like

Re: How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See by livingchrist: 5:30pm On May 09, 2021
The devil is powerful he controls the unsaved world but certainly not more powerful than the saved people.

Ephesians 2:2
Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Beware of false teachings!

2 Peter 2:1
But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

The truth is satan rules the world by controlling men.

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

This verse is very clear, who are christians wrestling with, fellow humans or demons who rules over the affairs of men?

The devil is called the prince of this world,

The prince that controls the disobedient people.

John 14:30
Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Why did Jesus say his kingdom is not of this world?

John 18:36
Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Every kingdom has a kingdom, if Jesus kingdom is not of this world, it means this world is not Jesus kingdom, than whose kingdom is it?

Of course the devil.

That is why there is so much evil, pain, sin, problem that is because satan rules this present world.
This present world is called evil, because evil rules this world.

Galatians 1:4
Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
Re: How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See by Dtruthspeaker: 5:32pm On May 09, 2021
Hashabiah:
... Let me ask you a question: why is it that so many Christians lack, yet the bible expressly says that seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you?

Simple!

Because they are not Christians!

They can deceive you but None can deceive Christ, or would He not know His Own?

1 Like

Re: How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See by Dtruthspeaker: 5:34pm On May 09, 2021
livingchrist:
The devil is powerful he controls the unsaved world but certainly not more powerful than the saved people.

The truth is satan rules the world by controlling men.

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

This verse is very clear, who are christians wrestling with, fellow humans or demons who rules over the affairs of men?

The devil is called the prince of this world,

The prince that controls the disobedient people.

John 14:30
Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

Why did Jesus say his kingdom is not of this world?

John 18:36
Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Every kingdom has a kingdom, if Jesus kingdom is not of this world, it means this world is not Jesus kingdom, than whose kingdom is it?

Of course the devil.

That is why there is so much evil, pain, sin, problem that is because satan rules this present world.
This present world is called evil, because evil rules this world.

Galatians 1:4
Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

Seconded
Re: How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See by Hashabiah: 5:34pm On May 09, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Simple!

Because they are not Christians!

They can deceive you but None can deceive Christ, or would He not know His Own?
That's a lie. Calamity befalls even those who serve God. John the Baptist was beheaded and God look upon it and did nothing . Another case was that of the prophet Isaiah when he killed for prophesying in the name of the Lord.

P. S : Don't defend what you know nothing about

1 Like

Re: How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See by Dtruthspeaker: 5:39pm On May 09, 2021
Hashabiah:
That's a lie. Calamity befalls even those who serve God. John the Baptist was beheaded and God look upon it and did nothing . Another case was that of the prophet Isaiah when he killed for prophesying in the name of the Lord.

P. S : Don't defend what you know nothing about

They do not! I am a Direct Witness of this fact.

No evil thing comes near the dwelling of the righteous, No Evil thing at all.

Only Blessings and More Blessings!

The Prophets and saints killed were set to be killed and it was not adverse to them

Dying and death is not adverse to the righteous so it is not a calamity!
Re: How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See by Hashabiah: 5:41pm On May 09, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

They do not! I am a Direct Witness of this. No evil thing comes near the dwelling of the righteous, No Evil thing at all.

Only Blessings and More Blessings!
You're still in denial...? Okay look at the recent case of Enoch Adeboye. Can you say that God was not faithful since it is written in Psalms 91 "...that with long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation "?

Brother, answer this or is Adeboye not a true servant of God?

1 Like

Re: How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See by Dtruthspeaker: 5:48pm On May 09, 2021
Hashabiah:
You're still in denial...? Okay look at the recent case of Enoch Adeboye. Can you say that God was not faithful since it is written in Psalms 91 "...that with long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation "?

Brother, answer this or is Adeboye not a true servant of God?

Did I not tell you that Christ knows His Own? Am I the Christ that I should know who belongs to me?

Further, these are the days of the fulfillment of the Prophecies, the days of death; Saints shall be slain and death shall be plenty but Death is not adverse and a Calamity to the Righteous!

That is a certainty!
Re: How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See by truespeak: 5:53pm On May 09, 2021
Hashabiah:
Brother you are speaking of things you do not understand. Let me ask you a question: why is it that so many Christians lack, yet the bible expressly says that seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you? What is that mystery that keeps a Christian in poverty even though he is faithful...? Answer

What does it mean to seek the Kingdom of God?

It means many things which include searching, enquiring and coming to the understanding of whom God is and whom you are!

Which is that He is your Creator and you are a creation thus you exist to please him and not for Him to please you!

With this foundational understanding, all other things shall stand atop!

Thus if you as a creation please your Creator, He shall take care of your needs in accordance with His pleasure and Knowledge of what you need and not in accordance with your own thinkings!

For it is seen that every Creator maintains his creations according to the Creator's pleasure and desires and the creation is never consulted in these things!

Thus if you truly please your Creator, He shall in turn keep you fed, watered and well!

This I have seen and I am a Living Witness to these Truth which is also proven in nature in that we take care of our creations for as long as they please us!

And we discard that which does not please us!

Thus understanding all there is, is the key to unlocking our Creator's Blessings and Outpourings!

Further on "Faithful"

No creation can validly mark and score himself faithful!

It is the Creator who can mark and score him so!

And it is seen that whomsoever The Creator scores as Faithful, such a one Never Lacks any good thing as Proven by Abraham, David, Job e,t.c

Thus, he that is Truly Faithful in the eyes of his Creator shall dwell in Goods and Wellness!
Re: How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See by Hashabiah: 5:53pm On May 09, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Did I not tell you that Christ knows His Own? Am I the Christ that I should know who belongs to me?

Further, these are the days of the fulfillment of the Prophecies, the days of death; Saints shall be slain and death shall be plenty but Death is not adverse and a Calamity to the Righteous!

That is a certainty!
You're still in denial. So let me pressure you some more hard facts : in the story of Job, it was recorded that he was a faithful man who feared God and shunned evil, yet God destroyed all that he had by allowing Satan have his way. Now does this not prove my point...? You need to stop talking about what you don't understand. Reading the Bible and beliveing is quite different from the realities that meet a believer

2 Likes

Re: How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See by Dtruthspeaker: 6:03pm On May 09, 2021
Hashabiah:
You're still in denial. So let me pressure you some more hard facts : in the story of Job, it was recorded that he was a faithful man who feared God and shunned evil, yet God destroyed all that he had by allowing Satan have his way. Now does this not prove my point...?

In the Story of Job we were told that God was very Pleased with Job such that He wagered him Against the-evil himself!

The-evil Lost and it and it was well with job at the end as it was in the beginning, so your arrow did not fly!

Hashabiah:

You need to stop talking about what you don't understand. Reading the Bible and beliveing is quite different from the realities that meet a believer

I have clearly told you that I am walking in those same shoes and therefore I know what I am saying!
Re: How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See by Hashabiah: 6:04pm On May 09, 2021
truespeak:

What does it mean to seek the Kingdom of God?

It means many things which include searching, enquiring and coming to the understanding of whom God is and whom you are!

Which is that He is your Creator and you are a creation thus you exist to please him and not for Him to please you!

With this foundational understanding, all other things shall stand atop!

Thus if you as a creation please your Creator, He shall take care of your needs in accordance with His pleasure and Knowledge of what you need and not in accordance with your own thinkings!

For it is seen that every Creator maintains his creations according to the Creator's pleasure and desires and the creation is never consulted in these things!

Thus if you truly please your Creator, He shall in turn keep you fed, watered and well!

This I have seen and I am a Living Witness to these Truth which is also proven in nature in that we take care of our creations for as long as they please us!

And we discard that which does not please us!

Thus understanding all there is, is the key to unlocking our Creator's Blessings and Outpourings!

Further on "Faithful"

No creation can validly mark and score himself faithful!

It is the Creator who can mark and score him so!

And it is seen that whomsoever The Creator scores as Faithful, such a one Never Lacks any good thing as Proven by Abraham, David, Job e,t.c

Thus, he that is Truly Faithful in the eyes of his Creator shall dwell in Goods and Wellness!
This lengthy writeup is not dealing with the reality here , which is why alot of people see Christianity as false. How can you be telling me that certain principles work just because they are from the bible? Are you aware that tere are many instances of God not doing anything to deliver a faithful? Have you not read of how many faithful believers were always in lack or want because of their steadfastness to God and his statues.

Most of you online jokers keep talking with dealing with the realities
Re: How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See by truespeak: 6:06pm On May 09, 2021
Hashabiah:
You're still in denial. So let me pressure you some more hard facts : in the story of Job, it was recorded that he was a faithful man who feared God and shunned evil, yet God destroyed all that he had by allowing Satan have his way. Now does this not prove my point...? You need to stop talking about what you don't understand. Reading the Bible and beliveing is quite different from the realities that meet a believer

Still not a problem!

God simply exercised the right of a Creator to boast and be proud of His Creation and did you not see Satan complain that he could not touch Job because God had put a Hedge roundabout him!

Proving that Satan hath no power of the Beloved of God!

And God permitted Satan to do his will over Job save kill him!

And yet Satan FAILED WOEFULLY!

And Job was Restored even Double All That He Had Before!

Victory All the Way for Job and God's People and Failure, Failure for Satan who hit Job with his All and Failed!

Wonderful Delight! grin grin
Re: How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See by Hashabiah: 6:06pm On May 09, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

In the Story of Job we were told that God was very Pleased with Job such that He wagered him!

It was well with job at the beginning it was with him at the end, the Anomaly was based on A wager, so your arrow did not fly!

I have clearly told you that I am walking in those same shoes and therefore I know what I am saying!
I doubt it. And I'm sure alot of people reading this thread will also agree with me. Christianity is hard...super hard. And it takes the last bit of determination to continue because you're dealing with a God that does as He pleases irrespective of how faithful you are to His commandment
Re: How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See by Hashabiah: 6:08pm On May 09, 2021
truespeak:

Still not a problem!

God simply exercised the right of a Creator to boast and be proud of His Creation and did you not see Satan complain that he could not touch Job because God had put a Hedge roundabout him!

Proving that Satan hath no power of the Beloved of God!

And God permitted Satan to do his will over Job save kill him!

And yet Satan FAILED WOEFULLY!

And Job was Restored even Double All That He Had Before!

Victory All the Way for Job and God's People and Failure, Failure for Satan who hit Job with his All and Failed!

Wonderful Delight! grin grin
You're not making sense brother. Are all cases of a Christian like Job?
Re: How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See by Dtruthspeaker: 6:09pm On May 09, 2021
Hashabiah:
I doubt it. And I'm sure alot of people reading this thread will also agree with me. Christianity is hard...super hard. And it takes the last bit of determination to continue because you're dealing with a God that does as He pleases irrespective of how faithful you are to His commandment

So was learning 1,2,3. And A,B,C but with patience and perseverance, we are today the experts and even teachers of those same 1,2,3 and A,B,C which we once thought was very very hard!

So it is with Righteousness. If you really wanted it, you will accomplish it!
Re: How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See by Hashabiah: 6:12pm On May 09, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

So was learning 1,2,3. And A,B,C but with patience and perseverance, we are today the experts and even teachers of those same 1,2,3 and A,B,C which we once thought was very very hard!

So it is with Righteousness. If you really wanted it, you will accomplish it!

You're just lying to yourself. Anyway continue to shy away from the reality.

1 Like

Re: How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See by truespeak: 6:17pm On May 09, 2021
Hashabiah:
This lengthy writeup is not dealing with the reality here , which is why alot of people see Christianity as false. How can you be telling me that certain principles work just because they are from the bible?

See how you show you are a fraud!

Where did I say that certain principles work because they are from the Bible, eh Mr Fraud!

Was it not you who raised a Bible passage which I have verily answered but because you cannot counter now you go accusing me of what I did not ever say but was rather a direct answer to your query eh, Fraudulent one!

Shows you have no answer!

Hashabiah:
Are you aware that tere are many instances of God not doing anything to deliver a faithful? Have you not read of how many faithful believers were always in lack or want because of their steadfastness to God and his statutes

Lai Lai!

No Truly Faithful Servant has ever suffered lack, no not one!
Re: How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See by Dtruthspeaker: 6:18pm On May 09, 2021
Hashabiah:
You're just lying to yourself. Anyway continue to shy away from the reality.

See yourself rather than stay silent you rather chose to Accuse me of lying suddenly. No presentation of the fact where I lied!

Yet you wonder why evil and calamity pursues you Exactly as God hath said!

Anyway, I understand it's because you have run out of reasonable queries and you could neither reasonably rebut!
Re: How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See by Hashabiah: 6:20pm On May 09, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

See yourself rather than stay silent you rather chose to Accuse me of lying suddenly. No presentation of the fact where I lied!

Yet you wonder why evil and calamity pursues you Exactly as God hath said!

Anyway, I understand!
You don't need to peddle your falsehood bros. I have confronted you with hard truths that your fabricated knowledge knows nothing of. And very soon you'll meet a brick wall.

1 Like

Re: How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See by truespeak: 6:22pm On May 09, 2021
Hashabiah:
You're not making sense brother. Are all cases of a Christian like Job?

grin grin In other words, I can not answer you! grin grin

And now change of post for you raised Job which I have Crushed now you run to other cases of a Christian like Job?

Still not a Problem for whether they be like Job or they be of a different Variety we are not bothered At All!

We are as the mountain, we shall Not be Moved!

Never! grin grin grin
Re: How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See by Hashabiah: 6:22pm On May 09, 2021
truespeak:

See how you show you are a fraud!

Where did I say that certain principles work because they are from the Bible, eh Mr Fraud!

Was it not you who raised a Bible passage which I have verily answered but because you cannot counter now you go accusing me of what I did not ever say but was rather a direct answer to your query eh, Fraudulent one!

Shows you have no answer!

Lai Lai!

No Truly Faithful Servant has ever suffered lack, no not one!
You've not answered anything which goes to show that you don't even know what you're talking about. I'm sure you're ready to be a pastor who will preach trash and at the same time not be able to defend it with the realities on ground
Re: How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See by Hashabiah: 6:24pm On May 09, 2021
truespeak:

grin grin In other words, I can not answer you! grin grin

And now change of post for you raised Job which I have Crushed now you run to other cases of a Christian like Job?

Still not a Problem for whether they be like Job or they be of a different Variety we are not bothered At All!

We are as the mountain, we shall Not be Moved!

Never! grin grin grin

I had used the case of Job to simplify what I was saying. Just the same way I used John the Baptist to show you how ridiculous your statements are.
Re: How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See by peggywebbs(f): 6:26pm On May 09, 2021
Yes Christianity is hard and I wish most people see things from your perspective. What we have today are motivational speakers. Who tell you everything will be all right, you will be rich or wealthy blah blah.

The true test of our faith is in how we handle challenges that come our way. Being Christian does not exempt us from the cycle of life. We live and we die. We go through the same things unbelievers experience and even much more than them. We are under constant persecution not only from the people around us but even the unseen realm.

The most important thing for every Christian is to build a relationship with God and not only living vicariously through the bible alone. I tell people that the scriptures is an example of God's connection with man. That relationship never ended and he is still with us each day.

On the issue of fearing the devil. Yes, even though God has given us power over the devil and his agents, we should not test him. In fact I remember it is written somewhere in the bible, where you leave the things of darkness for darkness and just hold on to light.

I had an experience, that taught me this not too long ago. I went to the beach and I was daring the water. To me it was a joke, I was just expressing myself and just being silly. I didn't know I was looking for trouble. I battled with the sea for more than three months until I was delivered. I was trapped in the world of the sea and I didn't know. It was after my deliverance I remembered that faithful day when I was talking carelessly to the water.

So I learnt a very big lesson that even if God protects you, you should not go ahead looking for trouble where it is staying on its own.

Hashabiah:

(1) (2) (Reply)

21 Contrasts Between Hell Fire And Physical Graves. / Is The Woman Really Helpful? / Where Is God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.