Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 (63609 Views)

Arsenal Vs Manchester City : Community Shield 4 - 1 pen On 6th August 2023 / Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (3 - 1) On 30th July 2022 / Chelsea Vs Manchester City - Community Shield (0 - 2) On 6th August 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 by osazsky(m): 7:57pm On Aug 04, 2019
Earthquake1:

Yes
thk God at least it will be on d history book as the first manager to win d first throphy in d year that d VAR was introduced in d EPL,this is a good omen more records to be broken this year,I just want him to be setting records,I will prefer another domestic sweep again to d ucl ,,,,I enjoy city games over time and dont expect them to sacrifice the treble over a competition were u play only 9 games
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 04, 2019
Jokerman:

Lol... You haven't heard Messi fans like blabbermouth grin and eni4real saying Messi has played 10 finals, and thus it's bigger than winning 1 nations cup abi grin
Especially when Eder and Guedes won the finals!!!
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 by EbukaHades10(m): 8:36pm On Aug 04, 2019
osazsky:
do u know how much we got from winning d EPL and Carling cup that one is not profit to the club is only when u sell players u get money,we dont sell players we only sell our academy player like guns,10m Southampton keeper cicilian 3m swansea,pablo, 3.5,we dont sell our good players its d policy of d club we did prefer glory and cash,imagine if sane was in liverpool and Bayern have been knocking with 100m for a player that cost 37m 2 years ago and d club is bent on extending is contract rather than sell him,if we want to sell players we have players to sell to Madrid,baka PSG,I think this current squad in city is d most valuable in England,imagine wat sterling,Fernando,debryne,sane guodogan would go for in this current mkt,even d old aguero who is 31 self and bernando
Bhruv, we are discussing player sales not money realized from Winning this or winning that.

Mind u, Liverpool made more money than City that even won everything in England last season despite the fact that they didn't win the league.
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 by Blabbermouth: 8:37pm On Aug 04, 2019
Jokerman:

I would choose Mourinho
Tell meh wat u would like to use to measure their greatness, anything that doesn't contain ur fallacy of "strong and weak job shits". Anything that is documented in their record.
(This was wat I asked)
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 by Jokerman(m): 8:37pm On Aug 04, 2019
eni4real:
Especially when Eder and Guedes won the finals!!!
grin
4 finals> 2 national trophies
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 by Jokerman(m): 8:42pm On Aug 04, 2019
osazsky:
thk God at least it will be on d history book as the first manager to win d first throphy in d year that d VAR was introduced in d EPL,this is a good omen more records to be broken this year,I just want him to be setting records,I will prefer another domestic sweep again to d ucl ,,,,I enjoy city games over time and dont expect them to sacrifice the treble over a competition were u play only 9 games

Lol... Failure can make you concede to vast delusions... For you info

UCL >>> any league title

So you know Mancity=Juventus=Celtic=PSG

Hope you know why grin

No wonder Madrid and Barca are the best clubs
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 by Bahddo(m): 8:43pm On Aug 04, 2019
Jokerman:

I just gave it to you ni o... Mourinho also has the trophies too
He has also won 100 points in a season
He has produced best players in every position from his managerial skill
He has won trophies in any country he has worked in
He takes up more difficult job

Just imagine if he wins Laliga with Valencia or the UCL grin
you be real joker man. Valencia? How many times did Mou win La Liga with a far better Madrid team? He didn't even reach the UCL final, talk less of winning it.
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 by Jokerman(m): 8:45pm On Aug 04, 2019
Blabbermouth:

Tell meh wat u would like to use to measure their greatness, anything that doesn't contain ur fallacy of "strong and weak job shits". Anything that is documented in their record.
(This was wat I asked)

To measure greatness of a coach, trophies are the relevant stats... And since Guardiola is leading Mou by 2, I concede that Guardiola just toppled him this year ... I'm not emotional like Messi fans, who refuse to concede that CR7 is greater than their goat

However Mou still my favorite
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Aug 04, 2019
Jokerman:

grin
4 finals> 2 national trophies
First trophy as an injured player in the final
Second trophy as a shadow player in the "modified friendly" competition final...
Hiding in Juventus until the semi final to reap the effort of the team from day...

I prefer the player that don't hide whether in success(individual) or failure(team)...
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 by Jokerman(m): 8:49pm On Aug 04, 2019
Bahddo:
you be real joker man. Valencia? How many times did Mou win La Liga with a far better Madrid team? He didn't even reach the UCL final, talk less of winning it.

Mourinho stayed 3 years in Spain and won Laliga with 100 points over any coach in Laliga history

Mourinho won the EPL twice back to back with unknown Chelsea team over giants like Man utd, Arsenal and Liverpool especially over Fergie

Mourinho won SerieA over Giants like AC Milan and Juventus back to back

Mourinho won UCL with little Porto in 2003 over greats like AC Milan, Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus etc

Mourinho won UCL with inter Milan over Giants like Madrid and Barcelona

So yes he can do it with Valencia, as he has done before
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 by Jokerman(m): 8:51pm On Aug 04, 2019
eni4real:

First trophy as an injured player in the final
Second trophy as a shadow player in the "modified friendly" competition final...
Hiding in Juventus until the semi final to reap the effort of the team from day...

I prefer the player that don't hide whether in success(individual) or failure(team)...

Yes that's why I told you that 4 finals> 2 national team trophies

La liga best player > EPL, Laliga and SerieA best player
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 by Blabbermouth: 8:53pm On Aug 04, 2019
Jokerman:

To measure greatness of a coach, trophies are the relevant stats... And since Guardiola is leading Mou by 2, I concede that Guardiola just toppled him this year ... I'm not emotional like Messi fans, who refuse to concede that CR7 is greater than their goat

However Mou still my favorite
hahaaaaahaaaaaa haha Hahaha hahaaahaahaaahaaa haaaahaaaaahaaa. haaaaaa haaaa haaaaa
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 by Jokerman(m): 8:55pm On Aug 04, 2019
Blabbermouth:

haaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaa. haaaaaa haaaa haaaaa

Lol angry the special one will bounce back soon grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 by engrchykae(m): 8:56pm On Aug 04, 2019
Jokerman:

How did Pep demystify Ferguson??
sir alex held sway in europe from 2007/2009
the solid defence of evra wes brown on the right and left back with vidic ferdinand 5 and 6 with ronald rooney js park or tevez as the case maybe was terror in europe beating rijkaard's barca in 2008 and playing back to back finals in 2008 and 2009.
it was josep guardiola that tamed sir alex.
a sir alex that will be chewing gum while his boys run riot.
pep snatched two uefa champs league trophies from him with proper beating.
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 by lillan042(f): 8:57pm On Aug 04, 2019
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 by Blabbermouth: 8:59pm On Aug 04, 2019
Jokerman:

Lol angry the special one will bounce back soon grin
What is the right measures for a player's greatness
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 04, 2019
Jokerman:

Yes that's why I told you that 4 finals> 2 national team trophies

La liga best player > EPL, Laliga and SerieA best player

La liga GOAT> EPL, La liga and SerieA best player!!!

La Liga GOAT still relevant for the next 50 years as their best ever!!!

Salah is destroying all the stats of Ronaldo in EPL already. Only Ballon d'or remain... Goal, UCL, PFA, Puskas record all touched.. Even Lukaku is touching some of Ronaldo record now.. 84 EPL goals in 6 seasons too small..

SerieA best player as 4th in goal chart and 3rd in assist chart is definitely for marketing and fame reason. Quagliarela still bossed him in goal and assist... Stats don't lie!!

Messi is not just La liga best player.. . He is the best player in the history of all clubss in La Liga....

He will continue to be relevant at the top even 50 years after his career ends unlike Ronaldo who need UCL to survive..

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 by Minemrys: 9:18pm On Aug 04, 2019
Pu7pl3, hulk616 if i catch dat Shitty defender!
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 by Mentorme: 9:23pm On Aug 04, 2019
Kingosytex:

Mourinho worked wonders with Fcp and replicated same with Inter. He chased fraudiola away from La Liga. Mou is just controversial, fraudiola isn't better than him. As for MP and DS, you may be right. If you give those dudes the finance that the open-cheque manager has squandered, they may likely win the CL
So, who chased Mourinho away from epl if not Guadiola's record breaking stats that made his looks ordinary grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 by pu7pl3(m): 9:41pm On Aug 04, 2019
Minemrys:
Pu7pl3, hulk616 if i catch dat Shitty defender!

Which shitty defender??y'all outplayed them imo especially in the 2nd half but were unlucky even tho sterling missed 2 clear chances

Arsenal can't beat simple Barca...mtchew,mustafi is very stupid
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 by Minemrys: 9:59pm On Aug 04, 2019
pu7pl3:

Which shitty defender??y'all outplayed them imo especially in the 2nd half but were unlucky even tho sterling missed 2 clear chances

Arsenal can't beat simple Barca...mtchew,mustafi is very stupid
walahi, i hate to lose to Man City. I hate it.
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 by pu7pl3(m): 10:02pm On Aug 04, 2019
Minemrys:

walahi, i hate to lose to Man City. I hate it.

Me I don't like pep...I wish Salah wasn't selfish
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 by Minemrys: 10:03pm On Aug 04, 2019
pu7pl3:

Me I don't like pep...I wish Salah wasn't selfish
i d0n't see how Salah is selfish.
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 by pu7pl3(m): 10:15pm On Aug 04, 2019
Minemrys:

i d0n't see how Salah is selfish.

There were sometimes where he should have passed but instead he shot straight to the keeper
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 by Minemrys: 10:21pm On Aug 04, 2019
pu7pl3:

There were sometimes where he should have passed but instead he shot straight to the keeper
i can't blame him. He's running out of ideas. Fatigue. The game rush. He's jux focused on one thing, m0ving the ball forward. There were instances when he was passing. Salah is jux nervous; over expectati0ns and living up to them.
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 by Blabbermouth: 10:21pm On Aug 04, 2019
Blabbermouth:
What is the right measures for a player's greatness
Jokerman, where art thou?
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 by pu7pl3(m): 10:23pm On Aug 04, 2019
Minemrys:

i can't blame him. He's running out of ideas. Fatigue. The game rush. He's jux focused on one thing, m0ving the ball forward. There were instances when he was passing. Salah is jux nervous; over expectati0ns and living up to them.

Or maybe he is not fit yet lol grin you can like to read deep meanings into things o
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 by Minemrys: 10:35pm On Aug 04, 2019
pu7pl3:

Or maybe he is not fit yet lol grin you can like to read deep meanings into things o
yea. Seriously, i put myself in people's shoes atimes. Salah came in to Lfc being tagged a flop. He proved people wr0ng and they called him one seas0n w0nder. He did it twice and he wants to prove he aint a one off. He's the face of Lfc. He kn0ws that. What do u think that does to one psychologically?
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 by pu7pl3(m): 10:42pm On Aug 04, 2019
Minemrys:

yea. Seriously, i put myself in people's shoes atimes. Salah came in to Lfc being tagged a flop. He proved people wr0ng and they called him one seas0n w0nder. He did it twice and he wants to prove he aint a one off. He's the face of Lfc. He kn0ws that. What do u think that does to one psychologically?

Are you implying he isn't tough enough mentally? Cos there are many players in other clubs too that are the faces of the club and they keep on performing...I think he knows and believes in his talent...the whole team was just unlucky today IMO,on another day Salah would have scored 2
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 by Chukalemon(m): 10:42pm On Aug 04, 2019
TalkYourOwn:
For those calling Guardiola a fraud, name a coach to consistent as he his but doesn't spend big. Guardiola saw the weakness in the team he inherited and addressed it. Most of you are just jealous of his success.
. Leave them make them dey talk rubbish about gurdiola.4_trophies for just a single season in england.even sir alex ferguson haven't done that before.still them get mouth to criticize.
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 by Minemrys: 10:50pm On Aug 04, 2019
pu7pl3:

Are you implying he isn't tough enough mentally? Cos there are many players in other clubs too that are the faces of the club and they keep on performing...I think he knows and believes in his talent...the whole team was just unlucky today IMO, on another day Salah would have scored 2
exactly. Talking abt mentally, every0ne's psyche has a limit. Check all the passes given Salah, he picks them and all he thinks is to run with it. It's jux instinctive n0t on purpose. When he gets the ball, he just has that fear of n0t wanting to lose it b4 getting to the goal post. He aint calculative, cunning like Mane. Had Mane being the one with the ball that the Walker guy st0pped, it would've been an own goal or PK for handball cos Mane would've calculated it. Check what he did in the ucl final. Salah aint selfish, he's just impulsive. Sh0ot 1st, ask later.
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 by pu7pl3(m): 10:54pm On Aug 04, 2019
Minemrys:

exactly. Talking abt mentally, every0ne's psyche has a limit. Check all the passes given Salah, he picks them and all he thinks is to run with it. It's jux instinctive n0t on purpose. When he gets the ball, he just has that fear of n0t wanting to lose it b4 getting to the goal post. He aint calculative, cunning like Mane. Had Mane being the one with the ball that the Walker guy st0pped, it would've been an own goal or PK for handball cos Mane would've calculated it. Check what he did in the ucl final. Salah aint selfish, he's just impulsive. Sh0ot 1st, ask later.

Ok....

I'm about to sign van de beek tho...seems fitting..de jong to Barca,de ligt to juve and beek to the white capital

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? / Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018 / Manchester United Fan Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.