Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,003 members, 7,814,424 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

New Research Findings:why 99% Of Candidates Don't Pass Their First Interview : - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / New Research Findings:why 99% Of Candidates Don't Pass Their First Interview : (812 Views)

My First Interview / Nigerian Army List Of Candidates Shortlisted For 73rri Pre-screening Examination / My First Interview Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New Research Findings:why 99% Of Candidates Don't Pass Their First Interview : by MrAdvisor(m): 4:28pm On May 03, 2007
NEW RESEARCH FINDINGS:Why 99% of Candidates Don't Pass Their First Interview Test!
[color=#990000][/color]Here's the low down.I'll make it short and sweet!
Do you have what it takes to attend an interview test to which many others have been invited and still come out as one of the chosen candidate?

If you think you are so confident of yourself and think that you already know all that there is to know,you might be in for a shocker.So many people are usually very self cofident until they have attended the 3rd,4th,5th,7th job interview and then they begin to wonder what they're doing wrong and why no one is ready to give them a job.

A multi-national company in the US hired some career experts to conduct a free for all interview for fresh graduates and they observed that many of those who received the invitation to interview kept making the same mistakes over and over again.
Here are the top 25 mistakes that kept recurring:

1. Poor personal appearance

2. Lack of interest and enthusiasm: Passive, indecisive and indifferent.

3. Over emphasis on money: interested only in best money offer.

4. Condemnation of past employers.

5. Failure to look at the interviewer when speaking.

6. Limp, fishy handshake.

7. Unwillingness to travel or relocate to employers preferences.

8. Late for interview.

9. Failure to express appreciation for interviewer's time.

10. Asks no or poor questions about job.

11. Vague, indefinite response to questions.

12. Overbearing, over aggressive, conceited with superiority or "know it all complex."

13. Inability to express self clearly; Poor voice, diction, grammar.

14. Lack of planning for career; no purpose and goals.

15. Unwilling to start at the bottom; expects too much too soon.

16. Lack of confidence and poise, nervous, ill at ease.

17. Makes excuses, evasive, hedges on unfavorable aspects of job history.

18. Lack of tact or cynical.

19. Lack of courtesy; ill mannered.

20. Lack of maturity.

21. Wants job for short time.

22. No interest in company or industry.

23. Low moral standards.

24. Intolerant: strong prejudices.

25. Inability to take criticism.

Don't say that you can't make any of these mistakes during an interview.Do not take this list for granted.They are the product of an elaborate research study.The right attitude would be to print them out and work on them.
Watch out for solutions to these common interview mistakes including right approaches.
Cheers!

[b]Sidenote:[/b]If you are looking for a place wher you can get real secrets of writing killer CVs and coming out on top in any job interview,then visit quickly this site below.

www.cvandjobinterviewtips.com

What i like about this site is that it is constantly being updated so you may have to bookmark it and revisit from tiome to time so as to stay up-to-date with current developments.
Visit:

www.cvandjobinterviewtips.com
Re: New Research Findings:why 99% Of Candidates Don't Pass Their First Interview : by user86666(m): 6:19pm On May 03, 2007
Cool, quite an informative list. . . living up to your screen name eh?
Thanks for the tips anyway, cheers
Re: New Research Findings:why 99% Of Candidates Don't Pass Their First Interview : by LEVI2ME(m): 2:25pm On May 04, 2007
Mr Advisor, you are very correct i made most of this errors on my first attempt
in an interview, how i wish i knew nairaland and all this then i would have passed with else.
Please anyone that care to listen, abide by those rules or you will try again, whether you know someone
or not

(1) (Reply)

Brezee At Interview / How Do I Go Abount Intro At Interview / Please Help! Firstbank Inductees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.