Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Buhari‘s Inauguration Still Holds May 29, Not June 12 —Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari‘s Inauguration Still Holds May 29, Not June 12 —Presidency (12774 Views)

Anthony Adeyinka: Police Fired Tear Gas At Hoodlums Not June 12 Activists / Buhari‘s Inauguration Still Holds May 29, Not June 12 — Presidency / Buhari @ 76: Igbo Group Drums Support For Buhari`s Re-election- Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari‘s Inauguration Still Holds May 29, Not June 12 —Presidency by Omooba77: 7:11am On May 13, 2019
The Presidency has said there is no truth in reports that the Federal Government is considering shifting the inauguration of President Muhammadu Buhari for second term from May 29 to June 12.

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, made the clarification in an interview with our correspondent on Sunday.

Media reports last week claimed Buhari would be inaugurated on June 12, the day the government has declared as the country’s new Democracy Day.

But Shehu told our correspondent that the President’s first term would expire on May 29, 2019, having been inaugurated on May 29, 2015.

He said those who were behind the reports were only attempting to cause confusion in the polity.

The presidential spokesman promised that the Presidency would soon issue a statement on the matter.

He said, “There is no truth in that report. As a matter of fact, we will soon issue a statement on it to clear the air.

“The President was inaugurated for his first term in office on May 29, 2015. He ceases to be President on May 29, 2019, if he is not inaugurated for his second term on that day.

“For the avoidance of doubt, there is no plan to shift the President’s inauguration to June 12. The inauguration will hold on May 29. Those claiming that the inauguration will be shifted to June 12 are only trying to cause confusion in the polity. It is not true.”

Buhari had last year changed the nation’s Democracy Day from May 29 to June 12 of every year.

A bill he sent to the National Assembly to amend the the nation’s Public Holidays Act had since been passed into law.

The declaration was part of the decision taken to honour the winner of the annulled June 12, 1993 presidential election, the late Chief M.K.O. Abiola.

The President had also at the time honoured Abiola with the highest national honour of the Grand Commander of the Federal Republic, posthumously.

He also honoured Abiola’s running mate in the election, Babagana Kingibe, with the second highest national honour, Grand Commander of the Order of Niger.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/buharis-inauguration-still-holds-may-29-not-june-12-presidency/amp/
Re: Buhari‘s Inauguration Still Holds May 29, Not June 12 —Presidency by TANTUMERGO007(m): 7:12am On May 13, 2019
grin See as north they toy with these people brain grin

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari‘s Inauguration Still Holds May 29, Not June 12 —Presidency by Queenboy123(m): 7:12am On May 13, 2019
I knew before too

1 Like

Re: Buhari‘s Inauguration Still Holds May 29, Not June 12 —Presidency by CliffDike(m): 7:13am On May 13, 2019
As far as he(Buhari) remains in that office, inauguration or no inauguration NOTHING, I mean, absolutely nothing will change.
He is clueless and senile!
No economy policy blueprint, no agenda, Nothing!

Another Buhari's four years will spell total doom for the country.
A man who supports evil is not a man that will guarantee Nigeria's development.

The youths must unite and fight for their future.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari‘s Inauguration Still Holds May 29, Not June 12 —Presidency by PapaBaby: 7:25am On May 13, 2019
Exercise in futility if you ask me. He's only holding that position on behalf of Atiku.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari‘s Inauguration Still Holds May 29, Not June 12 —Presidency by dedonfranco(m): 7:43am On May 13, 2019
IBB problem to dis country is still hurting us till date.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari‘s Inauguration Still Holds May 29, Not June 12 —Presidency by buharitill2023: 7:47am On May 13, 2019
idiotic pigs will not understand, May 29th is inauguration day, while June 12th is democracy day.

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari‘s Inauguration Still Holds May 29, Not June 12 —Presidency by buharitill2023: 7:53am On May 13, 2019
PapaBaby:
Exercise in futility if you ask me. He's only holding that position on behalf of Atiku.
you are still hallucinating at this time of the day.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari‘s Inauguration Still Holds May 29, Not June 12 —Presidency by buharitill2023: 7:56am On May 13, 2019
CliffDike:
As far as he(Buhari) remains in that office, inauguration or no inauguration NOTHING, I mean, absolutely nothing will change.

but we have experienced development for the past 3yrs more than what we saw for the previous 16yrs of pdp misrule.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari‘s Inauguration Still Holds May 29, Not June 12 —Presidency by helinues: 8:03am On May 13, 2019
June 12 kwa?
Re: Buhari‘s Inauguration Still Holds May 29, Not June 12 —Presidency by helinues: 8:05am On May 13, 2019
CliffDike:

And you already made up your mind not to see any good things happening to your own country of births.

Anyways, when people say they cant see anything good in you, just hug them cos life can be difficult for the blind.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari‘s Inauguration Still Holds May 29, Not June 12 —Presidency by Bella55555(f): 8:06am On May 13, 2019
TANTUMERGO007:
grin See as north they toy with these people brain grin
as in eeeeeh....the thing tire me ooooo

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari‘s Inauguration Still Holds May 29, Not June 12 —Presidency by Bella55555(f): 8:10am On May 13, 2019
buharitill2023:
but we have experienced development for the past 3yrs more than what we saw for the previous 16yrs of pdp misrule.
you say shocked shocked shocked shocked please tell where you are from and the development because the only development I have seen is Fulani herdsmen attack, banditry and kidnapping especially these days along Abuja- Kaduna express way

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari‘s Inauguration Still Holds May 29, Not June 12 —Presidency by buharitill2023: 8:26am On May 13, 2019
Bella55555:
you say shocked shocked shocked shocked please tell where you are from and the development because the only development I have seen is Fulani herdsmen attack, banditry and kidnapping especially these days along Abuja- Kaduna express way
tell me any State that you will not see contractors working,
or tell me any States you will not see federal govt presence.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari‘s Inauguration Still Holds May 29, Not June 12 —Presidency by Bella55555(f): 8:29am On May 13, 2019
buharitill2023:
tell me any State that you will not see contractors working,
or tell me any States you will not see federal govt presence.
Kaduna
Moreover some of these projects were started by the previous administration

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari‘s Inauguration Still Holds May 29, Not June 12 —Presidency by Paperwhite(m): 8:40am On May 13, 2019
This is after they have obessed Nigerians with their lies as usual.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari‘s Inauguration Still Holds May 29, Not June 12 —Presidency by Omooba77: 8:44am On May 13, 2019
Lalasticlala will there be public holidays on those two days?
Re: Buhari‘s Inauguration Still Holds May 29, Not June 12 —Presidency by Nobody: 8:47am On May 13, 2019
It's not as if anybody celebrates anything spectacular on those days..

Please is their something wrong with the light situation, it's getting really really bad these days..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari‘s Inauguration Still Holds May 29, Not June 12 —Presidency by rummmy: 9:20am On May 13, 2019
They started with Boko Haram, they added Fulani herdsmen, and bandits, others following up soon but they are the same people with the same agendas.
The north will destroy themselves by themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari‘s Inauguration Still Holds May 29, Not June 12 —Presidency by CliffDike(m): 9:31am On May 13, 2019
helinues:

And you already made up your mind not to see any good things happening to your own country of births.

Anyways, when people say they cant see anything good in you, just hug them cos life can be difficult for the blind.

I'm a very ardent proponent of sustainable development in my dear country, but the reality on ground is saying otherwise.
The truth is that the current crop of leaders in the country CAN'T guarantee any meaning development.
You can't give what you don't have!

Buhari has no economic blueprint for SUSTAINABLE growth in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari‘s Inauguration Still Holds May 29, Not June 12 —Presidency by SanusiGworo: 9:33am On May 13, 2019
Which inauguration? Atiku is claiming his mandate whether Buhari likes it or not.

1 Like

Re: Buhari‘s Inauguration Still Holds May 29, Not June 12 —Presidency by IvyGRush: 9:34am On May 13, 2019
Which ever date they choose, they should not forget to invite all Presidential Aspirants including the Aggrieved ones who felt their mandate was stolen. They should be admonished to sheath their sword and allow the Forward Moving Train continue it's journey into Prosperity.

Peace.
Re: Buhari‘s Inauguration Still Holds May 29, Not June 12 —Presidency by radadada: 9:34am On May 13, 2019
Would the live video feed be in High Definition (HD) so we can see Jubril clearly?

Otherwise I am not interested
Re: Buhari‘s Inauguration Still Holds May 29, Not June 12 —Presidency by enshi(m): 9:34am On May 13, 2019
E
Re: Buhari‘s Inauguration Still Holds May 29, Not June 12 —Presidency by tstx(m): 9:35am On May 13, 2019
Noted

I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature
Re: Buhari‘s Inauguration Still Holds May 29, Not June 12 —Presidency by elizabethg: 9:36am On May 13, 2019
He wants to tell who among his ministers is also loosing weight..
No problem..

See newest broda shaggi video here - https://muguvideos.com/unisex-broda-shaggi-comedy_v13643

1 Like

Re: Buhari‘s Inauguration Still Holds May 29, Not June 12 —Presidency by Opinedecandid(m): 9:36am On May 13, 2019
If I hear...?
Re: Buhari‘s Inauguration Still Holds May 29, Not June 12 —Presidency by anambraamaka: 9:36am On May 13, 2019
Whatever
Re: Buhari‘s Inauguration Still Holds May 29, Not June 12 —Presidency by jamezman(m): 9:36am On May 13, 2019
Aiye awon Yoruba ti baje ......

Fear North.....

Yoruba's the real Northern slaves cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abure To Ajaero: NLC Does Not Own LP, You Have A Personal Ambition In 2027 / Please Help Catch This Guy. / Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.