Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,268 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? (35158 Views)

Innoson Has Started Manufacturing Heavy Duty Trucks From The New Plant (Video) / Another Car Manufacturer Emerges In AlaIgbo, The Competition Is Within / Inside Dangote multi Billion naira car assembling plant (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by RTSC: 1:53pm On May 13, 2019
I keep hearing that UN patronise perforce, but I have never seen their vehicle in any foreign war zone.

I only saw a picture of their vehicle with the UN inscription in Nigeria.

Anyway, to each their own.
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by RTSC: 1:56pm On May 13, 2019
zoedew:
Manufacturing is making a product from raw materials while assembling is about putting together semi- finished or completely knocked down parts(CKD) to form a product. The answer to the question should be fairly evident!
Then there is no vehicle manufacturer in the world going by this definition.

You are just getting to know about it because we now have a Nigerian Toyota.
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 13, 2019
The line between assembly and manufacturing can be blurred, times have moved on, the Auto industry is involed in so many complicated alliances and jointventures but to cut a long story short, if you dont have intellectual property to a significant proportion of what makes up the final product, i.e you simply take another man's designs and parts and stick your badge on under license then you cant really be classed as a manufacturer, you are simply assembling. Note most Auto manufacturers to do manufacture most of the components that go into their cars themselves, for instance BOsch or hella supplies headlamps, Michelin/Dunlop tyres, Delco/Denso supply a lot of the electrical components.

To be a manufacturer you must turn a raw material into a final product e.g Steel into body panels.

ther is no shame in assembling, it provides jobs and creates value here in Nigeria. many manufacturers started by assembling other cars under license. e.g lada (Fiat) , Seat (volkswagen) daewoo (Vauxhall/GM)

Like I said vehicle manufacturing is very complicated for instance Mercedes dont actually manufacture the G-class themselves, it is contracted to Steyr in Austria and always has been since the 1970s but it's their design and IP. Unless Innoson actually stamps the body panels/chassis themselves, they cannot be classed as manufacturer because the design is not theirs. you will see Innosons being "manufactured" or assembled in other African countries under other names.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by RTSC: 2:08pm On May 13, 2019
isthatso:
The line between assembly and manufacturing can be blurred, times have moved on, the Auto industry is involed in so many complicated alliances and jointventures but to cut a long story short, if you dont have intellectual property to a significant proportion of what makes up the final product, i.e you simply take another man's designs and parts and stick your badge on under license then you cant really be classed as a manufacturer, you are simply assembling.

ther is no shame in assembling, it provides jobs and creates value here in Nigeria. many manufacturers started by assembling other cars under license. e.g lada (Fiat) , Seat (volkswagen) daewoo (Vauxhall/GM)
The most complicated part of vehicle production is not the design.
It's pretty basic.
Innoson can employ some group of gifted mechanical engineering students and get designs.
It won't suddenly translate into a car.

The real test of manufacturing is production. That is the hard work.
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 13, 2019
RTSC:

The most complicated part of vehicle production is not the design.
It's pretty basic.

Innoson can employ some group of gifted mechanical engineering students and get designs.
It won't suddenly translate into a car.

The real test of manufacturing is production. That is the hard work.

manufacturing is turning sand into windshields, turning rubber into tyres, turning copper and petrochemicals into electrical cables. turning sheets of metal into body panels, taking parts from suppliers and "coupling" them together is assembly not manufacturing. You are simply putting together what other people have manufactured.

The highlighted part shows how little you know. Assembly is actually the most basic part that is why you can assemble anywhere using relatively unskilled labour, that is also why Aseembly workers get paid the least in any industry.

1 Like

Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by mrbillz(m): 2:20pm On May 13, 2019
Don’t mind him jare! Instead of him to Beef-nosing. You’re right to correct him my brother
Butoneday2:
Mind ur business? Why are u pork-nosing in someone's life. Go and create ur own business. undecided
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by Bilsz(m): 2:24pm On May 13, 2019
You know most times the reason for outsourcing, like this is to ensure international trade of which relative price is more favorable. the problem is not the outsourcing as those countries where those companies reside or emanates from have the technology to produce most or all of the components needed by them but they choose to outsoure cos of the gains from trade. are nigerian companies only outsourcing cos of the gains from trade or majorly because they lack the sophisticated technology needed to create core components for their manufactured products.
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by maestroferddi: 2:27pm On May 13, 2019
Champneys:

Shut the fuc...k up you simpleton!

The fact of the matter remains that Innoson only assembles.

When he gets up the next level, let us know

Till then, fu..ck your feelings, you half brained toad!
Shame dey catch me for you...
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by Tastechrist: 2:31pm On May 13, 2019
Assembler or Manufacturer, we should learn to love and appreciate our own.
most of us on this platform (nairaland) are young people who should shotup and follow success trails of our successful Nigerian icons (MIKE ADENUGA, ALH. ALIKO DANGOTE, INNOSON, OTEDOLA, T.G CHUKS etc) irrespective of what part of the country he/she is from.

most of us on this platform (nairaland) are young people who should shotup and follow success trails of our successful Nigerian icons (MIKE ADENUGA, ALH. ALIKO DANGOTE, INNOSON, OTEDOLA, T.G CHUKS etc) irrespective of what part of the country he/she is from.

Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by RTSC: 2:33pm On May 13, 2019
isthatso:

manufacturing is turning sand into windshields, turniang rubber into tyres, turning copper and petrochemicals into electrical cables. turning sheets of metal into body panels, taking parts from suppliers and "coupling" them together is assembly not manufacturing. You are simply putting together what other people have manufactured.

The highlighted part shows how little you know. Assembly is actually the most basic part that is why you can assemble anywhere using relatively unskilled labour, that is also why Aseembly workers get paid the least in any industry.
But none of the established car manufacturers do any of the bolded process. From Toyota, Honda, Peugeot, Mercedes, e. T. c.
None of them.
And those are the standards we are using in this discourse with regards to manufacturing.
If none of them do any of the above. Then who are the manufacturers?

*why is there a proliferation of people on nairaland who think they know but know very little? *
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by zoedew: 2:43pm On May 13, 2019
RTSC:

Then there is no vehicle manufacturer in the world going by this definition.

You are just getting to know about it because we now have a Nigerian Toyota.

Not quite. Truth is, manufacturing the engine block DESIGNED and made up of raw materials SOURCED by the company in question is when a motor company is said to manufacture a vehicle. It is largely the engine and body design patented to the company that earns it the right to be tagged a vehicle manufacturing company.
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by Follygunners: 2:50pm On May 13, 2019
Okoro pple and big mouths sha... empty vessels lasan!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by babeosisi: 2:53pm On May 13, 2019
Is there any car company anywhere in the world that manufactures all.its parts?
Nigerians and their hatred and jelousy of the ingenuity of God's own people.
It will take 10 other Nigerians to come to the intelligence of an average igboman
It's a godgiven ability that no one can take away.
Akaraka.
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by babeosisi: 3:02pm On May 13, 2019
Why do you think other Nigerian men are falling over themselves to marry an Igbo wife?
They secretly admire NdiIgbo.
The intelligent ones are heading East for wives in an effort to improve the intelligence of their offspring and lineage.
Don't mind the noise online
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by Obamaofusa: 3:03pm On May 13, 2019
maestroferddi:
You are not an engineer so stick to what you know other than doing cut and paste just to pass off as having some technical knowledge...

Innoson is a vehicle manufacturing company...Go figure!

You may have to pay me to educate you on the real manufacturing sequence in auto-making.

You don't compare multinational auto concerns to a formative Nigerian company blazing the trail in an area of endeavour where others can only dream about....

Sometimes I wonder that the only problem a lot of Igbos have is having a highly intelligent people like the Yorubas in the same space with them.

These are the only countries recognized as vehicle manufacturers in the world.
You can sponsor write-ups about your company or call it plane and vehicle manufacturing or whatever,you are nothing in the real world of vehicle manufacturers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by MeeLan: 3:05pm On May 13, 2019
innoson agent, you people are trying but don't generalise a lie to defend your inabilities. Innosson assembles and that's basic truth
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by shigishege: 3:17pm On May 13, 2019
Ooni:
go and find ibos and argue with them. I'm talking about we yorubas
you are very foolish for saying. you and who are the yoruba who dont like good thing?? confused idiot
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by Collyno82(m): 3:19pm On May 13, 2019
pcicero:

Can you type this again without crying?

Igbos and victim mentality. You're even mentioning that Emegwali fraud, seems you don't even know some things.
Just get over it, the feeling is mutual. Don't pretend as if you love your western neighbors. We know you people so well.

Every small thing, you start crying tribalism. You want a nation of apes that do not question anything, you can get that in your Biafra.
the way your forefathers questioned everything and their lands in Lagos was acquired by them. Kwontinue to question
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by BeautifulMind2: 3:26pm On May 13, 2019
[s]
Obamaofusa:

Sometimes I wonder that the only problem a lot of Igbos have is having a highly intelligent people like the Yorubas in the same space with them.

These are the only countries recognized as vehicle manufacturers in the world.
You can sponsor write-ups about your company or call it plane and vehicle manufacturing or whatever,you are nothing in the real world of vehicle manufacturers.

[/s]

Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by na2016: 3:37pm On May 13, 2019
rusher14:
Are the designs conceptualized by innosons team of designers?

Where are the crash tests done?

What engine do they run on?

If in collaboration with engine makers, what company and what's their input?

You are truly a Mechanical Engineer. Innoson is only assembling the cars.

2 Likes

Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by ordbrandco: 3:38pm On May 13, 2019
How do you want to manufacture when you don't have a steel plant in the country

1 Like

Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by Menance: 3:44pm On May 13, 2019
You useless meat sellers refuse to stop envy. If he was a part assembler and claims to be a manufacturer why havent the government or people who are able to feed thrice a day fished him out or opposed him. But you poverty striken pigs that cant even identify an engine block keep hating and displaying illitracy
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 13, 2019
RTSC:

But none of the established car manufacturers do any of the bolded process. From Toyota, Honda, Peugeot, Mercedes, e. T. c.
None of them.
And those are the standards we are using in this discourse with regards to manufacturing.
If none of them do any of the above. Then who are the manufacturers?

*why is there a proliferation of people on nairaland who think they know but know very little? *

like yourself, trying to be clever by halves

yes they do, there is no major Automobile manufacturer that does not have its own metal stamping plant or/and have intellectual rights to the design. I was only giving examples of what is manufacturing and I specifically mentioned body stamping from metal sheets to body panels. I have already said all manufacturers have suppliers that supply components but to be considered a manufacturer you must MANUFACTURE the core of what you are selling (i.e the chassis and the body) otherwise you are merely an assembler.

THERE IS NO company considered an Automobile MANUFACTURER the doesnt manufacture it's chassis and body or was the one who designed the car and contracted out the manufacture.

you can see the manufacturing/assembly process for every major manufacturer on youtube for instance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KIal6Z-eWA toyota

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnFDT3iepaY mercedes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYz5WjXXYPQ ford

where is innosons?

Try not to be a dimwit, what are you manufacturing if all you are doing is assembling things other people (suppliers) have already manufactured or a design that wasnt your creation?

making body panels from flat metal sheets is manufacturing, assembling or welding together CKD parts that someone else has manufactured is assembly

what is manufacturing inside assembly?

2 Likes

Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by Obamaofusa: 3:57pm On May 13, 2019
BeautifulMind2:
[s][/s]

0 Zero..... production....because they have never produced anything only assembling.Do you have any other.
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by Obamaofusa: 3:59pm On May 13, 2019
Menance:
You useless meat sellers refuse to stop envy. If he was a part assembler and claims to be a manufacturer why havent the government or people who are able to feed thrice a day fished him out or opposed him. But you poverty striken pigs that cant even identify an engine block keep hating and displaying illitracy

You better go to school.I bet you only hawk chewing sticks.
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by RTSC: 4:03pm On May 13, 2019
zoedew:

Not quite. Truth is, manufacturing the engine block DESIGNED and made up of raw materials SOURCED by the company in question is when a motor company is said to manufacture a vehicle. It is largely the engine and body design patented to the company that earns it the right to be tagged a vehicle manufacturing company.
And most if not all of them don't manufacture their own engines.

Are they no longer manufacturers?
Is Peugeot no longer manufacturer?
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by donkossy(m): 4:05pm On May 13, 2019
Skyfornia:
Funny...it's like iya basira who owns a buka. She bought Maggi cube from another company, bought power oil from a company, Gino tomatoes from a company, dangote salt from another company etc just to prepare her sweet jollof rice. Someone will come and tell me that Iya basira is not the cook/producer of her sweet jollof rice because she bought items from other companies?

Just so you know...the popular indomie noodles that we all know outsourced some of the ingredients they use in making indomie noodles. Is it right to say they are not the manufacturer then?
u smart my guy
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by RTSC: 4:09pm On May 13, 2019
isthatso:

like yourself, trying to be clever by halves

yes they do, there is no major Automobile manufacturer that does not have its own metal stamping plant or/and have intellectual rights to the design. I was only giving examples of what is manufacturing and I specifically mentioned body stamping from metal sheets to body panels. I have already said all manufacturers have suppliers that supply components but to be considered a manufacturer you must MANUFACTURE the core of what you are selling (i.e the chassis and the body) otherwise you are merely an assembler.

THERE IS NO company considered an Automobile MANUFACTURER the doesnt manufacture it's chassis and body or was the one who designed the car and contracted out the manufacture.

you can see the manufacturing/assembly process for every major manufacturer on youtube for instance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KIal6Z-eWA toyota

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnFDT3iepaY mercedes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYz5WjXXYPQ ford

where is innosons?

Try not to be a dimwit, what are you manufacturing if all you are doing is assembling things other people (suppliers) have already manufactured or a design that wasnt your creation?

making body panels from flat metal sheets is manufacturing, assembling or welding together CKD parts that someone else has manufactured is assembly

what is manufacturing inside assembly?

You are the one trying to split hairs here.
Most of the process in your video is in annamco let alone innoson.
Innoson prints its logo on his metal sheets. Maybe you need to check his vehicle clearly and visit the site.

I am not saying innoson should not try to enforce more originality in design.
What I am saying is that it is not the most complex problem.
He has already cracked the most important part of the process which is the actual manufacturing.
Enforcing more originality should not be too difficult with government support.

Downgrading his work because the design looks familiar is wrong.

1 Like

Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by Chukwurah003: 4:10pm On May 13, 2019
Ooni:
Hatred and bitterness is our biggest undoing as a people. most of the people calling IVM an assembler are from our region the West. when Clinton extolled Emeagwali, we criticized him. when nnaji girl made a breakthrough with Lionheart, many of my people who can't even afford to feed criticized her. Now some of us are hating on innoson- a brand being patrionized by African countries, A brand that has brought pride to the country we claim to love. we have allowed Hypocrisy and hate to be deeply rooted in our sub conscious . we hate and can't help our selves yet we hate on others and claim to love ourselves. I find this distasteful.

See this mumu undecided
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 13, 2019
RTSC:

And most if not all of them don't manufacture their own engines.

Are they no longer manufacturers?
Is Peugeot no longer manufacturer?

my friend stop posting nonsense, Manufacturers have been sharing engines from the dawn of time. To be a manufacturer you must either be the one who designed the car or you manufacture your chasis/body. You must own something that no one else can get except from you. You cant be aseembly already manufactured parts UNDER LICENSE from a manufacturer who supplies you the parts and you call yourself a manufacturer simply because you change the badges.

There are many cars assembled across Africa that look exactly like Innosons because they are all assembling the same car from the same manufacturers in China under license using different names
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 13, 2019
RTSC:

You are the one trying to split hairs here.
Most of the process in your video is in annamco let alone innoson.
Innoson prints its logo on his metal sheets. Maybe you need to check his vehicle clearly and visit the site.

I am not saying innoson should not try to enforce more originality in design.
What I am saying is that it is not the most complex problem.
He has already cracked the most important part of the process which is the actual manufacturing.
Enforcing more originality should not be too difficult with government support.

Downgrading his work because the design looks familiar is wrong.

You do not know what you are talking about. the hardest part is the design, that is why you will see assembly plants all over the world but design centres are always in advanced countries. We have seen the kind of nonses we come up with in Nigeria and people post on Nairaland

I am done, the bolded part clearly shows i am arguing with a slowpoke.

let me make it clear, i applaud Innoson, they are an asset to Nigeria but they are not manufacturers...YET!! they will get there by God's grace, Rome was not built in a day but what they are doing now is assembly!!! End of!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Proof Of Ownership Certificate: FG Imposes N1,000 Annual Fee On Motorists / OEM Toyota/Lexus Spare Parts / NGK Spark Plugs and KYB Shock Absorber.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.