Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,794 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:43 PM

Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? - Autos (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? (35166 Views)

Innoson Has Started Manufacturing Heavy Duty Trucks From The New Plant (Video) / Another Car Manufacturer Emerges In AlaIgbo, The Competition Is Within / Inside Dangote multi Billion naira car assembling plant (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by BeautifulMind2: 4:17pm On May 13, 2019
Obamaofusa:

0 Zero..... production....because they have never produced anything only assembling.Do you have any other.
Otondo what do you call this, bitter tribe

Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 13, 2019
WHETHER AN ASSEMBLING COY OR A MANUFACTURING COY,HE IS DOING SOMETHING VERY POSITIVE AND NEEDS ALL THE ENCOURAGEMENT.
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 13, 2019
maoolakanm:
WHETHER AN ASSEMBLING COY OR A MANUFACTURING COY,HE IS DOING SOMETHING VERY POSITIVE AND NEEDS ALL THE ENCOURAGEMENT.

Agree 100%

1 Like

Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by oduz: 4:21pm On May 13, 2019
Kudos to Innoson .....

Kudos to ProForce ...

Kudos to JAC .........

Their Track records speak for them .....

It is not smart for any vehicle Company to manufacture all its parts ....

It is not smart for any Auto Co to import any part that it can source locally .....

The smart thing is to do a good needs assessment of the market, balance it with a Swot analysis of your Company & countries resources ....

Apple has proved that you don't Ned to manufacture a pin in your premises to be a manufacturer ....

The World is moving, it has changed from a 'Manufacturer's World' to a Marketeters world ....

Wether by research or intuition, if know what the market wants, & you can source it for a gain .... the world would patronize you , Now you know why Julia or Amazon does not have a showroom beyond the screen of your computer .....

If we want to move this country forward we need to support & encourage all these outfits as they lead to conquer the African Market .... & free it from Neo colonialists ...

The Auto Companies are not alone, our Banks should also be encouraged in their strides,

UBA is in 22 Countries

Ecobank is in 35 Countries

Access is in 7 Countries .....

Beyond Banking,
Cannot is spreading across Africa ..

Glo is also following ...

The next generation should prepare to take ALL these a notch further, not arguing about whether the shape of their head is flat or cone, or whether they eat Tuwo or Isi- Ewu ....

Meanwhile China is exporting their prisoners here as Construction Technicians, what they can't try in Malaysia ......

Let's sober up, & put on our thinking caps .....

The Land is Green ..... cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by Menance: 4:23pm On May 13, 2019
Obamaofusa:

You better go to school.I bet you only hawk chewing sticks.

you're a fool.. I'm more educated than your forefathers, you and your entire generation..
Go meet you mum she must be in need of the cutlass now
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by okwusdidi: 4:24pm On May 13, 2019
The truth is that the Igbo man would continue to dissapoint the Yoruba in this their false belief that they own the monopoly of success in Nigeria. I have seen how they have been struggling to run down Innoson with their comments without success.But the funny thing is that at the end of the day it's what is in your pocket that matters. Because you would not tell Iyabo your wife that Mike Adenuga is the owner of Glo and he his a Yoruba man when she asks you for money.

1 Like

Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by omega2128(m): 4:26pm On May 13, 2019
two companies claiming same vehicle.
BAW is the manufacturing company while INNOSON is assembling plant in Nigeria.
If BAW fold up today, innoson can't stand on it own.
every vehicles innoson claims to manufacture are on BAW website

2 Likes

Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 13, 2019
okwusdidi:
The truth is that the Igbo man would continue to dissapoint the Yoruba in this their false belief that they own the monopoly of success in Nigeria. I have seen how they have been struggling to run down Innoson with their comments without success.But the funny thing is that at the end of the day it's what is in your pocket that matters. Because you would not tell Iyabo your wife that Mike Adenuga is the owner of Glo and he his a Yoruba man when she asks you for money.

your problem is that tribalism controls your thinking so facts and sense will always elude people like you. I have made comments that Innoson is an asset to the country and that what he is doing is adding value to the country, I gave examples of lada and Skoda who started out assembling under license just like Innoson, I have said I hope he will get there eventually. But you want me to lie and say he is a manufacturer when he is assembling and if I dont lie i hate Ibos? Examine your mind my friend, what is doing you is deep!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by BeautifulMind2: 4:33pm On May 13, 2019
Obamaofusa:

0 Zero..... production....because they have never produced anything only assembling.Do you have any other.

Bitter mind kindly read grin

“I have been looking forward to this occasion because it is a special and historic day. I am indeed very proud and delighted to be at this occasion of the unveiling of the first Made in Nigeria car by the Innoson Vehicles Manufacturing Company Limited in this industrial city of Nnewi. We say Made in Nigeria car because most of the parts are manufactured here in Nnewi, because there is no one factory today that does everything. I have been reliably informed that today we are unveiling cars that have 70% local content. I am very delighted because Nnewi is the Japan of Africa.

“This town is the home of truly made in Nigeria cars. This is a milestone in the implementation of federal government’s auto policy under President Goodluck Jonathan. I commend you for your continuous investments and commitments which are clear evidence of your confidence not only in the economy but also in the transformation agenda of the President.”
With the above statements, the Minister of Industries, Trade and Investments, Dr. Olusegun Aganga set the tone for the unveiling of the long-awaited Innoson’s first truly Made in Nigeria cars. The sedan cars which come in three variants, IVM Fox, IVM Umu and IVM UZO, were formally launched into the Nigerian.

[b]Aganga commended Innoson’s ingenuity describing him as a genius, leading light and a leader in the auto industry in Nigeria who has the brain of two professors. [/b]He said “We are proud of you and I can also tell you that Mr. President is very proud of you. Any time we talk about auto policy, the first question he would ask is “How is Innocent doing? Mr. President is very proud of what you have done and what you are doing. Because of the local content and what he has done; he employs 1700 people in this plant; he employs an addional 4000 + in his plastic industry. In total, he employs about 7200 people. When you look at all the auto industry and in this coubtry today, Innoson is number one in terms of creating jobs. Innoson has the highest local content in the country today. As for affordability, we have the cheapest car in the country today. This is a very historic day for Nigeria. I hope you put it on the internet so that Nigerians can see.”
He said with the fall in oil revenue, Naira value and with a population of 170 million, Nigeria can’t afford not to produce what its citizen would consume. With what Innoson is doing, Aganga said government had been able to save 10% of $6 billion spent yearly on spare parts importation.

Aganga assured on federal government’s support and patronage adding that the new auto policy provides that government buys made in Nigeria vehicles. In order to further pursue the implementation of the auto policy, Aganga appealed to Anambra State government to expedite action in signing a C of O to fast track the establishment of motor spare parts components manufacturing company in Nnewi which currently produces over 60% of locally made spare parts.
Bank of Industry Managing Director, Mr. Rasheed Olaoluwa said the launch of IVM cars which will enable job and wealth creation and economic growth was a clear indication that the revolutionary auto plan is already bearing fruits.
He said BOI was very proud of Innoson as a man of integrity who had obtained facilities from the bank five times and repaid promptly, the reason he was inducted recently into the banks’ Hall of Fame and featured on the front page in its in house magazine.
In his speech, Nigeria Society of Engineers (NSE) President, Engr. Ademola Isaac Olorunfemi, comnended Innoson saying the launch came “when we have continually devoted time to evolving strategies for the development of sustainable automotive infrastructure in Nigeria.” He traced the relationship between NSE and Innoson to 2011 when the former president led a team on tour of Innosons facilities. At the end of the industrial tour, the company donated IVM 5000 series 15 seater bus to the society for assessment and feedback.
Automotive Engineers Institute, a division of NSE carried out the said assessment and certified it.”
He further disclosed that NSE had monitored steady progress IVM has made since inception in revolutionising the auto industry adding that with 70% local content, the company has demonstrated resilience while achieving a feat like no. With the feat, Olorunfemi announced that Innoson has been admitted into NSEs Hall of Fame as the 19th member in the society’s 60 year history.

He described the event as a landmark. He called on government to tackle infrastructural challenges, by giving easy access to loans to make local vehicles affordable and competitive.
Former Anambra State governor, Chief Peter Obi, couldn’t be happier and proud. IVM was one of the legacies of his administration to Anambra State. Besides being IVMs biggest customer and providing infrastructures for its take off, his administration enabled the company navigate through challenging moments that almost stifled the vision. In his vote of thanks, Obi, expressing deep emotions, thanked God for making IVM a reality. He paid special tribute to the federal government under President Goodluck Jonathan who commissioned the plant and the Minister, Aganga, who has been very supportive. He attributed IVMs success to Innosons doggedness and determination and assured of his continous support. Obi said beyond being the Japan if Africa, there were so many other industries in Nnewi which if given federal government’s support will generate the expected revenue for government.
He maintained that despite security challenges bedevilling the country, President Jonathan’s transformation agenda would change the economic fortunes of Nigeria. “We were not manufacturing cars before; today, we are talking of buying vehicles from Innoson,” he enthused.

Anambra State Deputy Governor, Dr. Nkem Okeke assured on provision of enabling environment and partnership with all well-meaning industrialists by Anambra State government. He said the only way IVM can thrive “is by patronage.”
In his welcome address, Innoson Group Chairman, Dr. Innocent Ifediaso Chukwuma said amidst speculations and doubts, he was determined to demonstrate that something exceptionally good could come out of Nigeria. He thanked Governor Obi, the federal government, Bank of Industry as the pillars on which IVM success stories were built. He revealed that the cars would be priced betweern N1.4 million and N3.5 million.
The event which was chaired by Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN) President, Dr. Frank Udemba Jacobs, also attracted corporate players, business men, banks’ representatives, clergies among many others.

Source: ThisDay

Publish Date:
Saturday, 6 December 2014

Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by COCKCROW: 4:36pm On May 13, 2019
pcicero:

Can you type this again without crying?

Igbos and victim mentality. You're even mentioning that Emegwali fraud, seems you don't even know some things.
Just get over it, the feeling is mutual. Don't pretend as if you love your western neighbors. We know you people so well.

Every small thing, you start crying tribalism. You want a nation of apes that do not question anything, you can get that in your Biafra.

AND THAT IS ALL WE NEED. TO LIVE IN BIAFRA, DIE IN BRAFRA, REJOICE IN BIAFRA AND CRY IN BIAFRA, SUCCEED IN BIAFRA AND FAIL IN BIAFRA, BE WISE AND MUMU IN BIAFRA. IT IS BETTER TO SUFFER IN HEAVEN THAN REJOICE IN HELL. NIGERIA IS HELL!!!!!!!!
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by RTSC: 4:37pm On May 13, 2019
isthatso:

You do not know what you are talking about. the hardest part is the design, that is why you will see assembly plants all over the world but design centres are always in advanced countries. We have seen the kind of nonses we come up with in Nigeria and people post on Nairaland

I am done, the bolded part clearly shows i am arguing with a slowpoke.

let me make it clear, i applaud Innoson, they are an asset to Nigeria but they are not manufacturers...YET!! they will get there by God's grace, Rome was not built in a day but what they are doing now is assembly!!! End of!!
So if innoson pays a Swis mechanical engineering company $20,000 for proprietary designs, it would suddenly become a car?
So you actually believe creating a design for a vehicle which is pretty set in stone anyway but with tweaks to ensure originality is more complex than the actual heavy manufacturing?

You are a nitwit. Don't bother discussing topics like this anywhere else.

You are ignorant.

1 Like

Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by BeautifulMind2: 4:39pm On May 13, 2019
oduz:
Kudos to Innoson .....

Kudos to ProForce ...

Kudos to JAC .........

Their Track records speak for them .....

It is not smart for any vehicle Company to manufacture all its parts ....

It is not smart for any Auto Co to import any part that it can source locally .....

The smart thing is to do a good needs assessment of the market, balance it with a Swot analysis of your Company & countries resources ....

Apple has proved that you don't Ned to manufacture a pin in your premises to be a manufacturer ....

The World is moving, it has changed from a 'Manufacturer's World' to a Marketeters world ....

Wether by research or intuition, if know what the market wants, & you can source it for a gain .... the world would patronize you , Now you know why Julia or Amazon does not have a showroom beyond the screen of your computer .....

If we want to move this country forward we need to support & encourage all these outfits as they lead to conquer the African Market .... & free it from Neo colonialists ...

The Auto Companies are not alone, our Banks should also be encouraged in their strides,

UBA is in 22 Countries

Ecobank is in 35 Countries

Access is in 7 Countries .....

Beyond Banking,
Cannot is spreading across Africa ..

Glo is also following ...

The next generation should prepare to take ALL these a notch further, not arguing about whether the shape of their head is flat or cone, or whether they eat Tuwo or Isi- Ewu ....

Meanwhile China is exporting their prisoners here as Construction Technicians, what they can't try in Malaysia ......

Let's sober up, & put on our thinking caps .....

The Land is Green ..... cool
JAC isn't a Nigeria Company

Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by shakespere: 4:42pm On May 13, 2019
Manufacture? Assemble? Major thing is if he has good vehicles to sell. I haven't heard anything bad yet about his vehicles, correct me pls.

Time Nigerian govt start making sure it is solely the Govt vehicles like they did Pan and Peugeot.

Finally, the company needs lots of PR.
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 13, 2019
RTSC:

So if innoson pays a Swis mechanical engineering company $20,000 for proprietary designs, it would suddenly become a car?
So you actually believe creating a design for a vehicle which is pretty set in stone anyway but with tweaks to ensure originality is more complex than the actual heavy manufacturing?

You are a nitwit. Don't bother discussing topics like this anywhere else.

You are ignorant.

each time you post you dig your grave deeper and expose your ignorance, do you how much it costs major manufacturers to develop a new model? It costs hundreds of millions of dollars to billions. The hard work is in R&grin , manufacturing is the easier bit. But you wouldnt know

one of the reasons Mitsubishi is still manufacturing the same old Pajero is because they dont have the money for product development and the car still sells.

$20,000 my arse what a nincompoop!
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by Purity79: 4:54pm On May 13, 2019
[i][/i]
NaijaMutant:
The federal Government needs to constitute a panel of enquiry, supported with EFCC and DSS to determine the above.

Its a national priority undecided

How can Innoson be deceiving us
U 're a lunatic
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by RTSC: 4:56pm On May 13, 2019
isthatso:

each time you post you dig your grave deeper and expose your ignorance, do you how much it costs major manufacturers to develop a new model? It costs hundreds of millions of dollars to billions. The hard work is in R&grin, manufacturing is the easier bit. But you wouldnt know

$20,000 my arse what a nincompoop!
There is nothing revolutionary about a motor vehicle. You are not designing a rocket.
It's a motor vehicle. I repeat it is a motor vehicle.

The complex part of the design is the engine. That is where the power is and that is the most technical and expensive part of the design.
The established auto dealers don't waste their time on engine design. They just buy.

And Innoson does not need to design his own engines too . He would just copy the likes of Peugeot and Honda and buy from German engine makers.

Guy, are you sure you actually went to school?

1 Like

Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 13, 2019
RTSC:

There is nothing revolutionary about a motor vehicle. You are not designing a rocket.

The complex part of the design is the engine. That is where the power is and that is the most technical and expensive part of the design.
The established auto dealers don't waste their time on engine design. They just buy.

And Innoson does not need to design his own engines too . He would just copy the likes of Peugeot and Honda and buy from German engine makers.

my friend go and read your cartoons or watch nollywood or whatever it is you do, I have had enough of you
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by RTSC: 4:59pm On May 13, 2019
isthatso:

my friend go and read your cartoons or watch nollywood or whatever it is you do, I have had enough of you
You are a nitwit.
One would think we are actually designing a rocket that has to defy gravity and other planetory forces.

Olodo oshi.
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 13, 2019
omega2128:
two companies claiming same vehicle.
BAW is the manufacturing company while INNOSON is assembling plant in Nigeria.
If BAW fold up today, innoson can't stand on it own.
every vehicles innoson claims to manufacture are on BAW website

End of discussion, some people just like making fools of themselves, arguing based on sentiment and not facts
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 13, 2019
Innoson is a car assembly plant, they manufacture nothing, just a higher form of keke assembly.

Innonsense. angry

2 Likes

Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by Khaleell001(m): 5:22pm On May 13, 2019
Ooni:
Hatred and bitterness is our biggest undoing as a people. most of the people calling IVM an assembler are from our region the West. when Clinton extolled Emeagwali, we criticized him. when nnaji girl made a breakthrough with Lionheart, many of my people who can't even afford to feed criticized her. Now some of us are hating on innoson- a brand being patrionized by African countries, A brand that has brought pride to the country we claim to love. we have allowed Hypocrisy and hate to be deeply rooted in our sub conscious . we hate and can't help our selves yet we hate on others and claim to love ourselves. I find this distasteful.

Bra, you can say anything you like ,but that fraud Emegwali is a no no for me.
And when has Clinton become a reference point when we talk about software technology.
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by maestroferddi: 5:52pm On May 13, 2019
Obamaofusa:

Sometimes I wonder that the only problem a lot of Igbos have is having a highly intelligent people like the Yorubas in the same space with them.

These are the only countries recognized as vehicle manufacturers in the world.
You can sponsor write-ups about your company or call it plane and vehicle manufacturing or whatever,you are nothing in the real world of vehicle manufacturers.

You only succeeded in making yourself sound dumb...

So if a list of, say, coca growing countries were to be published...

You tell me whether the likelihood of not having Nigeria in the putative list would negate the fact that coca is grown somehow in states like Ondo?

Can you see clearly the shallowness of your thinking/logic?

You stop making yourself look more ludicrous...
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by maestroferddi: 6:03pm On May 13, 2019
RTSC:

You have to cringe at the vacuity of these fellows!

They appear unwilling to come to terms with the fact a Nigerian is manufacturing vehicles....The last time I checked the auto industry is over a century old...

Why must manufacturing a car be a big deal to a black in the 21st century?

Are folks for real?
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by dcncorniels: 6:50pm On May 13, 2019
it deybpain dem say na Ibo man dey manufature vehicles for Africa
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by Sagay212: 7:09pm On May 13, 2019
Dey there dey argue whether na assembly or manufacturing. The man dey chop him money and that's the most important thing.
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by Obamaofusa: 7:38pm On May 13, 2019
isthatso:

Those Igbo guys are dumb,a lot of them probably.He posted a chart that Innoson had zero production of vehicles but still continued to argue that he produces.I just stopped answering them.Their dumbness is sometimes very irritating,I mean the ones on Nairaland here.
Small wonder because a lot of them believed they manufactured rockets,planes,armoured tanks etc during the civil war even without facilities.What a people..phew!

1 Like

Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by AroOkigbo(m): 7:43pm On May 13, 2019
Ooni:
assembling is part of manufacturing but manufacturing is not part of assembling. both terms cant interchange.
I hear. ..ok, mention ONE motor MANUFACTURING company in the world
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by portacabin: 8:08pm On May 13, 2019
rapper12:

Source: https://somto.com/innoson-a-car-manufacturer-or-do-they-just-assemble-cars/
Innoson assembles cars from known Chinese makes. But he has also gone beyond assembly, because he actually produces some steel body parts in house and some plastic parts like bumpers etc. Due to the volume of production, he can fully manufacture cars of less than 10,000 units annually. Technically, it's easier to manufacture large buses, because the body parts are straight
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by Ejanla07: 8:54pm On May 13, 2019
Obamaofusa:

Sometimes I wonder that the only problem a lot of Igbos have is having a highly intelligent people like the Yorubas in the same space with them.

These are the only countries recognized as vehicle manufacturers in the world.
You can sponsor write-ups about your company or call it plane and vehicle manufacturing or whatever,you are nothing in the real world of vehicle manufacturers.

is Lexus a vehicle manufacturer?
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by koolaid87: 9:00pm On May 13, 2019
It's not a bad idea to have an answer to such innocent questions

If you don't have the answer, pls shut the f up

1 Like

Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by Owen247: 9:53pm On May 13, 2019
Jxt imaging some people's illiteracy!!! ¡
Re: Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? by stieyven(m): 10:50pm On May 13, 2019
ikennamadu1:

Why are you foolish.. Must you type without tribal sentiments.. Try get sense abeg
He who calls his brother a fool shall be in danger of hell. Matthew 5 :22

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

OEM Toyota/Lexus Spare Parts / Proof Of Ownership Certificate: FG Imposes N1,000 Annual Fee On Motorists / NGK Spark Plugs and KYB Shock Absorber.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.