Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Buhari Visits Adeboye To Seek For Electoral Support - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Visits Adeboye To Seek For Electoral Support (6111 Views)

Aisha Buhari Visits Mbaka In Enugu (photos) / Adeboye To Pray For Buhari, Jonathan In Abuja Tomorrow - Vanguard / Osun Poll: 2 Eos Not Suspended For Electoral Fraud —INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Visits Adeboye To Seek For Electoral Support by shadrach77: 12:27am On Sep 23, 2010
In another development, a former head of state and presidential aspirant of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), General Muhammadu Buhari, on Wednesday, visited the General Overseer of The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Pastor Enoch Adeboye, to seek support for his ambition to run for presidency in 2011.

Buhari, who had a closed door meeting for one hour with Pastor Adeboye, said the visit was part of his political moves to seek support and understanding of religious and community leaders ahead of the election.

“This is not the first time I will  be visiting the pastor. My duty is to go round and see men of God and urge them to pray for the success of the elections and to also seek their understanding and support.

This is what I have done and I am very happy about the response to our request,” he said.

Commenting on the plan to change the election timetable to April by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Buhari said it was a welcome decision, adding that it would reduce rigging.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201009230658.html
Re: Buhari Visits Adeboye To Seek For Electoral Support by Nobody: 12:29am On Sep 23, 2010
This is good.
Re: Buhari Visits Adeboye To Seek For Electoral Support by Kobojunkie: 12:32am On Sep 23, 2010
I really hope this man campaigns and does it right cause my vote is waiting on him
Re: Buhari Visits Adeboye To Seek For Electoral Support by Nobody: 1:00am On Sep 23, 2010
good
Re: Buhari Visits Adeboye To Seek For Electoral Support by Solomon227(m): 1:13am On Sep 23, 2010
Now some1 is campaigning not like the Evil 1 drinking Zoning kainkanin like say na holy water.
Re: Buhari Visits Adeboye To Seek For Electoral Support by egift(m): 1:34am On Sep 23, 2010
Solomon227:

Now some1 is campaigning not like the Evil 1 drinking Zoning kainkanin like say na holy water.

Or President JEGA - doing combination and permutation with Governors.
Re: Buhari Visits Adeboye To Seek For Electoral Support by Osama10(m): 1:38am On Sep 23, 2010
Politics + Religion =
Re: Buhari Visits Adeboye To Seek For Electoral Support by Beaf: 1:44am On Sep 23, 2010
Osama10:

Politics + Religion =

Politics + Religion = Boko Haram
Re: Buhari Visits Adeboye To Seek For Electoral Support by Osama10(m): 1:51am On Sep 23, 2010
Boko Haram + Haram Boko =
Re: Buhari Visits Adeboye To Seek For Electoral Support by Solomon227(m): 2:20am On Sep 23, 2010
@ egift

egift:

Or President JEGA - doing combination and permutation with Governors.

What are u trying to say? If there is any1 among the aspirants as at today who has reached out to all and sundry it is GEJ. GEJ has visited almost all elderstatemen all over Nigeria even b/4 formally declaring his ambition, he has reached out to the new generation through his facebook account, he has even met with oppositions showing them why he is the best man for the job.e

PDP govs and other public office-holders are stake-holders and u dont expect GEJ not to woo them in his quest for the top job.

Buhari is doing fine by following GEJ examples. We have nothing against those who are campaigning for votes our problem are d frustrated aspirants that have stopped campaigning but only shouting Zoning Zoning Zoning Zoning
Re: Buhari Visits Adeboye To Seek For Electoral Support by 9ijaMan: 4:13am On Sep 23, 2010
Solomon227:

@ egift

What are u trying to say? If there is any1 among the aspirants as at today who has reached out to all and sundry it is GEJ. GEJ has visited almost all elderstatemen all over Nigeria even b/4 formally declaring his ambition, he has reached out to the new generation through his facebook account, he has even met with oppositions showing them why he is the best man for the job.e

PDP govs and other public office-holders are stake-holders and u dont expect GEJ not to woo them in his quest for the top job.

Buhari is doing fine by following GEJ examples. We have nothing against those who are campaigning for votes our problem are d frustrated aspirants that have stopped campaigning but only shouting Zoning Zoning Zoning Zoning

You must have been on his entourage to be so sure of his visits to "all elderstatemen all over Nigeria". Hmmmm, 9ja pple, !
Re: Buhari Visits Adeboye To Seek For Electoral Support by supereagle(m): 5:26am On Sep 23, 2010
It is president JEGA that will get our votes.
Re: Buhari Visits Adeboye To Seek For Electoral Support by Jakumo(m): 7:08am On Sep 23, 2010
Now this is really getting entertaining.  Ayatollah Mumu Buhari, that one-time Nigerian military tyrant who attained global notoriety by muzzling the press and tossing real and imaginary dissidents into airless cells where many ultimately died, and who decades later compounded his lunatic credentials by expressing an obsessive desire for Nigeria to become a fully-fledged Islamic Taliban rogue state, now cozies up to a Christian miracle pastor known for laundering embezzled government funds in exchange for bogus prayers promising impunity, all in a FUTILE AND DOOMED bid to reprise Buhari's dictatorial role for another round of kleptomania and sadistic repression.

Listen up Buhari, you repulsive, baboon-faced, murderous Islamic zealot, and listen closely.   You will NEVER attain any measure of political power for as long as you waste oxygen on this green planet.  You can run to Pastor Eunuch and bugger his rectal orifice till you are blue in the face, yet in the end you will continue to remain the CAREER FAILURE that you are cursed to be, until you die unexpectedly and flat broke from frittering away all the cash you looted as a Nigerian despot.

Rot in HELL, Ayatollah Buhari, you horrible, disgusting cretin, for that will be your final, richly deserved abode in due course.   Pastor Eunuch is too busy fleecing his glassy-eyed flock for fuel money to fly his luxury jet for him to ever give a rat's anus about your latest in an unbroken string of FAILED presidential toilet runs.  Die Buhari, DIE.  Ha ha ha ha ha.
Re: Buhari Visits Adeboye To Seek For Electoral Support by henry4uall(m): 7:52am On Sep 23, 2010
Jakumo:

Now this is really getting entertaining.  Ayatollah Mumu Buhari, that one-time Nigerian military tyrant who attained global notoriety by muzzling the press and tossing real and imaginary dissidents into airless cells where many ultimately died, and who decades later compounded his lunatic credentials by expressing an obsessive desire for Nigeria to become a fully-fledged Islamic Taliban rogue state, now cozies up to a Christian miracle pastor known for laundering embezzled government funds in exchange for bogus prayers promising impunity, all in a FUTILE AND DOOMED bid to reprise Buhari's dictatorial role for another round of kleptomania and sadistic repression.

Listen up Buhari, you repulsive, baboon-faced, murderous Islamic zealot, and listen closely.   You will NEVER attain any measure of political power for as long as you waste oxygen on this green planet.  You can run to Pastor Eunuch and bugger his rectal orifice till you are blue in the face, yet in the end you will continue to remain the CAREER FAILURE that you are cursed to be, until you die unexpectedly and flat broke from frittering away all the cash you looted as a Nigerian despot.

Rot in HELL, Ayatollah Buhari, you horrible, disgusting cretin, for that will be your final, richly deserved abode in due course.   Pastor Eunuch is too busy fleecing his glassy-eyed flock for fuel money to fly his luxury jet for him to ever give a rat's anus about your latest in an unbroken string of FAILED presidential toilet runs.  Die Buhari, DIE.  Ha ha ha ha ha.

@Jakumo, I don't think the man deserve all these ur outbursts. Is it an offense to seek support from men of God for political campaign?
Re: Buhari Visits Adeboye To Seek For Electoral Support by Jakumo(m): 7:55am On Sep 23, 2010
henry4uall:

@Jakumo, I don't think the man deserve all these your outbursts. Is it an offense to seek support from men of God for political campaign?

Point of correction, sir. Ayatollah Buhari sure in the phuck DOES deserve all I have said and more, MUCH MORE. Read up on Nigeria's history, circa the 1980s.

Die Buhari, DIE !
Re: Buhari Visits Adeboye To Seek For Electoral Support by Onlytruth(m): 8:31am On Sep 23, 2010
Jakumo:

Point of correction, sir. Ayatollah Buhari sure in the phuck DOES deserve all I have said and more, MUCH MORE. Read up on Nigeria's history, circa the 1980s.

Die Buhari, DIE !

lol. Jakumo never ceases to amaze me; but then again, I admit I don't know the guy at all. sad sad
Re: Buhari Visits Adeboye To Seek For Electoral Support by chosen04(f): 8:43am On Sep 23, 2010
supereagle:

It is president JEGA that will get our votes.

What do you mean by the bolded above . . . . . . .
Re: Buhari Visits Adeboye To Seek For Electoral Support by banom(m): 9:06am On Sep 23, 2010
chosen04:

What do you mean by the bolded above . . . . . . .

I am not suprise this kind of question is coming from my sister and sweet heart Chosen04, you are notorious for supporting dubious political aspirant with negative plans, i know some one like you can never support a very good man Like Gej, your candidate in this election is obviously babangida, the criminal who destroyed our nation in the 80s, just like the way you supported that short criminal called Dr Chris Ngige in our state election.

I am sure one day you will canvass for votes for Osama bin laden or India Amin.
Re: Buhari Visits Adeboye To Seek For Electoral Support by sojjy: 11:48am On Sep 23, 2010
Buhari still remain the best candidate among all the presidential candidates.I know he will surely fight corruption in our society.The best man for the job is Buhari.
Re: Buhari Visits Adeboye To Seek For Electoral Support by Pain(m): 11:53am On Sep 23, 2010
How much is the consultation fee now?

I heard it has been increased to account for inflation
Re: Buhari Visits Adeboye To Seek For Electoral Support by sope234: 12:03pm On Sep 23, 2010
it wont work
cry cry cry
Re: Buhari Visits Adeboye To Seek For Electoral Support by wyt(m): 12:06pm On Sep 23, 2010
i hope he paid his tithe in ar, without which no deal, the new policy applys also
Re: Buhari Visits Adeboye To Seek For Electoral Support by Vitality31(m): 12:52pm On Sep 23, 2010
Jakumo:

mehn Bros na which course you read for university or polytechnic or college of education? o boy you sabi curse person oo. see as you don curse this Buhari finish. mehn i remove my cap for you, You sabi curse too much. Well done
Re: Buhari Visits Adeboye To Seek For Electoral Support by Beaf: 1:11pm On Sep 23, 2010
[size=21pt]Buhari has very serious criminal allegations to clear![/size]

Shagari's regime (1979-1983), incurred Buhari's wrath when it decided to investigate the US$2.8 billion that disappeared from the Midland Bank, London account of the Nigerian National Petroleum Cooperation, (NNPC), . . .

On the 31st December, 1983, Buhari struck under the cover of the political commotion that trailed the presidential election results. Buhari generally had no agenda for leadership but vendetta against those he called critics and rabble-rousers. Buhari did not see any moral wrong in his conversion of our oil money into his personal use. Rather he railed at the press and what he described as the self-righteous sections of the country for making a big deal out of the issue. He locked up without trial, politicians and critics including Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, notorious for clamouring for the exposure of the oil money rogue. Satire saved my neck at the time. Vera Ifudu, who was an NTA reporter then, was sacked through his prodding as military ruler, for reporting what Dr. Olusola Saraki had told her in an interview about how the missing money was traced to Buhari's account at a Midland Bank London branch. Vera eventually won her case of wrongful dismissal in court against the NTA and was financially compensated.

Abacha rehabilitated Buhari with the chairmanship of the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) before he (Abacha) died in 1998. When Obasanjo returned to power in May 1999 as civilian president, he found that over [b]2.5 billion naira had not been properly accounted for in the PTF and that there was not much on the ground to show for the colossal expenditure the agency was claiming[/b]. On the day Obasanjo announced the scrapping of the PTF, a non-staff brother-in-law of the boss, allegedly serving as his conduit on some PTF projects, died suddenly from what appeared to be heart failure. Haruna Adamu, who was appointed by Obasanjo to investigate the PTF before finally consigning it to the dung heap, allegedly quickly pocketed one hundred million naira of PTF's money before operating table could be set up for him, thus forcing Obasanjo to hurriedly close the place down without further investigations. Buhari has been trying desperately since to return to power, perhaps to get a chance to shred the PTF documents?

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/34773/1/is-the-north-incapable-of-giving-us-quality-leader.html

US$2.8 billion and 2.5billion Naira are alleged to be directly traceable to Buhari.
Re: Buhari Visits Adeboye To Seek For Electoral Support by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 23, 2010
Beaf:

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/34773/1/is-the-north-incapable-of-giving-us-quality-leader.html

US$2.8 billion and 2.5billion Naira are alleged to be directly traceable to Buhari.

You sure can play dirty. ur JEGA is a saint. Quote me anywhere, Buhari's "stolen" wealth is no match to the Looting ur JEGA has done in the past and continues to do as we speak now.
Re: Buhari Visits Adeboye To Seek For Electoral Support by naso2(m): 1:22pm On Sep 23, 2010
******* Is it true that 40% of all PTF projects went to his NW zone and that he used that to win the hearts of the talakawas there since they thought ignorantly that he was financing the projects from his pocket??******** lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Buhari Visits Adeboye To Seek For Electoral Support by Beaf: 1:37pm On Sep 23, 2010
janus05:

You sure can play dirty. your JEGA is a saint. Quote me anywhere, Buhari's "stolen" wealth is no match to the Looting your JEGA has done in the past and continues to do as we speak now.

I have waited for a long time for you to say something sensible, but dude, it just seems that day will never come. There is no point making claims you can't back up like some market woman defending the quality of expired garri. Back up, or shut up.

Did you see a link I referenced? Did you see names like Fela, Vera Ifudu, Dr. Olusola Saraki and Shagari? Did you see read the mention of well known firms like the NNPC and Midland Bank London?
Those are the points you need to address, rather than talk crap like a brainless tweerp. Dude, grow a brain, but if you find difficulties in that lofty goal, there's always plan B; a chimp brain will serve you better than the anal thing between your ears, good news is, they do chimp brain transplants these days, so dude, go get one.

Re: Buhari Visits Adeboye To Seek For Electoral Support by Redman44(m): 1:50pm On Sep 23, 2010
I don't know what Pastor Enoch Adeboye tells these politicians and schemers when they visit him. I thought fundamentalist Muslims like Buhari do not respect christians cry cry Seeking electoral support from Pastor Adeboye does not guarantee Buhari victory at the 2011 elections. Nigeria is a very funny country. We keep seeing politicians who have achieved nothing concrete during their past spells in government consulting with our religious leaders when elections are close by. Sometimes, I wonder if the leaders we produce in Nigeria are a reflection of our mental abilities as a people. How many of the politicians that are gunning to occupy Aso Rock and State Government Houses have antecedents and the required experience to lead? I was reading the profile of Britain's Deputy Prime Minister, Nick Clegg, the other day and I was impressed with his experience and achievements as a leader of the Liberal Democrat Party. Our politicians suck big time lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Bunch of failures. Shior!!
Re: Buhari Visits Adeboye To Seek For Electoral Support by jude33084(m): 1:55pm On Sep 23, 2010
Pls I Want someone in here to correct me if I am wrong; is this
nt the buhari that made an 'un inform' statement in the past saying that christians should vote 4 christians and muslems 4 muslem?, or the meeting he's held with pastor Adeboye in closedoor is about converting Adeboye to a muslem Imam? undecided
Re: Buhari Visits Adeboye To Seek For Electoral Support by oderemo(m): 2:00pm On Sep 23, 2010
action speak loudest,
where was buhari during all these religious disturbances we had in the north. the killing of the innocent Nigerians in the name of religion.
Re: Buhari Visits Adeboye To Seek For Electoral Support by eros(m): 2:34pm On Sep 23, 2010
Hmmmm!!!! Politics and religion. A terrible combination.
Re: Buhari Visits Adeboye To Seek For Electoral Support by akacoded: 3:14pm On Sep 23, 2010
Politricks plus religion, God help us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Name National Library After Achebe: Reps To FG / Transformation Of Singapore From Swampland To Skyscrapers (pictures) / See The New Weapons, Armoured Tanks Buhari Sent To Finish Niger Delta Avengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.