Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) (49903 Views)

Man Tries To Enter A Plane Without Passport / Vladimir Putin Shows Off His "Bunker On Wheels" To Prospective Buyers At The G20 / 26 Unusual Vehicle Wheels And Tyres Spotted On Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 13, 2019
Re: Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) by MrSix: 4:13pm On May 13, 2019
Re: Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) by wealthyhenry(m): 4:14pm On May 13, 2019
Octopusssy:
Chai, see skillz!! You cannot beat experience. Never.

It reminds me of the Etihad pilot who was able to land with a blown out front tyre. The tyre blew just as he lifted off at Abu Dhabi. He radioed ahead that he was going to arrive Lagos limping.

When he was approaching the Lagos run way, he tilted the plane to the left (the blow tyre was on the right) and hit the runway with the left tyre. The plane taxied at full speed, tilted to the left.

He kept moving.

And moving.

And moving

I say he kept moving...

Finally, when he engaged the reverse thrusters, he slowly, oh, so slowly shifted the plane from the left tilt and righted it so that the blow out tyre was able to run without affecting the taxi.

All the emergency vehicles that were gathered on the runway in anticipation of a royal fvckup cheered the pilot as he finally taxied to a stop in style.

Whew! To be a pilot takes guts. embarassed
" I say he kept moving" that sh*t made me laugh grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) by etcsines: 4:14pm On May 13, 2019
It is the Lord's doing.
Re: Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 13, 2019
noblealuu:
This can only be God shocked
the same one that watched ethiopia plane crash This is a pilots work not god

2 Likes

Re: Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) by hamrof(m): 4:16pm On May 13, 2019
Octopusssy:

It reminds me of the Etihad pilot who was able to land with a blown out front tyre. The tyre blew just as he lifted off at Abu Dhabi. He radioed ahead that he was going to arrive Lagos limping.

When he was approaching the Lagos run way, he tilted the plane to the left (the blow tyre was on the right) and hit the runway with the left tyre. The plane taxied at full speed, tilted to the left.

He kept moving.

And moving.

And moving

I say he kept moving...

Finally, when he engaged the reverse thrusters, he slowly, oh, so slowly shifted the plane from the left tilt and righted it so that the blow out tyre was able to run without affecting the taxi.

All the emergency vehicles that were gathered on the runway in anticipation of a royal fvckup cheered the pilot as he finally taxied to a stop in style.

what episode of super story is this?
Re: Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) by sylva1(m): 4:17pm On May 13, 2019
Wow, this requires a lot of skill and competence and confidence. Kudos to the pilot
Re: Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) by Queenboy123(m): 4:18pm On May 13, 2019
kaen1317:
if na nigeria na obituary be that.
Pessimists

2 Likes

Re: Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) by HomeOfMe(f): 4:20pm On May 13, 2019
AutoJoshNIG:

It is very rare for a pilot to successfully land a plane without front wheels. The story of a pilot in Myanmar has been flying around and he’s being applauded and hailed as a hero for landing a plane without front wheels.

He landed the plane on Sunday with just the rear wheels after the passenger plane’s landing gear failed.

Myanmar Airlines Flight 103 was traveling to Mandalay from Yangon when the pilot became aware of the problem.

In a statement, the airline said pilot Captain Myat Moe Aung “followed emergency procedures and did the fuel burn out to reduce the landing weight,” before bringing the jet down onto its rear wheels, lowering the nose carefully onto the runway on which it skidded for about 25 seconds before stopping.

The airline also confirmed there were no casualties.

Following the incident, emergency vehicles surrounded the plane as it rested on its nose on the tarmac.

“The pilot did a great job,” Win Khant, Myanmar’s transport minister, told Reuters.

Source: https://autojosh.com/pilot-lands-plane-without-front-wheels-myanmar/

Honestly. If not for the purpose of travelling overseas,I don't see the need of boarding an airplane. The spate of air crashes these days have become very scary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) by VillagePipu: 4:23pm On May 13, 2019
HomeOfMe:
Honestly. If not for the purpose of travelling overseas,I don't see the need of boarding an airplane. The spate of air crashes these days have become very scary.

Story for the dogs.

More people die in road accidents in Lagos every week than air crashes all over the world.

You don't want to travel via air. How many times have you travelled by air that you're making noise.
Re: Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) by educators(f): 4:28pm On May 13, 2019
Re: Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) by freddyly: 4:28pm On May 13, 2019
Octopusssy:

He kept moving.

And moving.

And moving

I say he kept moving...

U must be a pilot or have some aviation experience to use those words appropriately ..i only understood u because i play a lot of airplane simulation games..lol

2 Likes

Re: Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) by HomeOfMe(f): 4:29pm On May 13, 2019
VillagePipu:

Story for the dogs.

More people die in road accidents in Lagos every week than air crashes all over the world.

You don't want to travel via air. How many times have you travelled by air that you're making noise.
You're very stupid Idiot. Why did you quote me if you didn't agree with my comment,you cld have simply ignored my comment. After all you're not the only one viewing this thread. You quoted me just to insult me without. What is the meaning of that? Did I steal your property. It will never be well with you and everything in this life that you hold very dear. O ni ri ba ti se,o de ni r'ona gbe gba. God purnish you.
Re: Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) by AngelicBeing: 4:30pm On May 13, 2019
VillagePipu:

Story for the dogs.

You have a point though , despite the air crashes we have witnessed in recent times, air travel is the safest means of transportation compared to traveling via roads
Re: Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) by kingkuntaval: 4:34pm On May 13, 2019
Kendumazy:
Mheen! That driver deserves a standing ovation.
DRIVER Haba na...
Re: Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) by SheikhMuniru(m): 4:41pm On May 13, 2019
Make Dem Call Towing Vehicle Remove Am On The Road, Our Plane Wan Land
Re: Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) by uuzba(m): 4:43pm On May 13, 2019
My brother in-law is a pilot.
I never even ask am whether this kind nonsense don do am, wey steering cut, tire comot from him hand.
smiley
Re: Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) by xcelentattitude(m): 4:43pm On May 13, 2019
Octopusssy:

He kept moving.

And moving.

And moving

I say he kept moving...

Warris dis grin the only thing I got is.....moving, moving and taxi grin grin

Shey you are a taxi driver ni grin

1 Like

Re: Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) by Isoduwa(m): 4:48pm On May 13, 2019
kaen1317:
if na nigeria na obituary be that.

Nor be only obituary why not cemetery

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) by Octopusssy(f): 4:50pm On May 13, 2019
hamrof:
what episode of super story is this?
Eye witness account.

1 Like

Re: Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) by Beemhan(m): 4:53pm On May 13, 2019
matify83:
Why are planes suddenly malfunctioning around the world?

Time was when plane crashes was an exclusive preserve of sub-Saharan Africa but of late, Russia, America, Asia have all joined the party.
It's still mostly happening in third and Second World countries though. Countries with a great deal of corruption and lower safety standards
Re: Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) by Beemhan(m): 4:55pm On May 13, 2019
Octopusssy:

When he was approaching the Lagos airport run way, he tilted the plane to the left (the blown tyre was on the right) and hit the runway with the left tyre. The plane taxied at full speed, tilted to the left.

He kept moving.

And moving.

And moving

I say he kept moving...

All the emergency personnel that were gathered on the runway in anticipation of a royal fvckup cheered the pilot as he finally taxied to a stop in style.

Why do I feel that you're the pilot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) by flowx(m): 4:55pm On May 13, 2019
prudentsolution:

What exactly are you trying to say?
even me self ayam not under
Re: Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) by nanizle(m): 4:56pm On May 13, 2019
VillagePipu:

Oloriburuku masanfani Omo aja. Oo ni kuure ode maa sesin ku ni.

See this pauper claiming you don't like climbing airplanes. You think airplanes are like the men you poverty stricken prostitute climb before you eat? Airplanes are machines, not your customers.

Oo ni kuure oo de ni se orire. Awon to mo e maa sa fun e. Awon to bi e maa se oriburuku ni. Omo aja Omo ale, Omo eran, omo oshi. Poverty would never depart from your lineage. Dumb hoe. O maa sise ku ni, o ni l'akojo Iwo omo ewure jatijati.

See finishing!

chai.
Re: Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) by VULCAN(m): 4:58pm On May 13, 2019
Stop trying so hard.

It doesn't look good on you

Grupo:
God took out the tyres mid air. He wanted to kill those passengers the same way he killed passengers of the Ethiopian airline Boeing 737. But the pilot saved them. Glory be to the pilot.
Re: Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) by toideve(m): 5:00pm On May 13, 2019
Kendumazy:
Mheen! That driver deserves a standing ovation.

this nor be keke o
Re: Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) by naijaschoolguru(m): 5:08pm On May 13, 2019
nanizle:

See finishing!

chai.
Sorry to say Bros, it's not finishing but childish. Sometimes in life, we will always have someone that will provoke us. We just have to control our angers, it's not a symptoms of a cowardice but level of maturity.
Re: Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) by RexTramadol1: 5:09pm On May 13, 2019
Grupo:

Mumu, so why did God take out the tyres mid air?

Man made plane

God made miracle

Got it? Or still doubting?
Re: Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) by Awesomefred32(m): 5:10pm On May 13, 2019
Bravo Bravo Bravo
Mehn, That pilot deserves all the accolades
shocked shocked
Re: Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) by olatunjithomas(m): 5:14pm On May 13, 2019
nanizle:

See finishing!
chai.

my brother even me self weak like this...
the finishing weak my d1ck

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Woman Acts As The Conductor Of Her Own Bus (photos) / The Destruction Caused After Dam Collapsed In South Africa (Pictures) / A Photo Thread Of My Relocation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.