Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,809 members, 7,827,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Apga Crisis: You’re Not Our National Leader, Okorie Tells Ojukwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apga Crisis: You’re Not Our National Leader, Okorie Tells Ojukwu (3728 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: Don’t Blame Kachikwu For Your Party’s Woes, Okorie Tells Tinubu / APGA Appoints Obiano As National Leader And Chair Of Bot / Controversial Mr Aye Dee Exposes APC National Leader - Bola Tibunu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apga Crisis: You’re Not Our National Leader, Okorie Tells Ojukwu by TewMuch: 5:33am On Sep 23, 2010
From CHIDI NNADI, Enugu

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Embattled factional National Chairman of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Chief Chekwas Okorie has kicked against political negotiations done by Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu as APGA’s national leader, saying that Ojukwu was just the party’s presidential candidate in the 2003 elections.

Okorie, in a statement issued yesterday in Enugu argued that referring to Ojukwu as the leader of APGA or chairman Board of Trustees of the party amounted to dressing him up in borrowed robes, which, he said, had caused genuine members of APGA tremendous embarrassment and pain.

He said APGA members nationwide had “endured for a long time the pain and embarrassment of watching our presidential candidate in the 2003 presidential election, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu drag the name of our great party into what is clearly his private political negotiations.”

He claimed that Ojukwu had declared support for the presidential ambition of General Ibrahim Babangida, where he claimed that he would lead APGA and Ndigbo to work for IBB, adding that following that claim that was widely publicized, a team of IBB presidential promoters paid him a courtesy call at his Enugu residence where he reiterated his support and claim to lead APGA into the IBB project.

Okorie pointed out that the constitution of APGA registered with INEC, which “remains the only constitution of the party known to the faction contesting for the leadership of the party, has no provision for the position of the national leader,” adding that it was, therefore, misleading to refer to anybody as the national leader of APGA.

“Dim Odumegwu-Ojukwu for all intent and purpose was the presidential candidate of the party in the 2003 presidential election. He is neither the de facto nor de jure leader of APGA. Similarly, Article 10 (10) of our party constitution states clearly that the party shall have a Board of Trustees consisting of at least 24 members of unquestionable integrity drawn from the six zones of the country in whom all the movable and immovable properties of the party shall be vested,” he said.

He pointed out that they have always appealed to the media to support the restoration of internal democracy in their party by discontinuing the unfortunate practice of addressing some members of the party with titles that do not belong to them or do not exist in the party.

“The regular reference to Chief Victor Umeh who is Dim Ojukwu’s foot soldier in the APGA leadership dispute as the party’s national chairman is one of the disservice certain sections of the media have continued to render to a hapless party in crisis.

“We wish to repeat that contrary to media propaganda, there is no court of law in this country that ever declared Victor Umeh as national chairman of APGA. There is no pending suit in which Chief Umeh is a party that will ever arrive at such conclusion because Umeh has not filed any application to be declared national chairman of the party,” Okorie said.

He also disclosed that APGA had already written INEC to give notice for its nationwide congresses and primaries for the 2011 elections in accordance with the provisions of the Electoral Act, saying that APGA would field candidates to contest for all elective offices in the 2011 general elections, including the presidency

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/sep/22/520.html
Re: Apga Crisis: You’re Not Our National Leader, Okorie Tells Ojukwu by MetalGong4: 5:58am On Sep 23, 2010
Chekwas Okories has no shame. He is still licking the political wound he inflicted on himself by embezzling APGA money and colluding with PDP (the illegal government of Ngige) against the interest of his party candidates who still have their cases in the election tribunal.

His actions through out these years have also shown that he is a real rogue. Despite that he has lost all the court cases challenging his expulsion, from the High court to supreme court, he still lays claim to the chaimanship of APGA as if it is his personal property. . . .  I only blame those journalists that call him a FACTIONAL chairman when there is no faction in APGA.
Re: Apga Crisis: You’re Not Our National Leader, Okorie Tells Ojukwu by bkbabe97y(m): 6:30am On Sep 23, 2010
Ah, Tewmuch! I didnt know u already posted this shameful Ojukwu scandal up here. My boy just sent it to me and I posted it up there. I'll delete mine. . . . Or, wait! Lemme leave it on there a lil longer, maybe when these Biafrans see the same topic twice (since once is never enough for their thick skulls) they'll now see that indeed Ojukwu has mortgaged their votes away to IBB for some money into his bank account!
Re: Apga Crisis: You’re Not Our National Leader, Okorie Tells Ojukwu by Guyman02: 12:24pm On Sep 23, 2010
Chekwas Okorie should hide his face in shame. I dont care about the status of Ojukwu, but for a man who lost court cases to be declared as the Chairman of APGA upto the Supreme Court and still parading himself as factional Chairman should be put in jail for violating court orders.
Chekwas should be told that Nigeria is not a lawless country. I could remember him conniving with Chris Ngige and Chris Uba to rob Peter Obi of his mandate in 2003.
Re: Apga Crisis: You’re Not Our National Leader, Okorie Tells Ojukwu by usbcable(m): 12:27pm On Sep 23, 2010
I predict within the next few hours this thread will turn into another tribal e-warfare between the ojukwu-isms/awo-isms/babngida-isms.

and surely the combatants(metal-g, 2mush, jarus e.t.c) are already warming up
Re: Apga Crisis: You’re Not Our National Leader, Okorie Tells Ojukwu by Ikwikwikwi(m): 12:58pm On Sep 23, 2010
shut your gutter
Re: Apga Crisis: You’re Not Our National Leader, Okorie Tells Ojukwu by bkbabe97y(m): 1:22pm On Sep 23, 2010
Hopefully, Okorie Biyyytch slaps that greedy, thieving Ojukwu on national tv
Re: Apga Crisis: You’re Not Our National Leader, Okorie Tells Ojukwu by bisiaet: 2:06pm On Sep 23, 2010
I am so impressed the way Okorie tell him off. In everyway as an Ibo I disagree in totality and absolutely with what Ojukwu stand for as a matter of fact I refuse to recognised him as anything than but as just ordinary Ibo man. This old ego man was busy with the already "cursed Babagida" who has sinned already building his unortured and uncontrlled nasty appetite for power while he (Ojukwu) is not even a PDP member and his own party has not even pull a stringe together and present a candidate for presidency 2011 it is so sad.

What is annoying me as per this Ojukwu of a thing is for him calling himself the father of all Igbo and be telling an Idiot a cursed man like IBB that he Ojukwu will drag Ibo to support IBB project this statement enraged me so much. First I as an Ibo man Ojukwu is not my father and will never be my father I know my own father I am not a bastard beside I am not even from his state so he know his own children so those who take as their father goodluck to them. Secondly he has no such audacity to say he will drag Ibo to support IBB project who is he going to drag? or who is he going to persuade for IBB? I think something is wrong with him.

How does it make sense that all the time we Ibo always love to settle for deputy, vice, assistant when it come to presidencyis Nigeria not for us all? I expect him as he called himself Igbo elder to say enough is enough let someone from east come out and contest for presidency either he loose or not even his own party no one yet and he is allowing one useless politician called IBB to be telling him oh!! 2015 is Ibo how many time do we Ibo want to hear that and so funny indeed he accepted it. Why cant IBB and all of them say oh let Ibo man be president now and we the North will be deputy? Are we Ibo not a humanbeign or dont we love Aso Rock? Waiting for F U C K I N G IMPOSSIBLE 2015 we shall see lets keep on waiting. Rubbish!!!!!!!
Re: Apga Crisis: You’re Not Our National Leader, Okorie Tells Ojukwu by oludashmi(f): 2:45pm On Sep 23, 2010
bisiaet:

I am so impressed the way Okorie tell him off. In everyway as an Ibo I disagree in totality and absolutely with what Ojukwu stand for as a matter of fact I refuse to recognised him as anything than but as just ordinary Ibo man. This old ego man was busy with the already "cursed Babagida" who has sinned already building his unortured and uncontrlled nasty appetite for power while he (Ojukwu) is not even a PDP member and his own party has not even pull a stringe together and present a candidate for presidency 2011 it is so sad.

What is annoying me as per this Ojukwu of a thing is for him calling himself the father of all Igbo and be telling an a cursed man like IBB that he Ojukwu will drag Ibo to support IBB project this statement enraged me so much. First I as an Ibo man Ojukwu is not my father and will never be my father I know my own father I am not a naughty person beside I am not even from his state so he know his own children so those who take as their father goodluck to them. Secondly he has no such audacity to say he will drag Ibo to support IBB project who is he going to drag? or who is he going to persuade for IBB? I think something is wrong with him.

How does it make sense that all the time we Ibo always love to settle for deputy, vice, assistant when it come to presidencyis Nigeria not for us all? I expect him as he called himself Igbo elder to say enough is enough let someone from east come out and contest for presidency either he loose or not even his own party no one yet and he is allowing one useless politician called IBB to be telling him oh!! 2015 is Ibo how many time do we Ibo want to hear that and so funny indeed he accepted it. Why cant IBB and all of them say oh let Ibo man be president now and we the North will be deputy? Are we Ibo not a humanbeign or dont we love Aso Rock? Waiting for F U C K I N G IMPOSSIBLE 2015 we shall see lets keep on waiting. Rubbish!!!!!!!

Hmmnnn shocked shocked shocked you dey vex for this your guy oo
Take it easy be4 your fellow Ibo start blowing you for denouncing your father him.
Re: Apga Crisis: You’re Not Our National Leader, Okorie Tells Ojukwu by MaziUche0(m): 3:25pm On Sep 23, 2010
Internal problem.

We Igbos know how to bicker, but at the end of the day, we still love each other. Go to any Igbo meeting in you will see insults and threats, but we all hug at the end.
Re: Apga Crisis: You’re Not Our National Leader, Okorie Tells Ojukwu by miketobo: 4:01pm On Sep 23, 2010
i have always said that the problems we face in nigeria are the ibos, i am not yoruba but if anybody including yorubas should insult awolowo in anyway he is finished. not to talk of sultan of sokoto, ojukwu is a respected and great ibo leader no matter what do not insult him i hate you people for ur terrible attitudes and yet not achieved anything in this country, too bad
Re: Apga Crisis: You’re Not Our National Leader, Okorie Tells Ojukwu by chosen04(f): 4:24pm On Sep 23, 2010
MaziUche0:

Internal problem.

We Igbos know how to bicker, but at the end of the day, we still love each other. Go to any Igbo meeting in you will see insults and threats, but we all hug at the end.

. . . . . . .And that is exactly what makes ''US'' THICK . . . . . .
Re: Apga Crisis: You’re Not Our National Leader, Okorie Tells Ojukwu by chosen04(f): 4:36pm On Sep 23, 2010
miketobo:

i have always said that the problems we face in nigeria are the ibos, i am not yoruba but if anybody including yorubas should insult awolowo in anyway he is finished. not to talk of sultan of sokoto, ojukwu is a respected and great ibo leader no matter what do not insult him i hate you people for your terrible attitudes and yet not achieved anything in this country, too bad

. . . . . .Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah LOL!!!!

If I were you I will campaign for a 'seperate home' land for the IGBOs, so that your so called problems of Nigeria will be over.

The last time i checked your grand father died fighting for the IGBOs to still be part of Nigeria . . . . . . . .That was b/w 1967-1970.

BTW. . . . . What is making your father vow that he will never allow the Igbos have their own seperate home land?/
Re: Apga Crisis: You’re Not Our National Leader, Okorie Tells Ojukwu by bignaija(m): 4:39pm On Sep 23, 2010
politics is very intresting
Re: Apga Crisis: You’re Not Our National Leader, Okorie Tells Ojukwu by bkbabe97y(m): 4:39pm On Sep 23, 2010
chosen04:

. . . . . . .And that is exactly what makes ''US'' THICK . . . . . .

Thick or Tick?
Re: Apga Crisis: You’re Not Our National Leader, Okorie Tells Ojukwu by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 23, 2010
The puppet master accidentally cut the string off a puppet is all. It'll be fixed soon.
Re: Apga Crisis: You’re Not Our National Leader, Okorie Tells Ojukwu by chosen04(f): 4:49pm On Sep 23, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Thick or Tick?

. . . . . . . . .I use to think you can SEE! . . . . . . .
Re: Apga Crisis: You’re Not Our National Leader, Okorie Tells Ojukwu by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 23, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Thick or Tick?

I think she meant thick as in lumberjack thick. I think Chosen was describing her physique.
Re: Apga Crisis: You’re Not Our National Leader, Okorie Tells Ojukwu by TewMuch: 4:57pm On Sep 23, 2010
Well the guy is just saying that the major political party in the SE, is not led by Ojukwu. So Ojukwu doesnt have the power to speak for the party or promise the party to any candidate. He made his point clear, i dont think he was trying to insult him. We must stop this attitude of elevating our elders to god status, or else these old men will keep giving us old ideas.He should go and head Ohaneze, hes too old for this political gra gra sef.I think he can wield more power in Ohaneze, but who will let him?

As a tribal leader i have never even heard him comment on the criminal instability in the SE undecided
Re: Apga Crisis: You’re Not Our National Leader, Okorie Tells Ojukwu by oge4real(f): 6:08pm On Sep 23, 2010
Igbo enwegh Eze.
Re: Apga Crisis: You’re Not Our National Leader, Okorie Tells Ojukwu by GBT(m): 6:22pm On Sep 23, 2010

Men THIS IS ODIKWA RISKY/DANGEROUS.

He said APGA members nationwide had “endured for a long time the pain and embarrassment of watching our presidential candidate in the 2003 presidential election, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu drag the name of our great party into what is clearly his private political negotiations.”

vERY VERY OBVIOUS THAT IS WHAT DIM DID
Re: Apga Crisis: You’re Not Our National Leader, Okorie Tells Ojukwu by chosen04(f): 6:49pm On Sep 23, 2010
Aigbofa:

I think she meant thick as in lumberjack thick. I think Chosen was describing her physique.

Ofcourse i meant ''THICK'' as in very friendly with somebody, especially in a way that makes other people suspicious. . . . . . .

just like in link below:: (the original link is from 234 next newspaper)

http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/56241-breaking-news-massob-dares-nigerian-gov-declares-biafran-republic.html
Re: Apga Crisis: You’re Not Our National Leader, Okorie Tells Ojukwu by bkbabe97y(m): 9:00pm On Sep 23, 2010
chosen04:

Ofcourse i meant ''THICK'' as in very friendly with somebody, especially in a way that makes other people suspicious. . . . . . .

Ibo english! In that case, maybe "Tight", "Close", "Buddies", "Family", "Comrades", or even "South-Eastern Homos" woulda been more appropriate. What the hell is "Thick"?

If English aint ur forte, u know, it aint against the law to phrase in Ibo. True, some of us might not understand what u trying to say, but then again, even when u (attempt to) write in english most of us dont understand yall anyways. . . .
Re: Apga Crisis: You’re Not Our National Leader, Okorie Tells Ojukwu by Onlytruth(m): 9:34pm On Sep 23, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Ibo english! In that case, maybe "Tight", "Close", "Buddies", "Family", "Comrades", or even "South-Eastern Homos" woulda been more appropriate. What the hell is "Thick"?

If English aint your forte, u know, it aint against the law to phrase in Ibo. True, some of us might not understand what u trying to say, but then again, even when u (attempt to) write in english most of us dont understand yall anyways. . . .

Hey nanny-goat, is that long grass you are chewing? Why not finish it first before looking for a mate?
The billies ain't running away. lmao. grin  cool cool cool
Re: Apga Crisis: You’re Not Our National Leader, Okorie Tells Ojukwu by marocguy(m): 9:55pm On Sep 23, 2010
chekwas shud go n sleep. dis ,man just dey overmake noise these days. pdp paid missionary in apga. we all knw him
Re: Apga Crisis: You’re Not Our National Leader, Okorie Tells Ojukwu by orbaxy(m): 10:23pm On Sep 23, 2010
Una too like quarrel pass fight, i wish one day Nairaland will have buttons and icons indication slap, punch, shove, headbutt, that will make it alot more interesting so the Awos sulking about that near-miss called Ojukwu can express themselves, cheesy
Re: Apga Crisis: You’re Not Our National Leader, Okorie Tells Ojukwu by bkbabe97y(m): 10:39pm On Sep 23, 2010
Aigbofa:

Flew over her head as expected. . . . . . .lol
Re: Apga Crisis: You’re Not Our National Leader, Okorie Tells Ojukwu by OwenG(m): 10:43pm On Sep 23, 2010
Two things we must understand;

1. CHEKWAS OKORIE is a BUNKOM. This man has lost EVERY case against the Real APGA led by Chief Umeh. The media continues to give him attention because of the stipends they get from him. His game plan is to continue to make noise until Peter Obi finally settles him (Obi has repeatedely refused to grant him audience despite several requests). He should just join the PDP.

2. OJUKWU has no authority to say that Ndigbo will support Babangida. We should not forget that it was IBB that saved Ojukwu from poverty when he gave back all of his (Ojukwu) fathers properties back to Ikemba few hours before he stepped aside. Ikemba has refused to share the properties with his siblings till date. Ojukwu will always be grateful to IBB.
Re: Apga Crisis: You’re Not Our National Leader, Okorie Tells Ojukwu by uyaiyen: 2:03am On Sep 24, 2010
igbo people una too like money.ojukwu no wan rest em eye still dey for hw to rule naija. cool
Re: Apga Crisis: You’re Not Our National Leader, Okorie Tells Ojukwu by MetalGong4: 2:38am On Sep 24, 2010
uyaiyen:

igbo people una too like money.ojukwu no wan rest em eye still dey for hw to rule naija. cool

And what do your people like? . . . lemme guess, laziness and imbecility.
Re: Apga Crisis: You’re Not Our National Leader, Okorie Tells Ojukwu by mensdept: 2:51am On Sep 24, 2010
Okorie is acting like a typical Naija politician. These guys no wan retire. And even Victor Umeh, na party chairman for life he be?
Re: Apga Crisis: You’re Not Our National Leader, Okorie Tells Ojukwu by bankol18(m): 3:03am On Sep 24, 2010
some idle and vile-mouthed morons just feel excited and hypersensitive when they surf through series of topics on Nairaland and hit on Igbo-related facets of Nigeria, aint that sheer envy? maybe thats the reason most of ya'll don't progress in life, SHIT

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria To Import Fuel From Niger Republic / Defining The Afropolitan / Leaked Video Of Hoodlums Thumb Printing During The Osun Election.!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.