Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,642 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

My Father Does Not Let Me Drive His Car Is This Normal? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Father Does Not Let Me Drive His Car Is This Normal? (2150 Views)

A Father Does Not Tell You That He Loves You. He Shows You. / Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? / My 4-Year-Old Niece Loves To Perceive Horrific Scents. Is This Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Father Does Not Let Me Drive His Car Is This Normal? by LOSKYXANDER: 7:45pm On May 13, 2019
So I'm going to be 24 by July. Immediately after my secondary education, just before i got into the university, I mounted pressure on him to send me to a driving school (he was reluctant about this and I didn't have money to sponsor myself) that was in 2012 can you imagine that it has been 7 years!!! After driving school, he kept on giving excuses concerning getting a drivers license. Kept on postponing the application, he would say things like "when you come back for the next holiday bla bla bla". All this while I was getting frustrated because the driving skills I acquired in driving school were disappearing already. Finally, I managed to apply and get the temporary license (2 years validity) in February this year, hoping that things would change but can you imagine that the license has expired without me using it for one day. It's only on very rare occasions on our way back from somewhere that he would park the car very close to our house gate on our street and ask me to drive the car to the compound (this is usually a straight road without bends and this usually occurs when we have a heated argument on the issue). I just finished service and by God's grace will soon leave the house to go and hustle as a man but I don't have quality driving experience on the road and this makes me feel bad. My dad is 62 and sometimes his friends would stylishly ask me " o boy don't you know how to drive? Look at how your father is stressing himself on the wheels while you balance at the passenger seat". I usually find this very embarrassing.
Am I the only one experiencing something like this?
Re: My Father Does Not Let Me Drive His Car Is This Normal? by BabangidaHamza(m): 7:58pm On May 13, 2019
Guy no be only you ohh.. My own was that I had accident when learning how to drive 2013.. And from that he keeps telling everyone I almost killed myself which is embarrassing from that day till now I just hate driving his car. I had a very hot argument with my mum for me not learning how to drive.. I made a promise to my self that I will drive my car not my dad's car..

2 Likes

Re: My Father Does Not Let Me Drive His Car Is This Normal? by neonly: 8:05pm On May 13, 2019
O boy u bi adult go and hustle and buy yur own car
From d look on things yur dad is very careful don't want you to spoil his car

15 Likes

Re: My Father Does Not Let Me Drive His Car Is This Normal? by LOSKYXANDER: 8:11pm On May 13, 2019
neonly:
O boy u bi adult go and hustle and buy yur own car
From d look on things yur dad is very careful don't want you to spoil his car
Is there any button to press in a car that says spoil undecided How can I spoil his car after going to driving school?

2 Likes

Re: My Father Does Not Let Me Drive His Car Is This Normal? by yvelchstores(f): 8:14pm On May 13, 2019
Buy your own car.

4 Likes

Re: My Father Does Not Let Me Drive His Car Is This Normal? by SageMK: 8:20pm On May 13, 2019
Your dad doesn't trust you enough to let you drive his car. Maybe you gave him a reason not too. Anyway, just work hard and buy your own car. That's what he did too.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Father Does Not Let Me Drive His Car Is This Normal? by Roland17(m): 8:30pm On May 13, 2019
Your post reeks of a ridiculous sense of entitlement!!! What makes you entitled to his car? Because you are his son? You are 24 and now considered an adult, focus on things other than driving a car that belongs to someone else. When you buy your own car, you can have the quality experience you are looking for and if it hurts you riding with him, enter okada, keke or trek with your legs and leave your dad alone to enjoy the fruit of his labor.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Father Does Not Let Me Drive His Car Is This Normal? by ojun50(m): 8:33pm On May 13, 2019
O boy you better stop worrying about yr father car nd start thinking of hw to start yr own life

2 Likes

Re: My Father Does Not Let Me Drive His Car Is This Normal? by Tallesty1(m): 8:44pm On May 13, 2019
Children of these days are blessed. During our time nah bicycle, we will ride and sweep the entire compound to cover the tracks

7 Likes

Re: My Father Does Not Let Me Drive His Car Is This Normal? by mercenary: 9:11pm On May 13, 2019
It's normal... He drives mine but won't let me touch his own... I got used to it and we're fine laidat
Re: My Father Does Not Let Me Drive His Car Is This Normal? by neonly: 9:19pm On May 13, 2019
LOSKYXANDER:

Is there any button to press in a car that says spoil undecided How can I spoil his car after going to driving school?

Hahaha bros u funny oooo
What if you scratch d body by mistake
Or hit someone or something nko just buy yur own car then do whatever you want with it
Re: My Father Does Not Let Me Drive His Car Is This Normal? by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 13, 2019
neonly:

Hahaha bros u funny oooo
What if you scratch d body by mistake
Or hit someone or something nko just buy yur own car then do whatever you want with it
na ajebor. Leave am. He even get luck say em father get motor sef, wey he Dey drag.
Re: My Father Does Not Let Me Drive His Car Is This Normal? by Originalsly: 10:25pm On May 13, 2019
LOSKYXANDER:

I mounted pressure on him to send me to a driving school (he was reluctant about this and I didn't have money to sponsor myself) that was in 2012 can you imagine that it has been 7 years!!!

Hmmmmm.....mounted pressure on his father to drive his father's car! Wow! I really can't imagine 7 years after at 23 you're still bitching and feel sooo entitled. Do you realize you're an adult?...in any part of the world? With this kind thinking at your age..... I'm not sure you can ever be a man...well ehmmm.... a manly man. Momma's boy loading.

3 Likes

Re: My Father Does Not Let Me Drive His Car Is This Normal? by mankettle(m): 11:05pm On May 13, 2019
imagine such effrontery. not allowing me to drive his car, why shouldn't he allow me? no be my papa get am? I must drive the car..
it is this thinking that limits one. go out, meet friends who have cars learn from them. go out go to mechanic sheds and learn from them. instead of you insisting on driving your PAPA's car.
I grew up with many cars but didn't learn how to drive until I bought mine so that if anything happens it is my money my stress, not urs.
let Daddy enjoy his car in peace

7 Likes

Re: My Father Does Not Let Me Drive His Car Is This Normal? by LOSKYXANDER: 11:06pm On May 13, 2019
Originalsly:

Hmmmmm.....mounted pressure on his father to drive his father's car! Wow! I really can't imagine 7 years after at 23 you're still bitching and feel sooo entitled. Do you realize you're an adult?...in any part of the world? With this kind thinking at your age..... I'm not sure you can ever be a man...well ehmmm.... a manly man. Momma's boy loading.
Who be this one wey no fit read simple English!! When did I use pressure and father's car in the same sentence? And you just decided to skip the part where I said I'll soon be leaving home. Please someone click like on his comment so he can have what he wants undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Father Does Not Let Me Drive His Car Is This Normal? by blank(f): 1:46am On May 14, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Father Does Not Let Me Drive His Car Is This Normal? by guitarlife2: 3:54am On May 14, 2019
I see babies, at 24 years your mates in ACCESS bank are driving there own brand new cars, you are here crying that you were not allowed to drive your fathers car.
You nor get sense.

Why not focus on your future and buy your own car and drive it.

smh over grown kids everywhere, people that have refused to evolve to adults.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Father Does Not Let Me Drive His Car Is This Normal? by Pavore9: 4:49am On May 14, 2019
If this is still an issue for you at age 24, I can imagine some other areas! angry

3 Likes

Re: My Father Does Not Let Me Drive His Car Is This Normal? by lilmax(m): 7:42am On May 14, 2019
bros move on

driving your Father's car no be achievement

dey your lane, be independent, he'll definitely come around, because you're acting too desperate

2 Likes

Re: My Father Does Not Let Me Drive His Car Is This Normal? by dominique(f): 7:57am On May 14, 2019
It's his car which he bought with his money, he can decide he doesn't want anybody driving it. Sucks, but it's the reality. No parent will allow their child(ren) cruise around with their car with only driving school experience. It's when you enter road that you will realize that driving with a driving instructor beside you is totally different from driving on a busy road where you're dragging road with buses, trucks, keke, bikes, pedestrians and (in some cases) roller skaters. Work hard, save money and buy your own car then you can decide whoever drives it

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Father Does Not Let Me Drive His Car Is This Normal? by Acidosis(m): 8:04am On May 14, 2019
Driving your father's car, driving/borrowing your friend's car, begging total strangers (even friends) for a lift, etc. when you can hardly feed or afford a bike, are some of the few things you shouldn't do or wish to do.

You're 24 man. It's time to organise and coordinate your life. you wan drive, you wan drive, where you dey drive dey go??

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Father Does Not Let Me Drive His Car Is This Normal? by Octopusssy(f): 12:35pm On May 14, 2019
Acidosis:

you wan drive, you wan drive, where you dey drive dey go??
Market
Re: My Father Does Not Let Me Drive His Car Is This Normal? by Richy4(m): 2:03pm On May 14, 2019
You don't have to depend on your Dad's car... Your dad might not have an insurance to cover it when it develops a fault due to some negligence that might come from your part... or if u hit other motorists ... It doesn't take much to figure out what he was trying to avoid assuming you were paying attention...

When u get a job, U will get a car of your choice...
Re: My Father Does Not Let Me Drive His Car Is This Normal? by Jagaban880: 4:18pm On May 14, 2019
because i dont have money to buy my own car for now....pikin no fit freestyle with him own papa car . again....na wa oooo for dis life sha
Re: My Father Does Not Let Me Drive His Car Is This Normal? by sacx: 5:01pm On May 14, 2019
'OP has entitlement mentality and is feeling entitled to driving his father's car'. So what? It's his father for God's sake! There's nothing wrong in him cruising around in his father's car since he hasn't bought one yet. Besides, most of the commenters above missed the point OP was trying to make. In this age an time, a driving skill is very important especially when you are starting life on your own. I've heard of someone that lost a job opportunity simply because he can't drive a car. Since his father owns one, one would expect that he at least try to be supportive in helping the young man better position himself to starting life on his own. If I can't go to my kinsman for support, then with whom can I find? This is OP's grouse!

And oga OP, there is no need getting worked up over this. Your pop already made it clear you are not allowed to drive his car. Live with it and move on! Go out there and make some cash and get yours. You are a man.

5 Likes

Re: My Father Does Not Let Me Drive His Car Is This Normal? by NoToPile: 5:16pm On May 14, 2019
This is not supposed to be an issue.
Re: My Father Does Not Let Me Drive His Car Is This Normal? by bigl: 5:29pm On May 14, 2019
LOSKYXANDER:
So I'm going to be 24 by July. Immediately after my secondary education, just before i got into the university, I mounted pressure on him to send me to a driving school (he was reluctant about this and I didn't have money to sponsor myself) that was in 2012 can you imagine that it has been 7 years!!! After driving school, he kept on giving excuses concerning getting a drivers license. Kept on postponing the application, he would say things like "when you come back for the next holiday bla bla bla". All this while I was getting frustrated because the driving skills I acquired in driving school were disappearing already. Finally, I managed to apply and get the temporary license (2 years validity) in February this year, hoping that things would change but can you imagine that the license has expired without me using it for one day. It's only on very rare occasions on our way back from somewhere that he would park the car very close to our house gate on our street and ask me to drive the car to the compound (this is usually a straight road without bends and this usually occurs when we have a heated argument on the issue). I just finished service and by God's grace will soon leave the house to go and hustle as a man but I don't have quality driving experience on the road and this makes me feel bad. My dad is 62 and sometimes his friends would stylishly ask me " o boy don't you know how to drive? Look at how your father is stressing himself on the wheels while you balance at the passenger seat". I usually find this very embarrassing.
Am I the only one experiencing something like this?

No be only u. If i told u what a friend's dad told him, u go just keep quiet jeje.

Just relax bro! And get something doing to gather money and get a small clean and neat car for yourself. Just be cruising it quietly and please don't tell your dad when u want to buy it except if you are still staying under his roof which i won't advise.

2 Likes

Re: My Father Does Not Let Me Drive His Car Is This Normal? by blank(f): 6:32pm On May 14, 2019
sacx:
This is OP's gross!

OP's grouse not gross.
Re: My Father Does Not Let Me Drive His Car Is This Normal? by LordPherule(m): 6:48pm On May 14, 2019
Not compulsory you use his car to learn. His car might be luxury and precious to him. Go out there and fucking earn it to learn elsewhere

1 Like

Re: My Father Does Not Let Me Drive His Car Is This Normal? by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 14, 2019
Typical male son.

Their eye dey always chook for their papa property. Nonsense and ingredients

6 Likes

Re: My Father Does Not Let Me Drive His Car Is This Normal? by sacx: 10:44pm On May 14, 2019
blank:

OP's grouse not gross.

Thank you. Checked
Re: My Father Does Not Let Me Drive His Car Is This Normal? by egopersonified(f): 5:38pm On May 15, 2019
As I get older, I want to be like your father. I rather employ a driver than for you to be forming big boy with my sweat.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Kids Can't Speak Local Languages: / They Let My Daughter Die… As I Watched In Horror — Bereaved Mum(pic) / "The Movie That Changed My Life"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.