Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals (28329 Views)

Be A Landlord In CHRISTAL VILLA Queen's Court Shapati / Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How / Landlord Blasts Outgoing Tenants Over Toilet Misuse: "Are These Humans Or Pigs?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals by chuks34(m): 1:36pm On May 14, 2019
ok
Re: How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals by chiboy1116: 1:36pm On May 14, 2019
Joromi12:
My neigbour selling catfish self build house
pesn wey no get money no go start catfish business .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals by dheaven: 1:48pm On May 14, 2019
There is money in some businesses people neglect because its nature.
Re: How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals by egopersonified(f): 1:50pm On May 14, 2019
Business location, very important.

1 Like

Re: How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals by onwardsoldier(m): 2:04pm On May 14, 2019
pek:
I guess this is just an inspirational piece and nothing more. Have we stopped to think maybe the woman got a lump sum as a result of her husband's demise and channeled it into the building? Or we just think it is child's play to erect a storey building from akara sales in few months from a loan of #50,000?

Lump sum or little amount of cash coming for her is about financial prudency. Most people don't invest into the future, they live by the day and forget what is to come. The Akara woman has judicious made use of what she has in her disposal. Abeg hail the woman for her doggedness.

9 Likes

Re: How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals by frbona: 2:05pm On May 14, 2019
missogechi1:
Congratulation to all my yesterday winners today is going to be better , DM or Whatsapp , It Available.
sell your games to your hungry father
Re: How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals by rockstar27(m): 2:11pm On May 14, 2019
MAY THE GOOD LORD GIVE HER LONG LIFE, PEACE OF MIND AND BLESS HER CHILDREN FOR HER TO EAT THE FRUIT OF HER LABOUR
AM HAPPY FOR HER UNLIKE THOSE ONES THAT THEY DON'T KNOW ANYTHING TO DO THAN TO COMMIT SUICIDE....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals by Pidginwhisper: 2:16pm On May 14, 2019
pek:
I guess this is just an inspirational piece and nothing more. Have we stopped to think maybe the woman got a lump sum as a result of her husband's demise and channeled it into the building? Or we just think it is child's play to erect a storey building from akara sales in few months from a loan of #50,000?
Jon snow
Re: How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals by stieyven(m): 2:17pm On May 14, 2019
frbona:
someone became a landlord from Selling akara, you dey nairaland dey find who you go scam!
Mumu
*spits*
He who calls his brother a fool shall be in danger of hell. Matthew 5 :22
Re: How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals by happney65: 2:33pm On May 14, 2019
onwardsoldier:

Lump sum or little amount of cash coming for her is about financial prudency. Most people don't invest into the future, they live by the day and forget what is to come. The Akara woman has judicious made use of what she has in her disposal. Abeg hail the woman for her doggedness.

You get it..Most people spend all the money as it comes in..All they do is to live expensive lifestyles

My sister once told me a case of one lady that sells recharge card few metres away from her office..she was working at the former intercontinetal bank then..She said this girl used to come save everyday at her bank.She already had a rapport with the girl..There was this day she came to make deposits as usual and she just decided to peep into her balance,she said this girl beside the road that sells just recharge cards and makes calls beside the road in Marina Lagos had over a Million naira in her account..And this was in 2007/08 or thereabout before intercontinental became Access Bank

My sister wey be Bank staff with suit for AC no get 1million Kobo for hand..She said she was surprised and amazed..By now am sure that girl wont be beside the road anymore..That is why I pity some people that think you have to be a Multi Millionaire before you build a house..Just Imagine..Some will even say na House them wan buy..At least if you want to buy a house,you must have had Ten Million naira at least sitting in ur account at one time or the other,You never get 10million you dey claim what is not..

This Life isnt what we see..At times we might get money today,tommorow we fit no get..Getting a house for example is an assest and something that can and will never ever depreciate..The Akara Woman get sense..She deserves a National Award

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals by ngwababe(f): 2:55pm On May 14, 2019
pek:

I just dey reason am too ooo but to build house cost??
Re: How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals by delishpot: 3:02pm On May 14, 2019
deolivette:
My mother-in-law built an impressive mansion from selling kolanuts and she’s currently building a second one...Sometimes when this woman mentions money, I will be like...from selling kolanuts? From one bag of kolanuts worth 200k can give profit or extra 155k
One of her close friend is the major supplier of most chinchin we all eat in traffic and that woman has bought an entire street in Agege Lagos. The first time I entered her chichin factory, it’s like entering a Chinese company. There were dozens of employees and they supply chinchin as far as Abuja. There are food sellers and clothes and children toys sellers who have over ten houses in Lagos, and these women are stark illiterates.
I sometimes wish I ever went to school and had not gone into staples or processed food supply like Lacasera or Beef rolls. The money these people make is insane!!!

Not too late to divert
Re: How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals by Sarang(f): 3:16pm On May 14, 2019
alizma:
That is a challenge. I hope those who thought they are earning small, including myself will learn from this?
I almost gave up on education after i lost my dad but while i was hustling around, i came across a family, the wife sell ice fish while the husband is a shoe mender, yet they had a child in one of the higher institutions in the state. Then one day i sat down to do plus and minus of their possible daily earning minus daily expenses, then the possible savings from which they pay rent and still had something left to plan their children education on. Then i looked at myself and said "John(not real name) is your father who is dead, you are not dead, live your life not your father's life". From there and then, i started planning and today, i can say though it was rough and though going through higher institution single handedly but Oja-sope(it ends in praise) at the end.
May God bless everyone struggling to live a good life.

Lalasticlala, pls do the needful

Good job buddy!��
Re: How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 14, 2019
pek:
I like to like your post a hundred times more.

1 Like

Re: How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals by MisterKings(m): 3:23pm On May 14, 2019
Its not about how much you make its about what you do with how much you make. I know a woman who is also a widow selling Elubo, she also has a house somewhere in Ikorodu. Some people are bank managers and can only boast of a fancy rented mansion and an exquisite ride. Some people are becoming landlords with the little they earn.

Dont be left out, key into this now. With N55,000 monthly you can own yours. You can also buy now and we help you sell in 12 months for a good profit
Call or Whatsapp me 08174223203

Offers still available

Re: How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals by servicecart: 4:05pm On May 14, 2019
pek:

Is possible, it depends on your daily turnover, and the cost of building materials and labour.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals by pek(m): 4:28pm On May 14, 2019
servicecart:

Is possible, it depends on your daily turnover, and the cost of building materials and labour.
*it's* not *is*
Take time to read the post again. What is/was her daily turnover? Minus five kids she had to take care of. Then factor the cost of building a storey building. Do the maths.
Re: How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals by frbona: 4:31pm On May 14, 2019
stieyven:

He who calls his brother a fool shall be in danger of hell. Matthew 5 :22
who ask you?
Re: How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:17pm On May 14, 2019
Tyche:
The street is littered with gold, you just have to come down to pick them
Hear! Hear!
Re: How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals by poseidon12: 5:21pm On May 14, 2019
pek:

I agree with you. We may not have heard the whole story.
Re: How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals by clemz85(m): 5:25pm On May 14, 2019
Hmmm! This sounds like the story of one of my Aunt, if you stay in ph and you are familiar with rumuola - timothy lane, her akara causes fight,

She was a tailor, her husband eloped with another lady but she tried got hold of their only son,

Now the boy is in private school, she has bought a land in ph

1 Like

Re: How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals by cocolacec(m): 5:25pm On May 14, 2019
Emp
Re: How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals by karlboss: 5:33pm On May 14, 2019
poseidon12:

I agree with you. We may not have heard the whole story.

I think it's possible money is just trust and also value. The woman collect firewood and other materials on credit. If people know you as a trustworthy person. There is nothing you can't achieve with money. The reason why banks give dangote money and not us money is majorly because of trust not even collateral

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals by mechanics(m): 5:49pm On May 14, 2019
God really use her to bless the akara business woman, she's really hardworking
Re: How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals by JeffreyJames(m): 8:17pm On May 14, 2019
pek:
*it's* not *is*
Take time to read the post again. What is/was her daily turnover? Minus five kids she had to take care of. Then factor the cost of building a storey building. Do the maths.

You really under estimate the sales of Akara, puff puff and fried yam at a spot that has students and works plying it's route daily.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals by onwardsoldier(m): 8:39pm On May 14, 2019
happney65:

You get it..Most people spend all the money as it comes in..All they do is to live expensive lifestyles

My sister once told me a case of one lady that sells recharge card few metres away from her office..she was working at the former intercontinetal bank then..She said this girl used to come save everyday at her bank.She already had a rapport with the girl..There was this day she came to make deposits as usual and she just decided to peep into her balance,she said this girl beside the road that sells just recharge cards and makes calls beside the road in Marina Lagos had over a Million naira in her account..And this was in 2007/08 or thereabout before intercontinental became Access Bank

My sister wey be Bank staff with suit for AC no get 1million Kobo for hand..She said she was surprised and amazed..By now am sure that girl wont be beside the road anymore..That is why I pity some people that think you have to be a Multi Millionaire before you build a house..Just Imagine..Some will even say na House them wan buy..At least if you want to buy a house,you must have had Ten Million naira at least sitting in ur account at one time or the other,You never get 10million you dey claim what is not..

This Life isnt what we see..At times we might get money today,tommorow we fit no get..Getting a house for example is an assest and something that can and will never ever depreciate..The Akara Woman get sense..She deserves a National Award

I concur with you jare, one need to wise up in all aspect. Mind you I bought my first property as an undergraduate back then when villagers at My school area were begging boys to buy land. I jeje use the little I got from my dry cleaning business to buy land at a student area. Ever sense I have merited the habit of saving and investing from my mother. When I see young guys buying cars and living expensive life, I just laugh and ask myself where have they hide there thinking cap. Well, not everyone wants to start small sha but the earlier the better one realize property investment is the best at any point in time.

1 Like

Re: How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals by OyiboOyibo(m): 8:48pm On May 14, 2019
Wonderful woman....The most inspiring story on Nairaland since 2014
Re: How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals by RayJinble(m): 9:37pm On May 14, 2019
God bless me please with a wife like this
Re: How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals by bukande: 2:27am On May 15, 2019
I know of a woman that have use selling of bole (unripe plantain)to bbuildings. uild house in ph

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos Of WTC Estate Commissioned By Enugu State Government / Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People / Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.