Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,304 members, 7,815,551 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals (28334 Views)

Be A Landlord In CHRISTAL VILLA Queen's Court Shapati / Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How / Landlord Blasts Outgoing Tenants Over Toilet Misuse: "Are These Humans Or Pigs?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals by Inception(m): 3:28pm On May 16, 2019
Pidginwhisper:
Jon snow

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals by Inception(m): 3:36pm On May 16, 2019
pek:
*it's* not *is*
Take time to read the post again. What is/was her daily turnover? Minus five kids she had to take care of. Then factor the cost of building a storey building. Do the maths.

Those guys make good turnover bruh.

with a capital of just 3k, they can easily turnover 5k in a day.

Do the maths.
Re: How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals by pek(m): 3:46pm On May 16, 2019
Inception:

Those guys make good turnover bruh.

with a capital of just 3k, they can easily turnover 5k in a day.

Do the maths.
Yes, let's the maths. Let's assume your dive thousand is what she really makes a day. Did you factor how much she will spend a day catering for five other mouths, basic necessities and other capital expenditures. What will be left in a month to build a storey building within six months?
Re: How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals by Inception(m): 3:57pm On May 16, 2019
pek:
Yes, let's the maths. Let's assume your dive thousand is what she really makes a day. Did you factor how much she will spend a day catering for five other mouths, basic necessities and other capital expenditures. What will be left in a month to build a storey building within six months?

do not seclude the possibility of spending more capital e.g 10/12k worth , in the mornings alone
what if it is also sold in the evenings( twice a day), which could make her realize over 10k profit a day? ( with a busy location, a large and loyal customer base, this is very possible). This alone can amount to close to 300k per month

And there is also the possibility of her diversifying to other sources of income.
There is also the possibility of belonging to a credit scheme to make her take short term loans
my brother, it is very very possible for her to build a house.

All it requires is very strict discipline and living a spartan life( like she did in the story).

she does not have a car( a huge liability), a month's profits can easily take care of the school fees of her children.
Re: How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals by Tyche(m): 8:54am On May 17, 2019
Casptainspecial:
Anything is possible in Lagos

The day I paid N1000 to an Aboki guy who pushes wheelbarrow and was expecting to get N900 denomination in return thats how the Aboki started bringing N500 & N1000 note from his pocket. By my calculation he get more than 5k in his pocket that prompted me to ask him. Malam na this money you make today ? He responded yes wallahi.

Only lazy doesn't thrive in Lagos

grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos Of WTC Estate Commissioned By Enugu State Government / Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. / Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.