Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1050788 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by GozyNA: 12:02am On May 31, 2019
Ologunsunny:
My school has replied Wes verification email over a week now, the only changes I see is that we have received your documents, we are reviewing your documents, I taught they ought to send me estimated completion time?

I wouldn't worry about it but if you can't rest easy you should get a One and Same Person Affidavit.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Avidreader748: 12:16am On May 31, 2019
Jemidun:
Dear All,

Please I have a tricky situation.

I applied to WES last year, and got my credentials (obtained from Nigeria) evaluated before the WAEC brouhaha.

In current year, I have applied for an evaluation of an additional certificate which I obtained from the UK.

My question is : Do I need to evaluate WAEC also?

No, you dont.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Masekid: 12:18am On May 31, 2019
PPR PLAYBOOK.

Disclaimer: I'm not much of a writer. So, make una take am as una see am o.

I grudgingly woke up this morning (28th May), did all my morning routines and I was about to step out when something in me told me to check my mail and viola! PPR mail was sitting pretty in my inbox. I couldn’t believe it!!! I was numb for a micro second.

Timeline:
-Decision to travel: Jan 2018

Never in a million years would I have ever thought that one day I'd be Canadian PR. So, in December 2017, my childhood friend who left for Canada in 2012 came home for xmas and after seeing my condition and also getting fed up of my constant rants about 9ja and life generally. In his words, he said "boboyi shey ori e pe sha, ki lon shi n shey ni country jakujaku yi", to translate "Guy, shey your head correct sha, wetin you still dey do for this yeye country". The thing is he has been hammering express entry to my ears since 2015 and was still shook that i had not taken any steps towards it. My thought has always been, where will I get the money to for the application, not to talk of POF (You should know that, I not from a wealthy family nor am I rich fellow). After the meet that Xmas with my wife and I, his words kept ringing in my wife's ears and she never let me a single moment of rest from then on till the new year. So sometime in the middle of January, I decided we give it a shot but then shinshin no dey account o.

After making the decision, God opened doors for our finances and some money came, i just diverted the funds to get our passports and register for IELTS in April.

-Applied for passport (family of 3): April 2018

9ja is truly a special country, chai! Getting passports was another war. The mistake I made here was going to ikoyi immigration office to apply for passport. Lord, it took 3 donkey months to come out, I should have gone to neighboring states to get the passports same day. Omo, you need to see the battalion of people at that office the day we went to capture. Sometimes, I wonder how many people will be left in this country when all is said and done.

-WES registration : April 2018

This was quite straightforward as we didn't have the WAEC ish then but trust 9ja universities na, they delayed on the verification of my wife's certificate for more than 8 weeks. Thank God we got it sorted sha becos it really made us uneasy at the point in time.

ECA REPORT: June 2018

-Received passports: July 2018

The period after collecting our passports was a tough time in our lives, I lost my job of close to 5 years. You see, i was based in Abuja and my family were in Lagos. I already had a tough life of travelling every other month on the road to see my family in lag, i tried flying a couple of times but mehn the expenses were to much for me, now, adding to the tough life I became jobless. I immediately packed my bags back to lag to stay with my family and started an interesting job of driving Uber/taxify since I had a car and i didn't want to sit at home and eat up all our tiny savings when jobs were not forthcoming. I must say i have met all shades of people while driving for a living, 9ja people can form and carry "shoulder pads" for no reason. It wasn't easy, I figured I had already hit rock-bottom and nobody could put me down under than I already was, I knew what my aim was and kept it cool and calm all through my driving days, like you must already know nothing in life comes easy! I wanna encourage someone out there that's feeling down and overwhelmed with the process, ONE STEP AT A TIME, AS LITTLE DROPS OF WATER MAKE A RIVER AND EVENTUALLY AN OCEAN and don't forget to lay your burdens at the foot of the ALMIGHTY GOD.

-1st IELTS BC: AUG 2018 LRSW 8, 7, 7.5, 6.5 (remark unchanged)

As you can imagine, when i saw the IELTS result above I was heartbroken and I found myself in tears in my car and after a few mins i thought to myself GUY!! why the hell are you crying. I cleaned my tears and drove directly to the nearest bank to pay for the next available exam and also pay for a remark.

Spouse’s IELTS: LRSW 8.5, 5, 7, 6.5

-2nd IELTS BC: SEPT 2018 LRSW 8.5, 7, 7.5, 6.5 (remark unchanged)

The second IELTS result wasn't as painful as the first. What went through my mind when I got the result was "Damn, I have just one more chance for this and if i didn't pass the next exam I would have to retreat for a while" because funds were seriously depleted. I registered for another exam and paid for remark again. I came to the forum to seek help for the writing aspect of the exam and @Arcugo came to my rescue with a link to a very good tutorial on writing.

-3rd IELTS IDP: OCT 2018 LRSW 9, 7.5, 8, 7

I was super excited, it felt like I had gotten PPR when i saw the result. I thank God for that. Immediately I got home that day i created a profile and ultra dived into the pool. grin

-CRS: 460

-ITA: Nov 18 2018

OK, in this section i'd just talk about how I put my POF in order as i feel this is the only part that's not as regular and straight forward as PPC, MEDICALS, WORK REFERENCE AND EDUCATION parts and also its the part a lot of people have questions.

POF DOCUMENT ORDER
PAGE 1- LOE explaining the fact the I'm using my wife's account to show POF and that the monies there are savings from both of us over the years.
PAGE 2- This page showed a table for the amount needed for a family of of three and the amount we were lodging as POF and also listing the other documents attached in the pdf.

PAGE 3- An xe.com page showing the then present day conversion rate for the amount we lodged in as POF.

PAGE 4- A reference letter from my wife's bank stating all the necessary info in CIC format.

PAGE 5- An investment letter showing our FIXED DEPOSIT.

PAGE 6- A deed of assignment for the piece of land property sold.

NO BANK STATEMENTS, NO PAYSLIPS.
PLEASE!! If you are showing POF in your spouse's account, please, attach a LETTER OF CONSENT FROM YOUR SPOUSE stating that he/she authorizes you to use the account. I have no idea how it skipped my mind as we eventually got an ADR for it.

-AOR: Dec 12 2018
-BIL: Jan 22 2019
-Biometrics done: Jan 24 2019
-MEP: Jan 25 2019

All the above processes from AOR to MEP were uneventful as the all came at the normal time. After, our ADR on FEB 4, then began the almighty deafening SILENCE. During the period I sent in CSEs every two weeks asking if my eligibility, criminality and security checks had started and I also called IRCC once. I got generic responses all the time.

-ADR: Feb 4 2019, To submit a consent letter from my spouse because POF was in her account. (ADR Submitted the-same day)

-Ghost update FEB 4 2019: ADR NOT APPLICABLE (NA)

-Ghost update May 25 2019: IP2

-PPR: May 28 2019, dated MAY 27. ( 5months, 2 weeks)
VO: OTTAWA

I wish everyone at their different stages of the process all the best. Though it may tarry but it will surely end in praise. Don't give up!

@ladymarshall @richness1104 over and out!

140 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Avidreader748: 12:29am On May 31, 2019
Masekid:
PPR PLAYBOOK.

Disclaimer: I'm not much of a writer. So, make una take me as una see me o.

I grudgingly woke up this morning (28th May), did all my morning routines and I was about to step out when something in me told me to check my mail and viola! PPR mail was sitting pretty in my inbox. I couldn’t believe it!!! I was numb for a micro second.

Timeline:
-Decision to travel: Jan 2018

@ladymarshall over and out!

Congratulations to you and yours sir!! It did end in praise. Go forth and replenish all that you've lost.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Mudicua: 12:34am On May 31, 2019
Hello everyone.
Please i am asking for a friend who has PR and wants to visit the US. But wondering if they have to apply for a visitor visa to US with a Canadian PR?

Your response will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Brownie1003: 12:35am On May 31, 2019
Congratulations! It has ended in praise. Your script is touching and really inspiring. You really deserve it. May canada favour you and yours.
Masekid:
PPR

Timeline:
-Decision to travel:

-WES registration : April

ECA REPORT: June 2018

-Received passports: July 2018

The period after collecting our passports was a tough time in our lives, I lost my job of close to 5 years. You see, i was based in Abuja and my family were in Lagos. I already had a tough life of travelling every other month on the road to see my family in lag, i tried flying a couple of times but mehn the expenses were to much for me, now, adding to the tough life I became jobless. I immediately packed my bags back to lag to stay with my family and started an interesting job of driving Uber/taxify since I had a car and i didn't want to sit at home and eat up all our tiny savings when jobs were not forthcoming. I must say i have met all shades of people while driving for a living, 9ja people can form and carry "shoulder pads" for no reason. It wasn't easy, I figured I had already hit rock-bottom and nobody could put me down under than I already was, I knew what my aim was and kept it cool and calm all through my driving days, like you must already know nothing in life comes easy! I wanna encourage someone out there that's feeling down and overwhelmed with the process, ONE STEP AT A TIME, AS LITTLE DROPS OF WATER MAKE A RIVER AND EVENTUALLY AN OCEAN and don't forget to lay your burdens at the foot of the ALMIGHTY GOD.

-1st IELTS BC: AUG 2018 LRSW 8, 7, 7.5, 6.5

Spouse’s IELTS: LRSW 8.5, 5, 7, 6.5

-2nd IELTS BC: SEPT 2018 LRSW 8.5, 7,

-3rd IELTS IDP: OCT 2018 LRSW 9, 7.5,

NO BANK STATEMENTS, NO PAYSLIPS.
PLEASE!! If you are showing POF in your spouse's account, please, attach a LETTER OF CONSENT FROM YOUR SPOUSE stating that he/she authorizes you to use the account. I have no idea how it skipped my mind as we eventually got an ADR for it.[/color]

-MEP: Jan

I wish everyone at their different stages of the process all the best. Though it may tarry but it will surely end in praise. Don't give up!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by GozyNA: 12:35am On May 31, 2019
Masekid:
PPR PLAYBOOK.

Congratulations bro. The best awaits you and your family in Canada.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by GozyNA: 12:38am On May 31, 2019
Mudicua:
Hello everyone.
Please i am asking for a friend who has PR and wants to visit the US. But wondering if they have to apply for a visitor visa to US with a Canadian PR?

Your response will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Yes he/she needs a B1/B2 visa to visit the US.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by adeagbeleniyi: 12:42am On May 31, 2019
Hobyno:

You will need to visit Waec to send your result to Wes while u fax your copy to them and also send scratch card for verification

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Masekid: 12:57am On May 31, 2019
I’m so sorry, I’m just seeing your request. Find attached a copy of the letter. It’s not by all means the standard because I just drafted it from the top of my head then. I hope it helps.

amoskitto:
Congrats Masekid. I'm really happy for you.
Please can you share the format of the spouse consent letter for proof of funds? I would really appreciate it because I need to do something similar for my application.

You can just copy and paste the format of the letter here in the comment section.

Congrats once again.

14 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jaybye: 1:55am On May 31, 2019
A big congrats. You made it!!!
deboks:
Its PPR!!!!!!!!!
I can't wipe the smile of my face!!!
Its been a long long long Journey... But as we say and as it has been true and trusted..." It shall end in praise!!"

Long post Alert!!

So...

Yes if you read my earlier post... immediately called my family not to tip toe any more... That it had landed... Ah you can imagine my mom's joy... It was more than mine... She said now when the extended relatives bring me up in their jist to mock her... She will say ... Eh... She dey obodo oyibio... They go shock eh!!! You know Nigerian and the respect they give you when you have a child abroad Lols.

IELTS:
February 2nd 2018 first attempt LSWR -7.5,8,7.5,7.5
March 26th (i think) second attempt LSWR -7.5,8,7.5,7
June 2nd 2018 third attempt LSWR -9,8,7,8.5

ECA
WES August 7th 2018

ITA
August 8th 2018

AOR
September 15th 2018

MEP/BIO
26th September & 11 October 2018

IP1
October 25th 2018

Ghost update : 10th May 2019

PPR
Told application by Call agent that it was approved 13th May 2019
Letter came in 27th May 2019 dated 27th May

Came to this thread in part 3 was active then but over the silence of the process i got drowned with emotions... But i am so so grateful to all of you.. The encouragement i got this morning was amazing and it came with the favor i needed. Thank you All!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by rotile247(m): 2:31am On May 31, 2019
Geebee5:

Thanks. Kindly have a look at the positions held since she gained employment. What do you think?

It's the job title or description you should state and not position in getting a similar NOC then align job duties/functions
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 4:24am On May 31, 2019
Hi guys. Pls I really need to know the exact dates for the Muslim public holidays next week?

Is it June 4&5 or 5&6?? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by DadR: 6:13am On May 31, 2019
Congratulations Masekid. I love your never-give-up spirit!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Adabekee005: 6:20am On May 31, 2019
Good morning. Please someone should answer a newbie ooooo I don't even know if you're seeing my posts sef.
Adabekee005:
Good day all

I've been a silent reader (I actually just figured out how to post on nairaland. I hope I'm doing this right)

So I received my first Copr on the 10th and submitted my passport to vfs Abuja last week Thursday.

- Apart from the letter from FRSC, what else do I need to get before leaving naija?
- Can I start applying for jobs now?
- My medicals will expire on the 1st of August, do you have any idea how long it takes to get the final COPR?
- Lastly, please can anyone add me to a beneficial whatsapp group for those preparing to land and those already in Canada?

Thanks and God bless.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by meelife: 6:44am On May 31, 2019
Good morning all,
If IELTS expires while one is still in the pool, does it make the profile invalid?
Can one upload a new IELTS weeks after in the same account or has to create a new account.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Edmontonlad(m): 6:47am On May 31, 2019
I like your determination.
It has paid off.
You are a Canadian PR now.
Go and enjoy your life.

Masekid:
PPR PLAYBOOK.

-ADR: Feb 4 2019, To submit a consent letter from my spouse because POF was in her account. (ADR Submitted the-same day)

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by amoskitto: 6:47am On May 31, 2019
Thanks a lot for your response; I do appreciate.

Regards

Masekid:
I’m so sorry, I’m just seeing your request. Find attached a copy of the letter. It’s not by all means the standard because I just drafted it from the top of my head then. I hope it helps.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Edmontonlad(m): 6:49am On May 31, 2019
Hi Titibaby

PM me for YABATECH.

Good morning

titibaby:
Help needed please. My brother-in-law is about to commence his ECA. Please can I get the contact of people that can help with transcript in LASPOTECH and YABATECH urgently. We want to complete the ECA as soon as possible.

I will also appreciate the contact of someone who can help with WAEC. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemblaze(f): 6:50am On May 31, 2019
Congratulations to you and your family. May Canny favour you.
All the best.

Masekid:
PPR PLAYBOOK.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by hipstar2: 7:05am On May 31, 2019
Adabekee005:
Good day all

I've been a silent reader (I actually just figured out how to post on nairaland. I hope I'm doing this right)

So I received my first Copr on the 10th and submitted my passport to vfs Abuja last week Thursday.

- Apart from the letter from FRSC, what else do I need to get before leaving naija?
- My medicals will expire on the 1st of August, do you have any idea how long it takes to get the final COPR?
- Lastly, please can anyone add me to a beneficial whatsapp group for those preparing to land and those already in Canada?

Thanks and God bless.

Congrats!
1. Original copies of your documents, make sure u have internet banking sorted for all ur accts, close the ones that you don’t need anymore, cancel subscriptions, if you have aged dependents, sort out their care, few clothes for the cold weather, ur beloved naija food,
2. Yes, depends on how soon u want to land as well.
3. E bad as e bad, 15 days.
4. Don’t know any WhatsApp grp but there’s a living in Canada as an immigrant group on nairaland. You can join nd read the thread.

All the best.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemblaze(f): 7:19am On May 31, 2019
I can only respond to the bolded question and I am sure you'll get answers to other questions there as well.
All the best.

Check out this link:

https://www.nairaland.com/4933819/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/134

Adabekee005:
Good day all

Thanks and God bless.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 7:23am On May 31, 2019
meelife:
Good morning all,
If IELTS expires while one is still in the pool, does it make the profile invalid?
Can one upload a new IELTS weeks after in the same account or has to create a new account.
Thanks.

No, it doesn’t make the profile invalid and you can always update your profile with the new IELTS results.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 7:25am On May 31, 2019
Masekid:
PPR PLAYBOOK.

-MEP: Jan 25 2019

Congrats Masekid!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by tolfa(m): 7:39am On May 31, 2019
The profile (scores)becomes invalid...you have to update with new results on the existing EE profile except it has clocked one year when it becomes ineligible
meelife:
Good morning all,
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by msbaileyz(f): 7:42am On May 31, 2019
Good morning everyone, I have a question about travel history... In a situation where one can’t remember all refused visa and dates, what do one do? Plus will the person include the visas on the previous passport post ITA?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Richness1104: 7:43am On May 31, 2019
Oh nice!!!!!! Noted for future use �������
Hobyno:

Please can you use blue pen to grade so we can still maintain the standard and uniqueness
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by itamkate: 8:02am On May 31, 2019
itamkate:

Wow! Thank you so much. I'm determined to leave this country within this year however possible, IELTS preparation in progress but I still have more questions.

1. I read about PNPand thought to myself while waiting and prepping for another IELTS, won't it be nice if I applied for PNP even with my low CRS of 387? If this is possible, do I need to create an EE profile first before applying for PNP? Will I need to pay for the application?

2. Can I subsequently update my profile in the event of a better IELTS scores?

3. Can I apply to more than one PNP?

4. How can I combine NOCs as I have experience that cuts across Technical Support, Customer Service Supervisor, Agricultural consultant and Forest Biometrics and Remote Sensing Analyst?

5. Please anyone that has Wasseynewest's WhatsApp contact or any phone number should kindly help me with it, I have been trying to connect with him without success and it's quite urgent that I connect with him ASAP.

Thanks.

Please can someone help me with the answers to these question? I'm begging! No. 5 is equally very important too.

Thanks in anticipation

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Drhym(m): 8:09am On May 31, 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by dmydee(m): 8:32am On May 31, 2019
Drhym:
I plan going to Canada soon for medical reasons, if I enter there am not sure I will be coming back. Is it possible for someone on visiting visa to seek asylum? I'm a freelancer though, I can be able to sustain, I have a diploma on computer and management science any advice would be appreciated.
Asylum??
Think it well o. You must have a solid proof of why you left your country. Since I don't know your condition, I can't say how tenable your reasons will be. Wetin I know sef
Seek the advise of an immigration lawyer.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Adunnee: 8:45am On May 31, 2019
Whatever stage you are on this journey, please don't give up.

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Vicolak: 8:46am On May 31, 2019
Thanks @hayoakins. This is sort of a relief, but please do we have anyone in the house who has evaluated CIMA (exempted or not), what's the equivalent?

hayoakins:

I used ACCA certificate. I was exempted from 6papers out of the 14papers and still got it evaluated as 4years degree equivalent while my ND also as 2years diploma passing as two or more certificates. I did not evaluate my HND, it was taking my school eternity to provide transcript (change of system story) hence I emailed WES to remove HND and replace with ACCA.

For anyone who intend to evaluate HND, you cannot evaluate only HND as WES will request for the ND also as it serves as a prerequisite for HND.
Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (693)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.