Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,576 members, 7,816,422 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2189191 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dekembabe: 10:09am On May 07, 2019
Yuyukoko:
Hello! I'm coming to Edmonton but landing in August and I'm getting scared already! You'll be my landed senior by then.... I'll be contacting you for how to... I really hope everything works out fine for you! Cheers!

hehe,I’m right behind you o,I hope to get my lessons from you too! Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by raphrulz: 10:55am On May 07, 2019
Ohh i see.. I'm just knowing about this oo.

Please, can you enlighten me on this.. does it mean that a person cannot just arrive and give birth in like the 2nd month after arrival??

19CannyMum:

You have to live in Alberta a certain number of days to qualify for healthcare. If it's found out that you moved out before the said number of days you would be asked to refund whatever expense you accrued.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by raphrulz: 10:56am On May 07, 2019
A course... The individual would go to CPA site and pay for it before he/she is granted access to do it online.

iaatmguy:
course or answer couple of questions, say 10-12 ?

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Hollarmighty: 11:10am On May 07, 2019
Thanks. Do you know anyone who has converted ICAN to CPA. Considering ICAN's relationship with IFAC. I can imagine the cost of conversion. Have u gotten a job.

raphrulz:
No paper.

However, you will do a refresher course (course on Canadian law and tax). All these cost money oooo... POF go juz dey reduce anyhow.

It's well.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by simeonaussie: 12:17pm On May 07, 2019
With CPA, he would be fine.
Hollarmighty:
Thanks. Do you know anyone who has converted ICAN to CPA. Considering ICAN's relationship with IFAC. I can imagine the cost of conversion. Have u gotten a job.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jadief: 12:38pm On May 07, 2019
Please I need a clarification on this. Can one claim sibling point for a sibling who did a soft landing and should be returning back to Nigeria in like 3 months. Will there be an issue if she gives an address but won't be there in some months time when they may need to do verifications. Anyone who has gone this route, please advise. Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Anikulapu: 12:46pm On May 07, 2019
@raphrulz congratulations. i have read all your post concerning almost all jobs in canada , pls do you have any info on teaching jobs. thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by raphrulz: 2:11pm On May 07, 2019
You would have to write some exams if you want to convert from ICAN to ACCA. Have not gotten a job yet.

Hollarmighty:

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Fadia: 2:13pm On May 07, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/5031893/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/319#77499290

jadief:
Please I need a clarification on this. Can one claim sibling point for a sibling who did a soft landing and should be returning back to Nigeria in like 3 months. Will there be an issue if she gives an address but won't be there in some months time when they may need to do verifications. Anyone who has gone this route, please advise. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 2:42pm On May 07, 2019
raphrulz:
Ohh i see.. I'm just knowing about this oo.

Please, can you enlighten me on this.. does it mean that a person cannot just arrive and give birth in like the 2nd month after arrival??

You can give birth the day after arrival self. It will be free.

But the healthcare is for residents. If you move out of Alberta without fulfilling the residency obligations you could be asked to pay back you medical expenses (how and if they'll find out, I don't know). Hashtag health care fraud.

2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by iaatmguy(m): 2:54pm On May 07, 2019
jadief:
the sibling you are claiming points on, for the basis of express entry, MUST BE LIVING IN CANADA AS AT THE TIME OF PROCESSING.
Goodluck

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jadief: 6:00pm On May 07, 2019
iaatmguy:
the sibling you are claiming points on, for the basis of express entry, MUST BE LIVING IN CANADA AS AT THE TIME OF PROCESSING.
Goodluck
[color=#006600][/color]

Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by TheAfrikan: 6:26pm On May 07, 2019
Hello...

Anyone going to Halifax July 11 via Ethiopian? ...

Need a Travel Buddy or Buddies... grin

Thank you...

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Iyamefa: 7:43pm On May 07, 2019
Newbeecey:
Wow!!! Thats scary. Someone mentioned though that after i get the PR card, it might be possible to claim back the hospital fees. What do you think? (quote author=canadaman18 post=78157326]

There is no way around this unfortunately

If you’re bent on landing in Ontario, you might want to take on the services of a midwife. They are funded to provide care to all residents of their catchment area, regardless of whether or not they have OHIP.
Midwifery services are covered for uninsured clients and there is funding for consultations and labs, but there are a number of other expenses that uninsured clients may face. Bottom line is - Childbirth in Ontario before eligibility for OHIP isn’t free but you can reduce your cost by using the services of a midwife.
More details here

12 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Yuyukoko: 7:57pm On May 07, 2019
Dekembabe:
hehe,I’m right behind you o,I hope to get my lessons from you too! Thanks in advance.
Lol. Pas de problem.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jadief: 9:19pm On May 07, 2019
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by cutieplum(f): 9:58pm On May 07, 2019
Hi, were you able to sort this out? Kindly revert back to me please as I also wish to be added to the group
seunlara:
How can I join the Ottawa whatsapp group
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by tadetobi: 10:05pm On May 07, 2019
I want to go to Canada but no money
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 234ng44uk(m): 10:25pm On May 07, 2019
tadetobi:
You wan go heaven but you no wan die

19 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by juicebox: 11:42pm On May 07, 2019
Hi Landed seniors. Please I have a question.

I landed on the 23rd of March
Linked my PR card application to my CIC account
My card shows that it has been dispatched on the 3rd of April 2019, but I’ve still not received the PR card.
Please is this normal?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by seunlara(f): 4:38am On May 08, 2019
Pm me ur number.den I will send it to admin to add u up

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jjohndoe83: 7:42am On May 08, 2019
tadetobi:
Truth is, some, if not many, people are doing this by faith. We do not have it all figured out as per financials. Yet, we are moving ahead and trusting God to meet our needs and provide. You can do same too, if you believe in God. Even if you do not, where there's a will there can always be a way.

Cheers.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GEJDHERO: 9:52am On May 08, 2019
Herneyholar29:
please has your friend left for Canada with the Solomon island passport now ?
Yes

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 10:58am On May 08, 2019
Oh PPR where art thou.... Oh God of PPR let it drop soon I pray

14 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by raphrulz: 11:12am On May 08, 2019
Lmao!!

234ng44uk:

You wan go heaven but you no wan die
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by hayor2014(m): 12:27pm On May 08, 2019
Please who is coming to Canada soon...I need the person's help in bringing my Naija drivers license,I am based in Calgary.. Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Oluwaseunbd(f): 12:48pm On May 08, 2019
Good day all...pls anybody in Annapolis valley nova scotia?please I need an apartment for a family of 4...any help pls...thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Anikulapu: 2:46pm On May 08, 2019
good day sir @salford reading all your post makes me feel i am calm and all wish i would be in position to help others , i have read all your post about jobs and your royal rumble stories. i am intending landing in august tho i have had my biometrics done and my application is going on smoothly, but i need to know about teaching jobs in canada bcause i have no plan changing career now cause i wish to know how their edu system work to be one of the best in the world. thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ummhalimah: 3:08pm On May 08, 2019
hayor2014:
Please who is coming to Canada soon...I need the person's help in bringing my Naija drivers license,I am based in Calgary.. Thanks

Me!!!! By God's grace and mercy. I am post Aor
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by queenieB: 3:11pm On May 08, 2019
TheAfrikan:
Hello...

Anyone going to Halifax July 11 via Ethiopian? ...

Need a Travel Buddy or Buddies... grin

Thank you...

Most likely traveling same day
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by tadetobi: 4:01pm On May 08, 2019
Pls do anyone know of this so called = travel sponsored programme in Abuja, asokoro to be precise

no 35 nelson Mandela str ,off ECOWAS Secretariat very close to vinotel hotel
Name of company: Maple leaf company
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by TheAfrikan: 4:13pm On May 08, 2019
queenieB:

Most likely traveling same day

Awesome,

Sent you a mail.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.