Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,779 members, 7,817,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1050645 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 1:38pm On Jun 02, 2019
It depends. If he wants to go through the self-employed route as a co-owner, he will have to get recommendations from clients, not just tax proof. Since the company has not been awarded any contracts, getting clients recommendations could be a challenge.

I think its better he uses the employed route since he gets a salary. His supervisor will write the letter for him. It is only reasonable to expect that the other director supervise his work before paying him his money.

Does the letterhead show that he is a co-owner? if yes, he has to declare co-ownership as a director. If no, let him use his managerial portfolio only.
Queencyco:
Good evening seniors,
Please I have a question that needs urgent attention.

If one jointly owns a company that was registered in 2015. That is the person is one of the directors.
The said company has been pursuing government contracts but has not been awarded any.
Money has not passed through the official company account but this fellow has been working hard to make this happen.

The company has been paying tax.

The other director has been paying him some money for the hard work.

Can he use such a job to claim points for work experience if his job description fall under the right noc code?

If yes, who will sign this reference letter?
Is he supposed to declare that he is a director in the company doubling as a manager?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 1:46pm On Jun 02, 2019
My pleasure smiley Our sister thread is a great resource https://www.nairaland.com/4933819/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant#74340339

The planning for Canada session post MEP/BIL also open your eyes to these resources.

Also each province have targeted resources for newcomers too. When you make up your mind on the province, check out what they have to offer. These programs are alternative to jobs to get Canadian experience. Many have been lucky to get good jobs pre-arrival or within first 3 months of their arrival. Core job search sites like indeed, monster etc should be your first resort, these programs intermediate and survival jobs you very last resort when POF is almost crying.

Volunteering will be a more tailored search. Just do a google search typing your career field or associations/companies in your field. Co-ops are also a form of structured volunteering. In fact there are organisations that specifically have a section on their website for newcomer professionals seeking Canadian experience, some pay a stipend, others don't pay.

Phaytie:
Thank you very much for taking out time to give this detailed response. Its really enlightening.

Permit me to ask please,...how can one find/ join these co-op programs, mentorship network, internships you mentioned?
How do we get these links to volunteer in career fields, so as to build the Canadian experience, as you mentioned?

3 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 1:54pm On Jun 02, 2019
Page 1 will answer your ECA questions

You can use your work experience but will have to provide LOE to explain the irregular payments in the "family affair"

Omotola222:
Hello house, please I would like to seek advise from the house. I have my BSc (Edu) and presently doing my Masters in Unilag but will be through toward the end of this year but God grace. Would like to know if I can start the application without my masters certificate at hand or wait till am through or just go ahead and use my BSc certificate alone to apply... please would appreciate very bit of advise...

Note: presently am not working and my previous job I had aside from the NYSC work experience was about 2years but salary was not paid frequently into my account because it’s a family affair. Please advise on how to go about this is also needed. Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 2:12pm On Jun 02, 2019
Lmao! You became skinny while waiting. For some of us skinny by default, we will turn to bones and skeletons then while waiting grin grin grin

Congratulations!!! Happy for you. You'll be our first ghost reader btw, the others are silent but in flesh grin

Journey mercies for your trip and all the best in Canada.
Whiteshirtsonly:
Hi all.. It's my turn to say � IT'S PPR
Promised my self I'd share my journey through the process.

[b]Time line:
SILENCE / WORRY (I became skinny)

As a ghost reader, y'all are great. When it's said to have patience and be prayerful, that's all that's needed through this process... Guidance and direction will surely come.

Received a mail that my profile had been updated, so my heart was doing #gbasgbos as I hurriedly logged in, thinking it might be another ADR.
I pinched myself several times to see I wasn't dream (a week before that I dreamed I received my PPR in a box, but somehow I knew I was dreaming, but that gave me hope when I woke up). Called my bro to read the letter... in case I was seeing double lol THE HAPPINESS WAS OUT OF THIS WORLD. Thanked God for his faithfulness, guidance and direction. I'm not very spiritual, but this PR success has changed me
I called family and friends to tell them the good news.

In other slightly unrelated news... God is the greatest, but satan been on his sh!t.... My phone fell and screen shattered, it also wouldn't stay on. Went to Saka Tinubu thinking "fix the screen and nudge the battery into place".. We know what happens with those boys, instead of spending 10k, I'm spending 30k lol I was calm... You won't see me to exploit soon. A good reminder why I decided to JUMP SHIP.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Richness1104: 2:18pm On Jun 02, 2019
Really?? That means I don’t have to worry anymore on how to write my PPR
ladymarshall:
Lmao! Haven't you heard the latest decision by the ancestors of this thread. They said PPR graders would not have their scripts graded by anyone anymore. They get a free pass cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ifeoma77(f): 2:30pm On Jun 02, 2019
GodownchildamI:
Yaaaayyyyy!!!!!! I scored 9/10 Thanks me lady!!!!

Haaaa!!! I fitint say that hanty Ifeoma is paranoid o, I was just saying pe we think alike.

Thanks for the well wishes

Hehehehehehe don't worry Sis, I can already see the headline; "hackers attack 3rd party GCMS vendors, millions of users' data vulnerable"
By that time, while they're panicking, we'll be like...

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Whiteshirtsonly: 2:32pm On Jun 02, 2019
ladymarshall:
Lmao! You became skinny while waiting. For some of us skinny by default, we will turn to bones and skeletons then while waiting grin grin grin
hehehe all the same, it will end in praise.

Congratulations!!! Happy for you. You'll be our first ghost reader btw, the others are silent but in flesh grin
Yasss.. Where my medal at!? cool It's only right to give back.

Journey mercies for your trip and all the best in Canada.
Amen Amen.. Thanks a lot sis
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ifeoma77(f): 2:34pm On Jun 02, 2019
ladymarshall:
Haha! Mama is back grin grin grin I missed you o grin
I've missed you more I swear!
I'm reading, trying to catch up, I see the work you're doing, laying the truth on them like jam on bread, kiss kiss kiss
Marking scripts like prof Umbridge cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ifeoma77(f): 2:35pm On Jun 02, 2019
SimpleDimples:

Yes oooo.

ECA process to commence soon
Yass! Rooting for you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ifeoma77(f): 2:37pm On Jun 02, 2019
johnnybravo1990:
I have a couple of question for seniors in the house. I got an update, and in my application status, Background Check changed from ‘We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information’, to ‘Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check’. This looks like my application process is going backward instead of progressing.

1. Should I be worried? AOR was in March; I passed medical exam on 3rd March and completed biometrics on 6th March 2019.

2. What stage of application am I—Ip1 or Ip2?

Current application status is as seen below.
You just entered IP1, the previous one was IP0 grin
Usually, this means your file has landed in a local VO. Try and check this week

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ifeoma77(f): 2:40pm On Jun 02, 2019
Stencil:
There you are!!! Strange how you miss someone you’ve only met online lol
That’s the impact Ify leaves grin

cheesy cheesy kiss kiss
In other news, we need to find a new supervillain to support, any recommendations? grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by venorite(m): 2:42pm On Jun 02, 2019
WarriBrandChic:
The form will be filled when results are out and you choose to use courier.

Yes, someone can pick up on your behalf but the person MUST come with your ORIGINAL international passport. They said it's company policy. So until you find the passport, your best option is courier.

Well my friend’s was picked up without his original passport. He just wrote a letter and attached the photocopy of his passport
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Richness1104: 2:53pm On Jun 02, 2019
Congratulations @whiteshirtsonly. Your story and timeline is inspiring and it is also exciting to see a ghost/silent reader come out to share their PPR story.

@ the bolded confirms what I keep telling people close to me that we are our own problem in Nigeria. Every average man is either corrupt or too greedy.

@Ladymarshall, just be ready to become bony since you are skinny already ������.

Great Job on your PPR write up, you practically touched every part of it. Your determination came through and you didn’t hesitate to share it with the world so I will be scoring you 8.7/10 so you can dash the 0.3 out to the custom officers on your way out in July.

Determination and perseverance is the soul of this Canada immigration thing.

I hereby celebrate with your family for this great feat and also thanking them for their support.

Whiteshirtsonly:

Time line:
[b]Decision to jump boat, August 2017 (I just couldn't understand and cope with the way we treat ourselves in this country
).
-
mes to see I wasn't dream (a week before that I dreamed I received my PPR in a box, but somehow I knew I was dreaming, but that gave me hope when I woke up). Called my bro to read the letter... in case I was seeing double lol THE HAPPINESS WAS OUT OF THIS WORLD. Thanked God for his faithfulness, guidance and direction. I'm not very spiritual, but this PR success has changed me
I called family and friends to tell them the good news.

When I got to VFS Lekki on Friday, the crowd... "Jesus! Everyone is freaking jumping ship" I thought. I got there at 10am, left at 3pm.

In other slightly unrelated news... God is the greatest, but satan been on his sh!t.... My phone fell and screen shattered, it also wouldn't stay on. Went to Saka Tinubu thinking "fix the screen and nudge the battery into place".. We know what happens with those boys, instead of spending 10k, I'm spending 30k lol I was calm... You won't see me to exploit soon. A good reminder why I decided to JUMP SHIP.

I'm leaving no later than the middle of July.

To all those, at whichever stage you're at, trust in God, have patience and it will surely end in praise. I've been waiting to say that.
I would try and give advises and lend a helping hand to people asking for direction on this thread, as I have learned a great deal from you all.

Peace!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by johnnybravo1990: 3:04pm On Jun 02, 2019
Ifeoma77:

You just entered IP1, the previous one was IP0 grin
Usually, this means your file has landed in a local VO. Try and check this week

Ewo! embarassed
Well, thanks for the info Ifeoma. I miss you o. Please don’t leaves us again o.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 3:14pm On Jun 02, 2019
grin grin grin I learnt from the best mama kiss kiss kiss
Ifeoma77:

I've missed you more I swear!
I'm reading, trying to catch up, I see the work you're doing, laying the truth on them like jam on bread, kiss kiss kiss
Marking scripts like prof Umbridge cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by etrange: 3:29pm On Jun 02, 2019
Happy Sunday Y'all!

Trust everyone is moving forward! I got this link for the francophones and francophiles:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2019/03/calgary-selected-as-a-welcoming-francophone-community-and-launch-of-the-new-francophone-immigration-strategy.html

This wait is killing mhen....

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by majamisile: 3:51pm On Jun 02, 2019
ladymarshall:

If the lady is a chronic anuptaphobic and her self-esteem is seriously dependent on marrying. One alternative is to travel first and then mumsy can help her find a lucky naija man who she will come home to marry and sponsor abroad. I don't usually advice this because true intentions are difficult to decipher, it's 50:50 I have a girlfriend who did this successfully but both families knew each other before one family relocated so there was familiarity before. They've been married for a few years and I'm expecting my first godchild grin I have another friend who did this but divorced after 2 months. Oga JJC was after paper not love and he couldn't even hide it or pretend grin Sis got crazy and sent him back. I assisted her with packing into her new home post-divorce as per new life, new goals grin grin
Another alternative is to hurriedly find a man and get married before she leaves Naija to satisfy her longing for companionship, calm any fears and make her mother happy. But like they say, "if you rush too soon, you rush too out" Divorce is not a big deal in Canada so why rush in?

@ladymarshall hmmmn, always giving a thought provoking angle to it all. There is no better way to look at this but from your apt and succinct angle regardless of how long the post is grin. I guess her major fears might be coming from the fact that her POF might eventually come from her parents and for this to work out she has to be on the same page with her mum. I guess the focus should be on moving on with the process and keep an open mind to it all. Her focus should be the future of herself and her unborn children when she eventually find the right spouse especially if she is anuptaphobic. I wish her the best going forward.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Whiteshirtsonly: 4:18pm On Jun 02, 2019
Richness1104:
Congratulations @whiteshirtsonly. Your story and timeline is inspiring and it is also exciting to see a ghost/silent reader come out to share their PPR story.
A very big thank you cheesy

@ the bolded confirms what I keep telling people close to me that we are our own problem in Nigeria. Every average man is either corrupt or too greedy.
Yea,it's really just sad. No unity, love or respect for one another. Hopefully we'd be able to learn a few from other cultures and find a way to uplift Nigeria in the nearest future

@Ladymarshall, just be ready to become bony since you are skinny already ������.

Great Job on your PPR write up, you practically touched every part of it. Your determination came through and you didn’t hesitate to share it with the world so I will be scoring you 8.7/10 so you can dash the 0.3 out to the custom officers on your way out in July.

Determination and perseverance is the soul of this Canada immigration thing.

I hereby celebrate with your family for this great feat and also thanking them for their support.

grin Not a bad score, I dash the next PPR ghost reader / storyteller 0.7 as inspiration to others grin
Thanks a lot again for the well wishes smiley

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by johnnybravo1990: 4:21pm On Jun 02, 2019
majamisile:

@Her focus should be the future of herself and her unborn children when she eventually find the right spouse especially if she is anuptaphobic. I wish her the best going forward.
Anuptaphobic—why can’t I find it in my dictionary? Where did this word come from?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by muyiroro: 4:32pm On Jun 02, 2019
Happy Sunday to you all, pls what documents can I use to claim 200 point for having 1st corsin in Manitoba. Since we don't answer same surname.

My NOC 2228 Computer Network Technician is one of the high demand profession in Manitoba.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Chrisdada16(f): 4:36pm On Jun 02, 2019
Topsmamen:

Nice! Welcome back! You’ve been missedsmiley

Talking about reference letter please can my LI give me a reference letter since I want to claim point for nysc. I served at the local government council. And the only person I was reporting to was my LI....like his secretary.
Please sir can you help with your suggestion
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by charlione(m): 4:40pm On Jun 02, 2019
Please I requested for EOR after I scored 8.5, 7,7,7.5 in my first IELTS exam. I got notification that it is ready and sent someone there. After looking for it for a while, they gave him the same IELTS result I have earlier received and which I sent back to them along with my EOR request form. Please those who have done EOR should help confirm if this is normal or they gave him the wrong result? It seems they are very disorganized at the British Council PH office. Can the EOR result be the same IELTS result i previously received bearing the same date etc.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by majamisile: 4:42pm On Jun 02, 2019
johnnybravo1990:

Anuptaphobic—why can’t I find it in my dictionary? Where did this word come from?

cheesy grin The one and only English Marshall will come and weigh in on this soon because me just borrow the word from her ni. I guess it must have originated from the word Anuptaphobia wey I see for my dictionary grin grin. English chairmen!!

P.S. Kudos on the good job you are doing on helping to improving IELTS faithfuls band score. God's blessings and speedy PPR boss.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Debsify: 5:21pm On Jun 02, 2019
Whiteshirtsonly:

Peace!
Congrats

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by olabellruk: 5:25pm On Jun 02, 2019
For wia.

Na we be ancestor o. And we no talk so. If u know' u know grin grin cheesy

ladymarshall:
Lmao! Haven't you heard the latest decision by the ancestors of this thread. They said PPR graders would not have their scripts graded by anyone anymore. They get a free pass cheesy grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Temas: 5:31pm On Jun 02, 2019
Rhems01:

Thank you. I've already gotten my Pcc. I want to know if they filled in Turkey or Cyprus as North Cyprus doesn't appear on the drop down list.

pick Cyprus...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Scandinavian02: 5:33pm On Jun 02, 2019
Finally submitted my Application after 31 days.

Hoping for the best!

27 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemblaze(f): 5:44pm On Jun 02, 2019
Congratulation to you abd thanks for sharing for story even though you were a ghost reader..lolss. May Canny favour you. Safe trip...cant wait to read your landing gist in the sister thread.

Lols @ i became skinny

All the best and enjoy your new home.

Whiteshirtsonly:

Time line:
Decision to jump boat, August 2017 (I just couldn't understand and cope with the way we treat ourselves in this country).

WES - Oct. 2019

1st IELTS Oct. 2017 - Fell short in Listening by 0.5
2nd IELTS Feb. 2018 - Fell short in Reading by 0.5
3rd IELMEP - Dec. 27/28, 2018 (didn't notice any ghost updates)
SILENCE / WORRY ([b]I became skinny)

Peace!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemblaze(f): 5:46pm On Jun 02, 2019
Wish you speedy process...
All the best.

Scandinavian02:
Finally submitted my Application after 31 days.

Hoping for the best!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by samspella(m): 5:49pm On Jun 02, 2019
Avidreader748:

Yes, at the bolded.

Thank you.

Please house I need answer to the below too.

My wife had IDPM certificate just two weeks after getting her HND assessed by WES, does she need to do ECA of the IDPM or she will be allowed to use to work in Canada?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemblaze(f): 5:56pm On Jun 02, 2019
Yes only if its a foreign degree.

onyekakingsley:
so WES can evaluate only M.Sc result without sending his/her WAEC result
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemblaze(f): 6:10pm On Jun 02, 2019
Amen ooooo...when @Whiteshirtsonly said "skinny".....I wonder what people like us who are still under IELTS shackles should say ooo
"Skelenton yoyo"..lolss
We sha will be alright laslas grin

ladymarshall:
Thank you sis kiss

I'm rooting for you. You will testify in the next results. All the best.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (693)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.