Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,177 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1052516 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 5:52am On Jun 02, 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by WarriBrandChic: 6:50am On Jun 02, 2019
The form will be filled when results are out and you choose to use courier.

Yes, someone can pick up on your behalf but the person MUST come with your ORIGINAL international passport. They said it's company policy. So until you find the passport, your best option is courier.

venorite:

I didn’t fill a form.

Also I saw on their notice board that it can be picked up by someone
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by beabeasquare: 6:56am On Jun 02, 2019
There is nothing like IP1 or IP2 anymore. The change you saw is normal, you can either see the change or BC remains. People recently got PPR with either. The fact is there is a progress in your application. To know the exact status, either raise a CSE or call IRCC.

johnnybravo1990:
I have a couple of question for seniors in the house. I got an update, and in my application status, Background Check changed from ‘We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information’, which it has always been from AOR, to ‘Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check’. This looks like my application process is going backward instead of progressing.

1. Should I be worried? AOR was in March; I passed medical exam on 3rd March and completed biometrics on 6th March 2019.

2. What stage of application am I—Ip1 or Ip2?

Current application status is as seen below.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by gracechellar(f): 7:01am On Jun 02, 2019
venorite:

Contact who?
Immigration
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by AdaZion2018: 7:29am On Jun 02, 2019
Happy new month everyone. I need help for a friend she wants to change her profile from unccompanying spouse to accompanying. She hasn't received ITA yet but the Marital status section is greyed out and can't be modified. Any idea on how to do this before she receives ITA and profile is locked in.

I don't know if anyone here who created their EE profile before February this year know that POF has been updated. Go update your profile else your profile may become ineligible. Happened to a friend a province nominated her 5 mins later her profile became ineligible. I just thought I should share.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 8:01am On Jun 02, 2019
AdaZion2018:
Happy new month everyone. I need help for a friend she wants to change her profile from unccompanying spouse to accompanying. She hasn't received ITA yet but the Marital status section is greyed out and can't be modified. Any idea on how to do this before she receives ITA and profile is locked in.

I don't know if anyone here who created their EE profile before February this year know that POF has been updated. Go update your profile else your profile may become ineligible. Happened to a friend a province nominated her 5 mins later her profile became ineligible. I just thought I should share.

To edit the profile, she needs to follow the instructions in the link below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1003&top=29

8 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Rhems01: 8:11am On Jun 02, 2019
Topsmamen:

Congrats on your ITA. This link might help.

Thank you. I've already gotten my Pcc. I want to know if they filled in Turkey or Cyprus as North Cyprus doesn't appear on the drop down list.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Joast13(m): 8:39am On Jun 02, 2019
A happy new month to everyone here. I just decided to commence my EE journey and I need answers to some questions. I have a Bachelor of Medical Rehabilitation (occupational therapy) from Nigeria and a Master of science (occupational therapy) from South Africa.

For now, my query is this: if I am evaluating a master's degree (from South Africa), do I still need to send my Bachelor's degree certificate and transcript (from Obafemi Awolowo University) with WAEC certificate to WES for ECA?

Also, I would appreciate if anyone could furnish me with the email address of WES as I couldn't get it on their website.

Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by omoluabiade: 9:04am On Jun 02, 2019
You can choose to evaluate your highest degree alone but eventually you may have to evaluate you BSc. So it's up to you to do so now or later. If you want something quick, cheaper and stressless do your MSc alone cos of OAU transcript and WAEC wahala

No idea but you can try to Google WES contact us.

Joast13:
A happy new month to everyone here. I just decided to commence my EE journey and I need answers to some questions. I have a Bachelor of Medical Rehabilitation (occupational therapy) from Nigeria and a Master of science (occupational therapy) from South Africa.

For now, my query is this: if I am evaluating a master's degree (from South Africa), do I still need to send my Bachelor's degree certificate and transcript (from Obafemi Awolowo University) with WAEC certificate to WES for ECA?

Also, I would appreciate if anyone could furnish me with the email address of WES as I couldn't get it on their website.

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemblaze(f): 9:32am On Jun 02, 2019
Awwwnnn...welcome back sis.

We've missed you greatly grin

Ifeoma77:
Hi guys, grin
Sorry for the absence. I am wrapping up at work and suddenly 24 hours/day is not enough.
I see the PPR list on page 1 has grown significantly,
Big Congratulations to PPR clinchers and all who have conquered their hurdles.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemblaze(f): 9:34am On Jun 02, 2019
Evaluate your M.sc alone...that would be cheaper and faster. Plus you ll avoid all the WAEC bouhaha.

Joast13:

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jennypharb1: 9:43am On Jun 02, 2019
venorite:

thank you. i am in abia state. and i was happy cos i feel good about the exam. like my friend said, let it be the sacrifice i had to make for the good results the exam will bring.

will make out time and visit the immigration office

I pray you have the result you seek. Meanwhile from the link, I saw that you'll need a police report and affidavit before you head to the immigration office, also if you intend to get it on time, try to find someone who works there to help you out.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Influential101: 9:45am On Jun 02, 2019
johnnybravo1990:
I have a couple of question for seniors in the house. I got an update, and in my application status, Background Check changed from ‘We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information’, which it has always been from AOR, to ‘Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check’. This looks like my application process is going backward instead of progressing.

1. Should I be worried? AOR was in March; I passed medical exam on 3rd March and completed biometrics on 6th March 2019.

2. What stage of application am I—Ip1 or Ip2?

Current application status is as seen below.
Lucky you.. most people that saw this in their application got PPR not long after..seems your visa office is Accra..

Your application is moving..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by johnnybravo1990: 9:50am On Jun 02, 2019
beabeasquare:
There is nothing like IP1 or IP2 anymore. The change you saw is normal, you can either see the change or BC remains. People recently got PPR with either. The fact is there is a progress in your application. To know the exact status, either raise a CSE or call IRCC.
Ok. Thanks for your info.

Influential101:
Lucky you.. most people that saw this in their application got PPR not long after..seems your visa office is Accra..
Your application is moving..
Thanks. If that is the case, I should be happy then.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Richness1104: 10:44am On Jun 02, 2019
See toasting galore @stencil. But of a truth, @ifeoma77 has that touch
Stencil:
There you are!!! Strange how you miss someone you’ve only met online lol

That’s the impact Ify leaves grin

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by onyekakingsley(m): 11:38am On Jun 02, 2019
yemblaze:
Evaluate your M.sc alone...that would be cheaper and faster. Plus you ll avoid all the WAEC bouhaha.

so WES can evaluate only M.Sc result without sending his/her WAEC result

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by jjohndoe83: 11:40am On Jun 02, 2019
onyekakingsley:
so WES can evaluate only M.Sc result without sending his/her WAEC result
Yes, if it is a non-Nigerian qualification.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by teechedah: 11:46am On Jun 02, 2019
Please I need a link to create a WES account & register.
So also I discovered that I score 7 band most times while practicing my IELTS though I score 8 maybe 1 out of 4 attempt. For those that have done this exam, do u experience this kind of stuff while practising or should I be worried?
Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by chicyclass(f): 12:06pm On Jun 02, 2019
Congratulations
May Canada favour you.

Masekid:
PPR PLAYBOOK.

-1st IELTS BC: AUG 2018 LRSW 8, 7, 7.5, 6.5 (remark unchanged)

Spouse’s IELTS: LRSW 8.5, 5, 7, 6.5

-2nd IELTS BC: SEPT 2018 LRSW 8.5, 7, 7.5, 6.5 (remark unchanged)

-AOR: Dec 12 2018
-BIL: Jan 22 2019
-Biometrics done: Jan 24 2019
-MEP: Jan 25 2019

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Dame91: 12:40pm On Jun 02, 2019
Hello everyone,

Happy sunday to y'all.
Please we intend to submit our passport tomorrow. Do we need to take our police and medical clearance with us?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 12:45pm On Jun 02, 2019
No one here has the link stored somewhere or crammed in their heads. A simple google search of their official website will bring it up. https://www.wes.org/ca/
Let's be proactive in searching out our answers first. Even page 1 has it.

Regarding IELTS, you are on track, keep practicing, it will get better

teechedah:
Please I need a link to create a WES account & register.
So also I discovered that I score 7 band most times while practicing my IELTS though I score 8 maybe 1 out of 4 attempt. For those that have done this exam, do u experience this kind of stuff while practising or should I be worried?
Thanks in advance

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 12:49pm On Jun 02, 2019
There's a box to type in your questions at the bottom right corner of WES page. Do that, they will reply you

Joast13:

Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 12:52pm On Jun 02, 2019
Haha! Mama is back grin grin grin I missed you o grin

Ifeoma77:

Hiya Sis kiss

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin in a bit sha

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by muyiroro: 12:52pm On Jun 02, 2019
Happy Sunday to you all, pls what documents can I use to claim 200 point for having Cursin in Manitoba. Since we don't answer same surname.

My NOC 2228 Computer Network Technician is one of the high demand profession in Manitoba.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by teechedah: 1:08pm On Jun 02, 2019
Thanks a lot & my apologies.Our amiable ladymarshall.
ladymarshall:
No one here has the link stored somewhere or crammed in their heads. A simple google search of their official website will bring it up. https://www.wes.org/ca/
Let's be proactive in searching out our answers first. Even page 1 has it.

Regarding IELTS, you are on track, keep practicing, it will get better

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 1:15pm On Jun 02, 2019
Lmao! Haven't you heard the latest decision by the ancestors of this thread. They said PPR graders would not have their scripts graded by anyone anymore. They get a free pass cheesy grin grin

olabellruk:

Hmmm..

Wehdone ma. All dese big big grammar. U did justice to the topic.

I wonder who will mark your PPR script when it comes. Na combination of markers o cool cool cool grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Whiteshirtsonly: 1:19pm On Jun 02, 2019
Hi all.. It's my turn to say � IT'S PPR
Promised my self I'd share my journey through the process.

[b]Time line:
Decision to jump boat, August 2017 (I just couldn't understand and cope with the way we treat ourselves in this country).

WES - Oct. 2019

1st IELTS Oct. 2017 - Fell short in Listening by 0.5
2nd IELTS Feb. 2018 - Fell short in Reading by 0.5
3rd IELTS Apr. 2018 - Fell short in Writing by 0.5 (remark came back unchanged).
4th IELTS July 2018 - Fell short in Writing by 0.5 (almost lost faith in God, but something made me stay trusting)
5th IELTS Sept. 2018 LRWS // 8.5, 8, 7, 7.5
ITA - Oct. 3, 2018
Medicals - third week in October
AOR - Nov. 19, 2018
Biometrics - Dec. 27, 2018
MEP - Dec. 27/28, 2018 (didn't notice any ghost updates)
SILENCE / WORRY (I became skinny)
ADR (FAMOUS 5) - Apr. 15, 2019
ADR Submission through CSE (as directed in the letter) - Apr. 23, 2019
ADR Submission though profile upload (God directed me to just check my already submitted documents in my profile and saw i needed to upload... did so same day) - May 8, 2019
IP2 - May 15, 2019
PPR - May 30, 2019 (request letter though profile dated May 29, 2019)
Passport submitted May 31, 2019.[/b]

I thank God for the opportunity to go thru the process and seeing it to completion.
As a ghost reader, y'all are great. When it's said to have patience and be prayerful, that's all that's needed through this process... Guidance and direction will surely come.

- WES was a breeze... A sign of good things to come.
- Wrote the IELTS exam 5 times. The first time would have done it but "shebi I can speak English"... I did one or two sample tests and did very well, I did not know about the whole 8777 thing. God taught me a lesson to be thorough in all and above all, to trust in Him.
- ITA was expected with a score of 456.
- Quickly had my Medicals done at Children's Practice and PCC at Alagbon, Ikoyi.
- POF was gift deed from parent.
- Reference Letters only, from past and present places of employment.
- Submitted and paid all fees on Nov. 19, 2018... Got AOR same day.
- Request for Biometrics letter came in on Dec. 24, 2018 and then went to have it taken on Dec. 27, 2018 after the Christmas holiday.

THE WAIT AFTER THAT IS NOT OF THIS WORLD
I began scouring the internet for similar long waits and following NL. It was "bittersweet" seeing PPR stories coming thru. Your stories and pleas for everyone waiting for one thing or another in whichever stage kept hope alive... I was tempted to request for GCMS notes or submit CSE, but stayed trusting God as I kept seeing "It will end in praise". I was expecting my PPR in Feb. 2019. Nothing, so I decided to quit checking my profile 20 times a day till April when I got a Profile Updated email. Thinking it was PPR, I logged in calmly only to see ADR. It was pretty easy to compile and send through the CSE.
On May 8, 2019, I was to drop off a married couple, friends of mine, at the airport who were also shifting to Canada. Woke up that morning and went straight to my profile only to see I had to upload the same documents. I went to drop them off at the airport and proceeded to upload the same documents.

On the May 15, I logged into my profile (In the ADR letter, it said a decision would be made 30 days from the day of the letter) and saw the IP2. I thanked God and went about my life. Fastforward 15 days later, I didn't receive the PPR mail directly in my email as I read people received theirs. Received a mail that my profile had been updated, so my heart was doing #gbasgbos as I hurriedly logged in, thinking it might be another ADR.
I pinched myself several times to see I wasn't dream (a week before that I dreamed I received my PPR in a box, but somehow I knew I was dreaming, but that gave me hope when I woke up). Called my bro to read the letter... in case I was seeing double lol THE HAPPINESS WAS OUT OF THIS WORLD. Thanked God for his faithfulness, guidance and direction. I'm not very spiritual, but this PR success has changed me
I called family and friends to tell them the good news.

When I got to VFS Lekki on Friday, the crowd... "Jesus! Everyone is freaking jumping ship" I thought. I got there at 10am, left at 3pm.

In other slightly unrelated news... God is the greatest, but satan been on his sh!t.... My phone fell and screen shattered, it also wouldn't stay on. Went to Saka Tinubu thinking "fix the screen and nudge the battery into place".. We know what happens with those boys, instead of spending 10k, I'm spending 30k lol I was calm... You won't see me to exploit soon. A good reminder why I decided to JUMP SHIP.

I'm leaving no later than the middle of July.

To all those, at whichever stage you're at, trust in God, have patience and it will surely end in praise. I've been waiting to say that.
I would try and give advises and lend a helping hand to people asking for direction on this thread, as I have learned a great deal from you all.

Peace!

86 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 1:25pm On Jun 02, 2019
grin as per my specialty
Stencil:
!!! You were the first person I thought of when I saw this post! grin I was so hoping you would reply. Now I have something to read on my lunch break lol.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 1:27pm On Jun 02, 2019
No you not need to. What matters is that your names are spelt correctly

BYACHEM:

Thank you for your feedback. It’s not actually for proof of siblings. But for consistency of my profile, should I just get an affidavit, since every other documents carries three names and it’s the only one with two name?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by AdaZion2018: 1:27pm On Jun 02, 2019
Thanks. I found it.
Topsmamen:

To edit the profile, she needs to follow the instructions in the link below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1003&top=29

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (693)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.