Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1056965 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Modesta24: 2:04pm On Jun 03, 2019
thank you for offering to help us. i sent you an email. You will get your heart desire.
Torkwase1:
Good evening house. Been away for a looooong time after getting AOR, December 11. Waiting for updates was tortuous, and following Nairaland appeared to be a bigger torment for my impatient mind. I decided to switch off everything concerning Canada and face my work.
Anyway, I still havent received PPR, but somehow my mind is at ease now.
Please contact me if you need any help with your IELTS, especially in writing and speaking. Let me be useful to the house!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by nonen(m): 2:12pm On Jun 03, 2019
Topsmamen:

Ah! That's Accra, I guess. That's it then. Please upload right away on your profile. No time.

Yea you’re right Bros.
It’s Accra VO
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by conebeam: 2:16pm On Jun 03, 2019
Goodday Fam,
Been a while here.
Please I have some questions...

For those in Stream 2 for Nysc, how many months did you claim in your reference letter considering that the date written on the cert is 11months for instance 24th November to 24th October.

Then, do you say Nysc in your letter, or you mention the name of your PPA.

Do you also add the money paid by cash at PPA to the federal government allowee, even if the cash at PPA isn't regular?

Thank you so much Fam.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ologunsunny: 2:17pm On Jun 03, 2019
yemblaze:
In my own case...it took about two weeks ooo.

Whenever it changes to we are reviewing your evaluation report....then the 35 days starts counting and you ll be given a completion date. You ll soon get it...be patient.

All the best.

Thanks so much sir

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Uzorm: 2:27pm On Jun 03, 2019
Thanks for your response
ladymarshall:
No. Only WES evaluates professional certs like BCS, CIMA, ACCA as two or more

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by nonen(m): 2:32pm On Jun 03, 2019
Topsmamen:

Ah! That's Accra, I guess. That's it then. Please upload right away on your profile. No time.

Thanks Bros, you’re really helpful. I’ve transmitted it through my profile and it’s changed to *SUMITTED*

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jun 03, 2019
Hello all and help pls.
I know 3 years continuous work experience gets us max scores in the CRS, but do the 3 years have to be in one NOC? So assume I have 2 years in NOC1 and 10 years in NOC2, total work experience 12 years. Can I change my primary NOC from NOC2 (10 years) to NOC1 (2 years) without it affecting my points?

Trying to see if a different NOC may get me a nomination cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by tolfa(m): 2:57pm On Jun 03, 2019
Yes you can swap your primary and secondary NOC.. but be sure that swapping means that you have to provide reference letter for the two NOC if you aim to claim the maximum work experience points.
Mamaroon:
Hello all and help pls. I'm in the pool with 434 and writing TEF (again undecided) soon.

I know 3 years continuous work experience gets us max scores in the CRS, but do the 3 years have to be in one NOC? So assume I have 2 years in NOC1 and 10 years in NOC2, total work experience 12 years. Can I change my primary NOC from NOC2 (10 years) to NOC1 (2 years) without it affecting my points?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 2:59pm On Jun 03, 2019
nonen:
Thanks Bros, you’re really helpful. I’ve transmitted it through my profile and it’s changed to *SUMITTED*

Sweet! You're most welcome boss. Now we wait for the "Ready for Visa" email.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by onyekakingsley(m): 3:04pm On Jun 03, 2019
Scandinavian02:

Yeah. I did it last year October or there about.

If he can grease the palms of those women at the Record Office, it might take him just a week to transmit his records to ICES and commence the 14 weeks wait. Same WES took my wife more than 12 weeks with their back and forth.
Please is it compulsory to upload one's transcript as it was stated in ICES website. I am bothered because UNN does not release transcript to students
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by nonen(m): 3:06pm On Jun 03, 2019
Topsmamen:

Amen and Amen

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 3:09pm On Jun 03, 2019
conebeam:
Goodday Fam,
Been a while here.
Please I have some questions...

For those in Stream 2 for Nysc, how many months did you claim in your reference letter considering that the date written on the cert is 11months for instance 24th November to 24th October.

Then, do you say Nysc in your letter, or you mention the name of your PPA.

Do you also add the money paid by cash at PPA to the federal government allowee, even if the cash at PPA isn't regular?

Thank you so much Fam.

Sure. People have used NYSC work experience and have got their PPRs. See the link here.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Scandinavian02: 3:11pm On Jun 03, 2019
onyekakingsley:
Please is it compulsory to upload one's transcript as it was stated in ICES website. I am bothered because UNN does not release transcript to students

Why can't UNN send the transcript my e-mail to them?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Fidesa: 3:33pm On Jun 03, 2019
Topsmamen:

Sure. People have used NYSC work experience and have got their PPRs. See the link here.

Hello House,

For my work experience i was paid in cash for the period (3 years) which was clearly indicated on my reference letter.
my question is, does that alone suffice, or do i need to add something else as proof.

its a small consulting firm so they may not have the ghen ghen documents which prominent companies would have; and the salary was quite small so there was no need to deposit it with the bank.

PS:I havent submitted application im just gathering my documents ahead of the next draw and hoping to clinch ITA since my score is 468

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by DanMisla: 3:35pm On Jun 03, 2019
Mamaroon:
Hello all and help pls. I'm in the pool with 434 and writing TEF (again undecided) soon.

Go for it!
So long as you have ref letters.
Best wishes.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 3:44pm On Jun 03, 2019
Fidesa:
Hello House,

For my work experience i was paid in cash for the period (3 years) which was clearly indicated on my reference letter.
my question is, does that alone suffice, or do i need to add something else as proof.

its a small consulting firm so they may not have the ghen ghen documents which prominent companies would have; and the salary was quite small so there was no need to deposit it with the bank.

PS:I havent submitted application im just gathering my documents ahead of the next draw and hoping to clinch ITA since my score is 468

Thanks

Yes, that will suffice.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by onyekakingsley(m): 3:58pm On Jun 03, 2019
Scandinavian02:

Why can't UNN send the transcript my e-mail to them?
what I mean is that I need to upload my transcript despite the one UNN will send to them as it is in their application page. Can I still go ahead with my application without uploading the transcript (pending till when UNN send it to them)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Whiteshirtsonly: 4:16pm On Jun 03, 2019
Jaybye:
Hello to everyone in the house. I've been a silent reader all the while just because I had to scroll through all the threads from Part 1 to the current thread. This is to avoid asking questions you gurus have taken time to address in the past.

I really appreciate you all. I heard about this CAN PR thing last year. I simulated my score at the time and it wasn't encouraging. And after I checked how much the POF for a family of four would be, coupled with the facts that age was really no more on my side and more so, I was yet to know of the existence of a goldmine in these threads, I gave up (that last year)!

Not quite long, my interest was rekindled by a friend (and his wife of course) who got PPR and advised I give it a serious try. I have been researching (on here) ever since. Eventhough I still think of/worry about the huge money involved now but have rather concluded I'll have to bid my time and take things a step after the other in this long, tasking and draining journey.

Thanks to the men and women in here who, out of their kind hearts/benevolence, have continually shown others the way forward. Quite a few monikers have stuck to memory in the course of my reading; Zandora, 40manlappy, Newmum, Joo, Cochtrane, Nobody, Ifeoma77, Stencil (always sounding like pencil), Workaholics Ladymarshall and Topsmamen, and so on... And yes, there's this moniker too, he helps in putting others through IELTS Writing (How on earth did I forget that 'name'?). Once corrected someone who was revelling on how he finally made IELTS (writing had been his weak point until after two attempts or so) but failed to acknowledge his (the trainer) input.

So many wonderful PPR scripts read so far, with mixed challenges/stories in the course of chasing them but of course, Deboks' was so hilarious. I can't forget that moniker in a hurry. Infact, I would sugget she should edit to Tiptoe_Deboks already! �(I'm not forgetting how she had to dig deep to endure like the Abuja guy turned Lagos Taxifyer).

I'll say it's simply because of the hard works most of these people (mentioned above) have put in, both to the previous & current threads that I rather decided to read, read and read through all the threads to prevent myself from asking unnecessary (in fairness and in my opinion) questions. I suggest fellow newbies do the same. I managed to crawl into page 104 early this morning and thought I was up to date. I blinked afterwards and we're already in page 113! � These pages move so fast at a baffling rate! Interestingly, most of the questions getting asked in the new pages are more often, repeated questions.

Permit me to say once again to the top gurus in this thread, you guys are jewels, priceless as such! What would we even do without you?

Hi, I'd jut like to say that you should forge ahead with this EE process, it might look tedious and almost impossible but the glorious end is the big reward. Start the process... step by step, before you know it you'd be singing praises and writing your PPR story. Stay strong and focused on he end. And above all, do not forge documents or cut corners.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Scandinavian02: 4:22pm On Jun 03, 2019
onyekakingsley:

what I mean is that I need to upload my transcript despite the one UNN will send to them as it is in their application page. Can I still go ahead with my application without uploading the transcript (pending till when UNN send it to them)

Oh ok. It was my certificate i uploaded.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemblaze(f): 4:26pm On Jun 03, 2019
She is a she grin

Ologunsunny:

Thanks so much sir

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Whiteshirtsonly: 4:28pm On Jun 03, 2019
yemblaze:
Amen ooooo...when @Whiteshirtsonly said "skinny".....I wonder what people like us who are still under IELTS shackles should say ooo
"Skelenton yoyo"..lolss
We sha will be alright laslas grin

lol laslas we all go dey alright
Godspeed

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by nonen(m): 4:31pm On Jun 03, 2019
Topsmamen:

Wish you can tell me when I’d get this email!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by onyekakingsley(m): 4:34pm On Jun 03, 2019
Scandinavian02:

Oh ok. It was my certificate i uploaded.
Thanks boss. I appreciate this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jennypharb1: 4:37pm On Jun 03, 2019
[quote author=Albert4Onabe post=78979655][/quote]

Yes I think you can
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by tymix1: 4:49pm On Jun 03, 2019
tymix1:
Good evening house,

Please I have a question regarding 2 or more certificates for CRS points. I wanted to write the CIMA BA1-4 exams to beef up my points, but I discovered that with my degree (Finance from a UK university), I have exemptions for all four papers. To get the CIMA certificate, I will only have to write one paper instead of four. I've heard that it's similar for ACCA certificates too. Has anyone had favourable ECA news for their CIMA/ACCA certificates after applying their exemptions, and writing only one paper? I started my ECA process for my BSc with WES a couple of months ago before hearing about the certificate route, and I am currently waiting for their report at the moment.

Thank youuuu!!!

Hi house,

Please I'm bringing this back up. Can anyone offer any guidance on this. It will be greatlyyyy appreciated!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 03, 2019
DanMisla:

Go for it!
So long as you have ref letters.
Best wishes.

Thanks DM....petrified of making my profile ineligible.

Update: so I did it. Profile still ok and CRS unchanged cheesy maybe one province will see me now grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 03, 2019
tolfa:
Yes you can swap your primary and secondary NOC.. but be sure that swapping means that you have to provide reference letter for the two NOC if you aim to claim the maximum work experience points.

Thanks T.

Update: so I did it. Profile still ok and CRS unchanged cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Baby88: 5:23pm On Jun 03, 2019
Hello house ,
Please is there a watapp group for new members trying to start this journey.
Also please does anyone has contact at wace office and unilag transcript
Pls urgently help.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Baby88: 5:25pm On Jun 03, 2019
Good day everyone,
Please does any one know of any watapp group for newbies starting up this beautiful journey,
Also pls I need contact of someone working in wace office to help with my wace results
Pls also contact for unilag transcript
Tanks alot
Urgent reply.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by godG: 5:53pm On Jun 03, 2019

Good People,

I just had a terrible experience with a notary public. I wanted to notarize my gift deed and another document, na so the guy dey ask me questions oo. Who sent the money to you? What do you want to use it for? "You need to come here with the person that gifted you the money, then we can talk about the price."

I just left the crook's office at that point.

Please, I would appreciate it if anyone would recommend a notary public (on the Island or in Ibadan) you have used for gift deed. I am too busy to be explaining stuff.

Thanks as usual, people.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Scandinavian02: 6:14pm On Jun 03, 2019
godG:

Good People,

I just had a terrible experience with a notary public. I wanted to notarize my gift deed and another document, na so the guy dey ask me questions oo. Who sent the money to you? What do you want to use it for? "You need to come here with the person that gifted you the money, then we can talk about the price."

I just left the crook's office at that point.

Please, I would appreciate it if anyone would recommend a notary public (on the Island or in Ibadan) you have used for gift deed. I am too busy to be explaining stuff.

Thanks as usual, people.

grin grin grin

It is not compulsory that you notarize a gift deed nawww. People have gotten PPR without having to notarize it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by godG: 6:20pm On Jun 03, 2019
Scandinavian02:

grin grin grin

It is not compulsory that you notarize a gift deed nawww. People have gotten PPR without having to notarize it.

Funny right? I found it funny too. grin Something wey my bank go do for me for free in the US o.

I was going to ask about the necessity of gift deed notarization as well. Thank you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (693)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.