Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,797 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1064964 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ifeoma77(f): 6:10pm On Jun 09, 2019
iaatmguy:
guess the crusade is against Nigerians. You need to compare the rubbish Indians write, ESPECIALLY THOSE POST AOR. Well I don't blame them, no one wants too many Nigerians in their country. If the standard dished out to Nigerians by ielts, is the same for every country, then I doubt if any Asian would go to Australia, where you need to get 8,8,8,8.
Its all good sha
It's unfortunate sad

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ifeoma77(f): 6:11pm On Jun 09, 2019
psalmizt:
I will definitely come here to give my PPR story. But for now my story is that of nomination and successful AOR. I believe when we thank God for little mercies, we invariably invoke greater successes. I have been accused of writing too much English in times past so I'll just be brief pending the time the real gbemu comes.

My journey actually started in 2012 but back then I was hell bent on furthering my education. One thing led to another and in the end i abandoned the plans of travelling out until 2016/2017 when a friend convinced me to look into Express Entry. And so my journey started in 2018, WES, IELTS 1st attempt (8/8/8/6.5), remark, IELTS 2nd attempt (8.5/9/8/6.5), remark. At both attempts my writing was 6.5. After the second EOR, it was upgraded to 7 and that was how I said goodbye to IELTS. I waited and waited in the pool with a CRS of 425 and after my birthday in February that score dropped to 416. Seeing my chance for ITA literally disappear before my very before I started making arrangements for masters programme. I contacted UNICAF, paid the application fee but stepped back when they couldn't assure me that WES recognises their programme. I attempted the GMAT route with not much success as my result wasnt good enough for major scholarships. The last attempt at schooling was reopening my previous application to a Greek school for MBA. I was asked to pay the application fee and then wait for an interview.

While I was going through all these plethora of options- A, B, C, D- I got a strange mail on the 26th of March this year. It was a do not reply mail, I had seen that before on a friends phone but I was completely clueless about it. At this time, my profile had less than 3 months to go and to be honest I had practically logged off from this Cannyland dream. As I put it back then, I was just waiting to fall on my sword. So I opened my Express entry and behold a notification of interest from Alberta. It was perhaps the best piece of news I had gotten. And so from the 27th of March when I got that mail it was clock work for me. I had to respond quick and fast. I had no letter of reference so needed to reach out to everyone. It took quite a while, 2 weeks actually. The most delay was with my bank because they were struggling to reopen one of my account and to also spool records from 2011. I eventually submitted my application on the 9th of April. Remember this was a race against time.

In order to better manage this uncertainty I joined Canada visa forum and later Nairaland. A good friend here shared a WhatsApp group with me and that really helped in calming my anxiety. So my file got delivered on 12th of April and then the silence began. In time past people got file number in 2days, it was when it got to my turn the count went up. Day 1 to 17 was torture. All kinds of thoughts until April 30th when I saw the file number. Mehn, i was ecstatic. So hurdle 2 crossed. With July 1, the day my profile will expire, increasingly nigh, I entered prayer mode ooo. It took 28 days for me to eventually get the holy grail of all men with CRS less than 450. Alas the nomination was here. Before I knew, everything became a rush, ITA the next day because I now had 1016, PCC afterwards, digital photograph at studio 24 and medicals at IOM.

And now with AOR of June 4, I can only say thank you Lord for this journey which you have started. Only you can finish it. I just want everyone to know that nothing is impossible. A friend that we started journey together eventually got NOI from Ontario. Efam, please don't lose hope. Put in motion every plan and hope for the best. I forgot to mention that I eventually got admission for my MBA 2weeks before the nomination. A part of me still wanted to go but the tuition fee will wipe out my entire POF and will still need to borrow. I decided to put that on hold and pursue this Canada dream.

As a sign of gratitude to God Almighty, I am more than open to answer any question relating to Alberta's Immigration Nominee Program which basically gave me a chance to continue this dream of mine. Apologies for the length of my post. My PPR story go long pass this one. Stay tuned
Wow!! You are really favoured.
Abeg abandon the Greek MBA. Canny awaits you with open arms.
Congratulations

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by LogoDWhiz(m): 6:36pm On Jun 09, 2019
Hi all,

Please I need more information on Cima.

Thanks.

If there's a whatsapp group, I'd like to be added.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by kfrosh: 6:51pm On Jun 09, 2019
Send a PM
benatokwu:
please am interested in joining the Cima group please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 6:56pm On Jun 09, 2019
iaatmguy:
guess the crusade is against Nigerians. You need to compare the rubbish Indians write, ESPECIALLY THOSE POST AOR. Well I don't blame them, no one wants too many Nigerians in their country. If the standard dished out to Nigerians by ielts, is the same for every country, then I doubt if any Asian would go to Australia, where you need to get 8,8,8,8.
Its all good sha
when PTE is there . No sane person uses ielts for australia grin.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jbaby09: 6:59pm On Jun 09, 2019
Hello Fam!!!

Please what’s the implication of revoking a GC key after profile expires ?

Also in creating a new profile, will same email be used as that of the expired profile

Please please please .. help weigh in ...

Many thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Mimi1999: 7:05pm On Jun 09, 2019
Congrats to you
I have a few questions to ask about PNP. Can I send you a PM?
psalmizt:
I will definitely come here to give my PPR story. But for now my story is that of nomination and successful AOR. I believe when we thank God for little mercies, we invariably invoke greater successes. I have been accused of writing too much English in times past so I'll just be brief pending the time the real gbemu comes.
As a sign of gratitude to God Almighty, I am more than open to answer any question relating to Alberta's Immigration Nominee Program which basically gave me a chance to continue this dream of mine. Apologies for the length of my post. My PPR story go long pass this one. Stay tuned
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by psalmizt(m): 7:12pm On Jun 09, 2019
Mimi1999:
Congrats to you
I have a few questions to ask about PNP. Can I send you a PM?

Sure
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Pascal2016: 7:49pm On Jun 09, 2019
Can we just move this up. BC needs to do something in respect to this IELTS Nigeria system of marking.
Oopsy:
I requested for EOR and my writing changed from 6.5 to 8 and my speaking changed from 7 to 8.5.

In my 1st ielts with no preparation per say, i had 7.5 in listening and 7 in writing. With more preparation, i had 8.5 in listening then 6.5 in writing.

Ielts in Nigeria should be checked.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Mariesio: 7:52pm On Jun 09, 2019
Pascal2016:
Can we just move this up. BC needs to do something in respect to this IELTS Nigeria system of marking.

Biko don't move anything uo , write with MOD if you prefer them.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by godG: 8:31pm On Jun 09, 2019
Pascal2016:

Brother, there's nothing to move up about it. Put in the work, have a good attitude towards the test (don't obsess over it) and see magic. Let's be mindful of how we think there's something wrong with IELTS administration in Nigeria. We might be discouraging a lot of people.

(Please Note o: I'm not saying that all is well with IELTS administration in Nigeria. Neither am I saying that anything is wrong with it. I'm saying no one knows. Whatever we say on here are only speculations.)

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by donkarly(m): 9:12pm On Jun 09, 2019
Hello house,I'm yet to pay to write the IETLS exam but someone advised i do the WES first because it takes time,please how true is it?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bekayy: 9:19pm On Jun 09, 2019
Yes that is right. By the time you pass Ielts and you already have your ECA , you can get ITA quickly. All the best.

donkarly:
Hello house,I'm yet to pay to write the IETLS exam but someone advised i do the WES first because it takes time,please how true is it?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by careerwoman(f): 9:31pm On Jun 09, 2019
Ifeoma77:

Awesome result!! Congratulations

Thank you dear smiley

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by donkarly(m): 9:31pm On Jun 09, 2019
bekayy:
Yes that is right. By the time you pass Ielts and you already have your ECA , you can get ITA quickly. All the best.

Ok,thanks. Please how can I start with the WES?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemblaze(f): 9:39pm On Jun 09, 2019
Hmmm...thank you.

Oopsy:
I requested for EOR and my writing changed from 6.5 to 8 and my speaking changed from 7 to 8.5.

In my 1st ielts with no preparation per say, i had 7.5 in listening and 7 in writing. With more preparation, i had 8.5 in listening then 6.5 in writing.

Ielts in Nigeria should be checked.

Cheers!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by dezzydon(f): 9:49pm On Jun 09, 2019
Thanks Everyone for the good wishes.I appreciate���

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemblaze(f): 9:57pm On Jun 09, 2019
Wow..congratss.
Cant wait to read your PPR gist....wish you speedy process.

psalmizt:
I will definitely come here to give my PPR story. of my post. My PPR story go long pass this one. Stay tuned
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jbaby09: 10:00pm On Jun 09, 2019
thank you so much...
GC KEY REVOKED..

BUT AFTER CREATING THE USERNAME AND PASSWORD INCLUSIVE SECURITY QUESTIONS, IT KEEPS TAKING ME BACK TO THE CIC HOME PAGE

ladymarshall:
You can revoke the GC key

Or just create another with the same account

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemblaze(f): 10:04pm On Jun 09, 2019
All info on page 1
All the best.

donkarly:

Ok,thanks. Please how can I start with the WES?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemblaze(f): 10:10pm On Jun 09, 2019
Lols...funny part is they are the same. Same examiners sef. I once met a guy who told me that the woman who interviewed him during speaking with BC was the same person who did when he wrote with MOD. And he had different scores.

Mariesio:

Biko don't move anything uo , write with MOD if you prefer them.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by raphrulz: 10:29pm On Jun 09, 2019
Wow!!!

Its been a while i've been here. I can see the ministry is really moving to permanent site.

What gladdens my heart the most is the fact that the PPR script marking has remained.

Thanks to the Nairaland Canadian Family (NCF)... God bless you all.

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Framaro: 10:30pm On Jun 09, 2019
Hello everyone
Please i am trying to pay for document evaluation for my msc from unilag. I am using ICES. I want to use the email option but i am not quite sure which one to pay for on unilag website. There's email for ₦1000 and soft copies upload for 2000. Not quite sure which one applies to me in this case.
Thank you in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by successhungry: 10:33pm On Jun 09, 2019
Hi,everyone. Pleae,I just got my treasury bills certificate now and my name was misspelt. Please,how do i go about rectifying this ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by chinchum(m): 10:49pm On Jun 09, 2019
BabaArmani:
Good Evening Guys,

I trust you are all doing fine.

PLEASE GUYS I STRONGLY NEED HELP WITH LINKS AT LAUTECH/MBA/TRANSCRIPT SECTION

Pardon the caps, had to put them in caps to emphasize how badly i need help with Lautech. SINCE 2015/ 2016 !!!

Guys, I have read stories and followed several success stories here that if i start to mention names im sure they all settled in obodo Canada by now.

Hmm, I began nursing the dream sometimes in 2016, wrote my first test and got a 7.5,7.0,6.5,6.5 in SLRW, the score wasnt good enough so I was keen on rewriting the exam again with adequate time to get documents verified by WES, so my fellow nairalanders I began to prepare before i could make one or two moves, them so called constituted authorities locked lautech up abi na them go strike for about 18 months.
The effect of this is that I couldnt get my transcript and mba certificate sent to WES so teyyyyy my ielts expired, now I dont want to write another just yet without sorting the lautech angle. Though I have only received my Notification of Result...they claim no convocation no certificate....will WES verified Notification alone?

SO MY HUMBLE CRY IS THIS; IF YOU ARE ABLE TO READ ME AND KNOW SOMEONE, OR SOMEONE WHO KNOWS SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN IN A SIMILAR CONDITION AS I AM( UNABLE TO GET TRANSCRIPT AND MBA CERTIFICATE ) PLEASE AND PLEASE SHARE CONTACTS WITH ME AT SEANADE30@GMAIL.COM. GOD BLESS YOU !

Guys, im really looking forward to rekindling the dream but first I like to get my credentials verified while I take 2 months to prepare for ielts once again. Pls feel free to share with me as well recent and most current study materials...

Thanks.
All things being equal with WES, I remembered I used a notification of result of Masters program in early 2017, however I requested the postgraduate to provide a letter stating that the certificate is yet to be available. I am not certain if the extra letter was surplus to requirement. You could explore the possibility of that
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yansky(m): 10:57pm On Jun 09, 2019
please im in a fix, my secondary school has closed down. how do i send a final secondary year result thats sealed and stamped from a school that has closed down?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by CheesyTee(f): 10:58pm On Jun 09, 2019
Clear browser cache and/ history

Jbaby09:
thank you so much...
GC KEY REVOKED..

BUT AFTER CREATING THE USERNAME AND PASSWORD INCLUSIVE SECURITY QUESTIONS, IT KEEPS TAKING ME BACK TO THE CIC HOME PAGE

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jbaby09: 11:03pm On Jun 09, 2019
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

I CHANGED BROWSER AND ITS WORKING NOW.

CheesyTee:
Clear browser cache and/ history

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jbaby09: 11:05pm On Jun 09, 2019
PARDON ME GUYS

WHEN CREATING THE PROFILE, DO I ADD MY SECONDARY SCHOOL DETAILS IN THE EDUCATION SECTION?
ALSO MY NIGERIAN LAW SCHOOL CERTIFICATION?

OR

SHOULD I LEAVE IT TO JUST WHAT I EVALUATED WITH IQAS AS PER ECA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Arosam(m): 11:09pm On Jun 09, 2019
yansky:
please im in a fix, my secondary school has closed down. how do i send a final secondary year result thats sealed and stamped from a school that has closed down?

Is your secondary school your examining Body?, i thought its either WAEC or NECO

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by mikeogb: 11:12pm On Jun 09, 2019
Goodevening everybody,please how do i confirm that WES have received my transcript as my timeline still shows status in progress(we are reviewing your documents), my school
Claimed to have sent it but this is over two months or does it really take much time?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yansky(m): 11:13pm On Jun 09, 2019
Arosam:

Is your secondary school your examining Body?, i thought its either WAEC or NECO

is that what wes meant on their website? i want to submit my application this week so i want to be sure.

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (693)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.