Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1050086 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by muyiroro: 12:32am On Jun 11, 2019
Gud moni my people, am filling my WES application form, I just want to confirm if I will fill my WAEC details as my HND and ND in the information box . Thanks

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Avidreader748: 12:59am On Jun 11, 2019
muyiroro:
Gud moni my people, am filling my WES application form, I just want to confirm if I will fill my WAEC details as my HND and ND in the information box . Thanks

No you wont have to, it automatically pops up as part of the final requirements.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Avidreader748: 1:02am On Jun 11, 2019
perfectgen:
Good evening guys.
Please who knows the process of sending documentations to.WES via fax.
I need clarifications on how to go about it and the price

Likewise for the WASSCE evaluation, do I need to still request that WAEC sends statement of results when WES requested for result checking card?

Thank you.

Go to the search bar, type 'WES FAX' all the info on it will pop up!

Waec will send transcript alongside the result checker.
Yes, you will request that they send your transcript to wes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Avidreader748: 1:07am On Jun 11, 2019
careerwoman:

Very valid point.
I’m not an authority on writing matters but I think Joromi 12 is right.

Writing does require a lot of attention and practice. The tone must be formal except when writing informal letters. Some words aren't acceptable in formal writing. Jay E2 has a YouTube on this.

Paraphrasing is also very necessary. You can’t use the same words in the question over and over again. My essay topic was about Violence among young people being caused by parents spending long hours at work. While writing my introduction, I used Juvenile Delinquency to replace Violence among young people. In another paragraph, when I needed to make reference to it I used delinquent youths. Instead of salary, I used remuneration. I used different synonyms for the same word/phrase.

Then, paragraph structure is crucial.. Your thought process must flow. Put yourself in the reader’s shoes. You don’t want to read a disjointed essay. Prepare your ideas on the question paper first before you start writing. That way, you can decide which idea should come before the other. In each paragraph, the first sentence should introduce your idea starting with a linking phrase like Firstly, In addition, Furthermore etc.
2nd&3rd sentence should explain the idea (what,how,why) you can use examples for this. Phrases like, For instance, For example etc. The examples don’t have to be true, be creative. In my essay, I created a story about a research by an American Child Psychologist, John S. (I don’t know any John S. sef) and what he findings were to support my idea. The psychologist and his research were created in my head that day. grin
3rd/4th sentence should conclude the idea or show what the idea leads to. Phrases like, “As a result” can be used here.

I don’t want to derail the thread too much; my suggestion to IELTS takers, read ielts made easy pdf cover to cover if you can and watch Jays tips on YouTube. There’s a Cambridge book that has a range of vocabularies for the different sections from which essays are created and sample Band 9 essays. (I can’t remember the name and my laptop isn’t with me atm. Unfortunately, the materials aren’t on my phone). Ask for help from people around you. I understand we don’t want people knowing our plans but sometimes being too secretive does more harm than good. I got materials from my colleagues taking PLAB etc.
If I had kept my plans to myself, maybe I wouldn’t have gotten all their ideas, tips and materials.

Finally, may we obtain all our good heart desires.
God bless..
#backtohibernationmode

I cant agree less.

IETLS is a game of synonyms. Both reading o, writing, listening. Speaking too. Of course amongst other requirements.

It will end in praise for us all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Avidreader748: 1:15am On Jun 11, 2019
Nuccas:
I have completed the WES of a thing and try to make payment with my Mastercard, it was completed and was asked to wait for 15mins for my status to update. It almost 30 mins now, no update yet from them and there is no sign if the money haave been deducted

Wes will update soon. Keep refreshing your account.

Your bank may take some houra or aometimes forty-eight hours to debit the naira equivalent assuming you paid with debit card.
Give them time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by GozyNA: 1:18am On Jun 11, 2019
KejiT1:

Hi,
I'm interested, but I have a few questions
how can I join?. How much is the program and exam? when will the exam be written plus how soon will the result be out? Can those of us in sciences cope (cos that CIMA does not look like what I can pass Biko)? ..Thanks in advance as I await your response.

You can pass it if you put in the work. Some positivity won’t hurt too.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by johnnybravo1990: 1:47am On Jun 11, 2019
pejuhazel:
Hi @johnnybravo1990, when you're submitting your ADR make use of the link provided and the placeholder in your profile. As using the link alone may not reflect that you've submitted additional documents.
Cheers

Thanks dear. I will

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by johnnybravo1990: 1:58am On Jun 11, 2019
Please o, I just realized I have to submit all the documents for my ADR(I found out my file is in Accra) in one file through the link in the ADR message. How do I compress all my documents to one file with a maximum size of 3.5MB? My bank statements covering my 4 years of experience run into about 35 pages; my different pay slips, for the 4 years of experience, can be up to 48 slips or pages; and the schedule A form and Additional family information should take up to 8 pages. Altogether all these can get up to 80 pages. There is no way I can compress all this a 3.5MB file. Those that submitted Accra ADRs, how una take do am? Or you guys just submitted only few pages of banks statements and slips?

Please help!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by kiari: 2:29am On Jun 11, 2019
Try using smallpdf.com, or ilovepdf.com
johnnybravo1990:
Please o, I just realized I have to submit all the documents for my ADR(I found out my file is in Accra) in one file through the link in the ADR message. How do I compress all my documents to one file with a maximum size of 3.5MB? My bank statements covering my 4 years of experience run into about 35 pages; my different pay slips, for the 4 years of experience, can be up to 48 slips or pages; and the schedule A form and Additional family information should take up to 8 pages. Altogether all these can get up to 80 pages. There is no way I can compress all this a 3.5MB file. Those that submitted Accra ADRs, how una take do am?Or you guys just submitted only few pages of banks statements and slips?

Please help!

2 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by johnnybravo1990: 2:33am On Jun 11, 2019
kiari:
Try using smallpdf.com, or ilovepdf.com
Ok dear. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Whiteshirtsonly: 2:57am On Jun 11, 2019
johnnybravo1990:
Please o, I just realized I have to submit all the documents for my ADR(I found out my file is in Accra) in one file through the link in the ADR message. How do I compress all my documents to one file with a maximum size of 3.5MB? My bank statements covering my 4 years of experience run into about 35 pages; my different pay slips, for the 4 years of experience, can be up to 48 slips or pages; and the schedule A form and Additional family information should take up to 8 pages. Altogether all these can get up to 80 pages. There is no way I can compress all this a 3.5MB file. Those that submitted Accra ADRs, how una take do am? Or you guys just submitted only few pages of banks statements and slips?

Please help!

Hey Johnnybravo... If you got the same adr as you on April 15 (payslips, salary bank deposits, updated POF, schedule a and add. Family.

For the payslips and bank deposits, I went back 7 months. I had the bank deposits printed by the bank only only the days deposits were made (that's 7 sheets for bank deposit statement and 7 sheets for the payslips).

Please be aware that the link given in the adr to upload the documents is not the only place you upload to. Please check your profile, under the status of your PR Application, you will notice that your "action is required". When you go into your PR Application, you will have to upload the documents individually - it also has a "required by" column showing the deadline to upload. I almost missed this, please check it out.

28 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Whiteshirtsonly: 3:02am On Jun 11, 2019
Whiteshirtsonly:

Hey Johnnybravo... If you got the same adr as you on April 15 (payslips, salary bank deposits, updated POF, schedule a and add. Family.

For the payslips and bank deposits, I went back 7 months. I had the bank deposits printed by the bank only only the days deposits were made (that's 7 sheets for bank deposit statement and 7 sheets for the payslips).

Please be aware that the link given in the adr to upload the documents is not the only place you upload to. Please check your profile, under the status of your PR Application, you will notice that your "action is required". When you go into your PR Application, you will have to upload the documents individually - it also has a "required by" column showing the deadline to upload. I almost missed this, please check it out.

Please let the gurus in the house confirm this is okay. I did mine out of faith and what other's advised. I got my PPR.
I personally think the upload through the profile is more important, but still find a way to compress and upload to the link provided.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by rhemagrace(f): 5:49am On Jun 11, 2019
Send a pm if you haven't gotten it, I have the coordinators number.

o9o9:
Abeg who get nacetem lagos Number
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by muyiroro: 6:03am On Jun 11, 2019
Avidreader748:

No you wont have to, it automatically pops up as part of the final requirements.

Thanks boss

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by johnnybravo1990: 7:11am On Jun 11, 2019
Whiteshirtsonly:

Thank you for this priceless information.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by inconnue(f): 7:13am On Jun 11, 2019
Same essay! I wrote on May 23rd. I paraphrased, I used generalities, I used examples, I used linking words and exceeded the word count... na 7 I get. I just carried the 7 like that. Other ones were 9, 8.5, 8.

careerwoman:

Very valid point.
I’m not an authority on writing matters but I think Joromi 12 is right.

Writing does require a lot of attention and practice. The tone must be formal except when writing informal letters. Some words aren't acceptable in formal writing. Jay E2 has a YouTube on this.

Paraphrasing is also very necessary. You can’t use the same words in the question over and over again. My essay topic was about Violence among young people being caused by parents spending long hours at work. While writing my introduction, I used Juvenile Delinquency to replace Violence among young people. In another paragraph, when I needed to make reference to it I used delinquent youths. Instead of salary, I used remuneration. I used different synonyms for the same word/phrase.

Then, paragraph structure is crucial.. Your thought process must flow. Put yourself in the reader’s shoes. You don’t want to read a disjointed essay. Prepare your ideas on the question paper first before you start writing. That way, you can decide which idea should come before the other. In each paragraph, the first sentence should introduce your idea starting with a linking phrase like Firstly, In addition, Furthermore etc.
2nd&3rd sentence should explain the idea (what,how,why) you can use examples for this. Phrases like, For instance, For example etc. The examples don’t have to be true, be creative. In my essay, I created a story about a research by an American Child Psychologist, John S. (I don’t know any John S. sef) and what he findings were to support my idea. The psychologist and his research were created in my head that day. grin
3rd/4th sentence should conclude the idea or show what the idea leads to. Phrases like, “As a result” can be used here.

I don’t want to derail the thread too much; my suggestion to IELTS takers, read ielts made easy pdf cover to cover if you can and watch Jays tips on YouTube. There’s a Cambridge book that has a range of vocabularies for the different sections from which essays are created and sample Band 9 essays. (I can’t remember the name and my laptop isn’t with me atm. Unfortunately, the materials aren’t on my phone). Ask for help from people around you. I understand we don’t want people knowing our plans but sometimes being too secretive does more harm than good. I got materials from my colleagues taking PLAB etc.
If I had kept my plans to myself, maybe I wouldn’t have gotten all their ideas, tips and materials.

Finally, may we obtain all our good heart desires.
God bless..
#backtohibernationmode

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Darocksvip: 7:34am On Jun 11, 2019
Geebee5:

Please I'm interested. I sent you a pm
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Kmgb1: 7:35am On Jun 11, 2019
Owlette:
LOL. 6.8 though?

Lol..it's 6 in writing and 8 in speaking!..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by BYACHEM: 7:36am On Jun 11, 2019
Any update contact ?? Kindly share if you have one.

xcaper:
Unilag also, MBA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by YoungDharniel: 7:47am On Jun 11, 2019
Geebee5:

Hi, send your number to me privately if you're on telegram so I can forward the files to you.

Please check your mail.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by godG: 7:50am On Jun 11, 2019
Joromi12:
but she passed na lol. Jay e2 is a phd student/ holder in english. He had 7.5 twice and 8.5. Writing is a skill most of us rarely use because there is auto correct and gramarly . If you check the marking criteria for writing you would see the reason for 7. My friend wrote 3 times in nigeria and wrote once in the USA she had 6.5 in writing all through.

Exactly my point.

I'm a doctoral student as well and I teach first year composition in the US. Trust me, most people don't know how to write, even Americans. Writing is an art. It's difficult. For some, the difficulty is because they are from a disadvantaged background (family, work, lifestyle, etc.). For others, it's because they are unwilling to unlearn many of the things they have been told about writing.

The kind of writing you do in IELTS is rooted in the the Communicative Approach to Language Teaching (CALT). And there is a lot of spontaneity that comes with that. You should be able to make-up and weave ideas together on the spot. And they should make sense. Now, if you aren't familiar with CALT, the spontaneity part is usually difficult.

Unfortunately for Nigerians, most of us were taught writing in secondary school and college using the Traditional/Grammatical Approach to Language Teaching. We focused way too much on things that do not really matter: where to put the comma, the full stop, the semicolons, etc.

In the US and most Western countries, grammar is the last thing you learn if you are learning a language. Same approach is used to teach writing. There is a reason most writing tutors on YouTube will tell you to focus on paragraph development and coherence first before thinking about grammatical accuracy.

The approach is usually difficult for Nigerians. Most Nigerians want to ensure that their writings are grammatically sound WHILE also developing their paragraphs. That is not a good way to write. Writing is a process. Your first and most important task is to make sense - - communication. Grammatical accuracy should come last.

The problem with focusing on grammar WHILE developing your paragraph is that you tend to lose track of your ideas/thoughts. Consequently, your essay will end up not having coherence. No flow.

I'm not telling you that you don't have to worry about grammar; rather, I'm telling you that you have to worry more about communicating your thoughts in the simplest and most coherent way possible.

If I have to take some glucose to be able to make sense of your writing, then something is off somewhere.

Good luck to those putting in the work.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 11, 2019
godG:

Exactly my point.

I'm a doctoral student as well and I teach first year composition in the US. Trust me, most people don't know how to write, even Americans. Writing is an art. It's difficult. For some, the difficulty is because they are from

Good luck to those putting in the work.
I agree with you. Lets put in the required work. Ielts never set the bench mark to use. Schools use 6. IRCC decided to use 7. Even during waec majority had C in english . My brother had 7 distinctions in waec and 1 C in english. Very easy to blame ielts those that passed dont have 2 heads. Nurses going for UK now need 6.5 in writing. IRCC can do same but i know they wont as the pool will become flooded.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by johnnybravo1990: 8:15am On Jun 11, 2019
Topsmamen:

1. Does your ADR say, "pay slips and/or bank statements"? If yes, then get and submit your bank statements for the 3rd. If no, then it's best to get the payslips and bank statements for all.

2. Download the Schedule A Background Declaration Form (IMM 5669E) and fill it.

3. Also download the Additional Family Information Form (IMM5645).

The links for downloading forms are not opening. The links say I need Adobe 8 reader, but I know I have Adobe Acrobat reader which should be higher than Adobe 8.

Please does anyone have any other link I can download the above forms?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jbaby09: 8:29am On Jun 11, 2019
It’s not for personal history but for creating the EE profile..

Thank you so much

bankyh1905:
I agree. Moreover, I reckon if you're on the EE path, you'll had your degree(s) in the last 10 years which you must include in your "Personal History". So if it's in Personal History, I see no reason why one should not include it, even if one is claiming points for only the highest degree.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jbaby09: 8:32am On Jun 11, 2019
Ooh yes I read that; but I thought it won’t hurt to ask those that are ahead of this stage !!!

Thanks a lot

Tochai007:
@Jbaby09

The Schedule A form asked you to - Give full details of all the secondary and post secondary education (including university, college and apprenticeship training) you have had.

It has nothing to do with what you have an ECA on.[i][/i]
Please, we should learn to read instructions.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Queencyco: 8:55am On Jun 11, 2019
squad1:

Hello, I just want to double check so i won't make mistake. Do i need to input the University address when filling the form?

Hi, which of the forms please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by squad1: 9:17am On Jun 11, 2019
Queencyco:

Hi, which of the forms please?

ICES ECA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bozz007(m): 9:19am On Jun 11, 2019
johnnybravo1990:

The links for downloading forms are not opening. The links say I need Adobe 8 reader, but I know I have Adobe Acrobat reader which should be higher than Adobe 8.

Your browser is likely trying to open the pdf within the browser. You need to disable that feature and set it to download pdfs instead of opening.

If you are using chrome, go to settings, scroll down and click on "site settings" then scroll down and click on pdf documents and enable the download pdf option instead of opening in chrome.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by OgechiElekwa123: 9:27am On Jun 11, 2019
Ok. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by tolfa(m): 9:31am On Jun 11, 2019
Boss Johnny, you need to download or install Adobe reader version 10 for you to be able to view the document. If you are able to do that, no issues irrespective of the link given
johnnybravo1990:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Queencyco: 9:35am On Jun 11, 2019
squad1:

ICES ECA
If you're talking about filling out your online application, then I don't think there's a place for university address. There's only a part for name of institution.
The only address I'm aware of is your own address, where you would want them to mail your report to.
The University email, address and phone number is contained in your transcript, so if they need to reach them, they can get the info from there.

Just follow the step by step application procedure on the website and you'll be fine.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Delepa: 9:38am On Jun 11, 2019
Amen my dear brother..... I am new in this and I believe I will be an among the lucky ones soon
hlemon:
Welcome to part 8!!

In this thread, we would witness massive breakthrough in IELTS smashing, ITA clinching (sub 450), POF completion etc, for a lot of folks here. And of course, inspiring PPR testimonies.

Never give up, it will surely end in praise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (693)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.