Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,826 members, 7,828,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1057286 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Delepa: 9:41am On Jun 11, 2019
Brother, please how can i talk to u in private so u can guide me on the procesures am new here ... My number is 08126681485.... thanks uoteQueencyco post=79218219]
If you're talking about filling out your online application, then I don't think there's a place for university address. There's only a part for name of institution.
The only address I'm aware of is your own address, where you should want them to mail your report to.
The University email, address and phone number is contained in your transcript, so if they need to reach them, they can get the info from there.

Just follow the step by step application procedure on the website and you'll be fine. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 11, 2019
Hello friends,

I have 2 questions.

First, is it possible i use a separate account asides my salary account for POF purposes? The separate account has more transaction history than the salary account. Also, if I'm usinf the separate acct, do i still need to submit payslips for my salary acct?

Secondly, if a large chunk of money drops in my account like 2months before submitting documentation after ITA, and this sum(proceeds from a side hustle) is separate from gift deed also sent to me, will it raise an eyebrow??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 9:56am On Jun 11, 2019
Whiteshirtsonly:
Hey Johnnybravo... If you got the same adr as you on April 15 (payslips, salary bank deposits, updated POF, schedule a and add. Family.

For the payslips and bank deposits, I went back 7 months. I had the bank deposits printed by the bank only only the days deposits were made (that's 7 sheets for bank deposit statement and 7 sheets for the payslips).

Please be aware that the link given in the adr to upload the documents is not the only place you upload to. Please check your profile, under the status of your PR Application, you will notice that your "action is required". When you go into your PR Application, you will have to upload the documents individually - it also has a "required by" column showing the deadline to upload. I almost missed this, please check it out.

Whiteshirtsonly:

Please let the gurus in the house confirm this is okay. I did mine out of faith and what other's advised. I got my PPR.
I personally think the upload through the profile is more important, but still find a way to compress and upload to the link provided.

Agreed. This happened to @nonen. He uploaded the ADR documents using only the link. He did not receive acknowledgement of the ADR submission for a week until he realized he was supposed to log in to his PR profile to upload the documents. It's best to upload the documents in using both mediums, the link and the PR application profile.

12 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by KejiT1(f): 9:58am On Jun 11, 2019
GozyNA:

You can pass it if you put in the work. Some positivity won’t hurt too.

Hi...
I understand your point, but reading a lot for retention( esp for an examination) isnt my strength ,coupled with work factor, Although 'm better with calculations. Mere scanning through the downloaded ba1-4 practice has left me more confused and � .
Not being negative here, I know others WILL definitely make it if they put in their best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 10:08am On Jun 11, 2019
moneybag4411:
Hello friends,

I have 2 questions.

First, is it possible i use a separate account asides my salary account for POF purposes? For sure, as long as you have the required funds.
The separate account has more transaction history than the salary account. Also, if I'm using the separate acct, do i still need to submit payslips for my salary acct? Payslips are optional but it's a possibility that you're asked to send it later via an ADR.

Secondly, if a large chunk of money drops in my account like 2months before submitting documentation after ITA, and this sum(proceeds from a side hustle) is separate from gift deed also sent to me, will it raise an eyebrow?? It's safe that you explain the source of the moneybag large deposit and back it up with evidence. grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 11, 2019
Topsmamen:

Thanks bro grin

We are yet to conclude on that NOC choice ooo. Mind if we talk via email
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by tekay: 11:02am On Jun 11, 2019
I'll like to have it too, I'll pm you. Thanks

Geebee5:

Hi, send your number to me privately if you're on telegram so I can forward the files to you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by perfectgen(m): 11:04am On Jun 11, 2019
Avidreader748:

Go to the search bar, type 'WES FAX' all the info on it will pop up!

Waec will send transcript alongside the result checker.
Yes, you will request that they send your transcript to wes.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by squad1: 11:34am On Jun 11, 2019
Queencyco:

If you're talking about filling out your online application, then I don't think there's a place for university address. There's only a part for name of institution.
The only address I'm aware of is your own address, where you would want them to mail your report to.
The University email, address and phone number is contained in your transcript, so if they need to reach them, they can get the info from there.

Just follow the step by step application procedure on the website and you'll be fine.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 11:36am On Jun 11, 2019
moneybag4411:
Thanks bro grin

We are yet to conclude on that NOC choice ooo. Mind if we talk via email

Sure bro. Anytime.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by beabeasquare: 11:38am On Jun 11, 2019
PPR rain already started falling!!! People will soon start posting their testimonies smiley smiley smiley

It's time to celebrate
Scandinavian02:
Which kind PPR drought be this nawww?

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Iwinosified: 11:55am On Jun 11, 2019
Good morning all. Please a friend of mine has just gotten her unilag Masters and has applied for SOR. I have advised her to use WES as against the ICES she opted for being that she already evaluated her Bsc last year with the former. She's worried about the waec verification, for lack of time to move about(New job). I wasn't aware that an upgrade would require waec. Please I know there was someone here who was helping completely with the waec verification for a fee but I cant seem to locate any of his posts. If you can help with it and or have used him please kindly help. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Johzn2020: 11:59am On Jun 11, 2019
Please help me! What are the details required to be in the affidavit to be submitted to WAEC for results evaluation to WES. Or can someone help with a snapshot of a sample.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 11:59am On Jun 11, 2019
@Avidreader748
Iwinosified:
Good morning all. Please a friend of mine has just gotten her unilag Masters and has applied for SOR. I have advised her to use WES as against the ICES she opted for being that she already evaluated her Bsc last year with the former. She's worried about the waec verification, for lack of time to move about(New job). I wasn't aware that an upgrade would require waec. Please I know there was someone here who was helping completely with the waec verification for a fee but I cant seem to locate any of his posts. If you can help with it and or have used him please kindly help. Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Iwinosified: 12:13pm On Jun 11, 2019
ladymarshall:
@Avidreader748

Thank you ladymarshall.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by mobenjackson(m): 12:15pm On Jun 11, 2019
mobenjackson:
hello everyone please help with the right set of NOC for these jobs.

1. CREDIT/LOAN OFFICER [b](i think NOC 6235).... not sure

• Direct promotion in markets.
• Sourcing for new clients via direct marketing.
• Evaluation of loan applications and preparation of loan proposals.
• Assuring long-term relationship (Relationship Management) through high client satisfaction, reaching a high ratio of revolving clients
• Screening of potential clients.
• In-depth assessment of loan applications and preparation of loan proposals.
• Active participation in credit committee.
• Presentation of loan proposals to credit committee.
• Portfolio Management with full responsibility for its growth and quality (monitoring of disbursed Loans, follow up on timely repayment and Initiating and leading recovery activities).
• Analyze and interpret financial statement of businesses with the use of Microsoft excel to access the repayment capacity and financial soundness of the borrower.

2. Job Title:Contribution Processing Officer (Investment Admininistration)

Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Process all assigned schedules in with the daily allocation
• Report and follow up on all schedules related issues to Relationship management team /Reconciliation unit daily; if any.
• Ensure processing of contributions schedules into RSA within 48 hours and update
FDR by 1.00pm daily
• Filling of daily FDRs and all acknowledgment of correspondence within the unit in line
with the ISSO policy.
• Keep and management of daily csv use for processing of client transactions.
• Attend to Issue on Unprocessed Monies
• Process discovered pin as assigned by your supervisor
• Maintain accuracy of client records during processing/upload to pension
administration system.
• Crediting of RSA holders Accounts
• Exception management and reports
• Unprocessed Monies issue

Pls the seniors in the house... HELP with the right NOCs
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 12:18pm On Jun 11, 2019
Seen. Replied you smiley

Kmgb1:
The english Marshall where are u oo,pls i need your help! A friend needs help in writing she had 9,8.5,6.8 RLWS. She has since asked for a remark and also booked another test for june 29.
LadyMarshall im in your pm pleaaaaseee
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 12:23pm On Jun 11, 2019
Jay even had a 6.5 during his first attempt. He said the shock inspired him to inquire about the marking criteria, redo and help others. Lol. Ielts is a humbler of the mighty

Joromi12:
but she passed na lol. Jay e2 is a phd student/ holder in english. He had 7.5 twice and 8.5. Writing is a skill most of us rarely use because there is auto correct and gramarly . If you check the marking criteria for writing you would see the reason for 7. My friend wrote 3 times in nigeria and wrote once in the USA she had 6.5 in writing all through.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 12:26pm On Jun 11, 2019
grin grin grin

Adunnee:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

COPR in the bag...LOS-YYZ Direct flight, non-stop.

(Edo Airways things)

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Hobyno: 12:32pm On Jun 11, 2019
johnnybravo1990:

The links for downloading forms are not opening. The links say I need Adobe 8 reader, but I know I have Adobe Acrobat reader which should be higher than Adobe 8.

Please does anyone have any other link I can download the above forms?
Dont open in web page click on download at the right hand page it downloads to your computer then open from there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 12:38pm On Jun 11, 2019
grin grin grin
Topsmamen:

Right away Sis. No, no need for GCMS notes at all. Please click here: Adunnee's Application Folder at VO. grin

I'm doing great sis. Meanwhile, where is @Stencil and @yemblaze?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 12:43pm On Jun 11, 2019
Congrats. Hope you've uploaded.

My expectations are high for your PPR script. Don't disappoint me bro wink
johnnybravo1990:
I just got an ADR(Additional Document Request).

1. I need to provide pay slips and bank account statement statements highlighting salary deposited of 3 places I have worked for. I know I can easily get payslips of only two of these places which are private establishments in the city where I currently live; these two places can even make up for 3 years of experience already. Should I bother trying to get the payslips for the third place which is a large federal institution, knowing I will have to travel for this, and there will be plenty bureaucracy involved along with monetary expenses that will be incurred?

For the pay slips, do I need to get for all the months I worked, or just a few, say 6months?

2. I’m seeing something like Schedule A Background Declaration form(IMM5696). Abeg how they do that one? Where do I get the forms

3. Also there is Additional Family Information Form(IMM5646). What do I do here? Where do I get the forms also?

Please your advice is needed urgently.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 12:48pm On Jun 11, 2019
That happens sometimes. Just try at another time.
Jbaby09:
thank you so much...
GC KEY REVOKED..

BUT AFTER CREATING THE USERNAME AND PASSWORD INCLUSIVE SECURITY QUESTIONS, IT KEEPS TAKING ME BACK TO THE CIC HOME PAGE

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 12:54pm On Jun 11, 2019
Hey Prof, we miss you o. Thanks for checking in grin

@bolded Before nko, I'm here na. Your legacy lives on grin grin Meet our new team member @Richness1104

Hope landing prep is smooth. All the best to you in Canny

raphrulz:
Wow!!!

Its been a while i've been here. I can see the ministry is really moving to permanent site.

What gladdens my heart the most is the fact that the PPR script marking has remained.

Thanks to the Nairaland Canadian Family (NCF)... God bless you all.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 1:13pm On Jun 11, 2019
mobenjackson:
hello everyone please help with the right set of NOC for these jobs.

1.CREDIT/LOAN OFFICER (i think NOC 6235).... not sure

2.Contribution Processing Officer (Investment Administration)

6235 and 1112.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 1:18pm On Jun 11, 2019
Not really. Even Indians complain bitterly about it too

iaatmguy:
guess the crusade is against Nigerians. You need to compare the rubbish Indians write, ESPECIALLY THOSE POST AOR. Well I don't blame them, no one wants too many Nigerians in their country. If the standard dished out to Nigerians by ielts, is the same for every country, then I doubt if any Asian would go to Australia, where you need to get 8,8,8,8.
Its all good sha
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by adebee16: 1:28pm On Jun 11, 2019
Timeline
EE Profile: November 11,2018
ITA: November 15, 2018
AOR: November 28, 2018
MEP/BIL: January 7, 2019
Biometrics Completed: January 9, 2019
PPR: June 11, 2019, dated June 10
Visa Office: Ottawa
ADR: None
Family of 2

I never imagined I would have to settle down outside Nigeria. It wasn't a dream at all. I believed strongly in a better Nigeria. I was involved in a lot of small community projects; going to secondary schools, prisons and the likes. I however knew I didn't get value for my first degree (biological sciences), so I'd decided early I would only do Masters outside Naija, even if na Ghana�. Things worked well and I did my Masters in the UK, everyone told me to work on staying back or moving to another country. I said no I love my Naija. In fact my course of study was chosen because I wanted to add value to the country in my own little way.

Anyway, I didn't get my first job until about 10 months after I got back to naija and my M.Sc wasn't even put into consideration at all, just BSc�. It was still in my field, so I figured it can only get better. Sadly, I had to resign when it became a case of kill the job or the job will kill you. I fell ill TOO many times, used so much antibiotics, even my appendix was inflammed at some point, the job was that stressful and they didn't employ enough hands.

I left the job and started my own small business to keep body and soul together. Since no job was forthcoming, I thought it best to go for my PhD (outside naija) but I wanted funding. I didn't want to pay tuition for that. The search for scholarships/funding continued on and off, but half-heartedly. Life brought it's own up and downs. But I'd now given up on my beloved country and regretted not starting my PhD immediately after Masters. Wetin I come find for here? I got countless job offers from the UK, Visa was the only issue. Quite sad, I love Naija but I'm obviously not needed or wanted here. Hubby isn't working in his dream career either, in short, Naija don tire both of us

A new friend(God bless her) got to know my husband and I did our Masters in the UK and she excitedly brought up EE. That we would get good points and we only needed to pass IELTS. I immediately went to nairaland. It was my go to place for my Tier 4(student) UK Visa. I knew I'd find info there, I wasn't wrong. This was early June 2018 and that was how the journey started, totally DIY. I read, read, and read.

IELTS
Registered for IELTS in June. My good friend gave me materials and then I used some channels on YouTube. We wrote the exam July 28; Results LRSW:9, 8.5, 8, 6.5. I was really annoyed� I told everyone I wouldn't not write it again o. Hubby's scores were just enough. Overall band 6.5. I submitted EOR about 3 days after the results came out. Got a feedback on Aug 28 (exactly a month from test date), score changed to 7. I was ecstatic. I was initially so scared that it was that fast because it was unchanged. Started WES and running around for POF immediately after.

ECA
We used WES since we both had foreign masters degrees. It was quite easy and fast enough. ECA completed November 6, 2016. We didn't pay for registered mail or courier. We only used the pdf copy sent. I later got my hardcopy but hubby's seems to still be hanging somewhere. Not like we care, lol. *We eventually got his in May,2019.

PCC
UK PCC, we applied online and delivery address was a relative's place in the UK. We used tenancy agreement as proof of address as our bank details had not yet been updated to reflect our current address. They simply scanned them to us. It took just about 5 days. Naija PCC at Alagbon, same day we did medicals. 5k each. Quick and easy too.

Medicals
Done at Qlife on November 19, 2018. Booked on 12th of November. It was around that time everyone was saying Qlife was booked till February, 2019 and looking for slots or swaps on here. I was so worried. I called and surprisingly, the lady asked when I wanted to come, I said as soon as possible and then boom! She said November 19th. I was dazed but I knew it was God at work. Thanks to @hephgirl's tip, we stayed in a hotel just a stonethrow from Qlife because we don't live in Lagos. Medicals was hitchfree.

ITA
Remember I'd booked medicals for 19th, the previous draw was a Monday, I became anxious when another draw wasn't forthcoming. Finally, draws came on the 15th (Wednesday), cutoff was 449 and our CRS was 450. Super close right? Yea. When ITA finally came, oh dear, the excitement was palpable. It felt surreal, like yeaaaa, this is happening for real... I then wondered what PPR, COPR and landing would feel like.

POF
We had sorted this a few weeks after successful IELTS EOR. We pulled and scraped everything together into hubby's Stanbic Mutual funds. We wanted to change it into a joint one but they asked for 10% of the total amount. We laughed and yabbed them wella. So if you want a joint mutual funds account, do it right when you are opening it. Hubby had opened his since 2016. We submitted just the Reference letter from them and a No objection affidavit by hubby that I had access to the funds in his name.

WORK EXPERIENCE/REFERENCE LETTER
I used claimed points for just a year. Total experience was less than 3 years so there was no point. Other work experiences were stated in personal history, including my current self-employed status. Work experience for hubby was stated only in personal history too.

P.S: There was a spelling error in hubby's name on our marriage certificate, we submitted an affidavit and a letter of explanation. Attached both to the marriage certificate and submitted that in the marriage documents placeholder.

POST AOR
Application was submitted on November 28, 2018. I believed we would have PPR by the end of February or March latest. Hahaha ! It turned out to be a long wait. We'd planned to be out of Nigeria by May/June but Ottawa had other plans. I joined our Naija AOR WhatsApp group and they became a strong support system, great vibes, new friends, prayer buddies and so on. I was initially relieved when I found out our application is in Ottawa but... well through it all, God remained faithful.
***Hubby had a UK visiting visa refusal in 2007, he doesn't even have the passport anymore. Found out through a conversation here that, we only answered YES to one of the Visa refusal questions instead of the two. Quickly raised a CSE as advised. The CSE was simply an explanation that it was an oversight.

Ordered GCMS notes in March, got it in April, Criminality only passed. Application untouched since January. Called early May after my AOR on our group got, same story. Sent a mail to Ralph on May 28 (exactly 6 months postAOR) still same story. Eligibility and Security not yet started. At this point, I felt everything possible, I was just tired and decided to just chill completely and stop setting my mind on summer landing. Let God's will be done. There's nothing too hard or difficult for Him, and He's never late or early. Always on time. So I decided to just REST in Him and wait till the appointed time. The call made last Thursday was still same old status. Alas PPR this morning.

I wish us all God's very best and may Canada favour us.

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Hobyno: 1:48pm On Jun 11, 2019
adebee16:
Timeline
PPR: June 11, 2019, dated June 108^

Congrats

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jennypharb1: 1:58pm On Jun 11, 2019
adebee16:
Timeline
Family of 2

Congratulations dear, the grace of God prosper you abundantly in your new home. Thanks for the reminder, the vision is yet for an appointed time. Ottawa sha, just did an about turn on us fast processing hopefuls. Issokay, it will surely speak.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by iaatmguy(m): 2:06pm On Jun 11, 2019
ladymarshall:
Not really. Even Indians complain bitterly about it too

naaa, those are extreme cases of ineptness. but those post AOR nko ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Adunnee: 2:06pm On Jun 11, 2019
adebee16:
Timeline
Family of 2

Congratulations!!! Now, you can breathe.

May Canada favour you and yours.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (693)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.