Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,965 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1047364 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ladykeigh: 11:56pm On Jun 17, 2019
abyejecks:
Update:

I just created my profile some minutes ago. Chilling with 475 waiting for next draw.

Thanks family

All the very best of luck! wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ladykeigh: 12:00am On Jun 18, 2019
Good evening house, please I need your input.

My husband is reluctant to get started. Can I be the principal applicant ? I have a B.Sc in Computer science but never worked as a Computer scientist. I also have a certificate in Oracle Database Administration as an Associate. But never practised.

Worked in Customer service and Banking (Loan recovery ) for 2 years and 2 and half years respectively.

I have worked as a cook in my food business for 6 years since I resigned at my bank job. Will I stand a chance ? My husband on the other hand is the Country Program Manager at a Solar energy company, he studied Statistics. No Masters degree nor certificates. We both have B.Sc only. I am 32 years old and he's 36 years old.

I just want to get started, I'm tired of taking in all the information without getting anything done as I have relied on my husband to do stuff. Can I get my culinary school certificate evaluated to begin with ?

What's the first step to take, please ? I'd appreciate any help.Thank you all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by GozyNA: 12:30am On Jun 18, 2019
oluwareni:
Good evening everyone.

Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread in one way or the other.

So.. i finally decided to get on with my application and the first place someone told me is to make Nairaland my Bible.

Peeps!!! i have read and read pages of the thread and my head is almost blowing. it is a whole lot of information to process.

Can i please ask for a buddy that can put me through. This is a plea.

Background
- Single
- Msc
- 4 years work experience in financial sector
- 26 years

Not sure what else is required but would be grateful if i can just have a partner to mentor me though.

Thanks everyone.

Page 1 of this thread is the best mentor for you.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Omarzx: 12:39am On Jun 18, 2019
Good morning all. Please I need clarification on this Ices process and I want to know if I'm doing the registration properly.
I don't understand the additional order fee .Please is it necessary.
I attached a screenshot of the page

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by nwabuzorjuliet: 12:44am On Jun 18, 2019
ladymarshall:
We appreciate you for checking in with us.

Page one of this thread is most important. It has everything basic, check here https://www.nairaland.com/5187408/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

Diploma+BSC could be evaluated as two or more certs by WES based on previous sucesses but I am not sure about Uniben’s diploma, perhaps other Uniben alumni who are more informed on it could respond more authoritatively.

Are you asking if a Bachelors degree in Engineering would be evaluated as a Masters degree? Why would you think so? Or perhaps I misread the question. Engineering is not evaluated as a professional degree for EE application tho.

@Avidreader748 has a Neco contact in Minna

I appreciate your response. Thank you. I shall channel all of my energy into reading part 1 then. With regards to the latter, it was a wrong interpretation of some other information. I shall contact Avidreader748 too.. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ikoyila: 1:46am On Jun 18, 2019
somebody help a beginner like me with necessary information.
thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ikoyila: 1:46am On Jun 18, 2019
thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 1:55am On Jun 18, 2019
mrshk:
Hello all,

I'm having trouble paying our application fee online with a Polaris Mastercard, total is CAD$2850...which bank mastercards have been successfully used? I have a GTB account and we also have a First Bank account.

Thanks

I used Zenith and it worked well

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by MamaAaron: 2:20am On Jun 18, 2019
michaelmahone:
Good day Madam. Pls I heard the NECO result is to verify your DOB. But my NECO result does not have DOB on it. Does your result have DOB on it? And can I still use this my original NECO result if it does not have the DOB? Thanks

Yes you can still use it. Mine doesn't have date of birth as well
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by MamaAaron: 2:23am On Jun 18, 2019
bbpin:

TIMELINE:

ITA: Jan 23 2019
AOR: feb 12, 2019.
MED passed/ BIL: April 2, 2019.
Biometrics submitted/updated: April 5, 2019
ADR: June 11 2019
ADR submitted June 13 2019
Ghost update 14th June
PPR: June 15th, 2019 dated June 14th 2019
VO- Ottawa
Family of 4
Congratulations to you and your family.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by MamaAaron: 2:27am On Jun 18, 2019
bukkie04:
Thanks so much.
I spoke with the contacts yesterday - Mr Omoyeni and Mr Moses. I was told to come after exams which is July 15th.

For all those requesting for NECO, you may need to wait till then.

You are welcome.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by MamaAaron: 2:28am On Jun 18, 2019
bukkie04:
This is NECO processing simplified.
Gracia kiss

Am glad it is useful
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 2:54am On Jun 18, 2019
Answers in bold.
Please play around with the CRS tool and come back with more questions.

Ladykeigh:
Good evening house, please I need your input.

My husband is reluctant to get started. Can I be the principal applicant ? I have a B.Sc in Computer science but never worked as a Computer scientist. I also have a certificate in Oracle Database Administration as an Associate. But never practiced.
You don't have to work in your field of study to qualify for EE. As long as your degree can be evaluated and your work experience in a valid NOC (0, A, B). (Please see page 1)

Worked in Customer service and Banking (Loan recovery ) for 2 years and 2 and half years respectively. You will get max points for 3+ years of experience provided you can get the proof of work experience. (Please see page 1)

I have worked as a cook in my food business for 6 years since I resigned at my bank job. Will I stand a chance ? Yes ma'am, you stand a chance.

My husband on the other hand is the Country Program Manager at a Solar energy company, he studied Statistics. No Masters degree nor certificates.
We both have B.Sc only. You both need to evaluate your degrees.

I am 32 years old and he's 36 years old. You should be the primary applicant. Your age is an advantage.

I just want to get started, I'm tired of taking in all the information without getting anything done as I have relied on my husband to do stuff.
You can get started and he will follow suit when he sees progress.

Can I get my culinary school certificate evaluated to begin with ? I just re-read your degrees and you might actually qualify for two or more degrees. I am not a 100% sure about this so I'll cc Topsmamen.

What's the first step to take, please ?
1. Calculate your score here using 8777 for IELTS (LRWS).
Edit: Did a quick simulation, you might need to max out IELTS to get into the 450/460s
2. Start evaluating your degree(s) as this is time consuming. Please note that WES requires WAEC for Nigerian degrees. If you don't want that hassle, you might want to look at other evaluation bodies. (Please see page 1)
3. Study and write IELTS.
4. Embrace the warmth of the Express entry pool, the water is "perfect" now, things might get rowdy after the election.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by nwabuzorjuliet: 3:04am On Jun 18, 2019
adanac13:
you do not need a lagos contact for NECO everything will be processed in Minna
their website is also very functional too so you can call the contact numbers on there
all you need to apply
1) buy 2 NECO scratch cards
2) use one of the cards to generate your neck result from the website and print (at least 2 copies)
3) write a letter to NECO requesting that your statement of result be forwarded to your desired destination
4) now if you are sending to WES be sure to quote your reference number and clearly write out their address also state that you are enclosing in the envelop a second scratch card to for posted along with their response to WES
5) Go to remita website and select NECO to make payment
6) now choose your courier service (I used DHL to enable me track the movement, you can also use the tracking number on the envelop addressed to WES on the WES website)
7) buy two courier bags first one should be addressed from you to NECO Minna (enclose in that one the printed statement of result and your application letter and proof of payment on remita(government payment platform)
cool then the second envelop must be addressed to WES from NECO the second NECO scratch card should be inside this envelop
9) then post to NECO
10) cost 30k+

PS: for 7 above I received a call from a NECO staff telling me I under paid and needed to add 4k, he gave me the option on going back to remita and paying of sending the money to him to make the payment there at their office. It was a risk I had to take cos having to post that one again would cost me another 4k+ so i took the chance. Luckily the guy made the payment and sent me a photo of my receipt grin.

Don't worry its not stressful don't be intimidated by the long post

Infact let me add the response from NECO

Do find below the procedure for result confirmation.

Apply for confirmation of result, the fee of which is 1,050 Naira payable into the National Examinations Council's Treasury Single Account (TSA), payment of which can only be made in Nigeria. Attach the original copy of the payment receipt and an online copy of your result to your letter of request for result confirmation. You are to submit via speed post/courier service delivery directly to the following:

· OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR,
· NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL,
· KILOMETER 8, BIDA ROAD, MINNA,
· NIGER STATE.

· Please note: you are to make provisions for the posting of the result confirmation to the destination school/institution, by including a self-paid speed-post return envelope, already addressed to the recipient, as this will facilitate quick delivery. Also, note that you need to indicate the recipient in your application as we do not give confirmed results to candidates directly.

For details regarding payment into TSA account, kindly contact the Account section of any NECO office nearest to you.

Thanks for the information; well received.Plus I refuse to be intimidated ooo.. lol

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bigwizzy001(m): 5:05am On Jun 18, 2019
bigwizzy001:

I don't think BCS will increase my point when I already have Masters degree. I think all these exams are for someone with either Bsc or ND to upgrade to 2 or more certificates. Msc is already bigger than 2 or more certificates. No point registering for BCS or other diplomas. Am I making sense?

My e-family, please help me look into this. I want to be sure I'm saying the right thing or with my Masters, can I still enrol for BCS?

Why is no one answering me on this ? Please help provide an insightful answer to this. It is to make a decision as I need to increase my crs with the way point is skyrocketing.

Thanks...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by danianne: 5:33am On Jun 18, 2019
U already have a masters which will fetch you more points than the ACCA. You will not get any additional point for the ACCA.
Start by evaluating your M.sc certificate and prepare for IELTS. Good luck.
Note: your ACCA will come in handy when you want to convert to CPA later on, that is if you want to practice Accounting in canada.

oluwareni:
One quick question please.

I have 2 more paper left for my ACCA qualification. Can I get any point on the back of this?

*fingers crossed*

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by danianne: 5:36am On Jun 18, 2019
If you already have a masters, you don't need the BCS program.

bigwizzy001:

I don't think BCS will increase my point when I already have Masters degree. I think all these exams are for someone with either Bsc or ND to upgrade to 2 or more certificates. Msc is already bigger than 2 or more certificates. No point registering for BCS or other diplomas. Am I making sense?

My e-family, please help me look into this. I want to be sure I'm saying the right thing or with my Masters, can I still enrol for BCS?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Scandinavian02: 6:15am On Jun 18, 2019
Delvisfrank:
Good evening,
Please what do I need to do in order to migrate to Canada with a permanent resident visa?
Elders should please mentor me, I need to be on the right track.

You need to cram page one.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 6:17am On Jun 18, 2019
9 people agreed with you by liking your post. Yes, Master's degree is higher than two or more degrees. You can check this with the CRS tool.

bigwizzy001:

Why is no one answering me on this ? Please help provide an insightful answer to this. It is to make a decision as I need to increase my crs with the way point is skyrocketing.

Thanks...

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Aibisoye0: 6:25am On Jun 18, 2019
Hello house,

Please who has used the option of western union to pay for WES? Does it work from Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by tolfa(m): 6:58am On Jun 18, 2019
Why not pay using a debit or credit card so as to save yourself the stress
Aibisoye0:
Hello house,

Please who has used the option of western union to pay for WES? Does it work from Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Queencyco: 6:59am On Jun 18, 2019
Good morning house,
Please can someone advice me on how to get a refund from WES, please?

I really need that money back.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ananne: 7:14am On Jun 18, 2019
WeAreDLucky1s:

Feedback to those who might have same question later on.

I was able to get across to IDP MOD IELTS CENTER today via their Telephone Line;

09023201067, 09025756632, 09025850398

Please can you kindly send me the IDP preparatory materials to me. I am still in my ECA but want to start preparing for ielts. I intend to write with MOD.

I sent you a pm.
These numbers are available from 9am-4pm Mon.-Fri only.

The Test Center office only open on Saturday if its a Test day, available for test takers.

*IDP MOD affirmed they DO NOT offer Computer Based Test or Computer Delivered Test in Nigeria as at now.

Also for the record;

- You can pay without going to the bank or visiting their office.
- I paid via the Mobile Banking App (N68,000) and made unedited screenshot of the "Successful" notification as well the SMS alert.
- The screenshots including Identification Card/Int'l Passport and the Booking confirmation email was forward to their official email: info@ielts.ng
- Booking approved and confirmation of payment was done within 5 hours via email.
- Upon confirmation, the email also comes with a link to IELTS preparation resources/materials. - Recommended.

Note: BC offers CBT for IELTS GT.

I hope this is helpful.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by successhungry: 7:20am On Jun 18, 2019
Hi,everyone. Please,i attempted to pay processing fee(post-ita) but i got a response which says'declined-transaction not approved'. Has anyone had this issue before? How did he/she get it solved?NB: There is sufficient fund in the account(s) i have tried using.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by successhungry: 7:21am On Jun 18, 2019
Queencyco:
Good morning house,
Please can someone advice me on how to get a refund from WES, please?

I really need that money back.

Send a mail

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Itzchord: 7:22am On Jun 18, 2019
MSc is higher than ACCA ma
oluwareni:
One quick question please.

I have 2 more paper left for my ACCA qualification. Can I get any point on the back of this?

*fingers crossed*

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 7:23am On Jun 18, 2019
Claire18:
Huge Congratulations to you!!! I a so happy for you...and your sister. It was surely worth the push! Welcome to Canada

Many thanks sis smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 7:25am On Jun 18, 2019
ikoyila:

thanks
The necessary information can be found on Page 1 fam.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by adanac13: 7:28am On Jun 18, 2019
wow congrats the next draw is yours, hopefully my ECA comes out before then so I can dive in too

Ladykeigh:

All the very best of luck! wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Lawlar1: 7:38am On Jun 18, 2019
Omarzx:
Good morning all. Please I need clarification on this Ices process and I want to know if I'm doing the registration properly.
I don't understand the additional order fee .Please is it necessary.
I attached a screenshot of the page

I don't think you need extra copy and why are you using ICES since you have three certificates to evaluate? Why not consider WES?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by VECOH1(m): 7:42am On Jun 18, 2019
Thanks for your input. How do I get the list of airlines to use?

Suspectzero:
I've done quite a bit of research on this myself. Getting into Canada won't be a problem so long as you're a permanent resident, that is you have your COPR. It's the country you'll be transiting through that you should beware of to make sure they'll let you through with limited time on your passport. I suggest you inquire from the airline you plan to use if your passport expiry date would be a problem before you purchase their ticket.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 7:43am On Jun 18, 2019
*walks into class

"Students, tear out a sheet of paper and answer the following question".

"It's somebody's PPR!!! Our very own! Who's this person? Select no more than 1 answer and fill the blank space".

Heph ____

A). man
B). woman
C). boy
D). girl
E). bro
F). sis
G). oga
H). madam
I). oga madam
J). papa
K). mama

53 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (693)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.