Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1050567 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Suspectzero(m): 9:13pm On Jun 17, 2019
Use this link to Calculate your scores, Just answer the questions then you'll know what your score for a draw would be. Take it from there and start gathering your documents to prove everything you answered to e.g Age(Passport), Experience (work reference letter), English (IELTS Results), Education (ECA) etc

Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

I just ran the simulation with your stats. Your score is 478. My Boy, pack your bags, you are ready for Canada!

oluwareni:
Good evening everyone.

Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread in one way or the other.

So.. i finally decided to get on with my application and the first place someone told me is to make Nairaland my Bible.

Peeps!!! i have read and read pages of the thread and my head is almost blowing. it is a whole lot of information to process.

Can i please ask for a buddy that can put me through. This is a plea.

Background
- Single
- Msc
- 4 years work experience in financial sector
- 26 years

Not sure what else is required but would be grateful if i can just have a partner to mentor me though.

Thanks everyone.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 9:14pm On Jun 17, 2019
Delvisfrank:
Hello
Please I am new in the forum. I joined nairaland so I could get advice from experienced and successful Visa applicants in the forum.

I need to know the steps I should take to get a high crs score in Canada's express entry.

Thank you
use the crs tool and got to page 1 too

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by WeAreDLucky1s: 9:23pm On Jun 17, 2019
WeAreDLucky1s:

Dear elders, seniors, landlord, silent crew,

I am about registering for IELTS with IDP MOD, however, there are no available dates with CBT/iBT GT, only Paper based.

Has IDP MOD IELTS CBT/iBT GT stopped? or am i not doing something right?

Nonetheless, should Paper be my sole option, i intend going with the 27 July date, rather BC IBT.

Side Note:
I am the excessively anxious type, even more than Osazee007. I need your prayers, advice and kind words. Lord, please this time, once Only.

I #pray4grace

Feedback to those who might have same question later on.

I was able to get across to IDP MOD IELTS CENTER today via their Telephone Line;

09023201067, 09025756632, 09025850398

These numbers are available from 9am-4pm Mon.-Fri only.

The Test Center office only open on Saturday if its a Test day, available for test takers.

*IDP MOD affirmed they DO NOT offer Computer Based Test or Computer Delivered Test in Nigeria as at now.

Also for the record;

- You can pay without going to the bank or visiting their office.
- I paid via the Mobile Banking App (N68,000) and made unedited screenshot of the "Successful" notification as well the SMS alert.
- The screenshots including Identification Card/Int'l Passport and the Booking confirmation email was forward to their official email: info@ielts.ng
- Booking approved and confirmation of payment was done within 5 hours via email.
- Upon confirmation, the email also comes with a link to IELTS preparation resources/materials. - Recommended.

Note: BC offers CBT for IELTS GT.

I hope this is helpful.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by godG: 9:23pm On Jun 17, 2019
Good People,

Should single applicants put the names of their immediate family members in the family info section of the PR application?

Thanks in anticipation of your prompt response(s). smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by TEECANN: 9:24pm On Jun 17, 2019
Scandinavian02:

Yes. You can claim your work experience from the 5years in a formal setting while your farming can go to the PH section of your application.

I hope this 5years was garnered in the last 10years?

PH section means Personal History section of the application.

Please let's endeavour to write plainly as much as possible so that people like us just up-coming can understand and be less confused in our quest to decode this express entry hustle.

Thank you sir.

It will end in praise IJN!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Itzchord: 9:25pm On Jun 17, 2019
With ielts result as LRWS 8777, u'd comfortably sit on 469, wow!
oluwareni:
Good evening everyone.

Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread in one way or the other.

So.. i finally decided to get on with my application and the first place someone told me is to make Nairaland my Bible.

Peeps!!! i have read and read pages of the thread and my head is almost blowing. it is a whole lot of information to process.

Can i please ask for a buddy that can put me through. This is a plea.

Background
- Single
- Msc
- 4 years work experience in financial sector
- 26 years

Not sure what else is required but would be grateful if i can just have a partner to mentor me though.

Thanks everyone.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Delvisfrank: 9:28pm On Jun 17, 2019
Delvisfrank:
Hello
Please I am new in the forum. I joined nairaland so I could get advice from experienced and successful Visa applicants in the forum.

I need to know the steps I should take to get a high crs score in Canada's express entry.

Thank you

I have submitted a profile on 4th January and I got a message saying I am not eligible to apply for the express entry,
I registered for IELTS exam and scored overall band 6 LWRS 5.0, 6.0, 5.5, 6.5. I couldn't register successfully in their job bank since I need a job offer to boost my application because I didn't do credentials assessment. So I have paid cad$285 to International Credentials Assessment Service of Canada for my credentials assessment but they have not gotten my credentials yet for the assessment.

Please epp a brother

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jennypharb1: 9:29pm On Jun 17, 2019
godG:

Good People,

Should single applicants put the names of their immediate family members in the family info section of the PR application?

Thanks in anticipation of your prompt response(s). smiley

Yes Sir, you'll see the categories of family members in the drop down for each section. Father, mother, brother, sister etc

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jennypharb1: 9:33pm On Jun 17, 2019
Delvisfrank:

I have submitted a profile on 4th January and I got a message saying I am not eligible to apply for the express entry,
I registered for IELTS exam and scored overall band 6 LWRS 5.0, 6.0, 5.5, 6.5. I couldn't register successfully in their job bank since I need a job offer to boost my application because I didn't do credentials assessment. So I have paid cad$285 to International Credentials Assessment Service of Canada for my credentials assessment but they have not gotten my credentials yet for the assessment.

Please epp a brother

Apart from the fact that your IELTS results are too poor, you have not given us much information to help you brother. How old, how many years work experience, what industry, highest level of education etc

Why did you use ICAS? They take up to 6months from the date they get your docs to give you your ECA

You really need to visit page 1 of this thread

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by oluwareni: 9:39pm On Jun 17, 2019
Thanks a lot Suspectzero..

Just went through the link you sent and actually got close to the 478 you calculated. This is a great confidence booster.

Only thing is to start taking a step at a time. would you advise i start the certificate evaluation first or do the IELTS first?
Suspectzero:
Use this link to Calculate your scores, Just answer the questions then you'll know what your score for a draw would be. Take it from there and start gathering your documents to prove everything you answered to e.g Age(Passport), Experience (work reference letter), English (IELTS Results), Education (ECA) etc

Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

I just ran the simulation with your stats. Your score is 478. My Boy, pack your bags, you are ready for Canada!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by WeAreDLucky1s: 9:41pm On Jun 17, 2019
Delvisfrank:

Please epp a brother

You're on the right track with the ECA, however, you'll need to improve on your IELTS Score, you'll need to get a minimum of LSRW:::8777. A tip is that you need to focus on majorly every aspect more importantly the Listening due to high band 8* and Writing due to its complexity and failure rate.

Your best bet for this escapade will be to ensure you thoroughly understand the process by going through page one of this thread. Spend QUALITY time there, probably days. Then return or do a catch up with the thread by reading through the pages.

There are many trivial details you'll need to know as you start, for example the acronyms, while you must get acquainted with other huge ones as you progress. By the way, don't you think you'll need to know in details about an adventure you want to invest MILLIONS OF NAIRA into. angry wink

Take your time to gather all information from page one and then ask specific/unique/complicated question. Also try to exhaust your search options. For example, you can do a "google site specific search" by typing for instance "site:nairaland.com" then your search phrase. Another search options is using the Nairaland search bar and ensure you select the right category for example Travels for search relating to this thread.

I hope this is helpful.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by AzariahYaa: 9:46pm On Jun 17, 2019
Hi @Narkoya! Is this a response to my questions?Kindly confirm please. It would help put my mind at ease, if it is. Thank you.
Narkoya:
Don't worry. Mine didn't update until a few days after Biometrics
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by amaya21: 9:48pm On Jun 17, 2019
The evaluation can take months, so start with that and reach out to your school to send the required documents to your ECA body of choice. Then when you have sent the documents and you're waiting for the report, register for IELTS (General Training) and prepare well. You'll need a minimum of 8777 for LRWS.

oluwareni:
Thanks a lot Suspectzero..

Just went through the link you sent and actually got close to the 478 you calculated. This is a great confidence booster.

Only thing is to start taking a step at a time. would you advise i start the certificate evaluation first or do the IELTS first?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by godG: 9:49pm On Jun 17, 2019
Jennypharb1:

Yes Sir, you'll see the categories of family members in the drop down for each section. Father, mother, brother, sister etc

Thank you. Really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by adanac13: 9:54pm On Jun 17, 2019
you do not need a lagos contact for NECO everything will be processed in Minna
their website is also very functional too so you can call the contact numbers on there
all you need to apply
1) buy 2 NECO scratch cards
2) use one of the cards to generate your neck result from the website and print (at least 2 copies)
3) write a letter to NECO requesting that your statement of result be forwarded to your desired destination
4) now if you are sending to WES be sure to quote your reference number and clearly write out their address also state that you are enclosing in the envelop a second scratch card to for posted along with their response to WES
5) Go to remita website and select NECO to make payment
6) now choose your courier service (I used DHL to enable me track the movement, you can also use the tracking number on the envelop addressed to WES on the WES website)
7) buy two courier bags first one should be addressed from you to NECO Minna (enclose in that one the printed statement of result and your application letter and proof of payment on remita(government payment platform)
cool then the second envelop must be addressed to WES from NECO the second NECO scratch card should be inside this envelop
9) then post to NECO
10) cost 30k+

PS: for 7 above I received a call from a NECO staff telling me I under paid and needed to add 4k, he gave me the option on going back to remita and paying of sending the money to him to make the payment there at their office. It was a risk I had to take cos having to post that one again would cost me another 4k+ so i took the chance. Luckily the guy made the payment and sent me a photo of my receipt grin.

Don't worry its not stressful don't be intimidated by the long post

Infact let me add the response from NECO

Do find below the procedure for result confirmation.

Apply for confirmation of result, the fee of which is 1,050 Naira payable into the National Examinations Council's Treasury Single Account (TSA), payment of which can only be made in Nigeria. Attach the original copy of the payment receipt and an online copy of your result to your letter of request for result confirmation. You are to submit via speed post/courier service delivery directly to the following:

· OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR,
· NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL,
· KILOMETER 8, BIDA ROAD, MINNA,
· NIGER STATE.

· Please note: you are to make provisions for the posting of the result confirmation to the destination school/institution, by including a self-paid speed-post return envelope, already addressed to the recipient, as this will facilitate quick delivery. Also, note that you need to indicate the recipient in your application as we do not give confirmed results to candidates directly.

For details regarding payment into TSA account, kindly contact the Account section of any NECO office nearest to you.

ladymarshall:
We appreciate you for checking in with us.

Page one of this thread is most important. It has everything basic, check here https://www.nairaland.com/5187408/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

Diploma+BSC could be evaluated as two or more certs by WES based on previous sucesses but I am not sure about Uniben’s diploma, perhaps other Uniben alumni who are more informed on it could respond more authoritatively.

Are you asking if a Bachelors degree in Engineering would be evaluated as a Masters degree? Why would you think so? Or perhaps I misread the question. Engineering is not evaluated as a professional degree for EE application tho.

@Avidreader748 has a Neco contact in Minna

3 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by adaifx: 10:07pm On Jun 17, 2019
I felt guilty for not wanting to share my timeline since I have benefited so much from this forum. So this is me assuaging my guilt

ITA 28th November 2018
AOR: 19th December 2018
BIL: 17th January 2019
Applied for Gcms note March 11th
1st ghost update March 23rd
Paid for my Rprf April 4th
PPR 15th May (dated 14th May ) grin
COPR 11th June
Vo Ottawa
Family of 1

Decision to travel April 2017
Due to the financial recklessness of my then boss and his brothers a viable company was suffering cash flow issues. So they made the employees suffer by reducing pay by 50%. I just made up my mind there and then that I want to leave this country.

IELTS.
Let me just say I was humbled, wrote it 4 times it was the 3rd time that made me seek the assistance of a professional to know what I am doing wrong in writing ,other aspect was always excellent. After that I scaled through finally, got it November 2018.

Eca
I evaluated my Bsc, ican and Acca diploma with WES was lucky I wasn’t asked to add my WAEC.My Ican was evaluated as 2 years professional accounting study. The Acca was evaluated as one semester. After eating the cooked lion liver someone gave to me cheesy I decided to claim two or more certificate with my evaluation report,even when the summary of the report was showing 4years bsc only. I want to appreciate this God sent angel for giving me the push to take the risk. It was really worth it

POF
I used gift deed from my mum that was reflecting 78% of the proof of funds required and the fixed deposit certificate from GTB showing the total pof with the printed copy of exchange rate for the day of submission.

Reference Letter
Having worked for more than six different companies I choose to only use one of them in other to keep my application simple and precise, before submitting my application I ensure to match my work history word for word with what I have on my LinkedIn page so I don’t ommit anything.

Finally all I can say is even though some persons have appointed themselves as assistant vo’s putting fear in people’s mind as regards application, God has the final say just ensure you don’t misrepresent yourself and all the documents you are submitting are true and correct.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Debsify: 10:18pm On Jun 17, 2019
adaifx:
I felt guilty for not wanting to share my timeline since I have benefited so much from this forum. So this is me assuaging my guilt

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by kiari: 10:18pm On Jun 17, 2019
Congratulations @adaifx it has ended in praise grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by VECOH1(m): 10:20pm On Jun 17, 2019
Good evening all, Pls I would like to know if it is advisable to travel to Canada 3 months to the passport expiration date.
Are there possibilities of having challenges at the port of entry in Canada?
It is quite hard renewing International passport these days.
I would appreciate feedback from anyone knowledgeable about this.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ummhalimah: 10:28pm On Jun 17, 2019
adaifx:

ITA 28th November 2018
COPR 11th June
Vo Ottawa
Family of 1

Finally all I can say is even though some persons have appointed themselves as assistant vo’s putting fear in people’s mind as regards application, God has the final say just ensure you don’t misrepresent yourself and all the documents you are submitting are true and correct.

Congratulations, may Canada favour you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ikoyila: 10:39pm On Jun 17, 2019
i want to process Canadian work permit.

I av no anything. am a fresher. kindly put me through guys. hope much am I spending to get to canada
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Suspectzero(m): 10:48pm On Jun 17, 2019
I've done quite a bit of research on this myself. Getting into Canada won't be a problem so long as you're a permanent resident, that is you have your COPR. It's the country you'll be transiting through that you should beware of to make sure they'll let you through with limited time on your passport. I suggest you inquire from the airline you plan to use if your passport expiry date would be a problem before you purchase their ticket.

VECOH1:
Good evening all, Pls I would like to know if it is advisable to travel to Canada 3 months to the passport expiration date.
Are there possibilities of having challenges at the port of entry in Canada?
It is quite hard renewing International passport these days.
I would appreciate feedback from anyone knowledgeable about this.
Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jun 17, 2019
Please I am a lawyer and I applied for my WES evaluation but I chose that am a professional which is by virtue of my law school program; which means my evaluation will be based on professional level. Am think if I should change it cos, our law school and theirs are not same or i should leave it. Please I need advice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by oluwareni: 10:50pm On Jun 17, 2019
Thanks Amaya. Will get on the evaluation right away.

Appreciate the prompt response.
amaya21:
The evaluation can take months, so start with that and reach out to your school to send the required documents to your ECA body of choice. Then when you have sent the documents and you're waiting for the report, register for IELTS (General Training) and prepare well. You'll need a minimum of 8777 for LRWS.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by oluwareni: 11:05pm On Jun 17, 2019
One quick question please.

I have 2 more paper left for my ACCA qualification. Can I get any point on the back of this?

*fingers crossed*
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by AzariahYaa: 11:09pm On Jun 17, 2019
adaifx:

ITA 28th November 2018
COPR 11th June
Vo Ottawa
Family of 1
Congratulations!!! May Canada favour you!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jun 17, 2019
Guccigucci:
Hi house

I don tire o! IELTS result June 1st
2nd attempt
LSRW 8.5, 8.5, 9, 6.5

Imagine
I and my spouse are in tears right now

Help me pls!

Ask them to remark your writing. Worked for me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by AzariahYaa: 11:14pm On Jun 17, 2019
Thanks to those who responded! Indeed, i was worried for nothing. I just checked our profile and it says Medical passed! To God be all the glory! We move! The patience game continues...!
AzariahYaa:
Hi Fam! It has been a while! Last week was an extremely busy one for me! Finally, i have caught up with the thread! Congratulations to all the IELTS smashers, ITA and PPR clinchers.

Meanwhile, i am worried. My husband and I received BIL. We went for biometrics today and wiithin an hour, our profile reflected Biometrics completed.However, medical is not reflecting passed. Has this happened to someone before? Should we be worried? Does this happen sometimes? What is the implication of this?
Please elders and knowledgeable e-fam, i look forward to your advice and inputs

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemblaze(f): 11:20pm On Jun 17, 2019
Congratulations

adaifx:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by beabeasquare: 11:21pm On Jun 17, 2019
Congratulations

adaifx:

ITA 28th November 2018
COPR 11th June
Vo Ottawa
Family of 1

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Claire18: 11:23pm On Jun 17, 2019
Huge Congratulations to you!!! I a so happy for you...and your sister. It was surely worth the push! Welcome to Canada
Topsmamen:
[s]To my dearest and wonderful e-fam, with great joy in my heart, I pick my golden pen from the basket of happiness to write you this announcement. Hope this meets you in good health? If so doxology.[/s] grin

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by abyejecks: 11:29pm On Jun 17, 2019
Update:

I just created my profile some minutes ago. Chilling with 475 waiting for next draw.

Thanks family

21 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (693)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.