Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1047377 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ayabemm16: 1:59pm On Jun 19, 2019
Please on WES can i select standard mail via Canada post for the recipient delivery option or does it have to be international courier? The former is $7 while the later is $85.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Zara01(f): 2:05pm On Jun 19, 2019
They will.

muyiroro:
Good day my people, pls I want to confirm if CIC do accepts Small establishments like an enterprise . Where am working is an enterprise company of 10 - 15 staff. Am a little bit skeptical if CIC will accept my reference letter. The company is duly registered in CAC and have been in operation for over 2-5 years. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Zara01(f): 2:06pm On Jun 19, 2019
You can select whichever, most people go for courier because it's faster and can be tracked.

ayabemm16:
Please on WES can i select standard mail via Canada post for the recipient delivery option or does it have to be international courier? The former is $7 while the later is $85.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by topacs: 2:13pm On Jun 19, 2019
Yes you are right, I have so many questions i need answers to..
Can you check ur pm to reply me ur phone number so i can call u.... Thanks
Femmy2424:

I have just discovered how to boost CRS point with additional 34points through additional 2 years diploma in THREE MONTHS. The British Computer Society Certificate in Information Technology (CIT) is recognized by WES and Evaluated as an Equivalent of two years diploma in Canada. I know of someone who has used it. The pass mark is 40%. The CIT has only three courses which are introductory courses to Computer and Network. They have an approved training centre here in Nigeria, although is located in Jos, Plateau State, they have a very robust online training platform for distance learning students. I know of about 12 of us based in Lagos that are currently taking the training, they gave us all the recommended textbooks, training materials, pass questions and answers, there is a WhatsApp group where we all discuss and we have access to some of their instructors.

You can get their details on BSC website or you just type BCS approved training in Nigeria on google to get their details.

INFORMATION IS POWER
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by silkyhair: 2:29pm On Jun 19, 2019
Good day House,
I am on the verge of requesting for my transcript to be access by Bcit/Ices, i would like to know do i need to Pay the 200$ fee before requesting for the transcript? or i can request for the transcript and pay later?

Urgent response would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Kindly Help ooooooo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Adunnee: 2:30pm On Jun 19, 2019
Hobyno:

Hephgirl announce Topsmamen PPR
Topsmamen announce hephgirl PPR hope you pple no dey see wetin I see? shocked shocked
Just walking by

I will announce their wedding date. grin grin grin grin

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by iaatmguy(m): 2:30pm On Jun 19, 2019
muyiroro:
Good day my people, pls I want to confirm if CIC do accepts Small establishments like an enterprise . Where am working is an enterprise company of 10 - 15 staff. Am a little bit skeptical if CIC will accept my reference letter. The company is duly registered in CAC and have been in operation for over 2-5 years. Thanks
no discrimination against size of organizations. you are good to go. even companies that don't have online presence, their ex staff are chilling in some cities in CA, as i type this

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by iaatmguy(m): 2:31pm On Jun 19, 2019
Adunnee:

adunne ade !!!!!!!!!!you this girl ehn? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ifeoma.77 really trained you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by CoCoLav(f): 2:33pm On Jun 19, 2019
kennykentipsy:
hi everyone
I have a quick question. i am presently in Canada i schooled here and am almost a year on my Job which falls under NOC B .I'M about to fill the express entry for federal skill, but am stuck on the part that say ''Do you have a valid job offer supported by a Labour Market Assessment''
i'm not up to 1 year on my job in Canada but it a valid job under NOC B does should fill Yes or NO ?? i tried booking an appointment with an immigration lawyer just to ask these questions and he's charging me $400 for consultation that wont last up to an hour. pls help me out. @justwise and other gurus in the house. thank you all smiley

Do you have an LMIA? Do you have an LMIA No.? Did your employer apply for an LMIA on your behalf? Did you fill some forms and submit to ESDC before getting your job? If you answered no to any of these questions, then you should answer no.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemblaze(f): 2:34pm On Jun 19, 2019
Chaiii....Monitoring spirit grin

Hobyno:

Hephgirl announce Topsmamen PPR
Topsmamen announce hephgirl PPR hope you pple no dey see wetin I see? shocked shocked
Just walking by

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemblaze(f): 2:36pm On Jun 19, 2019
grin And I will be in charge of aso ebi kiss

Adunnee:

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Adunnee: 2:36pm On Jun 19, 2019
iaatmguy:
adunne ade !!!!!!!!!!you this girl ehn? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ifeoma.77 really trained you

My mentor, Long time. cheesy

I'm still learning... lol

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Adunnee: 2:37pm On Jun 19, 2019
yemblaze:
grin And I will be in charge of aso ebi kiss

Yaaay! Matron, Association of Well Wishers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by adanac13: 2:50pm On Jun 19, 2019
WES takes enough time already don't make posting waste your time any further

ayabemm16:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Hobyno: 2:52pm On Jun 19, 2019
ayabemm16:
You can select standard Mail but mind you it will take months to get to you or you might not even get it but the good thing is that you would be send a soft copy which is more important
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Haryanphe(f): 2:53pm On Jun 19, 2019
MamaAaron:
Just to help my fellow Canada family.
I and hubby did our NECO PROCESSING yesterday and below is the details

NECO PROCESSING DETAILS:

1) Go to www.remita.net generate a remita code using your exact name on your NECO certificate. NOTE: when you click on the remita link you would see a search button type in NATIONAL EXAMINATION COUNCIL it will take you the next page where you will be asked for
purpose select *confirmation * then it will generate the amount which is N5,000 complete the form and make payment. An email would be sent to you print out the remita receipt.
*You can do this number 1 before going to NECO OFFICE to save yourself stress*

2) when going to NECO's office go with 20,500(courier fee),1,500(scratch card), 3 photocopies of your NECO certificate, 1 print out of remita payment receipt.
3) NECO's office is at No,20 Coker street ilupeju Lagos it's on the left side of the road if you are driving because the road is one way. When you get there you would be asked to go to room 6 and ask of Mr. Omoyeni but before going to meet him take the remita payment receipt print out upstairs to change it to NECO receipt. Then you can now go to room 6, you would be given a form to fill where you would input your WES reference number and WES address. After filling you would be asked to make photocopy then you would go back to meet Mr. Omoyeni to submit that's all.
**** Due to the NECO examination that starts today your transcript would be sent to WES in 4weeks max because it's just one person that would be processing it but a tracking number would be sent to your email so ensure you fill in your details in the register with Mr. Omoyeni***
Thank you.

Thank you so much mama.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Hobyno: 2:55pm On Jun 19, 2019
Adunnee:

I will be in attendance

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ayabemm16: 3:13pm On Jun 19, 2019
Please do i have to send marriage certificate to WES to show the reason for the difference in name on my credentials and the name I registered with?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 3:14pm On Jun 19, 2019
Lmao!!! grin

@Hobyno, @Adunnee and @yemblaze

Edited: @oyeoye64

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ayabemm16: 3:14pm On Jun 19, 2019
Okay thanks
Zara01:
You can select whichever, most people go for courier because it's faster and can be tracked.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by oyeoye64: 3:16pm On Jun 19, 2019
Adunnee:

And I tought it was TM and Ify77
sad

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by jjohndoe83: 3:21pm On Jun 19, 2019
You people should help me beg IQAS. Na only ECA for common LLB I dey do. Its 4 months and counting. We have been on Final Review for over a week. What are they reviewing exactly nitoriolorun? The Express Entry pool has been calling me since but IQAS would not allow me to be great. If I call now na so so grammar I go dey hear, email they will not respond. undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Distinct777: 3:23pm On Jun 19, 2019
To the glory of the Almighty God our Enabler and Lifter up of our heads, our PPR has arrived!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

ECA (IQAS) – AOR 22nd June 2018
ECA completed – 23rd August 2018
IELTS BC – 21st Sept 2018
Requested for EOR – 28th Sept 2018
Acknowledgment of EOR by BC – 13th Oct 2018
EOR results upgraded – 29th Oct 2018
Created EE Profile – 31st Oct 2018
ITA – 28th Nov 2018
ADR for further med – 13th Dec 2018
AOR – 3rd Jan 2019
ADR for IMM5475 – 13th Feb 2019
BIL – 15th Feb 2019
MEP – 21st March 2019
PPR – 18th June 2019 (my birthday)
VO is Ottawa

Background

My hubby’s brother relocated to Canada to be with his wife in 2012 and shortly after that started advising hubby to explore the option as well. My darling did not take it serious at all! I also mounted some pressure on him because I liked the idea of leaving Nigeria but my oga did not budge. He would always say later…so I dropped the idea and we continued the stressful Lagos life. Over the years, his other siblings would tell me to push him but oga still refused to budge and as I had little or no knowledge about the whole process myself, I thought since he was the one with a sibling in Canada, he was the only one who could apply.

Early in 2018, hubby had a change of mindset and said let’s try this Canada thing. I needed no more prompting! I swung into action and started digging and researching. A lady also joined my organization around this period and we got close, she started prompting me but I didn’t understand all the terms she was using – ECA, IELTS, WES etc. It all seemed so confusing! She introduced this thread to me and it all started getting clearer! God bless the originators of this thread.

ECA - IQAS

As we were managing funds and none of us even had international passports, we decided to take things a step at a time. I was to be the PA due to age and my qualification as a lawyer so I applied for passport first. Got it in May 2018 and applied for my ECA with IQAS. Got a contact from a friend and my transcript from OAU was available within 5 days. My transcript was delivered to IQAS on 22nd May 2018 and I got AOR for it on 22nd June 2018. ECA was ready on 23rd August 2018 and by that time, there were more funds available so we applied for my kids’ and hubby’s passports.

IELTS

IELTS was on 8th September 2018 and oh boy! I studied for it. I prayed and told God I didn’t want to write it more than once cos like I said, we were managing resources. But I studied and practiced well cos the Bible says faith without works is dead. I used Jay and Liz’s free tutorials and IELTS Advantage. Chris Pells’ IELTS advantage really helped with my writing as the lessons broke it down completely. I memorized the formats he prescribed and felt more confident with my writing. Results were released on 21st Sept 2018 and it was LSRW – 8.5,7.5, 9, 6.5. To say I was devastated with the writing score is an understatement but I was confident that I wrote the letter and essay well. Hubby and I decided to apply for a remark on 28th September 2018 and to the glory of God alone, it came back positive on 29th October 2018. Writing was upgraded to 7!!

Profile Created

Sharperly, we created a profile and jumped into the pool on 31st October 2018 with CRS score of 446. We didn’t know we could have created a profile earlier but God took control and we scored above the cut off. ITA was received on 28th Nov 2018 (cut off was 445) and we were overjoyed!

Medicals

Medicals was with Qlife on 30th Nov. An angel @jobsinit on this platform graciously gifted me her slot for a family of 4 on 30th November 2018. I don’t know if they still allow date swaps but all we did then was she sent an email to them stating that she had no more need of the date and asked that it be given to me. They acknowledged and approved the swap and that was it! We went for the tests and unknowingly neglected to inform the physician that hubby had TB about 20 years ago! His X-ray showed the scar on his chest and on 13th December 2018, we were sent an ADR for further medicals. He had to do Hepatitis B and Sputum test which cost about N67,500! It was a trying time as I was not sure of what the outcome would be. But hubby was confident his health is excellent. He told me he was completely diligent with his treatment routine at that 20 years ago. But he prayed that his result should not be swapped or any error occurred in the laboratory. We prayed that all will be positive. We then had to wait for 3 whole months for the sputum test result! To the glory of God, it came out negative and hubby was cleared!

PCC

PCC was with Inspector Moshood. It was easy and straightforward. He charged us 5k each. I wanted to argue and negotiate but hubby calmed me down. We paid 9k and left.

POF

POF was a challenge but as usual, God showed up! An uncle and hubby’s brother (who has become a Canadian citizen by the way) helped with most of the money, we added our savings and used pension as a buffer. Money was used to purchase TBills. At maturity, we switched to MMF and that’s where the funds are till present. We raised a CSE to inform IRCC about this.

ADR

On 13th February 2018, we received another ADR for IMM 5475 – Authorization for Personal Information. We did not know we should have submitted that with the application, we sha filled and submitted it on the same 13th Feb 2018.

BIL &MEP

BIL was received on 14th Feb 2019 and we completed it on 15th February 2019. However, because of hobby’s sputum test result was not yet ready, we did not receive MEP when others with the same timeline received and to say this was scary is an understatement, we kept faith and trusted God that all will be well and indeed it was. The test result was ready early and we got Medicals Passed on 21st March.

After that LONG SILENCE!

Until 7th June 2019 when we got a ghost update. Hubby woke me up with the news and we rejoiced as though PPR had arrived. On 10th June, we saw another ghost update and we kept vigil that night hoping to receive the PPR mail but it didn’t come. Between that Monday and Thursday was a harrowing wait for me. Sleeping and hoping to wake up to the PPR mail… the disappointment was great! We called IRCC on 12th June and the agent said eligibility and security had not started, we disregarded the news with a wave of hand and prayed for the mail to drop. On Thursday 13th June in the Jan AOR group, about 3 people got PPR and I cried to God on that day to remove everything delaying our PPR. On Friday 14th June, we saw an update in our account and the “additional documents under review” turned to “not applicable”.

My birthday is 18th June. We firmly trusted God to release our PPR as a birthday gift for me. In the wee hours of my birthday, and to the glory of God, shortly after I slept (I prayed till some minutes after 12am) hubby woke me up in the middle of the night, barely containing his screams (he’s more expressive than I…lol) and[b] it’s PPR![/b]

The journey was long with a roller coaster of emotions but all through it, God remained faithful! After our AOR, I relaxed and tried to take my mind off it but hubby would not. He was constantly checking for updates and worrying that it was taking too long. This is a man that we cajoled for years to come and relocate o…lol. I kept my calm but I won’t lie, the wait started getting to me too after about 3months and hearing other people’s testimonies. It was worse when we got the ghost updates and PPR refused to show at first. I became the anxious one and he the calm spouse…lol. But I always knew that it will end in praise last last!

JAN AOR WhatsApp Group

Yes, we deserve a special mention here!

I am grateful to all members of the January AOR group. I created the WhatsApp January AOR Group and made all the “founding members” admin cos I knew I would not have time and I’m not the overly chatty type. Shout out to you guys! I am sure the group will win the award for the group with the highest number of admins. There is never a dull moment and I’m grateful for the wealth of information provided daily (from the topics allotted for individuals to research and talk about, to info on the type of travel boxes to buy, to all the jokes and advice given). You guys rock and we will all meet in Canny one day – physically or virtually…lol
All Glory to GOD

I am grateful to God for opening this great door for my family, particularly my kids as the situation in our motherland got me worried a lot about what the future would hold for them here. In all, I’m grateful to God for his unwavering mercies and provisions. Thank you to everyone tirelessly answering questions and providing guidance on this thread. The Lord will enlarge your coast.

May all our dreams come through!

And may Nigeria be great again!!

95 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 3:28pm On Jun 19, 2019
Femmy2424:

I have just discovered how to boost CRS point with additional 34points through additional 2 years diploma in THREE MONTHS. The British Computer Society Certificate in Information Technology (CIT) is recognized by WES and Evaluated as an Equivalent of two years diploma in Canada. I know of someone who has used it. The pass mark is 40%. The CIT has only three courses which are introductory courses to Computer and Network. They have an approved training centre here in Nigeria, although is located in Jos, Plateau State, they have a very robust online training platform for distance learning students. I know of about 12 of us based in Lagos that are currently taking the training, they gave us all the recommended textbooks, training materials, pass questions and answers, there is a WhatsApp group where we all discuss and we have access to some of their instructors.

You can get their details on BSC website or you just type BCS approved training in Nigeria on google to get their details.

INFORMATION IS POWER
House, how true is this information?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Adunnee: 3:30pm On Jun 19, 2019
oyeoye64:

sad

Nope. Ifeoma77 has lots of suitors. We are still reading applications. TopHep2020 is the code.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Macy4real200: 3:33pm On Jun 19, 2019
I reject it with you sir.
ENGRAGHA2:
You assumed a constant trend which I do not think is possible in reality. You are not totally right with your estimation. Again, as someone floating with 446 in the pool I reject your analysis......Lol

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by silkyhair: 3:39pm On Jun 19, 2019
Congratulations Sis.

I key into your testimony.
Distinct777:
To the glory of the Almighty God our Enabler and Lifter up of our heads, our PPR has arrived!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

ITA – 28th Nov 2018
AOR – 3rd Jan 2019
BIL – 15th Feb 2019
MEP – 21st March 2019
VO is Ottawa

Background

My hubby’s brother relocated to Canada to be with his wife in 2012 and shortly after that started advising hubby to explore the option as well. My darling did not take it serious at all! I also mounted some pressure on him because I liked the idea of leaving Nigeria but my oga did not budge. He would always say later…so I dropped the idea and we continued the stressful Lagos life. Over the years, his other siblings would tell me to push him but oga still refused to budge and as I had little or no knowledge about the whole process myself, I thought since he was the one with a sibling in Canada, he was the only one who could apply.

Early in 2018, hubby had a change of mindset and said let’s try this Canada thing. I needed no more prompting! I swung into action and started digging and researching. A lady also joined my organization around this period and we got close, she started prompting me but I didn’t understand all the terms she was using – ECA, IELTS, WES etc. It all seemed so confusing! She introduced this thread to me and it all started getting clearer! God bless the originators of this thread.

ECA - IQAS

As we were managing funds and none of us even had international passports, we decided to take things a step at a time. I was to be the PA due to age and my qualification as a lawyer so I applied for passport first. Got it in May 2018 and applied for my ECA with IQAS. Got a contact from a friend and my transcript from OAU was available within 5 days. My transcript was delivered to IQAS on 22nd May 2018 and I got AOR for it on 22nd June 2018. ECA was ready on 23rd August 2018 and by that time, there were more funds available so we applied for my kids’ and hubby’s passports.

IELTS

IELTS was on 8th September 2018 and oh boy! I studied for it. I prayed and told God I didn’t want to write it more than once cos like I said, we were managing resources. But I studied and practiced well cos the Bible says faith without works is dead. I used Jay and Liz’s free tutorials and IELTS Advantage. Chris Pells’ IELTS advantage really helped with my writing as the lessons broke it down completely. I memorized the formats he prescribed and felt more confident with my writing. Results were released on 21st Sept 2018 and it was LSRW – 8.5,7.5, 9, 6.5. To say I was devastated with the writing score is an understatement but I was confident that I wrote the letter and essay well. Hubby and I decided to apply for a remark on 28th September 2018 and to the glory of God alone, it came back positive on 29th October 2018. Writing was upgraded to 7!!

Profile Created

Sharperly, we created a profile and jumped into the pool on 31st October 2018 with CRS score of 446. We didn’t know we could have created a profile earlier but God took control and we scored above the cut off. ITA was received on 28th Nov 2018 (cut off was 445) and we were overjoyed!

Medicals

Medicals was with Qlife on 30th Nov. An angel @jobsinit on this platform graciously gifted me her slot for a family of 4 on 30th November 2018. I don’t know if they still allow date swaps but all we did then was she sent an email to them stating that she had no more need of the date and asked that it be given to me. They acknowledged and approved the swap and that was it! We went for the tests and unknowingly neglected to inform the physician that hubby had TB about 20 years ago! His X-ray showed the scar on his chest and on 13th December 2018, we were sent an ADR for further medicals. He had to do Hepatitis B and Sputum test which cost about N67,500! It was a trying time as I was not sure of what the outcome would be. But hubby was confident his health is excellent. He told me he was completely diligent with his treatment routine at that 20 years ago. But he prayed that his result should not be swapped or any error occurred in the laboratory. We prayed that all will be positive. We then had to wait for 3 whole months for the sputum test result! To the glory of God, it came out negative and hubby was cleared!

PCC

PCC was with Inspector Moshood. It was easy and straightforward. He charged us 5k each. I wanted to argue and negotiate but hubby calmed me down. We paid 9k and left.

POF

POF was a challenge but as usual, God showed up! An uncle and hubby’s brother (who has become a Canadian citizen by the way) helped with most of the money, we added our savings and used pension as a buffer. Money was used to purchase TBills. At maturity, we switched to MMF and that’s where the funds are till present. We raised a CSE to inform IRCC about this.

ADR

On 13th February 2018, we received another ADR for IMM 5475 – Authorization for Personal Information. We did not know we should have submitted that with the application, we sha filled and submitted it on the same 13th Feb 2018.

BIL &MEP

BIL was received on 14th Feb 2019 and we completed it on 15th February 2019. However, because of hobby’s sputum test result was not yet ready, we did not receive MEP when others with the same timeline received and to say this was scary is an understatement, we kept faith and trusted God that all will be well and indeed it was. The test result was ready early and we got Medicals Passed on 21st March.

After that LONG SILENCE!

Until 7th June 2019 when we got a ghost update. Hubby woke me up with the news and we rejoiced as though PPR had arrived. On 10th June, we saw another ghost update and we kept vigil that night hoping to receive the PPR mail but it didn’t come. Between that Monday and Thursday was a harrowing wait for me. Sleeping and hoping to wake up to the PPR mail… the disappointment was great! We called IRCC on 12th June and the agent said eligibility and security had not started, we disregarded the news with a wave of hand and prayed for the mail to drop. On Thursday 13th June in the Jan AOR group, about 3 people got PPR and I cried to God on that day to remove everything delaying our PPR. On Friday 14th June, we saw an update in our account and the “additional documents under review” turned to “not applicable”.

My birthday is 18th June. We firmly trusted God to release our PPR as a birthday gift for me. In the wee hours of my birthday, and to the glory of God, shortly after I slept (I prayed till some minutes after 12am) hubby woke me up in the middle of the night, barely containing his screams (he’s more expressive than I…lol) and[b] it’s PPR![/b]

The journey was long with a roller coaster of emotions but all through it, God remained faithful! After our AOR, I relaxed and tried to take my mind off it but hubby would not. He was constantly checking for updates and worrying that it was taking too long. This is a man that we cajoled for years to come and relocate o…lol. I kept my calm but I won’t lie, the wait started getting to me too after about 3months and hearing other people’s testimonies. It was worse when we got the ghost updates and PPR refused to show at first. I became the anxious one and he the calm spouse…lol. But I always knew that it will end in praise last last!

JAN AOR WhatsApp Group

Yes, we deserve a special mention here!

I am grateful to all members of the January AOR group. I created the WhatsApp January AOR Group and made all the “founding members” admin cos I knew I would not have time and I’m not the overly chatty type. Shout out to you guys! I am sure the group will win the award for the group with the highest number of admins. There is never a dull moment and I’m grateful for the wealth of information provided daily (from the topics allotted for individuals to research and talk about, to info on the type of travel boxes to buy, to all the jokes and advice given). You guys rock and we will all meet in Canny one day – physically or virtually…lol
All Glory to GOD

I am grateful to God for opening this great door for my family, particularly my kids as the situation in our motherland got me worried a lot about what the future would hold for them here. In all, I’m grateful to God for his unwavering mercies and provisions. Thank you to everyone tirelessly answering questions and providing guidance on this thread. The Lord will enlarge your coast.

May all our dreams come through!

And may Nigeria be great again!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bankyh1905(m): 3:41pm On Jun 19, 2019
Distinct777:

Timeline

ITA – 28th Nov 2018
AOR – 3rd Jan 2019
BIL – 15th Feb 2019
MEP – 21st March 2019
VO is Ottawa

Congratulations to you and your family. What an interesting read! Go forth and prosper in the maple leaf country.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ArabianRose(f): 3:50pm On Jun 19, 2019
I hope you know Hephgirl is a married woman with two kids?

@hephgirl, congrats mami!!
Adunnee:

Nope. Ifeoma77 has lots of suitors. We are still reading applications. TopHep2020 is the code.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ArabianRose(f): 3:51pm On Jun 19, 2019
Huge Congratulations to @Distinct777 and all others that got the PPR!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 19, 2019
Please how do I pay for IELTS via online transfer and where will I have to write my reference number via online too? Abeg0 people.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by opella(f): 4:09pm On Jun 19, 2019
Distinct777:

Timeline

ITA – 28th Nov 2018
AOR – 3rd Jan 2019
BIL – 15th Feb 2019
MEP – 21st March 2019
VO is Ottawa

congratulations dear. May Canada favour you and your family.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (693)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.