Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,464 members, 7,830,332 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1058674 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Narkoya: 6:53am On Jun 20, 2019
Good morning. Pls does anyone know of it's ok to renew my passport after copr but before landing?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Holla3110(m): 6:56am On Jun 20, 2019
Good morning, please can someone advise if there is a chance for a Diploma holder to qualify for Express entry?, your response will be highly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by oluwareni: 7:08am On Jun 20, 2019
Good morning house,

For my ECA evaluation, can I deliver to a friend in Canada and then she sends through to me or should I just deliver to Nigeria. Trying to save cost. Every Penny counts at this moment.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Pimi: 7:09am On Jun 20, 2019
Good morning. Can someone share the Whatsapp group link for British computer society course. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by VECOH1(m): 7:16am On Jun 20, 2019
Good Morning all, Pls I need a second opinion on this from experienced people here.
Is it advisable to travel to Canada 3 months to the passport expiration date?

Are there possibilities of having challenges at the port of entry in Canada?

It is hard renewing International passport these days.

I would appreciate feedback from anyone knowledgeable about this.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Thaiy(m): 7:27am On Jun 20, 2019
Ifeoma77:
Hello from the other side grin

Congratulations @Ifeoma77

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by jiasemota: 7:30am On Jun 20, 2019
You can send to someone in canada. Did mine that way to save cost. The person can send to ur email Il n print n coloured.

oluwareni:
Good morning house,

For my ECA evaluation, can I deliver to a friend in Canada and then she sends through to me or should I just deliver to Nigeria. Trying to save cost. Every Penny counts at this moment.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Zara01(f): 7:35am On Jun 20, 2019
Yes but find out from the airline you’d be using if it’s okay - some have strict restrictions with a minimum of six month’s validity.

VECOH1:
Good Morning all, Pls I need a second opinion on this from experienced people here.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Zara01(f): 7:36am On Jun 20, 2019
Yes you can.

oluwareni:
Good morning house,

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by amoskitto: 7:40am On Jun 20, 2019
About 2 weeks
ans123:
Pls house....how long on average does WES take to update dashboard to estimated time of completion after Unilag responds to verification request.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Holla3110(m): 7:52am On Jun 20, 2019
Please I need to ask, is there any chance for a Diploma holder to participate in Express Entry program, your advise will be highly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by adanac13: 7:54am On Jun 20, 2019
Sounds like a good idea o, they can scan to you for upload provided you're not required to submit hard copy , then someone coming can bring it for you

oluwareni:
Good morning house,

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by adanac13: 8:00am On Jun 20, 2019
I'm interested in this question cause my passport expires in February and baby girl is trusting God that everything will set by December grin

VECOH1:

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 20, 2019
My people that did BC EOR, please how did you know the result changed because there is no need going for it if the result is unchanged, since we have our TRF already? My mail didn't indicate if there was a change or not.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Slimcanada001: 8:06am On Jun 20, 2019
They should request for the old TRF. But you have to get there to confirm though. BC doesn't hint anything via email.

pyruvateluv:
My people that did BC EOR, please how did you know the result changed because there is no need going for it if the result is unchanged, since we have our TRF already? My mail didn't indicate if there was a change or not.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by adanac13: 8:08am On Jun 20, 2019
Good morning beautiful people,

Please my evaluation is due tomorrow, I wanted to find out how long it takes WES to send a soft copy (if they do)
so I can use the details to dive into the pool, I'm targeting the next draw. By the special grace of God
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 20, 2019
adanac13:

Please my evaluation is due tomorrow, I wanted to find out how long it takes WES to send a soft copy (if they do)
so I can use the details to dive into the pool, I'm targeting the next draw. By the special grace of God

You should get the soft copy tomorrow hopefully

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 20, 2019
Slimcanada001:
They should request for the old TRF. But you have to get there to confirm though. BC doesn't hint anything via email.

Ok

I learnt they normally send a pdf attachment if the result is unchanged.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by amaya21: 8:39am On Jun 20, 2019
Yes you can. Your friend can scan it to you and then she sends you the hard copy whenever it is convenient. If you are using WES, they'll send you a soft copy when they're done with the ECA as well.

oluwareni:
Good morning house,

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by amaya21: 8:41am On Jun 20, 2019
WES sends soft copies. If it doesn't arrive on the stated day of completion, should be max 1 - 3 days after that.

adanac13:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by amaya21: 8:43am On Jun 20, 2019
Check with the airline. Some are stricter than others.

However, you may still want to see if you can renew here before leaving. Sometimes our embassies in other countries struggle with "booklets" or "materials".

VECOH1:

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by nwizu042: 8:46am On Jun 20, 2019
kemtybemty:
Thank you all for your responses but ICES now requests for WAEC certificates as well for Nigeria. I have written a mail to WES to find out their opinion about the error in the date of birth. I am most grateful.

Have they replied. I have the same issue and dont know how to go about it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Slimcanada001: 8:48am On Jun 20, 2019
This is a new one then. My eor came back unchanged with them in February this year and there was no attachment or hint in the mail.

pyruvateluv:

Ok

I learnt they normally send a pdf attachment if the result is unchanged.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ginixx: 8:58am On Jun 20, 2019
Pardon my asking please....Is it really confirmed dat it's 34 points?

Femmy2424:

I have just discovered how to boost CRS point with additional 34points through additional 2 years diploma in THREE MONTHS. The British Computer Society Certificate in Information Technology (CIT) is recognized by WES and Evaluated as an Equivalent of two years diploma in Canada. I know of someone who has used it. The pass mark is 40%. The CIT has only three courses which are introductory courses to Computer and Network. They have an approved training centre here in Nigeria, although is located in Jos, Plateau State, they have a very robust online training platform for distance learning students. I know of about 12 of us based in Lagos that are currently taking the training, they gave us all the recommended textbooks, training materials, pass questions and answers, there is a WhatsApp group where we all discuss and we have access to some of their instructors.

You can get their details on BSC website or you just type BCS approved training in Nigeria on google to get their details.

INFORMATION IS POWER
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bankyh1905(m): 9:00am On Jun 20, 2019
The soft copy is ready as soon as evaluation is complete. In fact, that's all you need to enter the pool. If tomorrow is your due date, I bet it'll be ready today. That's WES' way, except that has recently changed.

adanac13:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bankyh1905(m): 9:03am On Jun 20, 2019
Quite true about the bolded. I recently watched a video report about how some Nigerian residents in Canada who went to the Nigerian embassy to collect their passports, only to be turned back. Meanwhile, they weren't notified of any changes beforehand.

amaya21:
Check with the airline. Some are stricter than others.

However, you may still want to see if you can renew here before leaving. Sometimes our embassies in other countries struggle with "booklets" or "materials".

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemblaze(f): 9:09am On Jun 20, 2019
Congratulations....Enjoy your new home.

Distinct777:
To the glory of the Almighty God our Enabler and Lifter up of our heads, our PPR has arrived!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Fidesa: 9:36am On Jun 20, 2019
yemblaze:
Congratulations....Enjoy your new home.

please someone should help with this:
1. is 30 hours per week in a year of part time work accepted by CIC
2. I understand that 32 hours is sufficient for full time work, any thing beyond that is not usually considered as additional.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nikyb: 9:48am On Jun 20, 2019
ojsamuel:
ICES

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nikyb: 10:05am On Jun 20, 2019
Hello everyone. Please I need advice on how to proceed on this Canny journey. I have read all the threads but I want clarifications on some grey areas.

I want to apply as married. I am 41, have a masters degree and over 10yrs experience in banking. Based on my age and if I dust IELTS, 400ish is sketchy.

Wifey is 36, has two certificates but has been self employed in her own CAC registered biz for 7 years though she is named on the website of the company as the GM, she is still the main shareholder. If she gets a good IELTS score can she be the PA? We plan to both write the test anyway and get both our certificates evaluated to boost the score. Please advise if business owners are qualified to apply through EE.

Please our experienced people in the house, what is the best way to go? PNP? Who is most qualified to be the PA?

Kindly help

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ifeoma77(f): 10:07am On Jun 20, 2019
Thanks guys, ayam blushing tongue tongue grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (693)

Usa Visit Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.