Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1052095 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Denerystormborn: 4:52pm On Jun 27, 2019
Hello brothers and sisters. My school finally sent the verification to wes today. How long does it take for wes to acknowledge after they receive the verification?does anyone have an idea?me too I want to enter pool oo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by IzzyAde: 5:02pm On Jun 27, 2019
Hubby will be 33 in July and i am 26. Do you think he should be the principal applicant since he has longer work experience. Thank you for the response

@TemiGee Why don't you start now. Hubby has HND and OND, he can get evaluated as two or more degrees with WES. He doesn't need the BCS. That will cost more money and will still be two or more degrees. He has 5 years experience, which makes him the best person as P.A. (I assume his age is not too advanced)

By this time next year. 470 may struggle to get ITA. Who knows. "There is no time to check time"

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bankyh1905(m): 5:06pm On Jun 27, 2019
Congrats, I know the feeling. Normally, verification should be done and status changed within 2 to 3 days. If not, place a call to them immediately. There's no time to waste, given that you want to start swimming. wink

Denerystormborn:
Hello brothers and sisters. My school finally sent the verification to wes today. How long does it take for wes to acknowledge after they receive the verification?does anyone have an idea?me too I want to enter pool oo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ananne: 5:06pm On Jun 27, 2019
Topsmamen:

True. 3 and 6 could go under 6235.

Hi Topsmamem

Thanks for your response. I appreciate.

Does it mean she can choose that NOC since two of her job descriptions fit.

I thought at least 80 percent of job descriptions should fit the NOC to be valid.

Please expatiate sir.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ananne: 5:12pm On Jun 27, 2019
Joromi12:
last 2 are noc C. Only first one flies

Thank you for responding. Please which NOC does the first one fit in?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by hayoakins(m): 5:13pm On Jun 27, 2019
Scandinavian02:

You only have to send your HND certificate and O'Level to Wes. (There is someone here who helps with WAEC).

For IELTS, I have no doubt that with your HND Distinction, this would be a walk in the park for you.

Good luck!

From personal experience, WES will also request for the ND. I did not even fill in details for my ND as I only wanted to use ACCA and HND, WES populated the field for ND and sent me an email requesting for ND credentials.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Zara01(f): 5:17pm On Jun 27, 2019
This website for IELTS is so helpful, tried my hands on the reading test and got a CLB 8 (37/40). I'd use this to practice more, it helps because I type very fast.

Thank you!

pyruvateluv:

True no 10 minute extra time at the end of listening section. You need to have a moderate to high skill in typing; you can simulate with ieltsonlinetest.com. It's a good way for taking the test, but be careful in your Writing as mistakes can easily be fetched in CDT than on paper.

For immigration, the General Training is the accepted test
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by jjohndoe83: 5:26pm On Jun 27, 2019
I see people come here and say "I want to do this canada Canada migration stuff but I don't have time or I can't practice for IELTS". These people just make my blood boil mehn. I mean this is your freaking life at stake and you're not willing to pay attention to even the minutest detail?

Listen sir/ma, this thing takes work, as in serious work. Getting the visa, which is no mean feat, is just the beginning of at least 3 years of work and planning, and at the inception you're already talking lackadaisically about it? FYI, Canada will be very competitive because they are attracting middle class professionals from the most populous nations in Africa and Asia. So better brace up! It is not gonna be a tea party.

To the lady who came to bash her husband here in the name of seeking advice and cannot have time to practice IELTS. Abeg, think am well o. I work in one of the busiest law firms in this country and without breaking from work I practiced for this IELTS o. Morning, afternoon, evening for about 2 months, I was practicing. As I resume, practice, break time practice, closing time practice. Don't let BC/IDP use you to meet their budget.

Going to Canada is no joke. I still get the shivers when I think about it that in less than a year from today, God willing, I will no longer live in this country that I have lived in for 29 years! And I will carry somebody's daughter and join body. Please let us be serious!

Thanks for coming to my Tedtalk.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bankyh1905(m): 5:31pm On Jun 27, 2019
At bolded, me too grin

jjohndoe83:

Going to Canada is no joke. I still get the shivers when I think about it that in less than a year from today, God willing, I will no longer live in this country that I have lived in for 29 years! And I will carry somebody's daughter and join body. Please let us be serious!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by chukwuemeka275(m): 5:37pm On Jun 27, 2019
safex:
Congratulations. Wishing you godspeed.
Congratulations ITA recipients
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by chukwuemeka275(m): 5:42pm On Jun 27, 2019
Quick question to the gurus in the house, my passport has got roughly seven months left on it, what I do?
Do I just carry on with all the necessary processes and renew when it expires or do I try renewing now?
I'm quite confused on this one because I have started to upload my details and the passport carries the current expiry date. If I were able to new it now would that be an issue?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yansky(m): 5:43pm On Jun 27, 2019
jjohndoe83:
I see people come here and say "I want to do this canada Canada migration stuff but I don't have time or I can't practice for IELTS". These people just make my blood boil mehn. I mean this is your freaking life at stake and you're not willing to pay attention to even the minutest detail?

Listen sir/ma, this thing takes work, as in serious work. Getting the visa, which is no mean feat, is just the beginning of at least 3 years of work and planning, and at the inception you're already talking lackadaisically about it? FYI, Canada will be very competitive because they are attracting middle class professionals from the most populous nations in Africa and Asia. So better brace up! It is not gonna be a tea party.

To the lady who came to bash her husband here in the name of seeking advice and cannot have time to practice IELTS. Abeg, think am well o. I work in one of the busiest law firms in this country and without breaking from work I practiced for this IELTS o. Morning, afternoon, evening for about 2 months, I was practicing. As I resume, practice, break time practice, closing time practice. Don't let BC/IDP use you to meet their budget.

who vexed you sir?! �

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Funky123(f): 5:45pm On Jun 27, 2019
Jennypharb1:

Some people say you have to stay in the province for about 2/3years before you can live elsewhere, others says until you acquire citizenship. Personally I don't know if there is any legal obligation to remain in the province after you have landed. Note that I said personally

Thanks Sir
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Gnomic5: 5:46pm On Jun 27, 2019
I called Qlife today, the person said i can only book an appointmrnt if have my ITA letter and bio data page of my int passport....I should send a mail attaching the 2 before I can get a response on how to book

While IOM responded by mail with details of available dates and payment plan.....

Natalie27:
i think you should just call.. With Qlife i beleive the person you speak with determines the response, i was able to send a mail and book before ITA
and even reschedule with favourable dates and this is very recent.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Funky123(f): 5:46pm On Jun 27, 2019
amaya21:
What i have seen on canada visa and the pnp thread here is that there is an expectation of spending two years in the province that nominated you. After all, they most likely nominated you to fill their own labor market needs. But honestly the jury is still out on whether this is enforced at the time of citizenship or not.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by chukwuemeka275(m): 5:50pm On Jun 27, 2019
iaatmguy:
WHY NOT GET YOUR GET YOUR PR FIRST ? it's cheaper that way. if you apply for masters as a PR your fees would be cheaper and you would have access to work full time. but as an international student, your fees would be times two the amount PR and citizens pay. Also, you would have limited access to work, just 20 hours in a week and selectively.
Insightful! Thanks alot

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Gnomic5: 5:52pm On Jun 27, 2019
Naso....congratulationsin advance. ....

chicyclass:
grin grin

Na next day things.

Na to open July AOR group in advance grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Scandinavian02: 5:56pm On Jun 27, 2019
Fidesa:

Thanks for this analysis.
To also add, i will advise that whatever you can do, do it quickly and try to secure AOR or at least ITA before the canadian elections in October because you never know what may change after that.

Point is, whatever is within your control, make sure you control it as fast as possible.

Shey na true say Uncle Justin Trudeau go lose the election? Abeg, make him win oo.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jennypharb1: 6:01pm On Jun 27, 2019
chukwuemeka275:
Quick question to the gurus in the house, my passport has got roughly seven months left on it, what I do?
Do I just carry on with all the necessary processes and renew when it expires or do I try renewing now?
I'm quite confused on this one because I have started to upload my details and the passport carries the current expiry date. If I were able to new it now would that be an issue?
Thanks

If you have to renew it before it has less than 6months validity on it, you'd have to apply at the immigration headquarters in Abuja. So I think you should just go ahead with what you need to do and wait for it to cross the six month mark then apply.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bankyh1905(m): 6:02pm On Jun 27, 2019
Same experience I had.

Gnomic5:
I called Qlife today, the person said i can only book an appointmrnt if have my ITA letter and bio data page of my int passport....I should send a mail attaching the 2 before I can get a response on how to book

While IOM responded by mail with details of available dates and payment plan.....

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 27, 2019
Scandinavian02:

Shey na true say Uncle Justin Trudeau go lose the election? Abeg, make him win oo.
he go too lose, na him allow asylum and border sneaker enter costing tax payer millions of dollars. bro wey m*u*

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 27, 2019
Can I submit the police report form at ikoyi for myself and my husband or does he have to be physically present?
And pls how long does Police certificate in the UK take to be delivered to Nigeria? I didn’t request for tracked delivery I hope it doesn’t take months to get here
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 27, 2019
jjohndoe83:
I see people come here and say "I want to do this canada Canada migration stuff but I don't have time or I can't practice for IELTS". These people just make my blood boil mehn. I mean this is your freaking life at stake and you're not willing to pay at

a friend in canny once said few years from now people who made it to canny before it will cast will be regarded as the chosen ones grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Scandinavian02: 6:19pm On Jun 27, 2019
Gnomic5:

Qlife is overwhelmed. I think I support this latest move by them as some people without ITAs book dates and NO SHOW thereby depriving ITA holders.

If they continue dishing out dates, they may find themselves giving out January 2021.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by adanac13: 6:25pm On Jun 27, 2019
Thank you cheesy
chicyclass:
Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Greatlady234: 6:29pm On Jun 27, 2019
Jbelieve:

Congratulations please what was your Visa office?

Thanks. Ottawa

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Greatlady234: 6:32pm On Jun 27, 2019
MumofTwins2017:

Congratulations!!!! Canada will Favour you more.. and thank you for this. Many self employed people are still in need of some guidance. You gave us a new perspective. All the best.

Thank you . Amen and amen

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ayaade1: 6:40pm On Jun 27, 2019
Thank you sis

chicyclass:
cheesy
May the journey be smooth.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Natalie27: 6:41pm On Jun 27, 2019
Well like i said, it depends on who picks your call. You can try again tomorrow or just send a mail, you will be surprised.

Gnomic5:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by TITILOLA88: 6:44pm On Jun 27, 2019
Hi

IQAS, it might take a while but, the evaluation report fetches the same points as a master's degree.

Ajibimi:
Good morning all,

Please which evaluation body is more advisable for LLb, BL ( law degree). Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Gnomic5: 6:45pm On Jun 27, 2019
Ok I will tommorow again

Natalie27:

Well like i said, it depends on who picks your call. You can try again tomorrow or just send a mail, you will be surprised.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Natalie27: 6:46pm On Jun 27, 2019
Interestingly i called to book medicals for july the the first week of June, and i was told that if i intend to get a date in July i should call the next week or take June 27th. I didn't want June 27th because i knew i would have a VERY important meeting that morning but i accepted. Last week when i was sure i will be no show i sent a mail and i was rescheduled. No hassle. And trust me i have spoken to people earlier who also told me that i cant be booked unless i have ITA.
Scandinavian02:

Qlife is overwhelmed. I think I support this latest move by them as some people without ITAs book dates and NO SHOW thereby depriving ITA holders.

If they continue dishing out dates, they may find themselves giving out January 2021.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (693)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.