Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,167 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1051740 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 8:55pm On Jul 06, 2019
Yaay! Congratulations. It has finally ended in praise.

Thanks for sharing your timelined PPR script. You've been on this thread long enough so you know our PPR script culture na. We would have appreciated more details for each stage of the process but maybe you're not a person of many words grin We still appreciate you.

You score 3/10

All the very best in Canada. Cheers!!!!

kaymolla:
PPR!!!!
I've been a silent member of this group. I have finally come to announce receipt of the "golden mail". Here's my timeline:
IELTS 1ST ATTEMPT- MARCH 24TH 2018.
IELTS 2ND AND FINAL ATTEMPT - SEPTEMBER 8TH 2018-LSWR- 8.5, 7.5,7,7
ITA- OCTOBER 15TH 2018
AOR - DEC. 07 2018
MEP - JANUARY 17TH 2019
Was on IP2 from the day one of my AOR.

After medicals and biometrics, there seemed to be no progress with my file until ADR.
ADR. (PERSONAL HISTORY)- JUNE 21ST 2019.

PPR - JULY 4TH 2019.

I'm immensely grateful to members of this forum. This process has really taught me how to be patient. My processing took 209 day i.e about 3 days to seven months. Thank you all. To all those still awaiting the good news....please.....have patience...it shall end in praise.....cheers

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Chamberlain76: 9:18pm On Jul 06, 2019
Hi people, I need advice

Is it okay to get my work reference while.waiting for ITA (since I'm sure of getting the next ITA)? Or should I get ITA before requesting for work reference from my organisation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 06, 2019
Chamberlain76:
Hi people, I need advice

Is it okay to get my work reference while.waiting for ITA (since I'm sure of getting the next ITA)? Or should I get ITA before requesting for work reference from my organisation.
u can get now
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ologunsunny: 9:26pm On Jul 06, 2019
Joromi12:
hnd is 3 years degree. Ond 2 years diploma. So wetin be that? There is a screenshot somewhere here of ond hnd from wes. Cant remember the username

HND is 3 years +postgraduate degree sir, even if they need three certificates grin hnd is still there grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Chamberlain76: 9:27pm On Jul 06, 2019
Joromi12:
u can get now

Ok.Thanks Joromi. Can you help with the format?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Zara01(f): 9:33pm On Jul 06, 2019
Glad I could be of help.

chidozy15:

Thanks dear, this seems to be the best tip so far...

Modified: This method worked for me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ladywinterfell: 9:35pm On Jul 06, 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 06, 2019
Chamberlain76:

Ok.Thanks Joromi. Can you help with the format?
page 1
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by pejuhazel(f): 9:51pm On Jul 06, 2019
kaymolla:
PPR!!!!
I've been a silent member of this group. I have finally come to announce receipt of the "golden mail". Here's my timeline:
IELTS 1ST ATTEMPT- MARCH 24TH 2018.
IELTS 2ND AND FINAL ATTEMPT - SEPTEMBER 8TH 2018-LSWR- 8.5, 7.5,7,7
ITA- OCTOBER 15TH 2018
AOR - DEC. 07 2018
MEP - JANUARY 17TH 2019
Was on IP2 from the day one of my AOR.

After medicals and biometrics, there seemed to be no progress with my file until ADR.
ADR. (PERSONAL HISTORY)- JUNE 21ST 2019.

PPR - JULY 4TH 2019.
Congratulations, really happy for you.
Please what's your VO?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nksandy: 12:03am On Jul 07, 2019
I used baptismal certificate and it was accepted and my spouse used Attestation of birth from NPC.
jadief:
[color=#006600][/color]

Hi. We used NPC attestation for my spouse and I. Then normal birth certificates for the kids.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Cryptomania: 12:16am On Jul 07, 2019
My Lady, thanks so much for your response I asked this question on behalf of a friend.

She already messaged someone who had similar evaluation on canadavisa.com and the person gave her a positive response that he/she encountered no issue using it to claim two or more certificates.

So she plans to go ahead and evaluate her degrees and yes, the course do have transcripts.

I appreciate all you do on this platform. Keep up the good work.
ladymarshall:
Hmm! This is really tricky.

Regarding Montessori methods as a certification: from my research, it is a 9 months to one-year (timespan might vary depending on the courses) diploma/certification (I am not sure if it has transcripts, but details on their website makes me think it does. If it has transcripts, then there is a very strong chance that it qualifies as a one-year certificate as ECA requires. I notice that the IRCC considers the 9 month montessori studies in the center at Vancouver BC as a degree based on a tweet response, which means that the cert is recognized at least in Canada). I think that it stands a chance to be evaluated as an extra diploma (or one-year certificate).

Regarding your specific question on the WES equivalency of that person: I was able to get the post where your question came from. Note that the person case was different. He evaluated a secondary school diploma and a Montessori method diploma which led to that evaluation. In the context of ECA, secondary school diploma is not even a degree in the first place. I also strongly suspect that the person did not specify ECA as the purpose of WES evaluation because ECA evaluations have only 8 kinds of equivalencies which WES would have selected for that certification.

Your case would be different because you would be evaluating a university degree and this montessori diploma which might be regarded as two or more certificate. If you already have the montessori diploma (with transcripts), I would say combine it with your uni degree for WES. When I joined the thread, BCS IT was not a thing, one person tried it and it was positive and now everybodi dey rush am. So go for it and you just might testify.

Disclaimer: These are intelligent guesses. In case you proceed and it's negative, I am not liable. But this will make us sure for reference purposes.

Babe @Eshay you know this certification better, please can you help?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by drucci: 2:32am On Jul 07, 2019
boco2126:
Congratulations!

kalu.doctoral.rules@gmail.com

Please help me with IELTS materials.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by damihayjay: 2:53am On Jul 07, 2019
Hello ppl.
Kindly get a chair, popcorn and a bottle of cold drink as this PPR gist  is a long one....
Firstly.. All thanks to God.... My journey is a testimony.
The Journey Begins
I first heard about this Canada thing from my older siblings... They had always told me to do IELTS and start my PR process and all but I never took them serious.

In January 2018,  I just got a new job in Lagos and the pay looked amazing for a young man who had lived all his life in Abeokuta. So when my siblings brought up the idea of writing  IELTS and starting the PR process again,  I just laughed and went pro Nigeria.....
Turning point
By the time the bills started hitting me gbas gbos from  April 2018 and Lagos started showing me it's true colours I started reconsidering my options. Canada won't be a bad place after all.

P. S. My sister introduced me to this thread as at part 6 and I can say I have read every post up till date...

WES Journey.
Having siblings and a forum like this really helped in gathering information that I needed.
I paid for my WES evaluation around May 2018 and It took almost 10 weeks for it to be completed...
I was lucky enough as my school (Private Uni) didn't delay one bit...
Whilst waiting for WES, I started preparing for IELTS.

IELTS hmmmm...
I Had written  IELTS twice before. The first was Academic and I got a 7.5average all thanks to the fact that I saw a pretty girl and lost concentration in my listening and couldnt answer questions 31-35.

I had learnt my lessons, so the second time( First time GT) I had an 88 7.5 6.5 LSWR in that order..

My reading was poor cos I disliked comprehension passages.
Then a friend told me he had 9 in reading. That was how ginger came ooo. I prepared seriously for IELTS. Focusing  more on the reading.. till I found the scope to answer the questions (u will always get a 9).
Village People part 1
After preparing so well for my exam..
Guess what, d VPA (Village People Association ) paid me a visit.
I completely forgot my Speaking test date was a Saturday and didn't realise until the evening of that Saturday.
Haaaaa!!  Ko funny mehn.....
Let me spare you the details....
I was allowed to reschedule and did the test and the remaining three.
Results came out 9887.. RSLW....

First ITA.
I got my first ITA October sth. Can't remember the date. My scores were very high cos I claimed sibling points like 480 sth
I couldn't get all the documents needed before the 60 days. So I declined. Re entered the pool and yanked off my siblings from the application as my points were still High enough to get me an ITA and it also reduced the documents I had to present...

Second ITA
Cut off was 449 Mid Nov. My score was 450... got ITA.. had all documents apart from the POF.
This took me a while to get. But God came through for me as usual, my dad gave me 95% as a gift deed and I had well over the recommended funds needed. (This well over pof will later pay off).

Submitted and paid the fees needed and got AOR Dec 27 2018.

Part 2 is coming soon.
The story  has just begun.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ologunsunny: 3:29am On Jul 07, 2019
damihayjay:

P. S. My sister introduced me to this thread as at part 6 and I can say I have read every post up till date...

IELTS hmmmm...
I Had written  IELTS twice before. The first was Academic and I got a 7.5average all thanks to the fact that I saw a pretty girl and lost concentration in my listening and couldnt answer questions 31-35.

I had learnt my lessons, so the second time( First time GT) I had an 88 7.5 6.5 LSWR in that order..

My reading was poor cos I disliked comprehension passages.
Then a friend told me he had 9 in reading. That was how ginger came ooo. I prepared seriously for IELTS. Focusing  more on the reading
Results came out 9887.. RSLW....

Congratulations, reading na my problem too ooh, can you give advice on it thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by damihayjay: 3:46am On Jul 07, 2019
Part 2
Sorry I forgot to mention
Medicals.
It was at IOM Ikeja . Was very stressful and tiring.
The wait begins
After submitting and paying all required fees. The wait began to see if there was going to be any change.
It was more or less like a ritual for me.
I check my profile in the morning and before I go to bed. And I was constantly on this thread following and reading people's gist
There was nothing eventful; Until February 6 2019 when I got a biometric Invitation letter.
Did my biometrics and started another round of
waiting....
Adding Spouse
Whilst going through the process I proposed to my wife. She was never pro Canada at all; She over believed in Nigeria but God helped me change her mind....
My siblings had been asking us how far that is she coming along with me to Canada; I said yes but will probably do d spousal sponsorship thing and all.
But I didnt know how i would survive leaving madam behind if eventually d PR comes
So one night while discussing we decided to research on adding spouse after AOR.
We saw the different options (the internet is a fantastic place).
Then it hit me, we had to get married and do it fast before PPR
This was in April; So after getting the consent from our parents we went and got married at a registry on the 8th of May. And I raised CSE immediately
Pay attention it gets interesting from here
PPR 1.0
I hardly check my mails and I solely depended on the info on my profile.. (people always check your mails o).
I got a response on the 13th of May and the response was I requested to add spouse after PPR had bn sent

PPR(when,how) Abi these ones are sleeping nii..
I sha sent a mail to tell them I am not understanding and they should not make my head turnoniown
Then sth told me to check my mail. Alas I saw it. Looks like your visa has been issued date May 7 2019. I got married and raised CSE May 8 2019. Totally oblivious of the fact. God really loves me cos I am 1000%sure I wouldnt have checked the mail in the 15 days i would be given to present my passport
The response I got was to submit additional documents for my babe.

Village People 2.0
My Babe was caught in the passport brouhaha of no booklet etc (one of d many reasons to leave d country)
It took us over a month to get it and we had to settle ooo
But at that point we didnt care as we had just 30 days to submit her documents
We got all the information needed from this thread. We sent all her documents added pictures, whatsapp messages. We sha sent everything that will prove beyond any doubt that our relationship was genuine.
We submitted and started another round of waiting..
Submitted last week of May and paid her fees.
Meanwhile we had bn confessing daily that our PR process will be seamless. No interview. No ADR. No updated POF...
We just kept confessing
Almighty Accra.
I was bored at work one day and decided to ask where our VO was. When d babe told me Accra ehn. From Ottawa to Accra ke. After all d Accra gists.
Our hearts sank.. but we still kept confessing; that ours will be seamless.
My people there is power in confessions oooop; I then mailed Accra. They responded that our file was in a queue

Last week Friday. I received a mail for biometrics for my babe..
She went for it on Tuesday
PPR came out Thursday
I submitted passports Friday...
No ADR whatsoever
I skipped some parts sef..
But my people keep hope alive
Thank God for all situations you are in. And never stop confessing
Summary.
WES Aug 2018 (completed
IELTS Aug 2018 9887 RLSW
ITA 1.0 October 2018
ITA 2.0 Nov 2018
AOR Dec 2018
BIL Feb 2019
PPR 1.0 May 2019
PPR 2.0 July 2019
Sorry for the long post.
Wish you all speedy application process
Let me go and start packing........

99 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by damihayjay: 4:15am On Jul 07, 2019
Ologunsunny:

Congratulations, reading na my problem too ooh, can you give advice on it thanks.
1. Don't think outside d box... the answer is always in d passage.
2. read d questions first and have a pencil to underline the topic sentences. copy verbatim as well
3. for t f and ng. true it is stated clearly in d passage, false the opposite was stated in the passage. not given. it was never mentioned in the oassage.
4. Watch youtube videos and practice welll.
success

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ologunsunny: 4:22am On Jul 07, 2019
Thanks so much, I wish you success in your new home

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 4:35am On Jul 07, 2019
LOL! Even Samson lost concentration. grin grin

damihayjay:
I Had written  IELTS twice before. The first was Academic and I got a 7.5average all thanks to the fact that I saw a pretty girl and lost concentration in my listening and couldn't answer questions 31-35.

Congratulations! Enjoy my country! You will love it smiley

damihayjay:
Summary.
WES Aug 2018 (completed
IELTS Aug 2018 9887 RLSW
ITA 1.0 October 2018
ITA 2.0 Nov 2018
AOR Dec 2018
BIL Feb 2019
PPR 1.0 May 2019
PPR 2.0 July 2019

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 4:37am On Jul 07, 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ShoeShineGuy: 5:11am On Jul 07, 2019
You're very correct Me Lady.. Our man in focus didn't see any need for that I'm afraid and he rightfully earned himself a 3.5. I do think you were too lenient though! In my opinion, he purposely left the details out!! In fact, no attempt at making the gist useful to any of us newbies... I'm very sorry for sounding harsh in this extreme manner.
ladymarshall:
Please let's find the time to type detailed PPR stories once we get the 2nd or 3rd ghost update grin or the golden email. If this thread was very helpful to us, sharing our journey in detail in the PPR script is a way of giving back to the thread especially for silent and 'ghost' readers.

All the best to us in every stage of the process.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ShoeShineGuy: 5:26am On Jul 07, 2019
Big congrats to you @kaymolla. May you prosper in the 'newfoundland'. Hearty cheers!
ladymarshall:
Yaay! Congratulations. It has finally ended in praise.

Thanks for sharing your timelined PPR script. You've been on this thread long enough so you know our PPR script culture na. We would have appreciated more details for each stage of the process but maybe you're not a person of many words grin We still appreciate you.

You score 3/10

All the very best in Canada. Cheers!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ShoeShineGuy: 5:37am On Jul 07, 2019
Pls calm down. Sometimes things are not just what they seem to be, especially in a faceless group as this..
Cryptomania:
And to you @justwise

Like seriously, why would you ban me for telling people who are interested in CIMA to send me a PM. I didn't spam the thread, only posted this message twice on different days if not week.

Is it a crime to provide people with more options to boost their CRS scores?

The BCS and CIMA watsapp group are there for a purpose.

Please man up and stop acting like the only wise man here.

Imagine, banning my moniker for 2 years. SMH

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ShoeShineGuy: 7:01am On Jul 07, 2019
I rejoice with you sire. You really were favoured all through. Just imagine this -for seeing a 'fair damsel', you lost focus in an exam hall, IELTS' for crying out loud. I mean who does that? cheesy grin... You earned ITA, declined and went on to drop claim to sibling points -something others would do anything for!.. You were even so negligent grin that without knowing you had the golden mail, married a day after it landed!.. But then, favour found you and all things worked out for your good! Congrats once more.
damihayjay:
Part 2
I submitted passports Friday...
No ADR whatsoever
I skipped some parts sef..
But my people keep hope alive
Thank God for all situations you are in. And never stop confessing
Summary.
WES Aug 2018 (completed
IELTS Aug 2018 9887 RLSW
ITA 1.0 October 2018
ITA 2.0 Nov 2018
AOR Dec 2018
BIL Feb 2019
PPR 1.0 May 2019
PPR 2.0 July 2019
Sorry for the long post.
Wish you all speedy application process
Let me go and start packing........

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Philips49: 7:35am On Jul 07, 2019
Happy Sunday. Lol, am still waiting for ITA to drop o. Nobody thought the score would have gone up like this.
ladymarshall:
Thanks for your regular analysis. You seem to be fascinated with the statistical predictions of ITA draws. Nice. What stage of the process are you? I'm just curious smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Felzy309: 7:41am On Jul 07, 2019
danieee:
So I've been following this thread since Part 2, and in summary my application was approved recently.

Details:
WES 12 March 2018
IELTS L8.5 R8.0 W8.5 S7.5 14 June 2018
EE profile CRS 482, submitted 13 Dec 2018
ITA 19 Dec 2018
AOR 13 Feb
MEP 31 March
BIL 02 April
BIO submitted 04 April
Radio silence
PPR 27th June
PP sent 01 July
Status changed to APPROVED 03 July and COPR letter received in acc

Thanks for all the free information and guides everyone.

Congrats may cannyLand favour you

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bigwizzy001(m): 7:54am On Jul 07, 2019
[quote author=Joromi12 post=79996574][/quote]

Thanks for the input . I'm ready to go the French way as my fiancee's work cannot be used for FSW.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bigwizzy001(m): 7:59am On Jul 07, 2019
Meoos:

Bigwizzy,

Your thoughts and concerns are well articulated, how ever, I'll suggest you take it a step at a time.

I think you need to really understand what the Federal Skilled Worker stream of Canada's express entry is all about.

1. If your wife becomes the principal applicant (PA) and as a self employed person, will you still be operating or applying via the FSW route or another different application process is involved?
What's really your age? 50? If you have a degree or skilled trade, I think it's far better than selling foodstuffs as I'm not sure there's any occupation under this category. On the contrary, if you or your fiancée have any degree and at least a year's work experience, FSW or PNP will be okay as you'll need to evaluate your certificate in order to qualify. I can't talk about the business registration part as I'm not into that aspect.

2. In my opinion, I'll suggest you calm down and take it lil by lil, a step at a time. You need both families' approval in that your Union oo, it's important.
Before you go to the registry, please be sure you've gotten their approval, you'll need them sometime. The pool isn't running away yet, do the things that need to be done first before diving. I hope you both have written your English proficiency test (IELTS) and done your educational credentials evaluation (ECA).
These are prerequisites to entering that pool you're rushing into.
Also, you need to understand that there are peeps that have been in that pool for more than one year and there are other that don't stay up to 1 week in the EE pool, it all depends on your level of preparation before diving.

Let me stop here for the elders to come and chooke mouth.
Please if I didn't say want you wanted to hear, don't be angry with me mbok, I'm still your fellow Nigerian wink

Thanks for the advice fam. May God guide you aright too. French(TEF) all the way.

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (693)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.