Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1050910 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jbelieve: 8:29am On Jul 07, 2019
damihayjay:
Part 2

Summary.
WES Aug 2018 (completed
IELTS Aug 2018 9887 RLSW
ITA 1.0 October 2018
ITA 2.0 Nov 2018
AOR Dec 2018
BIL Feb 2019
PPR 1.0 May 2019
PPR 2.0 July 2019
Sorry for the long post.
Wish you all speedy application process
Let me go and start packing........

Congratulations, what document did you submit along side with your passport?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Debsify: 8:33am On Jul 07, 2019
ladymarshall:
I believe you want to evaluate only the certifications right? I don't think so but I'm not sure. Test it on their website. Try to apply for professional cert evaluation only and see if it brings WAEC as a requirement. Or ask them via email.

Thanks for the response, I'll do that
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Debsify: 8:37am On Jul 07, 2019
kaymolla:
PPR!!!!
I've been a silent member of this group. I have finally come to announce receipt of the "golden mail". Here's my timeline:
IELTS 1ST ATTEMPT- MARCH 24TH 2018.
IELTS 2ND AND FINAL ATTEMPT - SEPTEMBER 8TH 2018-LSWR- 8.5, 7.5,7,7
ITA- OCTOBER 15TH 2018
AOR - DEC. 07 2018
MEP - JANUARY 17TH 2019
Was on IP2 from the day one of my AOR.

After medicals and biometrics, there seemed to be no progress with my file until ADR.
ADR. (PERSONAL HISTORY)- JUNE 21ST 2019.

PPR - JULY 4TH 2019.

I'm immensely grateful to members of this forum. This process has really taught me how to be patient. My processing took 209 day i.e about 3 days to seven months. Thank you all. To all those still awaiting the good news....please.....have patience...it shall end in praise.....cheers
Congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ameeria: 8:43am On Jul 07, 2019
damihayjay:
Part 2
Sorry I forgot to mention

Summary.
WES Aug 2018 (completed
IELTS Aug 2018 9887 RLSW
ITA 1.0 October 2018
ITA 2.0 Nov 2018
AOR Dec 2018
BIL Feb 2019
PPR 1.0 May 2019
PPR 2.0 July 2019
Sorry for the long post.

Congratulations! This is really beautiful. May God bless you in your new country o.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemblaze(f): 8:51am On Jul 07, 2019
Congratulations.....am happy for you and your babe grin

damihayjay:
Part 2

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemblaze(f): 9:02am On Jul 07, 2019
Congratulations...

[quote author=kaymolla To all those still awaiting the good news....please.....have patience...it shall end in praise.....cheers[/quote]

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemblaze(f): 9:07am On Jul 07, 2019
ladymarshall:
With all due respect dear moderator and ancestor of this beloved thread,

Yours Faithfully,
Ladymarshall [s](Commander of the North-West battalion, EE Thread NL)[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemblaze(f): 9:21am On Jul 07, 2019
PM me

harry41:
Hello House, please any reliable contact for lasu transcript processing? Please help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ayaade1: 9:25am On Jul 07, 2019
Try a different browser (chrome, Microsoft edge)

realmummy:
Thanks.

I've done that it keeps taking me back to Govt of Canada online services
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemblaze(f): 9:25am On Jul 07, 2019
@danieee and @LordBailish...Congratss on your PPR

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemblaze(f): 9:53am On Jul 07, 2019
To get a PR visa...Yes you need IELTS

However, you can enter Canada via other routes like visitors visa, some colleges dont require IELTS(Student visa), Sponsorship or Spousal visa.

roundface:
Is there any way you can go to canada without writing IELTS?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Iyalla2: 10:18am On Jul 07, 2019
Thank you, I will look at it and consider all the advice and motivation from you guys. It been wonderful being here.
Best regards

I will answer base on my experience.
Since you have started with IQAS you don't need WES. Wes would have been the best option for you initially if you dont mind the waec stress. But now with IQAS just forget WES, mail WES to cancel your application and get your refund. I dont know the cancellation policy though.

HND and ND alone with WES equals 2 or more cert.
Bsc +HND + ND equals 2 or more cert.
Bsc +Hnd + pdg equals 2 or more cert.

So why the stress with WES again when you will have same point.

complete your evaluation with IQAS since you have started already. You will claim 2 or more cert.

Only master can guarantee higher point.

Thank you, I will look at it and consider all the advice and motivation from you guys. It been wonderful being here.
Best regards
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 10:26am On Jul 07, 2019
Very good. Make she carry go
Cryptomania:
My Lady, thanks so much for your response I asked this question on behalf of a friend.

She already messaged someone who had similar evaluation on canadavisa.com and the person gave her a positive response that he/she encountered no issue using it to claim two or more certificates.

So she plans to go ahead and evaluate her degrees and yes, the course do have transcripts.

I appreciate all you do on this platform. Keep up the good work.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 10:36am On Jul 07, 2019
It seems some backend housekeeping was done last night in the past few pages. Where are two of my posts? I miss last night gist sha grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 10:52am On Jul 07, 2019
Congratulations!!!! Your confession has yielded rewards. It has ended in praise

Thanks for sharing your script. I enjoyed reading part 1 and 2 grin You score 9/10

All the best to you and wifey in Canada

damihayjay:
Part 2
Sorry I forgot to mention
Medicals.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 10:56am On Jul 07, 2019
Btw what's up with you both? @iaamdatguy and @Adunnee ? Are you a couple (couple-to-be)? Or bro and sis? The way you cheer each other ehn, especially you @iaamdatguy. Hmm. I'm just curious as an observant passerby #ekeisnotmyhobby grin grin grin

@Topsmamen do you know something I don't know? grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ans123: 11:03am On Jul 07, 2019
@JUSTWISE @ADMIN PLS KINDLY LIFT THE BAN ON @ABYEJECKS SHE IS AN INVALUABLE AND COMMITED MEMBER OF THIS COMMUNITY. THANKS

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 07, 2019
If you keep talking about whatsapp group or things that take you outside the thread then the mod will rightly ban you. Its a free site but we should not deny it its traffic. If part 1 to 7 was on whatsapp . How would non members be able to get info as directed from google or nairaland search. Lets be guided

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by damihayjay: 11:20am On Jul 07, 2019
Jbelieve:

Congratulations, what document did you submit along side with your passport?
the PPR letter
imm 0008
passport photo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Holar0000: 11:33am On Jul 07, 2019
danieee:

Sent.

Hi @danieeee please can you also help send the materials to me. I just tried to PM you but I couldn’t. I’m new to nairaland please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Kendrix69(m): 11:39am On Jul 07, 2019
damihayjay:
Hello ppl.
Kindly get a chair, popcorn and a bottle of cold drink as this PPR gist  is a long one....
Firstly.. All thanks to God.... My journey is a testimony.
The Journey Begins
I first heard about this Canada thing from my older siblings... They had always told me to do IELTS and start my PR process and all but I never took them serious.

In January 2018,  I just got a new job in Lagos and the pay looked amazing for a young man who had lived all his life in Abeokuta. So when my siblings brought up the idea of writing  IELTS and starting the PR process again,  I just laughed and went pro Nigeria.....
Turning point
By the time the bills started hitting me gbas gbos from  April 2018 and Lagos started showing me it's true colours I started reconsidering my options. Canada won't be a bad place after all.

P. S. My sister introduced me to this thread as at part 6 and I can say I have read every post up till date...

WES Journey.
Having siblings and a forum like this really helped in gathering information that I needed.
I paid for my WES evaluation around May 2018 and It took almost 10 weeks for it to be completed...
I was lucky enough as my school (Private Uni) didn't delay one bit...
Whilst waiting for WES, I started preparing for IELTS.

IELTS hmmmm...
I Had written  IELTS twice before. The first was Academic and I got a 7.5average all thanks to the fact that I saw a pretty girl and lost concentration in my listening and couldnt answer questions 31-35.

I had learnt my lessons, so the second time( First time GT) I had an 88 7.5 6.5 LSWR in that order..

My reading was poor cos I disliked comprehension passages.
Then a friend told me he had 9 in reading. That was how ginger came ooo. I prepared seriously for IELTS. Focusing  more on the reading.. till I found the scope to answer the questions (u will always get a 9).

What's d scope for the reading abeg?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by careerwoman(f): 11:40am On Jul 07, 2019
xcaper:
Did your university send your transcript directly to MCC?
No, I sent it myself.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by olalekan9320(m): 11:48am On Jul 07, 2019
Please elders I'm at crossroad and I would appreciate your response, I started PGDE program in NOUN because of this journey while writing first semester exam, I found out that BCS is a bit faster and more cheaper than NOUN even after first semester fees, I decided to start reading for BCS and stop NOUN. I was advised by a brother to finish NOUN since I have started and I agreed.
Last week I went to make enquiry about how I can get statement of result when I have cleared all my papers which I was thinking this december or january that was when I was told that it's a 3-semester course and that I can't get statement of result even if I cleared my papers within one year, I would have just start BCS but I'm not sure I would be able to finish the syllabus and I don't think I can wait till next year june to get statement of result for NOUN considering high crs score
please I would appreciate advice from people
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Cryptomania: 12:04pm On Jul 07, 2019
Have you thought of CIMA? It's very flexible and anybody can pass the exams as long as you put in the work. It's a certificate in accounting and will give you two or more certificates. You can complete it within 4 months. Google more about it and make the right decision.
olalekan9320:
Please elders I'm at crossroad and I would appreciate your response, I started PGDE program in NOUN because of this journey while writing first semester exam, I found out that BCS is a bit faster and more cheaper than NOUN even after first semester fees, I decided to start reading for BCS and stop NOUN. I was advised by a brother to finish NOUN since I have started and I agreed.
Last week I went to make enquiry about how I can get statement of result when I have cleared all my papers which I was thinking this december or january that was when I was told that it's a 3-semester course and that I can't get statement of result even if I cleared my papers within one year, I would have just start BCS but I'm not sure I would be able to finish the syllabus and I don't think I can wait till next year june to get statement of result for NOUN considering high crs score

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 07, 2019
olalekan9320:

Which department? One thing I have found out about NOUN is that the faculty officers have little or no idea about what's happening in the faculty, which is really sad. It's better you get info from those in Exams and record office or those in charge of the issuance of SOR.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ans123: 12:13pm On Jul 07, 2019
PLS TAKE NOTE THIS MEMBER DID NOTHING OF SUCH YOU MENTIONED. I THINK IT'S A CASE OF MISTAKEN IDENTITY.

[Aquote author=Joromi12 post=80025313]If you keep talking about whatsapp group or things that take you outside the thread then the mod will rightly ban you. Its a free site but we should not deny it its traffic. If part 1 to 7 was on whatsapp . How would non members be able to get info as directed from google or nairaland search. Lets be guided[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bekayy: 12:18pm On Jul 07, 2019
Let me add to NG. if you start assuming the answer. It is NG. Shalom. @ologunsunny

damihayjay:

1. Don't think outside d box... the answer is always in d passage.
2. read d questions first and have a pencil to underline the topic sentences. copy verbatim as well
3. for t f and ng. true it is stated clearly in d passage, false the opposite was stated in the passage. not given. it was never mentioned in the oassage.
4. Watch youtube videos and practice welll.
success

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by olalekan9320(m): 12:21pm On Jul 07, 2019
pyruvateluv:

Which department? One thing I have found out about NOUN is that the faculty officers have little or no idea about what's happening in the faculty, which is really sad. It's better you get info from those in Exams and record office or those in charge of the issuance of SOR.

post graduate diploma in education, I will go back there and ask for exam and record office, study center is VI
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by olalekan9320(m): 12:24pm On Jul 07, 2019
Cryptomania:
Have you thought of CIMA? It's very flexible and anybody can pass the exams as long as you put in the work. It's a certificate in accounting and will give you two or more certificates. You can complete it within 4 months. Google more about it and make the right decision.

4 months for someone without accounting background?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 07, 2019
olalekan9320:

post graduate diploma in education, I will go back there and ask for exam and record office, study center is VI
Oh I heard Education is 3 semesters, but confirm first.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Adunnee: 12:29pm On Jul 07, 2019
ladymarshall:
Btw what's up with you both? @iaamdatguy and @Adunnee ? Are you a couple (couple-to-be)? Or bro and sis? The way you cheer each other ehn, especially you @iaamdatguy. Hmm. I'm just curious as an observant passerby #ekeisnotmyhobby grin grin grin

@Topsmamen do you know something I don't know? grin

grin grin

Just guess! You have the option to phone a friend tongue

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by olalekan9320(m): 12:30pm On Jul 07, 2019
pyruvateluv:

Oh I heard Education is 3 semesters, but confirm first.
I thought all pgd courses have a duration of one year, the 3rd semester has only TP and project which I think can be combined in the 2nd semester

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (693)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.