Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1052314 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by intrinsicniyi(m): 12:32pm On Jul 07, 2019
joo2018:
Yes

Bo$$, Please have you seen someone who used "statement of result" with WES & it was accepted?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Cryptomania: 12:33pm On Jul 07, 2019
People before you have done it, people are presently doing it and people will still keep doing it after you. The choice is up to you.
olalekan9320:

4 months for someone without accounting background?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 07, 2019
olalekan9320:

I thought all pgd courses have a duration of one year, the 3rd semester has only TP and project which I think can be combined in the 2nd semester
Exactly but heard education is different. Whichever, I would advice you to continue with it whilst trying other programs
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by olalekan9320(m): 12:41pm On Jul 07, 2019
pyruvateluv:

Exactly but heard education is different. Whichever, I would advice you to continue with it whilst trying other programs
I would try to confirm if it's so then maybe I would check out cima, I would have preferred BCS but I don't think I have enough time to finish the module
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 07, 2019
Greetings every one ..i have been reading through and glad about finding this thread, please i would like to embark on this journey and would like to clarify some things.
1. I have a bsc in busines admin and also a fashion design certificate from a fashion school i recently completed plus 1year job experience in between graduation and fashion design. thr fashion design course lasted one year. i want to ask if i can claim point for two certs or just one. and if so how will i go about wes verification .thanks
NB:The noc i wish to pick which i have one year job experience in is related to my bsc of business admin but unrelated to fashion design
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by olalekan9320(m): 12:42pm On Jul 07, 2019
Cryptomania:
People before you have done it, people are presently doing it and people will still keep doing it after you. The choice is up to you.
thank you very much, If I knew about cima I wouldn't have started NOUN at all

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Philips49: 12:44pm On Jul 07, 2019
Hello were u able able to clarify this ? I have a friend in a similar situation. Is Montessori allowed for a second certificate? Thanks
Cryptomania:
Hello guys, please I want to what this WES evaluation means, can it be used to claim two or more certificates?

Someone evaluated a Montessori diploma on Wes and below is what it said.

Credential: Diploma in Montessori Method of Education
Major/Specialization: Montessori Teaching Methods
Awarded by: Modern Montessori International
Canadian Equivalency: Completion of study and training in Montessori teaching methods
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Cryptomania: 12:52pm On Jul 07, 2019
According to a third party individual on canadavisa.com that used it, he/she said it was a positive outcome. You can consider this as a hearsay statement, but I think there's a green light to use it.
Philips49:
Hello were u able able to clarify this ? I have a friend in a similar situation. Is Montessori allowed for a second certificate? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by joo2018: 1:07pm On Jul 07, 2019
i, me and myself.

You can check my ppr gist and those of others.

intrinsicniyi:

Bo$$, Please have you seen someone who used "statement of result" with WES & it was accepted?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 07, 2019
Sunxylove:
Greetings every one ..i have been reading through and glad about finding this thread, please i would like to embark on this journey and would like to clarify some things.
1. I have a bsc in busines admin and also a fashion design certificate from a fashion school i recently completed plus 1year job experience in between graduation and fashion design. thr fashion design course lasted one year. i want to ask if i can claim point for two certs or just one. and if so how will i go about wes verification .thanks
NB:The noc i wish to pick which i have one year job experience in is related to my bsc of business admin but unrelated to fashion design
u cant use the fashion cert. Wes wont assess it . Cima diploma acca bcs etc are there for u
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by sheroo: 1:33pm On Jul 07, 2019
Hello. congrats bro,
I am march AOR and want to ask if your wife used her married name on her new passport (e.g your surname) or she maintained her maiden name, Asking because my wife is currently using her maiden name on her passport, i am thinking of changing it to my surname and then raise a CSE to update. will that be necessary.
Thanks and congrats once again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by sheroo: 1:35pm On Jul 07, 2019
Hello. congrats bro,
I am march AOR and want to ask if your wife used her married name on her new passport (e.g your surname) or she maintained her maiden name, Asking because my wife is currently using her maiden name on her passport, i am thinking of changing it to my surname and then raise a CSE to update. will that be necessary.

damihayjay:
Part 2
Sorry I forgot to mention
Medicals.
It was at IOM Ikeja . Was very stressful and tiring.
The wait begins
After submitting and paying all required fees. The wait began to see if there was going to be any change.
It was more or less like a ritual for me.
I check my profile in the morning and before I go to bed. And I was constantly on this thread following and reading people's gist
There was nothing eventful; Until February 6 2019 when I got a biometric Invitation letter.
Did my biometrics and started another round of
waiting....
Adding Spouse
Whilst going through the process I proposed to my wife. She was never pro Canada at all; She over believed in Nigeria but God helped me change her mind....
My siblings had been asking us how far that is she coming along with me to Canada; I said yes but will probably do d spousal sponsorship thing and all.
But I didnt know how i would survive leaving madam behind if eventually d PR comes
So one night while discussing we decided to research on adding spouse after AOR.
We saw the different options (the internet is a fantastic place).
Then it hit me, we had to get married and do it fast before PPR
This was in April; So after getting the consent from our parents we went and got married at a registry on the 8th of May. And I raised CSE immediately
Pay attention it gets interesting from here
PPR 1.0
I hardly check my mails and I solely depended on the info on my profile.. (people always check your mails o).
I got a response on the 13th of May and the response was I requested to add spouse after PPR had bn sent

PPR(when,how) Abi these ones are sleeping nii..
I sha sent a mail to tell them I am not understanding and they should not make my head turnoniown
Then sth told me to check my mail. Alas I saw it. Looks like your visa has been issued date May 7 2019. I got married and raised CSE May 8 2019. Totally oblivious of the fact. God really loves me cos I am 1000%sure I wouldnt have checked the mail in the 15 days i would be given to present my passport
The response I got was to submit additional documents for my babe.

Village People 2.0
My Babe was caught in the passport brouhaha of no booklet etc (one of d many reasons to leave d country)
It took us over a month to get it and we had to settle ooo
But at that point we didnt care as we had just 30 days to submit her documents
We got all the information needed from this thread. We sent all her documents added pictures, whatsapp messages. We sha sent everything that will prove beyond any doubt that our relationship was genuine.
We submitted and started another round of waiting..
Submitted last week of May and paid her fees.
Meanwhile we had bn confessing daily that our PR process will be seamless. No interview. No ADR. No updated POF...
We just kept confessing
Almighty Accra.
I was bored at work one day and decided to ask where our VO was. When d babe told me Accra ehn. From Ottawa to Accra ke. After all d Accra gists.
Our hearts sank.. but we still kept confessing; that ours will be seamless.
My people there is power in confessions oooop; I then mailed Accra. They responded that our file was in a queue

Last week Friday. I received a mail for biometrics for my babe..
She went for it on Tuesday
PPR came out Thursday
I submitted passports Friday...
No ADR whatsoever
I skipped some parts sef..
But my people keep hope alive
Thank God for all situations you are in. And never stop confessing
Summary.
WES Aug 2018 (completed
IELTS Aug 2018 9887 RLSW
ITA 1.0 October 2018
ITA 2.0 Nov 2018
AOR Dec 2018
BIL Feb 2019
PPR 1.0 May 2019
PPR 2.0 July 2019
Sorry for the long post.
Wish you all speedy application process
Let me go and start packing........

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by damihayjay: 1:39pm On Jul 07, 2019
sheroo:
Hello. congrats bro,

She maintained her maiden name

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by tolfa(m): 1:40pm On Jul 07, 2019
Once you changed her name on the passport, you have to raise a CSE to that effect. No issues at all if she retain her maiden name with the current passport till after COPR as well.
sheroo:
Hello. congrats bro,
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by rhemagrace(f): 1:44pm On Jul 07, 2019
I used statement of result and it was accepted.

intrinsicniyi:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Holar0000: 1:45pm On Jul 07, 2019
Your story is truly amazing! God bless you for sharing, new member on Nairaland smiley can’t wait to share my testimony. Please kindly share with us the tip to always get a 9 in reading. I’m writing my ielts test next month . Thank you

Thank
damihayjay:
Hello ppl.
Kindly get a chair, popcorn and a bottle of cold drink as this PPR gist  is a long one....
Firstly.. All thanks to God.... My journey is a testimony.
The Journey Begins
I first heard about this Canada thing from my older siblings... They had always told me to do IELTS and start my PR process and all but I never took them serious.

In January 2018,  I just got a new job in Lagos and the pay looked amazing for a young man who had lived all his life in Abeokuta. So when my siblings brought up the idea of writing  IELTS and starting the PR process again,  I just laughed and went pro Nigeria.....
Turning point
By the time the bills started hitting me gbas gbos from  April 2018 and Lagos started showing me it's true colours I started reconsidering my options. Canada won't be a bad place after all.

P. S. My sister introduced me to this thread as at part 6 and I can say I have read every post up till date...

WES Journey.
Having siblings and a forum like this really helped in gathering information that I needed.
I paid for my WES evaluation around May 2018 and It took almost 10 weeks for it to be completed...
I was lucky enough as my school (Private Uni) didn't delay one bit...
Whilst waiting for WES, I started preparing for IELTS.

IELTS hmmmm...
I Had written  IELTS twice before. The first was Academic and I got a 7.5average all thanks to the fact that I saw a pretty girl and lost concentration in my listening and couldnt answer questions 31-35.

I had learnt my lessons, so the second time( First time GT) I had an 88 7.5 6.5 LSWR in that order..

My reading was poor cos I disliked comprehension passages.
Then a friend told me he had 9 in reading. That was how ginger came ooo. I prepared seriously for IELTS. Focusing  more on the reading.. till I found the scope to answer the questions (u will always get a 9).
Village People part 1
After preparing so well for my exam..
Guess what, d VPA (Village People Association ) paid me a visit.

[quote][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by harry41: 1:53pm On Jul 07, 2019
Done. Thank you so much

yemblaze:
PM me

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Holar0000: 1:58pm On Jul 07, 2019
Good mornin fellow NL members. I have been on this Canada matter since 2017 but wasn’t serious. Right now ehn, I am over ready. We are a family of 3; hubby, myself and our daughter

Hubby will be the PA as he has a masters. He has written ielts twice now but the results are not strong I have read so many pages here about having 8777 (God help us). I will be writing my test next month but hubby needs to redo also (most likely next month).

We are both working on ECA at the moment. Will evaluate his with IQAS (A u.k masters degree). Mine with CES (Nigerian b.tech).

So far, I believe these are the two things we need to do to enter the pool. If we get all things right, we should have a crs of 472. I see the points have been coming down hopefully it favours us.

P.S I’m just telling my journey so when I get PR like this, my testimony go sweet una grin

Please all our seniors that have left for Canada, why are they all soooooo busy na embarassed na so Canada hard reach?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by intrinsicniyi(m): 2:07pm On Jul 07, 2019
joo2018:
i, me and myself.

You can check my ppr gist and those of others.

grin This made me so happy seeing that people have used it before. Thank you very much.

Profile: BSc degree, MSc
IELTS: L 8.5 R 8.0 W 7 S 7
Work experience: 3 years

See y'all in Canada.

#Peace.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by intrinsicniyi(m): 2:08pm On Jul 07, 2019
rhemagrace:
I used statement of result and it was accepted.

BlessUP.

Big thanks for the info.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by damihayjay: 2:12pm On Jul 07, 2019
IELTS reading scope. (worked for me)...
1. Don't think outside the box when answering.
The answer is always in the passage.
Most times the answers to questions are in a sequence.
e. g question 1 answer will be in paragraph 1.. so if u have seven questions you most likely will have seven paragraphs.
2. Understand Topic sentences...
All paragraphs have a topic sentence. try identifying it and underlining with a pencil. Often times they are always the answers. As the questions are always targeted at the topic sentence of d paragraph.
3. Copy Verbatim from the passage.. Don't try and use your own words. if it says A. give it to them as A don't add a.
4. Practice and watch videos on you tube. just Google how to get a 9 in IELTS reading. you will be amazed at what u will see.
5. True, False, Not Given.
True- The statement or idea or opinion was clearly stated in the passage.
False-The opposite of the statement was clearly stated in the passage.
Not Given- Never at all was it mentioned in the passage.

N. B Dont over think or try to use your idea to answer questions. Answer with what you can see in the passage.

and the most important point. Think about the score you want Tell God about it and never stop confessing the score you want.
Matt 7:7.

Please feel free to add yours....
Wish everyone success.

Like I said it worked for me and I pray it works for everyone that needs it as well.
God bless.

25 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 07, 2019
Holar0000:
Good mornin fellow NL members. I have been on this Canada matter since 2017 but wasn’t serious. Right now ehn, I am over ready. We are a family of 3; hubby, myself and our daughter

Hubby will be the PA as he has a masters. He has written ielts twice now but the results are not strong I have read so many pages here about having 8777 (God help us). I will be writing my test next month but hubby needs to redo also (most likely next month).

We are both working on ECA at the moment. Will evaluate his with IQAS (A u.k masters degree). Mine with CES (Nigerian b.tech).

So far, I believe these are the two things we need to do to enter the pool. If we get all things right, we should have a crs of 472. I see the points have been coming down hopefully it favours us.

P.S I’m just telling my journey so when I get PR like this, my testimony go sweet una grin

Please all our seniors that have left for Canada, why are they all soooooo busy na embarassed na so Canada hard reach?

I would advice you use WES instead Iqas since its a foreign degree

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Mayflowa(m): 3:01pm On Jul 07, 2019
godG:

They will remove it. Takes a few days. In addition to your email, you should consider calling them. Had the same issue. What I did was to call them like thrice (I was in the US then, so the call was free.). Not sure I sent any email.

Maybe I am missing something. What is the right procedure if you have foreign master degree? Do I forget about sending my Nigeria bachelor degree to WES? or I need t include both master and bachelor for evaluation?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by 55emem55: 3:10pm On Jul 07, 2019
Skillfo:

Congratulations. So happy for you...
Thank you very much.
Wishing you success in the rest of the journey.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by chygoz3(m): 3:11pm On Jul 07, 2019
Mayflowa:

Maybe I am missing something. What is the right procedure if you have foreign master degree? Do I forget about sending my Nigeria bachelor degree to WES? or I need t include both master and bachelor for evaluation?
You only need to evaluate your foreign masters degree.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Arosam(m): 3:15pm On Jul 07, 2019
Entry to practice professional course
School yet to send my transcript to WES (processing)
Likewise NECO (processing)
Will be 31 years by sept 22
Hoping to write IELTS 29th of July.
No turning back now!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by godG: 3:17pm On Jul 07, 2019
Mayflowa:

Maybe I am missing something. What is the right procedure if you have foreign master degree? Do I forget about sending my bachelor degree WES? or I need t include both master and bachelor for evaluation?

There is no "right procedure", sir. You can do as you like.

In any case, you don't have to evaluate your BSc if you have a graduate degree. But if you don't mind slowing down your evaluation timeline, evaluate your BSc with your graduate degree.

However, please be informed that if your BSc or graduate degree was obtained in Nigeria, you are in for a long thing. Because you will need to evaluate your WAEC and/or NECO as well.

So, sir, to avoid unnecessary stress, just evaluate your highest degree.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by justwise(m): 3:23pm On Jul 07, 2019
ans123:

PLS TAKE NOTE THIS MEMBER DID NOTHING OF SUCH YOU MENTIONED. I THINK IT'S A CASE OF MISTAKEN IDENTITY.

[Aquote author=Joromi12 post=80025313]If you keep talking about whatsapp group or things that take you outside the thread then the mod will rightly ban you. Its a free site but we should not deny it its traffic. If part 1 to 7 was on whatsapp . How would non members be able to get info as directed from google or nairaland search. Lets be guided

That is not true, that member advertised whatsapp group and if its you with another ID then you will be banned as well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by justwise(m): 3:27pm On Jul 07, 2019
justwise:
@All

Please lets stop promoting whatsapp groups here, its anti-traffic

Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (693)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.